• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Mebee

Quote from: BellBoy on September 14, 2015, 12:02:46 PM

... and the Inuit story is funny as shit!

Just curious... do you think Art was JOKING when he talked about that? When he said: "It scared me..." and "Listen very carefully now..." it was all for a laugh?

BellBoy

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 14, 2015, 12:30:01 PM
I like watching the credulous loons, which is evil.  But if Art had not respectfully presented that bit of knowledge from the indigenous wisdom-keepers I would never have learned of the Novaya Zemlya effect.

Personally I feel bad for the elders.  I think some teenagers moved Grandpa's inukshuk during the night.

Well, there you go. Far from preying on the vulnerable and weak-minded, Art actually provided us all with an invaluable opportunity to learn something new and fascinating. Thanks Art!

RoseGirl

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 12:12:59 PM
Sorry? The day WHAT happened? Major earthquakes DO change Earth's rotation and axis by a MINISCULE amount (perhaps a few centimeters at the poles) and have done so for millions of years. However that is NOT related to seeing the sun, moon or stars visibly out of place in the sky. That is NOT happening.

The site reports on all major world weather events, disasters and changes, not just earthquakes. Just scroll down. Sheesh. Any anomaly is sited, recorded and detailed...and yes, I am sure there are scientists that say it was all just 'refraction and swamp gas'. That's their theory and they're sticking to it.

The Inuit, on the other hand, live with this kind of thing on a daily basis and know better. Perhaps we could listen to them for a minute?

Mebee

Quote from: BellBoy on September 14, 2015, 12:28:32 PM
He casually mentions an odd and peculiar story = He personally vouches for its "truthiness"

Bullshit. He said: "It scared me..." and "Listen carefully now..."

phrodo

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 11:38:50 AM
This is the earliest posting I can find in this recent resurgence of this story. It's on something called "ALLNEWSPIPELINE". It's from December 5, 2014. I'm SURE they are a reliable news organization!  ::)

http://allnewspipeline.com/Inuits_Issue_Warning_Earth_Has_Shifted.php

What? But you said the story was YEARS old -- that isn't even a year.

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 10:32:45 AM
http://artbell.com/months-ago-inuit-elders-issued-warning-to-nasa-earth-has-shifted/

I'm trying to track down the origin of this new incarnation of this BS story. On Art's site it says: "Months ago, Inuit elders issued warning to NASA â€" “Earth has shifted”"

Well, that's just soo out of date. This story is YEARS old. It originally came out in '09 or '10.

Gee -- whose credibility just took a big hit?

I bet a thousand dollars that you've been told a million times not to exaggerate.  :o

BellBoy

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 12:35:07 PM
Just curious... do you think Art was JOKING when he talked about that? When he said: "It scared me..." and "Listen very carefully now..." it was all for a laugh?

No, I don't think he was joking. Personally, I think he was intentionally trying to stir up the angry voices that live inside your head and make you post pointless and irrational shit on the internet. It amuses him...

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 12:38:48 PM
The site reports on all major world weather events, disasters and changes, not just earthquakes. Just scroll down.

Scroll down to what? You're just making vague innuendo. WTF are you talking about? Please be SPECIFIC.

Sheesh. Any anomaly is sited, recorded and detailed...and yes

Anomaly in WHAT? Earthquakes are not an anomaly, the are NORMAL. So are their SLIGHT effects on Earth's axis and rotation. To WHAT are you trying to draw attention?

, I am sure there are scientists that say it was all just 'refraction and swamp gas'. That's their theory and they're sticking to it.

Wow... you just brush that explanation away with a wave of your hand? Do you have ANY idea of the ramifications of the sun, moon and stars being in the wrong places in the sky? Clearly not.

The Inuit, on the other hand, live with this kind of thing on a daily basis and know better.

Maybe they did 50 years ago, but now they live in modern housing in modern towns.

Perhaps we could listen to them for a minute?

I most certainly DID listen to what they were TRANSLATED as saying. Sorry, but it's just nonsense and completely impossible. It's sad that you believe it.

Mebee

Quote from: phrodo on September 14, 2015, 12:42:14 PM

Cripes... READ THE THREAD. I posted the original documentary which started all this nonsense. This is a new round of repetition.

Gee -- whose credibility just took a big hit?

Not mine, dufus. READ THE THREAD.

I bet a thousand dollars that you've been told a million times not to exaggerate.  :o

Guess again.

AppealPlay

Will you sign copies of this thread, Mebee?  Will the voices in your head sign, too?

phrodo

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 12:54:43 PM
READ THE THREAD.

I did read the thread -- and quoted directly from a post of yours from earlier this morning. You contradict yourself and/or exaggerate your "facts". Perhaps you should go back and read what you've posted.

Mebee

Just for you. http://www.isuma.tv/inuit-knowledge-and-climate-change

"Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change had its world premiere October 23, 2010, at the imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival in Toronto."

K_Dubb

Art has seen a UFO and was so scared by a ouija board he refuses to talk about it.  Consider him some kind of authority, responsible for vetting the stories he reports, at your own risk.

Mebee

Quote from: BellBoy on September 14, 2015, 12:44:22 PM
No, I don't think he was joking. Personally, I think he was intentionally trying to stir up the angry voices that live inside your head and make you post pointless and irrational shit on the internet. It amuses him...

Wow... I'M being irrational? Right...

Mebee

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 14, 2015, 01:07:11 PM
Art has seen a UFO and was so scared by a ouija board he refuses to talk about it.  Consider him some kind of authority, responsible for vetting the stories he reports, at your own risk.

He certainly didn't vet the one's I am talking about. The one about the Vatican telescope being called "Lucifer" could have been cleared up in about one minute of internet sleuthing. 

Mebee

Quote from: phrodo on September 14, 2015, 01:06:35 PM
I did read the thread -- and quoted directly from a post of yours from earlier this morning. You contradict yourself and/or exaggerate your "facts". Perhaps you should go back and read what you've posted.

You may have QUOTED IT, but you didn't READ it. I said: "This is the earliest posting I can find in this recent resurgence of this story. It's on something called "ALLNEWSPIPELINE". It's from December 5, 2014. I'm SURE they are a reliable news organization!"

Do you see where it says " this recent resurgence of this story"?

BellBoy

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 01:08:46 PM
Wow... I'M being irrational? Right...

In proportion to what (in the real world of thinking adults) actually occurred... yes, VERY irrational.

Shades of TheMadMartian irrational.

phrodo

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 01:06:50 PM
Just for you. http://www.isuma.tv/inuit-knowledge-and-climate-change

"Inuit Knowledge and Climate Change had its world premiere October 23, 2010, at the imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival in Toronto."

Oh - so now it's Climate Change? I thought it was that the SUN was rising in a different place. Nice move of the goalposts there but ... sorry - but the Innies are outties when it comes to that BROAD subject. Their movie was merely re-hashing what Al Gore's movie covered way back in '06.  ::)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

Mebee

Quote from: BellBoy on September 14, 2015, 01:13:39 PM
In proportion to what (in the real world of thinking adults) actually occurred... yes, VERY irrational.

Ask RoseGirl. She BELIEVES the story.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 01:10:45 PM
He certainly didn't vet the one's I am talking about. The one about the Vatican telescope being called "Lucifer" could have been cleared up in about one minute of internet sleuthing.

As Popular Science explains, LUCIFER is an acronym for the instruments lengthy title, “Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research.” This instrument is attached to the University of Arizona’s Large Binocular Telescope (LBT) located on Mt. Graham in south eastern Arizona. The Vatican-owned Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT) is right next door.

http://www.openminds.tv/lucifer-is-helping-vatican-astronomers-look-for-extraterrestrials-970/19968

RoseGirl

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 01:15:00 PM
Ask RoseGirl. She BELIEVES the story.

I don't see any reason to be rude or insulting.

Mebee

Quote from: phrodo on September 14, 2015, 01:14:48 PM
Oh - so now it's Climate Change?

That is simply the name of the film. *I* didn't make the film or name it.

I thought it was that the SUN was rising in a different place.

That is what they are translated as saying in the film. Try to keep up.

Nice move of the goalposts there

WTF are you talking about? Their CLAIM is that the sun and stars are in the wrong places in the sky and THAT is due to an axis shift and THAT is what is causing climate change. I haven't changed anything.

but ... sorry - but the Innies are outties when it comes to that BROAD subject. Their movie was merely re-hashing what Al Gore's movie covered way back in '06.  ::)

Wut? It is the original film, showing the Inuit guys being translated as saying that sky objects are in the wrong places. What in the world do you think I have been talking about?

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 01:16:57 PM
I don't see any reason to be rude or insulting.

You are insulted by my recognizing that you believe the story? Does that mean you really know it's BS?

aldousburbank

This thread is making me dizzy.

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 01:15:19 PM

As Popular Science explains, LUCIFER is an acronym for the instruments lengthy title, “Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research.” This instrument is attached to the University of Arizona’s Large Binocular Telescope (LBT) located on Mt. Graham in south eastern Arizona. The Vatican-owned Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT) is right next door.

http://www.openminds.tv/lucifer-is-helping-vatican-astronomers-look-for-extraterrestrials-970/19968

Yeah... and?

The POINT is, that the story that "Lucifer" was the name of the Vatican instrument is just conspiracy-theory nonsense. So is the idea that Earth has shifted on its axis enough to put sky objects visibly out of place.

BellBoy

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2015, 01:24:31 PM
This thread is making me dizzy.

But it's kind'a hilarious watching MeBee froth at the mouth before running all the way out to the end of his chain... again. YOINK! It just never stops being funny!

Mebee

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 14, 2015, 01:26:04 PM
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2015/03/08/inuit-elders-tell-nasa-earth-axis-shifted/

Why are you posting yet another version of that same story? Do you think repetition on the internet means things are true?

It says: "Their elders have written to the National Space and Aeronautics Administration (NASA) to tell them that the Earth's axis has shifted."

I think the TRUTH is, that the director of that film wrote to NASA, years ago. I seriously doubt that those old Inuit guys did so.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: pate on September 13, 2015, 11:44:06 PM
Is this the jukeb ox

Ermagahd...

Nice we're getting this thread back on the rails!

Aaron is so precise he's like a machine... QuarterBot