• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on August 18, 2014, 02:06:28 PM
She will wonder why her dad is giving her bits of bike chain on her 19th birthday.  :P

This made me smile.

Mr. Fidget

Good news: The Gabbers that have already contacted me... will be getting the same set I originally sent to Art in 1997, aside from the one that takes 20 keyrings, I'm a bit low on rings.
   Bad news: With the exception of Coaster, who I originally offered to provide a fidget for, the "complementary linkey fidget window" is closed.
   How does it go again... "napping... nope?" Oh yeah it goes "you snooze, you lose." Those are the breaks.
   About the posted above (redundant) FUD, shocking, I say. It is amazing how unable to let go these "critics" are, as if making me appear wrong does any good for anyone, whatsoever. Any even slightly astute observer, particularly those who know me personally, will, and do see right through that FUD.

Keep on striking the sand "gentlemen," as if you've hit "paydirt." lol

mf

<edit> Upon reflection, I'll grandfather in... Bart, popell, Aldous, Wildcard, Eddie C, maureen, grov505, stellar, Eddie Dean, and even Jackstar, in no particular order. Likely not a full "Art Bell" set, but what I can muster, when I can. Email me, should you dare. ;)

WildCard

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 18, 2014, 06:10:12 PM
<edit> Upon reflection, I'll grandfather in... Bart, popell, Aldous, Wildcard, Eddie C, maureen, grov505, stellar, Eddie Dean, and even Jackstar, in no particular order. Likely not a full "Art Bell" set, but what I can muster, when I can. Email me, should you dare. ;)
I'm trying to 'simplify'. But I accept the olive branch, Fidget. Thanx.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on August 18, 2014, 05:04:32 PM
Let me know when my Fidget arrives MV and I will fork over the necessary cash to get it to Australia as well as sending you the postage address to my secret compound.

i checked, and i believe shipping to australia is about $989.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on August 18, 2014, 11:53:51 PM
i checked, and i believe shipping to australia is about $989.

I hope that comes with a free handjob from the postman.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on August 18, 2014, 11:57:17 PM
I hope that comes with a free handjob from the postman.

that's an extra $14.99 but i'll see if we can't get that waived.  or at least discounted.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: WildCard on August 18, 2014, 07:23:31 PM
I'm trying to 'simplify'. But I accept the olive branch, Fidget. Thanx.
You're most certainly welcome, although the offer remains open... in the event you become (more?) aware that very little is actually simpler [or more reliable] than a Linkey Fidget. They will be mechanical stem cyclical process fundamentals forever, which I have heard may be a loooooong time.
   That leaves me an extra spot for Hal9000, who I neglected to add in my "list." °Snap°
   Likely others as well, did I neglect... awwww heck. The window is still open, just not "a whole"... set. Hardy, har, har... who am I kidding? ;)
   And in <<breaking news>> from the I've had Lorne Greene's vintage 1975 propaganda game for decades... department:
NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH¡¡¡¡ NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH¡¡¡¡ NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH¡¡¡¡ NEWS FLASH!!! NEWS FLASH¡¡¡¡  
   Not for Elmer, "for Lorne" I have added "Diversion" to my pesonal version of wikipedia's "FUD." In honor of "Propaganda Technique of Maneuver #1" [hereinafter codified "PT-F1"] I'll be calling out "FUDD" any appropriate time, from here on out.
   In the event you have not had the cognitive benefit of the 1975 Propaganda Game from Robert Allen & Lorne Greene, I have most generously included an introduction, and a link to further reading.

I call it "The politicians playbook" [TPP].

How many, and which... have I intentionally placed within this post?

There is no correct answer.

So to the propagandist sand pounders, let me say, I will see through your haze. I may simply provide a "PT codified" post to shine a light through bullsh it.

I am happy to be able to share this with you.

Your host, ;)
Mr. Fidget
[mf]

Propaganda Techniques

A. Techniques of Self-Deception
Prejudice
Academic Detachment
Drawing the Line
Not Drawing the Line
Conservatism, Radicalism, Moderatism
Rationalization
Wishful Thinking
Tabloid Thinking
Causal Oversimplification
Inconceivability

B. Techniques of Language
Emotional Terms
Metaphor & Simile
Emphasis
Quotation Out of Context
Abstract Terms
Vagueness
Ambiguity
Shift of Meaning

C. Techniques of Irrelevance
Appearance
Manner
Degrees & Titles
Numbers
Status
Repetition
Slogans
Technical Jargon
Sophistical Formula

D. Techniques of Exploitation
Appeal to Pity
Appeal to Flattery
Appeal to Ridicule
Appeal to Prestige
Appeal to Prejudice
Bargain Appeal
Folksy Appeal
Join the Bandwagon Appeal
Appeal to Practical Consequences
Passing from the Acceptable to the Dubious

E. Techniques of Form
Concurrency
Post Hoc
Selected Instances
Hasty Generalization
Faulty Analogy
Composition
Division
Non Sequitur

F. Techniques of Maneuver
Diversion
Disproving a Minor Point
Ad Hominem
Appeal to Ignorance
Leading Question
Complex Question
Inconsequent Argument
Attacking a Straw Man
Victory by Definition
Begging the Question

Go pull up a stool.
http://www.pnl-nlp.org/download/propaganda/page1.htm

Then:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGxYmD7MSg

Call me out in the new Propaganda thread in politics, it's a game!
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,6585.msg288154/topicseen.html#msg288154

Mr. Fidget

In case it never crossed anyone's mind, I wonder what the effect of "all this" was on Art. He had all kinds of personal stuff before I came along, all the "I'm not going to talk about it" stuff, as is/was his right.
   It could not have been simple, or if it was I'd love to know how he dealt with it simply. How were the complaining listeners responded to? How did the call screeners deal with the matter? Were there meetings regarding the whole situation? Did anyone ever say anything to him in public... let alone private? Why did he take an unscheduled night off and play an Ed Dames repeat in between calls 2 & 3? At the end of show 2, with call 2... he said that he would be on the air tomorrow unless the fidgets worked for time travel. Did they? Why when replaying (the automatic nightly rebroadcast of the show) that contained call 2, did the network replay the first half of the second hour twice cutting me out. That was "weird conspiratorial stuff" way before my conspiracy ever even took any shape. What was he talking about when he said something was going on with the cats in regards to fidgets? Why did he completely close the topic of Fidgets at the beginning of the night of the "guest interview from a payphone" 3rd call? He said he would do his research and get back to everyone, what is the conclusion of that research? What did he mean by "and maybe more?"
  The way it went off, like he said himself, it appeared as if we were in cahoots. We were not.
   There is a lot I know about the Mr. Fidget story, obviously... being Mr. Fidget. There is probably as much or more that I have no idea of because I have not been privy to it, and they have steadfastly refused to communicate with me completely... ever since I was 2 days late on the orders, with the exception of a few non-communicating terse (less than 10 word) emails... no dialog.

Sigh, my personal "uninteresting" rabbit hole again, sorry. Just be glad it's not your problem. If you have any spare mercy, I could certainly use it.

mf

jazmunda

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 21, 2014, 07:26:57 PM
   In case it never crossed anyone's mind, I wonder what the effect of "all this" was on Art. He had all kinds of personal stuff before I came along, all the "I'm not going to talk about it" stuff, as is/was his right.
   It could not have been simple, or if it was I'd love to know how he dealt with it simply. How were the complaining listeners responded to? How did the call screeners deal with the matter? Were there meetings regarding the whole situation? Did anyone ever say anything to him in public... let alone private? Why did he take an unscheduled night off and play an Ed Dames repeat in between calls 2 & 3? At the end of show 2, with call 2... he said that he would be on the air tomorrow unless the fidgets worked for time travel. Did they? Why when replaying (the automatic nightly rebroadcast of the show) that contained call 2, did the network replay the first half of the second hour twice cutting me out. That was "weird conspiratorial stuff" way before my conspiracy ever even took any shape. What was he talking about when he said something was going on with the cats in regards to fidgets? Why did he completely close the topic of Fidgets at the beginning of the night of the "guest interview from a payphone" 3rd call? He said he would do his research and get back to everyone, what is the conclusion of that research? What did he mean by "and maybe more?"
  The way it went off, like he said himself, it appeared as if we were in cahoots. We were not.
   There is a lot I know about the Mr. Fidget story, obviously... being Mr. Fidget. There is probably as much or more that I have no idea of because I have not been privy to it, and they have steadfastly refused to communicate with me completely... ever since I was 2 days late on the orders, with the exception of a few non-communicating terse (less than 10 word) emails... no dialog.

Sigh, my personal "uninteresting" rabbit hole again, sorry. Just be glad it's not your problem. If you have any spare mercy, I could certainly use it.

mf

With respect, Mr Fidget, I think you are reading way too much into the situation. No offense but I doubt it if Art has thought much about you in the past 17 years. I have no doubt that if someone asked him about Mr Fidget he would remember who you were but I doubt he or anyone else at Premiere are complicit in any conspiracy to keep you down. It might be time to let it go. If you can't let it go have you considered calling Noory's show and bringing it up with him?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on August 17, 2014, 11:20:26 PM
Karma is a strange bitch... You ripped off people, now someone stole your idea/product.
Shit, I wish I knew that before I stole Steve Jobs' slide rule in the seventies man.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2014, 07:43:38 PM
Shit, I wish I knew that before I stole Steve Jobs' slide rule in the seventies man.

That slide rule is probably worth millions now that he's dead. You'll be rich beyond your wildest wet dreams.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 07:35:08 PM
With respect, Mr Fidget, I think you are reading way too much into the situation. No offense but I doubt it if Art has thought much about you in the past 17 years. I have no doubt that if someone asked him about Mr Fidget he would remember who you were but I doubt he or anyone else at Premiere are complicit in any conspiracy to keep you down. It might be time to let it go. If you can't let it go have you considered calling Noory's show and bringing it up with him?
I hear read you Jaz. These are all the kind of questions a whirlwind decade of "wtf" moments yield. I wonder still, not that it matters, nor do I expect or demand an answer. While it's "in my head" it's in a sense "in my pocket." When I move it out of my "headspace" into my thread, it is "on the table" in plain view. When I get up, and walk away from BG, it is much less "with me," and aside from the flack... honestly cathartic like "journaling."
   I hope you don't find it "infuriating," as a few seem like they do. I am far closer to closing the "ebook" on this entire matter, and I hope that the effort I am (and have) put into this "true story told" is a greater benefit... than detriment. Thanks for the "kid gloves" and not coming with a strong "Get over it, insult # 1, 2, & 3" which I can't help but see as on the way, based on my past experience here. ;)

mf

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2014, 07:43:38 PM
Aldous, I'm just going say it like I see it. If you had edited that quote to include the "karmic" part of that quote, not drag the slanderous defamation down into my face again... I'd have even more respect for you.
   Seeing as we are not at BK, I don't really expect it "my way," I'm just saying that it perpetuates the erroneous perception I "ripped people off on the Art Bell show," which is inaccurate.

mf
<edit> Thanks man, I think you're aces. And I know it was not intentional. You need some bad to balance out all that awesome. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 21, 2014, 09:18:32 PM
   Aldous, I'm just going say it like I see it. If you had edited that quote to include the "karmic" part of that quote, not drag the slanderous defamation down into my face again... I'd have even more respect for you.
   Seeing as we are not at BK, I don't really expect it "my way," I'm just saying that it perpetuates the erroneous perception I "ripped people off," which is inaccurate.

mf
My bad.

jazmunda

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 21, 2014, 08:45:01 PM
   I hear read you Jaz. These are all the kind of questions a whirlwind decade of "wtf" moments yield. I wonder still, not that it matters, nor do I expect or demand an answer. While it's "in my head" it's in a sense "in my pocket." When I move it out of my "headspace" into my thread, it is "on the table" in plain view. When I get up, and walk away from BG, it is much less "with me," and aside from the flack... honestly cathartic like "journaling."
   I hope you don't find it "infuriating," as a few seem like they do. I am far closer to closing the "ebook" on this entire matter, and I hope that the effort I am (and have) put into this "true story told" is a greater benefit... than detriment. Thanks for the "kid gloves" and not coming with a strong "Get over it, insult # 1, 2, & 3" which I can't help but see as on the way, based on my past experience here. ;)

mf

What outcome would you like in respect to Art's Part, pardon the pun, in this tale?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 09:22:45 PM
What outcome would you like in respect to Art's Part, pardon the pun, in this tale?
I have no expectations of Art. It was just a hard decade plus of inexplicably bizarre circumstances, and I genuinely thought he would at least look at what happened objectively. I accept he makes his own choices, and owes me nothing.
   If he was ever to do whatever he felt was right, bearing in mind the above true story, and accompanying documentation, that I guess is "Art's part."
   I don't think it is "Art-like" to turn a blind eye to the type of clear evidence-based presentation above, and I think as much as some have bemoaned my "problem(s)" I guess we all would agree Art is a person of strong character. The type that does not allow BS to "rule the day," as it has "ruled my last decade."
   My feeling, according to my (Lorne & Robert's really) propaganda codex is Art's position was an A-3 "Technique of self deception #3 Drawing the line."
   His right to it, I do not challenge. My disappointment, he can not deny. The disappointment is just because of his total unwillingness to engage in dialog.
   I imagine that it could have been far worse, from the "bully pulpit" that is C2C, he could have had me drawn and quartered before the Cusco intro played out... any particular night. I do not think he had (or really has) malice towards me, and I certainly hope he does not. I may have been a bit overzealous with my "boot" comment, but that came on the heels (pun?) of my personal journey through all this. He knows I tried to keep him informed, and he knows why he chose the path he did in dealing with my situation. He (as I have said before) had plenty of other things to deal with, undoubtedly more important to him.

Que Sera Sera.

It's complicated.

mf
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Que_Sera,_Sera_(Whatever_Will_Be,_Will_Be)

jazmunda

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on August 21, 2014, 09:43:21 PM
   I have no expectations of Art. It was just a hard decade plus of inexplicably bizarre circumstances, and I genuinely thought he would at least look at what happened objectively. I accept he makes his own choices, and owes me nothing.
   If he was ever to do whatever he felt was right, bearing in mind the above true story, and accompanying documentation, that I guess is "Art's part."
   I don't think it is "Art-like" to turn a blind eye to the type of clear evidence-based presentation above, and I think as much as some have bemoaned my "problem(s)" I guess we all would agree Art is a person of strong character. The type that does not allow BS to "rule the day," as it has "ruled my last decade."
   My feeling, according to my (Lorne & Robert's really) propaganda codex is Art's position was an A-3 "Technique of self deception #3 Drawing the line."
   His right to it, I do not challenge. My disappointment, he can not deny. The disappointment is just because of his total unwillingness to engage in dialog. I imagine that it could have been far worse, from the "bully pulpit" that is C2C, he could have had me drawn and quartered before the Cusco intro played out... any particular night. I do not think he had (or really has) malice towards me.

It's complicated.

mf

You should email Art at artbell@mindspring.com and let us know what he says.

Can we get a petition going to get The Fidget into the National Toy Hall of Fame?

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 21, 2014, 10:30:20 PM
Can we get a petition going to get The Fidget into the National Toy Hall of Fame?

I'm not sure a potential Time Travel device can be classified as a toy.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 10:20:23 PM
You should email Art at artbell@mindspring.com and let us know what he says.
I really don't want to be a thorn in his side more than I am already. He has my email, he is the powerful media legend, the one in the Broadcast Hall of Fame.
   I have found in my experience that the doors of the wealthy and powerful are thick beyond measure, and a little guy like me can knock until having bloody knuckles... they do not open the door, unless it is in their perceived best interest.
   It may be so in this case, but my knuckles are already too tired and sore. The only way to get the doors to open, is for them to choose to open them and invite you in.
   I've been in some real nice places, and it was never because I showed up unannounced, or unaccompanied, with the possible exception of when I was a door to door salesman... back in the 80's.

That is how it appears to me.

mf

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 21, 2014, 10:30:20 PM
I've not thought about that before, thanks for the idea!

I looked at their website(s):
http://www.toyhalloffame.org
http://www.museumofplay.org

There is a submission form: http://www.toyhalloffame.org/nominate

I'm not sure it will meet their criteria, yet. I may not be "rubber ducky" material. As time goes on, and the topic has "less emotional charge" it might become viable. I don't know much about them, I'm looking into it. Very interesting suggestion P*B, thanks again, although I can't tell if you're "yanking my chain" ;) or sincere.

I hope the former.
:)
mf

311guy1

Quote from: albrecht on July 11, 2014, 02:36:18 PM
1997-08-18 was the date of a great show that featured a guy from Kentucky regarding Feral Humans. However, even in the great archive torrent, only the first hour exists which is open lines. Art, and some callers, mention Mr.Fidget and how he is able to get on the air so often. And he mentions the upcoming guest about "feral humans." And he discusses again the controversy regarding the Heaven's Gate suicides and Hale-Boop. But the rest of the show with the feral human guest is missing. I cannot track it down anywhere. Anyone have it? Mr.Fidget, maybe you have a copy, since you were mentioned on the show?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: 311guy1 on August 22, 2014, 09:00:56 PM
?
Nope... sorry, my "archive"  is just the main calls I made. Wish I could help you out, I just have my few calls, never really spent much time recording.
   I imagine it's out there, your "quest" continues... I do have some of those myself, one parallel... if you find it let me know... and vice versa.

I'd also like to hear it.
:)
mf

Mr. Fidget

This (shown post cutting & cleaning):
[attachimg=1]
Became this (with some applied pressure, & appropriate force):
[attachimg=2]
Art happens.

mf

williedee

Sorry for not wanting to read through the past 34 pages of this thread, but are you selling some fidgets Mr. Fidget? I'd be interested if you are. I still remember hearing the show when you called in and I was somewhat fascinated by the idea of them. Thanks.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: williedee on August 25, 2014, 10:01:43 AM
Sorry for not wanting to read through the past 34 pages of this thread, but are you selling some fidgets Mr. Fidget? I'd be interested if you are. I still remember hearing the show when you called in and I was somewhat fascinated by the idea of them. Thanks.
I'm not engaged in business to "sell" Linkey Fidgets at this time. There are "unsanctioned" emulations available online at sensory university, and Jason Burns unrepentant "Fidgetman" site, he does ship... and also lies about how he "developed" them. Anyone can make the most basic one, in a jiffy.
   I offer my work for fun, and as gifts only, for now. I may join in partnership to make them more widely available in the future, "when" depends on a variety of factors.
   I am getting ready to ship a few sets out to other Gabbers as gifts (hopefully) this week. If you DM, or email me I'll send you one also, in the US. I will not share your contact info. If you find a value from it, you are welcome to donate to my paypal or support my Patreon account, without obligation. I do not have what it takes to "run a business," I'm an artist... not an mba.

How to make an original Linkey Fidget video:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1643.0;attach=21336

Thanks for inquiring.

mf
[attachimg=1]

Mr. Fidget

[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
[attachimg=1]
mf

Mr. Fidget

In the last post, the top two pictures are what I sent out to some BG'rs today. Six different Linkey Fidgets total, each set. The top left photo above is a "Clicker" Linkey Fidget. It makes sound, and changes from square, to oval, to rhomboid. The right picture above has five others. From right to left #1) The Original Linkey Fidget, ebook forthcoming. #2) Domino Linkey Fidget, a good keyring anchor... with fidget properties. #3) Spinning Top, a top that spins for minutes... and fidgets. #4) Double Ring Rotator Linkey Fidget, a favorite of fidgeters. #5) Custom Linkey Fidget, a bit of "chain craft."

I held on to the Micro Custom Original Linkey Fidget.

[attachimg=1]
Just a bunch of chain images.
mf

MV/Liberace!

I can't believe I'm going to have a real fidget from the real Mr Fidget. September just keeps getting better.