• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150812 - Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 12, 2015, 09:56:13 PM

Had a fun night despite the lack of the time travel freakout!

zeebo

Quote from: lonevoice on August 13, 2015, 01:01:15 AM
Good-night, sweet aldousburbank; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

And some cool lucid dreams as well.   8)

swordpoint9

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 13, 2015, 12:55:53 AM
Daom if something duznt happen in september PLEEZ THEN STOP LOOKIN 4 A DISAZTER AN AKTUALY GO SAVE THE PLANET. 2 kindz of people thoz who watch it happen an thoz who make it happen. Get off yur sofa
I fully Agree !

Barfly

Quote from: Scully on August 13, 2015, 01:02:38 AM
I loved this show.  Art can handle anything and anybody.  I love to hear the gears turning in his head.  What a change from "the other guy."  Can't say it enough. GNS and Art rules the night!  There IS a God. 8)
I only caught the last half hour, Art's mind is still sharp at 70.
I would have to disagree about the God thing.
God never existed.

Corona Kitty

Im late to the party, but last few mins were good

Faustina

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 13, 2015, 12:54:43 AM
lol yeah...that was worth the 5 bucks right there.

Even born-again Christians realize that Satanists are darn scintillating.

Faustina

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 13, 2015, 12:55:53 AM
Daom if something duznt happen in september PLEEZ THEN STOP LOOKIN 4 A DISAZTER AN AKTUALY GO SAVE THE PLANET. 2 kindz of people thoz who watch it happen an thoz who make it happen. Get off yur sofa

And those that are so bored with their lives that worrying over "something maybe wicked this way comes" brings zest to their lives.  It's very akin to the way all those Conspiracy Theorists get off on thinking there's a conspiracy behind nearly anything.  [So just "why" was there a "hum" on Basiago's skype line, huh?!]

Faustina

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 13, 2015, 02:34:01 AM
Are satanists cruel to animals?

They sometimes sacrifice goats if they can't get a human baby to sacrifice.  But they slit the goat's throat so it dies fairly fast; however, I do believe it would be stressed and experience some pain before it ultimately died.

However, I'm just going by what I learned about Satanists in the movies.  It may be incorrect.

Blast from the past....everything becomes paradigmatic...morphogentic ghosts of other times and other places....

https://youtu.be/6gNO1OGgagQ

scottydawg

Quote from: trostol on August 12, 2015, 11:09:02 PM
i found her hot both in and out of costume lol
You gotta check her out on "Counting Cars" first season, she comes to the shop with her big Thunderbird to have it fixed up.
Episode is on Netflix, Title: Satanic Mechanic. She shows up first looking normal, then when she picks it up in full Elvira outfit.
Scott the accountant at the shop nearly pees himself with excitement! :o ;D

Barfly

Quote from: scottydawg on August 13, 2015, 05:13:17 AM
You gotta check her out on "Counting Cars" first season, she comes to the shop with her big Thunderbird to have it fixed up.
Episode is on Netflix, Title: Satanic Mechanic. She shows up first looking normal, then when she picks it up in full Elvira outfit.
Scott the accountant at the shop nearly pees himself with excitement! :o ;D
I Have all the counting cars episodes, Elvira still looks great in the outfit

Barfly

Quote from: Faustina on August 13, 2015, 02:56:25 AM
They sometimes sacrifice goats if they can't get a human baby to sacrifice.  But they slit the goat's throat so it dies fairly fast; however, I do believe it would be stressed and experience some pain before it ultimately died.

However, I'm just going by what I learned about Satanists in the movies.  It may be incorrect.
Yet we eat animals, whats the difference.

CampsieNP

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 13, 2015, 04:01:15 AM
Blast from the past....everything becomes paradigmatic...morphogentic ghosts of other times and other places....

https://youtu.be/6gNO1OGgagQ

This was great Quantum. Lets just agree to talk about Terrance when we interact, so we can remain friends.
I hope you are right and I am wrong about climate change. I really do.

RickySsan

Quote from: SnapT on August 12, 2015, 10:11:18 PM
So Basiago's Skype (on his computer, I'm assuming) had a humming noise, and all he had otherwise was a cell phone.

Redacted, did you ask him to try calling in on his cell phone with the SKYPE app?  That might've fixed the humming issue.  Or does he not have an iPhone or Android phone?

sooo. he travels through time, but can't get Skype to work?.. meh..

SredniVashtar

Quote from: nika01 on August 13, 2015, 07:36:31 AM
what the hell is that supposed to mean?

C'mon, it hardly needs decryption. When the world is still standing by the end of September, all the doomsayers will have to scramble to account for the fact that their predictions were hopelessly wrong. There will be brief pause before the same idiots will start another panic about 2017. All very predictable.

nika01

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 13, 2015, 07:55:17 AM
C'mon, it hardly needs decryption. When the world is still standing by the end of September, all the doomsayers will have to scramble to account for the fact that their predictions were hopelessly wrong. There will be brief pause before the same idiots will start another panic about 2017. All very predictable.

many interpretations are possible. Communications is an art, leaving things so undefined invites misunderstandings.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 12, 2015, 10:10:44 PM
Good morning folks,

I would like to start off tonight with an apology. It has come to my attention over the course of my activity here that several of you actually believe I am the actor Kevin Sorbo. Sadly, this is not the case. I am simply a parody account. I've creeped BellGab occasionally since 2011 when I started listening to Coast archives. I considered registering when Dark Matter began on Sirius, but due to time constraints never got around to it. Now that Art is back and I have the time available to listen to him every night, I registered in order to post in the live discussion threads. I thought the username would be funny based on the Alongside Night commercial. If you haven't noticed yet, my avatar is a photo of Sorbo alongside the night sky. I never planned to address whether or not I really was Sorbo, as I thought it would be obvious once I began actively posting that I am not. However, since I have been receiving several personal messages asking me questions, telling me how much my work is enjoyed and asking for autographs -- I thought I should state that I am not actually Sorbo. I really don't know much about the guy. I know he was Hercules and from what I've gathered from the insults thrown at me here I'm guessing he's a Christian Republican. That's about it.

Anyway, that's that for the few of you who actually care.

Time to take a ride.

I thought it was pretty funny.  Hard to believe anyone would think you were Sorbo any more than they would any of us who've taken the screen identity of other famous people.

There are (or have been) I'm sure a small number of real "famous" people who've been Bellgabers over the years I've been a member.   Famous is relative word, but I'm talking about entertainers, authors, and I think at least one high profile professional athlete.  One of those folks was a 70s rocker who I struck up a friendship with on here, but I haven't seen him on the site in a year or so.  Similarly there are, I think, a fair number of experts in specific areas who are well known in their particular field, if not to the population in general.

Has anyone else every gotten a PM from another member asking if you are a specific person, correctly or incorrectly?   I had a 'gabber figured out who I was based on my posts about my time in the DoD, turns out he'd read some of my articles in aerospace/military journals and magazines.  It's a shocker to get a PM with one's real name in the message.

SnapT

Quote from: RickySsan on August 13, 2015, 07:39:42 AM
sooo. he travels through time, but can't get Skype to work?.. meh..

He hasn't travelled through time in decades, he did it when he was a kid in Project Pegasus.

ZomZom

So sorry to hear about Anne Strieber.

As for Basiago--shouldn't a time traveler have known that Art would cancel the show due to his poor audio connections?

Generally not a fan of open lines, and the first hour didn't do much to change my mind.  Things picked up a bit the rest of the show, though.

Loved Art suggesting that Asia Rain might continue his legacy.  Would love to listen to her begin training soon!

Still jealous of you folks who get to listen live.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 13, 2015, 09:22:16 AM
I thought it was pretty funny.  Hard to believe anyone would think you were Sorbo any more than they would any of us who've taken the screen identity of other famous people.

There are (or have been) I'm sure a small number of real "famous" people who've been Bellgabers over the years I've been a member.   Famous is relative word, but I'm talking about entertainers, authors, and I think at least one high profile professional athlete.  One of those folks was a 70s rocker who I struck up a friendship with on here, but I haven't seen him on the site in a year or so.  Similarly there are, I think, a fair number of experts in specific areas who are well known in their particular field, if not to the population in general.

Has anyone else every gotten a PM from another member asking if you are a specific person, correctly or incorrectly?   I had a 'gabber figured out who I was based on my posts about my time in the DoD, turns out he'd read some of my articles in aerospace/military journals and magazines.  It's a shocker to get a PM with one's real name in the message.

I concur, Duke. A lot of pretty sharp folks around these parts.  it never surprises me to learn someone has some renown expertise in a particular field. However, I have yet to communicate with anyone here that I could loosely categorize as a person of fame and/or widely held repute.

eddie dean

Quote from: WOTR on August 13, 2015, 12:43:35 AM
I really hope that Art does not go down the "sumptin's happeenin" Davehole.  Sumptin has always been happening, and I hope this does not turn into a several year long theme.

+1

cosmic asgard

I'm new here, but been listening to Art for years. I don't usually like open lines, but I'll take them any day of the week instead of listening to Snorry. That's only good when you want to be put asleep.
Cheers  :)

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on August 13, 2015, 09:56:55 AM
+1

It is a common theme though...even dating back to the Quickening...also with other talk show formats like Glenn Beck...it is the ultimate teaser...

onan

Quote from: cosmic asgard on August 13, 2015, 10:07:25 AM
I'm new here, but been listening to Art for years. I don't usually like open lines, but I'll take them any day of the week instead of listening to Snorry. That's only good when you want to be put asleep.
Cheers  :)

Welcome have fun.

wr250

just lissenin now. glad we are vaguely lovable still. but just vaguely.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on August 13, 2015, 10:15:29 AM
It is a common theme though...even dating back to the Quickening...also with other talk show formats like Glenn Beck...it is the ultimate teaser...

Yes, I don't think we can blame Dave for starting the doom-mongering stuff, it has always been a favourite theme of Art's. He doesn't have a lot of time for conspiracy theories, as a rule, but anything that smacks of the end of the world is like catnip to him.