• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Fearlessjay

Latest from Art on Facebook.

Trump Problem?

Ok now I am not sure, this morning on CNN Trump was asked if he would disavow the support of David Duke and the KKK, he said he didn't know who they are and would have to look at them, BS! He knows. I am a little confused because other papers say he did disavow Duke and the KKK. I would not support a Racist and would be really disappointed because I do believe we truly need a Washington outsider in the White House for a change, sigh....

Art

trostol

Quote from: Fearlessjay on February 28, 2016, 12:48:11 PM

Trump Problem?

Ok now I am not sure, this morning on CNN Trump was asked if he would disavow the support of David Duke and the KKK, he said he didn't know who they are and would have to look at them, BS! He knows. I am a little confused because other papers say he did disavow Duke and the KKK. I would not support a Racist and would be really disappointed because I do believe we truly need a Washington outsider in the White House for a change, sigh....

Art

wait..what? how his him getting support making him a Racist? and how is Art now just saying that when Trumpo wanted to build a wall and all that muslim stuff...color me confused

onan

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 11:23:05 AM
Whats with the nazi fetish you seem to have?

And what kind of insane liberal logic dictates that you wouldnt talk to someone about  topic A because they disagree with you (or you dont like their stance)  on topic B? What about Flat earthers? 911 inside job-ers? We never went to the moon-ers? Is it only  the Holocaust that is a sacred cow to you- In that people can believe whatever they wish and you'll talk to them unless they deny the holocaust? Other insane beliefs are fine but not that one? Thats 'off limits' in your tiny little world?

You essentially admit that you are the type who covers their ears and says "lalalalalalala I cant hear you" because someone believes something you dont like. Rather than engage, dispute, disagree, converse and debate you hide like a little bitch who wont even broach the subject? Typical SJW.

So do tell- How is it a "problem" to be talking about Art bell with someone who denies that millions of jews were murdered? Should they be jailed for this thought crime or just become persona non grata? do tell. Re-education camp until they believe the way you do? Not allowed to talk about Art bell or have a valued opinion on C2C because they dont like Joos ? Not allowed in your holy and all knowing presence?

Fag.

And before you jump in with accusations of 'nazi!!!!' and 'racist' (the only argument your kind can come up with on their own-) I never said my own opinion on the Holocaust, the flat earth, 911 or anything else- Im speaking on the anti-intellectual stance of fools like you who claim to be for diversity of opinions and ideals but are actually total conformists, rigid in your beliefs and afraid of anything or anyone who doesnt follow your set doctrine. NOTHING should be off limits to question and to talk about- Nothing. How dare you accuse anyone of being a nazi when you seem to be the one incapable of accepting opinions and views other than your own and hold ones views against them to the point that you think its a problem to even converse with them about a radio show... because you dont like what they think about a historical event.

-Edit- And speaking of Disgaea (since i found this awesome Prinny pic, dood) I just spent the last 2-3 days fighting with the PC port which is a bunch of shit. Dont buy it unless they patch the living shit out of it because its nearly unplayable imho. For a decade old game being ported to PC and asking $20 these fuckers have alot of nerve.

For now use an emulator and play the PSP version and dont give money to this shit or you'll encourage more terrible ports made without love but only for profit.

#PrinnyLivesMatter

We discriminate about people, their opinions, looks, and income, all the time. Most of the time, for me, I like talking to anyone. However, the minute someone brings up anti vaccine, jehova witnesses, moon hoaxers, and a few other topics, yeah I shut down the conversation. I guess I could be accused of anti-intellectualism. But I don't have time to spare to discuss some matters. If you want to discuss the topic of the holocaust didn't happen, you're wasting your breath.

Yeah, flat earthers are out too.

DarKPenguiN

Trump Problem?

Art
You wouldnt support a racist? Whos the racist here (Duke or trump?)- And how do you vote with confidence for democrats knowing they're supported by the likes of Jesse Jackson and other racists?

'Anti-Racism' is a code word of Anti White.

The most racist people get a pass but anyone who wants true equality and not legislation based on skin color is 'racist'. The double standard is killing me- They claim 'oscars so white" when the black population is represented to their exact degree in society and YET they have their own BLACK ONLY awards...Who is racist?

If I say "WHITE PRIDE!" im a racist- but "Black/latino/chinese/etc" pride is fine. I cannot have a white only scholarship because...racism- But we have scholorships for Blacks only which is somehow...Not racism.
Thats the truth these days. And people are sick of it.

get ready because the pendulum is going to swing back and you may see some real racism finally coming from whitey. hes had enough.

henge0stone

Quote from: delanee on February 28, 2016, 08:43:45 AM
I'm not an Art Bell worshipper, but a real fan of the work you did for all those years. It's your personal drama that's running me off as a fan. 

Aside from posting on facebook and on here once and a while what has Art done lately that makes him a drama queen? The guy has a right to post his opinions here and facebook just like everyone else. You don't have to read and follow him if its really bothering you.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: onan on February 28, 2016, 12:52:55 PM
We discriminate about people, their opinions, looks, and income, all the time. Most of the time, for me, I like talking to anyone. However, the minute someone brings up anti vaccine, jehova witnesses, moon hoaxers, and a few other topics, yeah I shut down the conversation. I guess I could be accused of anti-intellectualism. But I don't have time to spare to discuss some matters. If you want to discuss the topic of the holocaust didn't happen, you're wasting your breath.

Yeah, flat earthers are out too.
so you would discount the opinion of a person on a topic due to their opinion on an unrelated topic.

yes, anti-intellectualism.

I'm not about to debate things I think are silly either (Flat earth and such) but someones views on that in no way makes me tar them with a broad brush concerning their views on other things. Experts and really smart people in certain fields believe dumb shit about things... I know a 'we didnt go to the moon-er' who is a PHD and a very good Doctor and I would totally trust his skills as a doctor and really could give a shit about his moon opinion - Not really, I actually like the moon debate but you get what i'm saying ,I hope.

You don't find kooky ideas like moon hoaxing or flat earth interesting? I wouldn't want to sit next to someone obsessed with those ideas for a two hour long bus ride but I do find reading about them interesting. Flex those mind muscles and feel better about yourself that you didn't waste your life on this nonsense.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 28, 2016, 01:02:55 PM
You don't find kooky ideas like moon hoaxing or flat earth interesting? I wouldn't want to sit next to someone obsessed with those ideas for a two hour long bus ride but I do find reading about them interesting. Flex those mind muscles and feel better about yourself that you didn't waste your life on this nonsense.
I find the moon debate fascinating. Flat earth- no.

i think we went to the moon but some people can make a hell of a case to allow suspension of disbelief and let the imagination run wild. The moon thing is really interesting stuff imho.

onan

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 12:59:13 PM
so you would discount the opinion of a person on a topic due to their opinion on an unrelated topic.

yes, anti-intellectualism.

I'm not about to debate things I think are silly either (Flat earth and such) but someones views on that in no way makes me tar them with a broad brush concerning their views on other things. Experts and really smart people in certain fields believe dumb shit about things... I know a 'we didnt go to the moon-er' who is a PHD and a very good Doctor and I would totally trust his skills as a doctor and really could give a shit about his moon opinion - Not really, I actually like the moon debate but you get what i'm saying ,I hope.

It depends a good deal on many things. If you have an acquaintance of some time then, discrimination would be based on many factors. Someone approaching you for the first time, espousing those beliefs, yeah I'm not interested in pursuing a conversation. Personally, if I am seeing a doctor professionally, and he brings up moon hoax, and I do not have any other dealings with him, yeah, I'm finding another doc.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 01:05:28 PM
I find the moon debate fascinating. Flat earth- no.

i think we went to the moon but some people can make a hell of a case to allow suspension of disbelief and let the imagination run wild. The moon thing is really interesting stuff imho.

I thought it was ridiculous until I heard all the Kubrick angles... now I want the moon hoax to be true because that would be the most incredible artistic work in the history of mankind created by my favorite director.

But what's the old saying? If you weren't there, you're just believing what you're told? I'm 99% humans have landed on the moon but there's that 1% that sees the potential brilliant conspiracy in it.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: onan on February 28, 2016, 01:07:05 PM
It depends a good deal on many things. If you have an acquaintance of some time then, discrimination would be based on many factors. Someone approaching you for the first time, espousing those beliefs, yeah I'm not interested in pursuing a conversation. Personally, if I am seeing a doctor professionally, and I do not have any other dealings with him, yeah, I'm finding another doc.
yeah well assuming someone approaches you for the first time and says 'The joos control the world, we didnt go to the moon and if you sail to edge of the earth you will fall off"-it would be time to slowly back away.

But thats not how these things usually happen.

All of us have some strange beliefs. I believe the expanding earth theory which i wouldnt bet money on but it seems plausible and is interesting. that doesnt mean I shouldnt be taken seriously while discussing something I actually do have knowledge in and am not just  theory-crafting.

I try to consider the source and their knowledge on whatever subject is at hand. Not on what they think about something unrelated to whatever we're talking about.

In this case PI was saying it would be a "problem"  (his words) to discuss Art bell by a holocaust denier. The two beliefs have nothing to do with one another and someone who denies the holocaust shouldnt have their views about everything else diminished because of that one thing- No matter how silly it may be.

The second you start doing that you might as well just stop conversing because you will find things that every person thinks that go against your own beliefs and then must discount everything everyone says unless you do an exhaustive study into their thoughts.

EDIT- if I wanted a Chess coach (and it was a decade or two ago) would I talk to the best , Bobby fischer or should I discount his Chess playing skills because he didnt like the joos? As if that opinion nullified his expertise on everything else. Thats as simple as I can state it, I suppose.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 28, 2016, 01:08:54 PM
I thought it was ridiculous until I heard all the Kubrick angles... now I want the moon hoax to be true because that would be the most incredible artistic work in the history of mankind created by my favorite director.

But what's the old saying? If you weren't there, you're just believing what you're told? I'm 99% humans have landed on the moon but there's that 1% that sees the potential brilliant conspiracy in it.
I concur 100%
Well said.

onan

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 01:14:58 PM
yeah well assuming someone approaches you for the first time and says 'The joos control the world, we didnt go to the moon and if you sail to edge of the earth you will fall off"-it would be time to slowly back away.

But thats not how these things usually happen.

All of us have some strange beliefs. I believe the expanding earth theory which i wouldnt bet money on but it seems plausible and is interesting. that doesnt mean I shouldnt be taken seriously while discussing something I actually do have knowledge in and am not just  theory-crafting.

I try to consider the source and their knowledge on whatever subject is at hand. Not on what they think about something unrelated to whatever we're talking about.

In this case PI was saying it would be a "problem"  (his words) to discuss Art bell by a holocaust denier. The two beliefs have nothing to do with one another and someone who denies the holocaust shouldnt have their views about everything else diminished because of that one thing- No matter how silly it may be.

The second you start doing that you might as well just stop conversing because you will find things that every person thinks that go against your own beliefs and then must discount everything everyone says unless you do an exhaustive study into their thoughts.

I think basically there is little to no difference in our opinions regarding respecting other's beliefs. I'm still not giving anyone any ground to support genocide. No matter how interesting they are on raising a good garden.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: onan on February 28, 2016, 01:24:50 PM
I think basically there is little to no difference in our opinions regarding respecting other's beliefs. I'm still not giving anyone any ground to support genocide. No matter how interesting they are on raising a good garden.
Who said anything about 'supporting genocide'- We are talking about questioning a historic event.

If you will talk to someone who thinks the American government flew planes into building and murdered its own citizens but refuse to talk to someone who claims that the holocost didnt happen as we are told- Do you see the problem? Especially if the topic is about neither of those issues.

I'm not debating the Holocaust- i'm debating the sacred cow mentality. I can say 'The Bolshivic communists never killed millions" and you'll talk to me- I can say "the crusades never happened and was a historic lie" and youll talk tome- But the Holocaust? That crosses a line? it doesnt.

Now (to be clear) I'm not a denier/revisionist. I am about free thought and the ability to discuss and question everything. Nothings off the table.

To have real intellectual pursuit we can have no sacred cows. This is the PC mentality that is slowly trying to change reality and avoid debate. This is whats leading us towards "there is no gender" and men can use womens restrooms because they 'feel" like a woman that day... feels not reals- because god forbid we hurt someones feelings or question established beliefs.

littlechris

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
Who said anything about 'supporting genocide'- We are talking about questioning a historic event.

If you will talk to someone who thinks the American government flew planes into building and murdered its own citizens but refuse to talk to someone who claims that the holocost didnt happen as we are told- Do you see the problem? Especially if the topic is about neither of those issues.

I'm not debating the Holocaust- i'm debating the sacred cow mentality. I can say 'The Bolshivic communists never killed millions" and you'll talk to me- I can say "the crusades never happened and was a historic lie" and youll talk tome- But the Holocaust? That crosses a line? it doesnt.

Now (to be clear) I'm not a denier/revisionist. I am about free thought and the ability to discuss and question everything. Nothings off the table.

Dude, STFU already!!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: littlechris on February 28, 2016, 01:33:02 PM
Dude, STFU already!!!!

He can't. He has that tRolL gene. Kek kek

Quote from: trostol on February 28, 2016, 12:52:38 PM
wait..what? how his him getting support making him a Racist? and how is Art now just saying that when Trumpo wanted to build a wall and all that muslim stuff...color me confused

I see your confusion.

A country controlling it's own borders is not racist in any sense.  It's such bullshit, maybe people should ignore those who tell them otherwise. 

When war has been declared on the West by radical Islam, and attacks are being carried out, it's not unreasonable to prevent Muslims from entering the country when we can't tell who is who, who supports what, and who may become radicalized after entering our county.  How many Germans, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc were immigrating to our country during our wars with those countries? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 28, 2016, 01:39:29 PM
I see your confusion.

A country controlling it's own borders is not racist in any sense.  It's such bullshit, maybe people should ignore those who tell them otherwise

When war has been declared on the West by radical Islam, and attacks are being carried out, it's not unreasonable to prevent Muslims from entering the country when we can't tell who is who, who supports what, and who may become radicalized after entering our county.  How many Germans, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc were immigrating to our country during our wars with those countries?

+1

Mexico does not control its southern border or its own ports. People crossing our southern border are not just Mexicans. They are illegal aliens. It is not racist to capture and deport all illegal aliens. It is the rule of law.

onan

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 01:30:35 PM

To have real intellectual pursuit we can have no sacred cows. This is the PC mentality that is slowly trying to change reality and avoid debate. This is whats leading us towards "there is no gender" and men can use womens restrooms because they 'feel" like a woman that day... feels not reals- because god forbid we hurt someones feelings or question established beliefs.

Dude, your post to Pi, as I read it, was about keeping an open discussion with someone that was a denier of the holocaust. Perhaps, I assumed incorrectly with the direction of Pi's post. At this point I don't care. I am not in this conversation with you to win anything. I was stating I am not going to give a pass to any asshole that says stupid shit. I make that discernment because once someone says something outrageously stupid, my money says they are going to continue saying stupid shit. And I do not have time to come to common ground with someone that isn't on any ground at all.

trostol

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 28, 2016, 01:39:29 PM
I see your confusion.

A country controlling it's own borders is not racist in any sense.  It's such bullshit, maybe people should ignore those who tell them otherwise. 

i get that and you are correct...my point really was Art can't have it both ways..you support someone cause you think they are right ..you can not pick and chose the things in this case..all of a sudden cause someone controversial pops in you want to no longer stay on the ride when the person you are supporting has been one big ball of controversy

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: onan on February 28, 2016, 01:49:04 PM
Dude, your post to Pi, as I read it, was about keeping an open discussion with someone that was a denier of the holocaust. Perhaps, I assumed incorrectly with the direction of Pi's post. At this point I don't care. I am not in this conversation with you to win anything. I was stating I am not going to give a pass to any asshole that says stupid shit. I make that discernment because once someone says something outrageously stupid, my money says they are going to continue saying stupid shit. And I do not have time to come to common ground with someone that isn't on any ground at all.

Our society is moving in a direction right now based on attitudes like PI's that is detrimental to all.

Last year one of the greatest feats of Science happened where a man landed a probe on a comet and was able to increase human knowledge exponentially. This was historic and had never been done and the odds of achieving this were nearly  mathematically impossible.

The next day he had to apologize publicly and cry (real tears) because he wore a shirt that offended some people . they said "They didnt give a fuck that he landed a probe on a comet- hes a misogynist and thats all that matters" 

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

A scientist just left England ( a very good scientist) because he told a joke that some didnt like. This is becoming a very anti-intellectual society as more and more things are not being allowed into public discussion.

Nothing is off limits No matter how stupid.

You guys need to see the forest through the trees and understand the fight that is going on right now and what it means...oR NOT.

onan

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 28, 2016, 01:57:56 PM
Our society is moving in a direction right now based on attitudes like PI's that is detrimental to all.

Last year one of the greatest feats of Science happened where a man landed a probe on a comet and was able to increase human knowledge exponentially. This was historic and had never been done and the odds of achieving this were nearly  mathematically impossible.

The next day he had to apologize publicly and cry (real tears) because he wore a shirt that offended some people . they said "They didnt give a fuck that he landed a probe on a comet- hes a misogynist and thats all that matters" 

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

A scientist just left England ( a very good scientist) because he told a joke that some didnt like. This is becoming a very anti-intellectual society as more and more things are not being allowed into public discussion.

Nothing is off limits No matter how stupid.

You guys need to see the forest through the trees and understand the fight that is going on right now and what it means...oR NOT.

This shit isn't new, it is just coming from the other side. Get used to it.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: onan on February 28, 2016, 02:07:40 PM
This shit isn't new, it is just coming from the other side. Get used to it.
I'll not get used to it.

And you just pointed out one of the major issues here- Its now "coming from the other side" as you say... If we allow this, what happens when a "side" gets into power that stops conversation about any number of issues they have as sacred cows?

You're a smart guy- Follow the yellow  brick road. Where does this ultimately lead?

these are very important questions that we have to face and many are coming upon us faster than anticipated. Things are moving fast- I dont expect most people to see things as they are right now but more and more are waking up as things get crazier and crazier..

We either can discuss everything or we can discuss nothing. Whoever happens to be in power shouldnt be the barometer for whats allowed in public discussion and discourse.

I could give hundreds of examples but I wont- Youll see in time as this thing spreads further and further. And that will be the awakening and pushback - we see the beginning stages now...

gabrielle

Hello

Art has posted an article about Trump on his facebook.  I don't know how to copy it here.  Can someone help?

PKaiser

Quote from: delanee on February 28, 2016, 09:45:39 AM
I'm originally from Indy, but I haven't been back for about 40 years.  My dad may have talked to Art, too.  When he wasn't at work, he was in front of those radios.  When I was a little girl, my grandpa was friends with Dick the Bruiser.  We used to see him all the time at the A&P.  Do you remember Sammy Terry's daytime show "Coffee with Carter"?  Now that was a while ago.

Hell your dad and my dad probably talked all the time. My dad was Easy Rider and Papa Hotel Indy Lima 5315 on side band.

Never say Coffee with Carter, but I did see him occasionally in his music store at 46th & Shadeland, which I just drive by a half an hour ago!

Dick the Bruiser used to come see my band The Amazon Boys at The Hanger at 38th & High School Rd.  He loved us!

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 28, 2016, 03:59:23 AM
A lot, I guess, depends on your definition of "troll" and how loosely you apply it.

You're the biggest one here since coaster. People like you make the site unusable. Congratulations, I hope you get warts.

gabrielle

Hope this works......

munbeam666

Trump Problem?

Art

I can't believe Art didn't know that trump has been spouting all kinds of hateful racist crap at his rallies? Throwing people out who spoke out/against him (Trump) on his racist statements, allowing - even encouraging - some of his supporters to physically threaten them if they didn't leave?
I have a biracial grandchild (my son-in-law is Philipno-American) and I am TERRIFIED of this guy