• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

El Chorro

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 26, 2018, 07:59:16 PM
And the real truth that only Heather can tell us upon her return.

If Art's last "wishes" got screwed up, they shouldn't make it known. What a "Doh!" moment.

albrecht

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 26, 2018, 08:00:11 PM
People often suffer with it for years but it typically gets progressively worse over time. That last interview with MV was in February 2016, over 2 years ago, that’s a lot of time for a chronic disease to progress,  My Dad had COPD, that’s not was killed him though, and I can usually recognize the sound that someone with it makes when they breathe. With the much better quality sound of SiriusXM I had a good idea Art had it and when he came back in MITD I could hear it more so. Leonard Nimoy hadn’t  smoked in 30 years and COPD killed him at 83. Art smoked 4 packs a day until Airyn was pregnant with Asia when he quit. 4..packs...a...day! How the fuck did Art make it as long as he did?
Well, we know from a deposition it wasn't colloidal silver water.

Faustina

Quote from: anon on April 26, 2018, 05:55:23 PM
i don't think so. we're helping. believe me.

Thanks for the giggle. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 08:01:39 PM
Well, we know from a deposition it wasn't colloidal silver water.

You are quick

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 08:00:24 PM
Wait! My edit to get BellGab memorialized in the annals of Wikipedia is still standing. That should count for something.

Yorkshire pud

Wait! My edit to get BellGab memorialized in the annals of Wikipedia is still standing. That should count for something.

Brig, I mean Grub might let you in on how you get Turbo plus+, she's beta testing it.

Rocketeer

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 26, 2018, 08:00:11 PM
Art smoked 4 packs a day until Airyn was pregnant with Asia when he quit. 4..packs...a...day! How the fuck did Art make it as long as he did?

I've wondered the same thing about chain smoker Mike Wallace.  Universe gave him 93% of a century.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 06:52:21 PM
huwhite women age like milk tho, accept your asian overlords

The one on the right is actually a man IRL

ItsOver

Damn, that was close.  Praise **.

https://youtu.be/jz4kXFI_VtE

albrecht

It is still there. But "anybody" can edit wikipedia and "they" just take it down.

Theadora

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:04:51 PM
I've wondered the same thing about chain smoker Mike Wallace.  Universe gave him 93% of a century.

Twenty cigs per pack, that's eighty per day. 

If he slept eight hours, that's five per hour, or to say, that Art smoked one cigarette every twelve minutes. 

How long does it take to smoke a cigarette? 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 08:08:12 PM
It is still there. But "anybody" can edit wikipedia and "they" just take it down.
Or replace it with **** *** ****.  Hint, hint.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Theadora on April 26, 2018, 08:10:03 PM

If he slept eight hours, that's five per hour, or to say, that Art smoked one cigarette every twelve minutes. 

How long does it take to smoke a cigarette?

eleven minutes fifty seconds..

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 08:08:12 PM

I included pretty decent rationale for making the edit. Usually if they are going to get taken down by the mods it happens quick. I have a pretty good history of making lasting edits. The trick is to not change other people’s words, but to add around them. And provide good back up or supporting data as to why you are making the change. I corrected the number of children up at the top earlier.

Theadora

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
eleven minutes fifty seconds..

A pack to pack and a half per day smoker is average.  To smoke more that two packs per day, is a symptom of high anxiety.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 08:11:38 PM
I included pretty decent rationale for making the edit. Usually if they are going to get taken down by the mods it happens quick. I have a pretty good history of making lasting edits. The trick is to not change other people’s words, but to add around them. And provide good back up or supporting data as to why you are making the change. I corrected the number of children up at the top earlier.

Okay okay. ** has forgiven you, you can stand easy now.

ItsOver

Quote from: Theadora on April 26, 2018, 08:10:03 PM

....How long does it take to smoke a cigarette? ...
Are we talking normal folks or Aggies?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Theadora on April 26, 2018, 08:13:07 PM
A pack to pack and a half per day smoker is average.  To smoke more that two packs per day, is a symptom of high anxiety.

You too would be anxious if you thought one day you'd be mentoring HW.

Dr. MD MD

Either that or it's an addiction. ;)

albrecht

Theadora

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 26, 2018, 08:15:14 PM
Either that or it's an addiction. ;)

An average pack per day smoker is hooked.  To smoke four packs is nuts.

Research has shown that smoking reduces life expectancy by seven to eight years. On average, each cigarette shortens your life anywhere from seven to eleven minutes. In other words, the time it takes you to smoke a cigarette equals the time that cigarette takes off of your life.

Tobacco Fact File, how tobacco effects your life, cigarette amounts ...
www.tobaccofactfile.org/how-long-do-i-have.html

Robert

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 06:44:46 PMit's tru...

True, but not for the reason you think.  Look at their expressions.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 26, 2018, 08:13:44 PM
Are we talking normal folks or Aggies?
Didn't once on air put the wrong end onto his lips?

At that smoking rate Art should have bought a Compound near an Indian Reservation, not BLM land. "Geez," as Norry might say? How could his Mic not become filled with tar?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 08:18:24 PM
Didn't once on air put the wrong end onto his lips?

At that smoking rate Art should have bought a Compound near an Indian Reservation, not BLM land. "Geez," as Norry might say? How could his Mic not become filled with tar?

Yeah. I heard that clip just the other day. Burnt the inside of his lip.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Theadora on April 26, 2018, 08:17:22 PM
An average pack per day smoker is hooked.  To smoke four packs is nuts.

Research has shown that smoking reduces life expectancy by seven to eight years. On average, each cigarette shortens your life anywhere from seven to eleven minutes. In other words, the time it takes you to smoke a cigarette equals the time that cigarette takes off of your life.

Tobacco Fact File, how tobacco effects your life, cigarette amounts ...
www.tobaccofactfile.org/how-long-do-i-have.html

If the purpose is to educate Art Bell, I have news for you....

My grandfather was a miner from aged 14 to 63 when he was invalided out of the pit with emphysema and pneumoconiosis , He smoked filter free cigs in all the time I knew him, about 40 a day. The coal dust probably went towards his very unpleasant death at 67.

Robert

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 26, 2018, 07:12:06 PMYet the man who was shot at on his family's property lets his daughter be seen and identifiable in public.  Posing outside the trailer for a photo and taking photos in easily identifiable locations that they frequented was stupid as hell (if there was a stalker).
The story was that the shooter wanted only to keep him off his show, not from doing anything else.

Rocketeer

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 08:11:38 PM

Friend of mine is a credentialed archaeologist, and diligent, but finally gave up on trying to amend broken and erroneous Wikipedia articles.  Her fiercest opponents were so-called "Afro-centrists" in the Tutankhamun pages (years ago).  Shame they failed to realize Egypt is . . . in Africa.  A little digging and it (of course) wasn't really about geography for them.

Maddening.

Asuka Langley

I wonder if Art exposed his family to secondhand smoke or if he had a cuckshed to smoke in. Or maybe he had really high end filtration system put in his trailer.