• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151106 - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, November 06, 2015, 10:59:28 PM

zeebo

MABUSE

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 07, 2015, 12:29:04 AM
I really want an update from the guy that took his family to the hills for the last apocalypse.

Well, for a start, now those hills have eyes....Bwahahahahaha!
**M**

Hautex

peace be on you all, going to check my eyelids for holes...

WhiteCrow

erase chem trails   ... fantastic callers tonight... 

zeebo

Quote from: hubrid league on November 07, 2015, 12:29:54 AM
Al Gore is drunk.

FYI your user name cracks me up, and is equaled only by my other fave, Hells Mole.

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 07, 2015, 12:30:07 AM
Who is Chris Carter?
He is a Godfather of Gillian Anderson and Clyde Klotz's daughter Piper Maru.
Has considered titling his eventual and as-yet-unwritten autobiography "Fridays At Nine," the timeslot for the shows he's created, due to their mix of successes and failures.
His brother, W. Craig Carter, is a Full Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at MIT.
Two of his attempts for crossovers with other television shows failed for the same reasons. The first attempt was to crossover The X-Files (1993) with CBS's Picket Fences (1992), however, CBS feared losing ratings to the newer network. The second attempt was to crossover with the WB's Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), but Fox also feared losing ratings to the newer network. In both cases, each show's executive producer was on board: David E. Kelley and Joss Whedon respectively.
Pitched The X-Files (1993) to Brandon Tartikoff at NBC, but Tartikoff turned it down.
Under tremendous time crunch, Carter did an all-night audio mix session to finish The X-Files (1993) pilot, which was to be shown to Fox executives the following morning. That night, he ended up sleeping on a couch in the Fox Studios lobby.
Lives in Santa Barbara, California.

MABUSE

Giant Batlike Creature!
YES!!!!!!!!
Mothman in the land of Fonseca!
**M**

coaster

Bob Ross learned his painting style and television presentation from Bill Alexander, and as a thank you, directly competed his art supply business with Bill's. All class, that Bob Ross.

Ciardelo

Quote from: nbirnes on November 07, 2015, 12:32:00 AM
Only as an intense listener.
I don't know Nancy, I think you're being modest. You have a nice "radio voice" I've heard you a lot on DM shows. :)

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on November 07, 2015, 12:23:54 AM
It sounded suspiciously like Sredni's fuzz-outs on the recent Gabcast.  Something fishy fuzzy is afoot.

Are you perhaps suggesting some sort of fuzspiracy?   ??? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 07, 2015, 12:32:18 AM
He is a Godfather of Gillian Anderson and Clyde Klotz's daughter Piper Maru.
Has considered titling his eventual and as-yet-unwritten autobiography "Fridays At Nine," the timeslot for the shows he's created, due to their mix of successes and failures.
His brother, W. Craig Carter, is a Full Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at MIT.
Two of his attempts for crossovers with other television shows failed for the same reasons. The first attempt was to crossover The X-Files (1993) with CBS's Picket Fences (1992), however, CBS feared losing ratings to the newer network. The second attempt was to crossover with the WB's Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), but Fox also feared losing ratings to the newer network. In both cases, each show's executive producer was on board: David E. Kelley and Joss Whedon respectively.
Pitched The X-Files (1993) to Brandon Tartikoff at NBC, but Tartikoff turned it down.
Under tremendous time crunch, Carter did an all-night audio mix session to finish The X-Files (1993) pilot, which was to be shown to Fox executives the following morning. That night, he ended up sleeping on a couch in the Fox Studios lobby.
Lives in Santa Barbara, California.

I guess I would know who he was if I had ever watched the X-files.

coaster

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 07, 2015, 12:34:11 AM
I guess I would know who he was if I had ever watched the X-files.
The X-Files was one of the most original television shows ever made. You're missing out.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on November 07, 2015, 12:33:59 AM
Are you perhaps suggesting some sort of fuzspiracy?   ???

I thought perhaps the NSA was blotting out Sredni's subversive Brit-com references.

I hate Bob Crane because of these commercials.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 07, 2015, 12:27:10 AM
My ears are still itching from that... MV potted off the stream, but it was on the skype call for a lot longer than you could hear on the podcast.
That had to be loud as hell coming over a headset. Yikes.

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on November 07, 2015, 12:35:28 AM
The X-Files was one of the most original television shows ever made. You're missing out.
Back then I just couldn't get into it. I don't watch much tv. Might have to binge watch it before the next set of shows come out to wrap up the series (next year right?)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 07, 2015, 12:36:25 AM
I hate Bob Crane because of these commercials.
i thought he was pretty good on Hogan's Hero's.

zeebo

You guys ever listen to the bass line on this McCartney tune?  Dude is a friggin wicked bassist - often underappreciated as such, same as Sting btw.  Just a free musical observation brought to you by a squirrel.

GravitySucks

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 07, 2015, 12:37:25 AM
That had to be loud as hell coming over a headset. Yikes.

Yeah.  It went on from 10-30 seconds at a time.  I ripped mine off a couple of times.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on November 07, 2015, 12:38:28 AM
You guys ever listen to the bass line on this McCartney tune?  Dude is a friggin wicked bassist - often underappreciated as such, same as Sting btw.  Just a free musical observation brought to you by a squirrel.
Does he really string his guitar backwards?