• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 20, 2013, 06:18:52 PM
I must have just had a bad run. After ripping the 211 shows that were on the website, I realized that I already had copies of the next few shows they played. But I swear everything I said was true.

I'm not doubting you. Trust me I have a massive collection (taken from all the various sources over the past few years) and I diligently check the SIT episode each week and cross reference with my own collection. Surprisingly the large majority are "new". I get upset when I already have the episode and then there are those times that I have the episode but my version is incomplete and it turns into a win.

Sardondi

Quote from: Jake on September 20, 2013, 05:05:30 PM
I was browsing Reddit today and noticed that shadowbanned guy (one of the chat room idiots) had posted a link in the Art Bell subreddit that led to a post in a "drama'' subreddit about the ''drama'' between Art and George. It listed nothing new but at the end of the post he did mention CoastGab and how he stole users from here to his chat room. The guy seems like such an idiot. Only reason I wanted to bring it up was because of the site being mentioned.

Anyways! I loved the first week of shows and can't wait till Monday!
Why does MV let him post here?
----------------------------------
*edit* Just saw the reddit page - what an insufferable prick. This situation screams out for justice. For starters, his reddit post - where he bragged about what a successful little punk liar he is, and how he "stole 10 CoastGab members, LIKE (HE) PLANNED FROM THE START", needs to be reproduced here, and posted every time he returns, voila':

"LATE NIGHT RADIO CAN BE QUITE DRAMATIC
                                              submitted 7 hours ago* by shadowbanned2

First, a little bit of background for those unfamiliar with Art bell. Art Bell used to be the host of a once great late night radio broadcast called Coast to Coast. At his peak popularity, he was syndicated on over 500 radio stations, and got 15 million listeners nightly. Art generally has on guests that talk about things such as the paranormal/aliens/general conspiracy, though Art himself doesn't necessarily seem to buy into all of it himself. Now, LET'S START!

In October of 1998 Art Bell signed off quickly and suddenly, citing a personal family emergency. Given the format of the show many fans speculated various conspiracies and feared for Art's safety. It soon became apparent though, that ancient aliens weren't involved, just creepy pedos. His son was sexually molested by his school's staff.

Soon, a man named Ted Gunderson stated during an interview that Art Bell was the one that molested his own son. Art Bell put forth a lawsuit, and They eventually reached an unknown settlement.

Art Bell then got on and off radi0 several times over the years, until he finally retired in July of 2007, which many people believed would be his final retirement.

During his "final" retirement George Noory, took over coast to coast and, he sucks. He turned C2C into a shitty late night conservative talk radio show, but with aliens. He has managed to lose 12 million audience members, and it now sits at just 3 million people who tune in nightly.

Art Bell really wasn't happy with the direction George Noory took coast to coast in, though he does recognize that it is now George's show, and he can do with it as he pleases. He has tried to distance himself from the show. His relationship got more strained with George Noory, when he had on a guest that said

That "Mr. Bell is a pedophile;" That Oates "had proof that Mr. Bell was arrested for molesting boys;" That "it is a 'running joke' among people Mr. Oates knows in the radio industry that Mr. Bell molests boys;" and That Mr. Bell likes to travel to Thailand to have sex with little boys and has actually served time in jail for these crimes. (See Exhibit E.) These statements were made in person, in a public location, where numerous other people may have heard Oates defamatory comments. (Id. at 3.) >

Art Bell responded with multiple responses on facebook sayin

Last night Coast did the most shameful thing since George has been in that seat, I am just sad for them

I no longer harbor a grudge against Oates, it's not healthy. Premiere however is a another matter, I have nothing less than a institutional hate for what they did to me. I had almost decided not to tell that story but after what George did on Thursday (I have word from a inside source that indeed it was George over the advice/objections of his Producer) it just may be time for a clear slate. Stay tuned

Not holding a grudge should NOT be confused with forgetting, some things are so horrible they can not be forgotten or forgiven

Art Has since returned to late-night radio, running a new show named "Art Bell's Dark Matter" that runs from 10-2 AM on Sirius XM 104(INDIE)

Now, for my OWN personal Art Bell Drama. A couple months ago I took over the (then completely dead) subreddit /r/artbell. I created a channel for us for a live chat during the show. Someone there said I should post a link to the chat to a forum, coastgab.com, so I did. I started it out with a nice respectful post, but then muh jimmies got a-rustling, and I put forth snarky posts This eventually lead to this. That said... I SUCCESSFULLY STOLE 10 OF THEIR USERS LAST NIGHT AS I HAD PLANNED ALL ALONG! TAKE THAT COASTGAB!...

Second, might it be possible to check his board and see if we in fact recognize BellGab members and see if they understand the importance of loyalty under the circumstances?

Third, I know we've got some very, very competent IT professionals here. And I'm sure that if they put their minds to it, they might suggest some strategies which, while not illegal or actionable in a civil law case, if actually implemented might persuade someone of low character and selfish nature to desist from trying to use BellGab and Art Bell to enrich himself in any way, whether tangibly or intangibly.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 20, 2013, 04:58:53 PM

One of Ian's smarmy little jokes is to suggest aliens 'eat the Canadians first because they taste better, huh, huh, huh'.

I remember Art saying this back in the day of the REAL C2C.

I know Art's back but really there's no reason to bring back chat rooms too. WTF is a subrubbit. (Rhetorical question.)

Nighthawk

I just finished listening to the Jay Thomas show from the 13th. He sure did mention Art a lot. He was sure poking fun at Art, his show and subject matter. This is the program Art said he was listening to that he mentioned on Monday nights show. This Jay Thomas is a total idiot. Pretending he doesn't know what a free mason is and saying the word free mason and Art Bell every minute. I really think he was just making fun of Art just to get attention. I had to hear that episode for my own ears.

jazmunda

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 20, 2013, 10:01:30 PM
I just finished listening to the Jay Thomas show from the 13th. He sure did mention Art a lot. He was sure poking fun at Art, his show and subject matter. This is the program Art said he was listening to that he mentioned on Monday nights show. This Jay Thomas is a total idiot. Pretending he doesn't know what a free mason is and saying the word free mason and Art Bell every minute. I really think he was just making fun of Art just to get attention. I had to hear that episode for my own ears.

Art will have the last laugh when Thomas is inevitably dumped from the station to make way for more Dark Matter programming due to Art's growing popularity.

jinwicked

That's the same guy with the nasty commercials. No thanks.

Spinner

I just finished listening to Art's replay. And now started again.
I guess I just can't get enough.
It has been such an amazing week - listening to Art LIVE and sharing the experience with BellGabbers.
Life is good!

Spinner

I just finished listening to the Jay Thomas show from the 13th. He sure did mention Art a lot. He was sure poking fun at Art, his show and subject matter. This is the program Art said he was listening to that he mentioned on Monday nights show.
That's the info I've been looking for! I want to listen to what the jerk said and hear the calls he received afterward.
Thanks, Nighthawk!

popple

How long until he starts bitching about promos for his show not playing during DM breaks?

Nighthawk

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2013, 12:19:27 AM
How long until he starts bitching about promos for his show not playing during DM breaks?

Yea I dunno, The idiot got what he deserved. Funny the way he treated Art and now he got removed from the ads on DM. So it turns out the dirty talk and cussing was not the only thing wrong with this Jay character.

That's some fairly quick karma for Jay Thomas.

Nighthawk

Also an interesting tidbit for those of you Art Bell listeners on here that are radio ops as well. I've discovered that Art's producer Paul Bowman is also a Ham op. Pretty cool I say!

Insanity

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 21, 2013, 01:42:27 AM
Also an interesting tidbit for those of you Art Bell listeners on here that are radio ops as well. I've discovered that Art's producer Paul Bowman is also a Ham op. Pretty cool I say!

All the Kool Kids are Ham's.

Insanity

Not only is the guy a no tallent "actor", he's a D*ck too. Doesnt suprise me a bit.

Nucky Nolan

We all know that Art can't stop mentioning Freemasons. It's Mason this and Mason that on every Dark Matter. I thought that he never would shut up about them when Kaku was on the show. Both he and Kaku went on and on about the evil lodges.

onan

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 21, 2013, 03:04:19 AM
We all know that Art can't stop mentioning Freemasons. It's Mason this and Mason that on every Dark Matter. I thought that he never would shut up about them when Kaku was on the show. Both he and Kaku went on and on about the evil lodges.

There was a prescient moment when Kaku quoted Einstein's "masons at a spooky distance."

kingotnw

I just finally had time to listen to listen to most of the Hoagland show. About an hot left but I'm liking how Art handed everything. And wow, they are just laying into Dave on a whole new level.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 20, 2013, 04:58:53 PM

One of Ian's smarmy little jokes is to suggest aliens 'eat the Canadians first because they taste better, huh, huh, huh'.

Perhaps the aliens go for Canadians first because they reek of maple syrup and the aliens love the sugary glaze on the skin.

Maybe we need a new thread, Tasty Canadian artwork ?

Of even Tasty Canadians itself.

And maybe once gets more into the swing of things, Art could have a Tasty Canadians open line segment where people could give their reasons for why the aliens prefer to nosh on Canadians as opposed to Americans, Mexicans or other humans.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Falkie2013

I found this as well on the subject.

A Canadian talking about he and his family being tasty to an apparent vampire.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2500649/Tasty/

This actually happened in September of this year. We stopped at a tiny campsite in Kettle Falls, and this old lady was... unique.

After staring into the depths of my soul she said, "You're the fulcrum. One day billions of people are going to depend on your decisions."

I was like uh yeah no thank you

Thumb if you find the situation funny, if you actually read the comic, or if you share my horror to her comment.

I swear she was dead serious.

Falkie2013

Quote from: onan on September 21, 2013, 03:50:54 AM
There was a prescient moment when Kaku quoted Einstein's "masons at a spooky distance."

Of course, Kaku had to talk about it.

He knows all about the Mesonic Lodges.

;)

awguy

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 20, 2013, 04:18:44 PM
Was the shout-out to the tasty Canadiens to Ian? 
Isn't he a Minnesotan? 
There's a big difference to this daughter of Manitoban immigrants...
I thought this had to do with the Canadiens having trouble hearing the show.

I seem to recall the tasty Canadian thing actually started with Art but I could be wrong. Then Ian picked up on it as well and ran with it a bit too long.

Canadians had no problem hearing the show but the phone number didn't work here for a couple days. Sirius had apparently enabled the number for Canada on Wednesday and Art was doing some live on-air testing. I was in the car at the time otherwise I totally would have called in.

steelbot

Quote from: onan on September 21, 2013, 03:50:54 AM

I've re-listened a couple of times now - and I didn't hear mason - I heard MOTION at a spooky distance.   Maybe my mind isn't programmed to hear it =P

-Art Bell's Dark Matter - Live on SiriusXM channel 104 -
-Additional Live/Replays Re-transmission on -->> www.justin.tv/steelbot <<--

onan

Quote from: steelbot on September 21, 2013, 08:43:41 AM
I've re-listened a couple of times now - and I didn't hear mason - I heard MOTION at a spooky distance.   Maybe my mind isn't programmed to hear it =P

-Art Bell's Dark Matter - Live on SiriusXM channel 104 -
-Additional Live/Replays Re-transmission on -->> www.justin.tv/steelbot <<--

I was joking. I am way too lazy to add a smiley to let you know.

steelbot

Quote from: onan on September 21, 2013, 08:51:27 AM
I was joking. I am way too lazy to add a smiley to let you know.

LOL - ok - you weren't the only one that's why I commented -  :P

SR-71

I hope that Art takes all the good guests from George Noory. I hope that linda does not do any more coasts after this month.

onan

Quote from: SR-71 on September 21, 2013, 10:43:50 AM
I hope that Art takes all the good guests from George Noory. I hope that linda does not do any more coasts after this month.

Premeir is no longer (if they ever were) in control of selecting "prime" guests. I would be willing to bet that in a very short time, guests that appear on Dark Matter, will be desired by dave's team.

shell88

This forum is being changed over to opendns tonight.  I think I'll connect the au naturel way. Otherwise I will screw my computer up trying to reconfigure - I just know it. It may take my computer a few days to update. Check the info in the general discussion section.