• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

b_dubb

Do fidgets cause verbal and typed diarrhea?

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on July 04, 2014, 04:58:17 AM
Do fidgets cause verbal and typed diarrhea?

Possibly.  And delusions of grandeur.

onan

Back in the 70's I was "held" for a speeding ticket. I didn't have the money to pay the fine, so I had to wait for a hearing. I was taken to jail on a Friday evening. The judge was to see me on Monday. Small, small, small town in colorado. Saturday morning came. No one showed up, no breakfast... no lunch, no dinner... no one showed up. Sunday, a rerun of Saturday. Monday morning, Sheriff (I think it was a sheriff) brings in a big breakfast and says no one informed him they had a "guest"... his words... guest.

After eating a huge (very good) breakfast I was informed all charges have been dropped. I am free to go.

In the late 70's the day after Christmas... my car was broken into and my stereo was now being used by someone else. I called the police. I was told to report to insurance co. I was also told that finding my stereo was low on the priority list. I was also told I was parked too near a stop sign and was given a ticket... they called it a citation. I always thought citations were to present some form of excellence... obviously my mistake.

In the mid 70's while in the military, I was scheduled to go on leave. My first sargeant was on vacation and the acting first sargeant... Sgt. Pickles... no joke, Picklles. Puts me on CQ the night my vacation starts. I inform him I am going on leave and my flight leaves before the CQ shift starts. Pickles pleads with me to pull the shift. I explain I am going on leave and cannot do it. He states something to the effect I will regret not helping him out.

I go to sign out after duty call and am informed I cannot sign out until midnight. I miss my flight. I cannot afford another ticket, I do not go home to visit. My father died the next week.

We all have bad shit, some pf us don't hang onto it for 20 years.

Mr. Fidget

Yawn... what insightful analysis.
Mf

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 06:31:31 AM
Mf

See and it only took one post... for you it took what, enough crying to float a battle ship.

Tarbaby

Quote from: MV on July 03, 2014, 10:57:33 PM
were you listening to the spec sheet?
exactly. That was my little homage to the recent spec sheet. Glad you caught it.

Mf

Get a life..........

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: onan on July 04, 2014, 06:34:36 AM
See and it only took one post...
Maybe you'll win a "webby" for bringing the funny, maybe not.

McPhallus

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 07:27:07 AM
   Maybe you'll win a "webby" for bringing the funny, maybe not.

You alienate even the few people who support you.

WildCard

Mf
Wait! What! Oh, hell no! That was the most interesting thing I've read today.

Oh, you're not interested?!
Fine. Just Shut The Fuck Up!

Oh, that's right. It's your 28 page thread dedicated to you, by you, for you.
I know from your perspective, you're the center of the universe. What's a trip is that everybody else thinks they're the center of the universe.  Crazy, huh?

I wanted to like you. I almost posted some ra ra bullshit about you donating your dad's log to the AF museum. But, givin your track record . . . well you know.

I know! You could pawn it and buy some crack.

Quote from: McPhallus on July 04, 2014, 07:42:41 AM
You alienate even the few people who support you.
What he said.

Mr. Fidget

For the aforementioned supporters I have alienated, thanks for your support, if I missed it. I've not offered much TO support in the way of my work, and the documents stand alone.
   I think everyone is better off with the story having been outlined, then demonstrated as both true and topically relevant to what happened, as above.
   Through and after the three consecutive times I called Art, a topic of "Linkey Fidgets" was created. That topic has more contained within it than whatever any individual understanding of it is.
   The process of having a fidget is an individual experience, and in aggregate, those experiences define that understanding. I have mine, you have your's, and they have their's.
   Culminating in, and through the documentary evidence above... it more than stands on it's own. I think it opens the door for the utilization of this technology far wider than when I came to BellGab not long ago.
  It requires no support, and since no individual can or will have the last word, it's a topic with an expanding knowledge base.
   Don't like it? Don't read it. Don't want it? Don't use it. Don't like me? Doesn't matter to me. Don't understand me? Don't worry about it.

MF
ps. I have plenty to think about, without, and before this thread.
pps. Onan in essence saying "life is tough" and going on to inferr "get over it" by saying "some people don't hold on to it 20 years" is hardly support. It's a jab.

WildCard

Quote from: KnyeGuy on July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM
Anyone catch the Mr. Fidget show replay a couple weeks ago (Art Bell Somewhere in Time).
I think it was from '97.  This dude is hilarious... Apparently he got through to Art on purpose (some people used to talk about a secret trick to get through the busy lines).
At any rate, a pretty entertaining show (with the genuine spontaneity only Art could foster) whether you could put up with the guest's smugness or not.

It's hilarious that he actually started a new website upon notification of the rebroadcast:
http://www.artofchain.com/

On his YouTube channel I like the one comment, "Uhm....It's just a couple chain links on a ring...."   lol
http://www.youtube.com/TheWhatisthat
"Sorry.
The Squarespace account artofchain is not available. If you are the Site Owner for this account please login above."

Ms. C

Mf

Wow ... Onan and others share their 'stuff' on here ... and you diss them with this type of lack of respect?    Friggin -  Shame on You!!!

You seem like you know and understand Karma ... I see some payback coming your way (and I'm only talking about this thread).

Edit:  You really should think about your defensiveness, especially when people want to be on your side ... you work on immediately Pushing them away (perhaps you should try to take in my words and work with it, rather than immediately reacting in some defensive way ...

WildCard

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 08:54:23 AM
   Don't like it? Don't read it. Don't want it? Don't use it. Don't like me? Doesn't matter to me. Don't understand me? Don't worry about it.
MF
Couldn't of said it better.

You know how your story is really important to you? Other people have story's too. And to them, their story is the important one.
Quote from: Ms. C on July 04, 2014, 09:15:56 AM
Edit:  You really should think about your defensiveness, especially when people want to be on your side ... you work on immediately Pushing them away (perhaps you should try to take in my words and work with it, rather than immediately reacting in some defensive way ...
Amen!

I understand why you're homeless. Dude, you're the problem.

Mr. Fidget

Mf
Although I posted this after Onan's post, I was not directing it at his life experience he posted. I most definitely did not quote him.
   I posted a lot of documentation. If you read my documentation... and he may or may not have... I'd think there might be a comment (based on one's perception of said documentation) regarding the content. That would be analysis.
   So that's what I am, was, and will be replying to in this thread. Comments that (from the included reference to fact's outlined above) show an understanding of the actual events that transpired.
   Do you want me to rattle off every injustice I've sustained, I did not think so. I'm just getting the technology into the light of day.

MF
ps. Back to my homework.
[attachimg=1]
pps. I've reconsidered, and am using the "ignore" feature. It's science!

WildCard

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 09:52:27 AM
   Although I posted this after Onan's post, I was not directing it at his life experience he posted. I most definitely did not quote him.
"Yawn... what insightful analysis." was directed at everybody?

You're not helping yourself.
Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 09:52:27 AM
   I posted a lot of documentation. If you read my documentation... and he may or may not have... I'd think there might be a comment (based on one's perception of said documentation) regarding the content. That would be analysis.
   So that's what I am, was, and will be replying to in this thread. Comments that (from the included reference to fact's outlined above) show an understanding of the actual events that transpired.
   Do you want me to rattle off every injustice I've sustained, I did not think so. I'm just getting the technology into the light of day.

MF
ps. Back to my homework.
[attachimg=1]
Yeah, I get it you're smart.

Fake empathy. Pretend to listen to what other people are saying while you're waiting for your turn to talk.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: WildCard on July 04, 2014, 10:25:50 AM
listen to me
No thanks.
[Ignored]
MF
ps. I did not come here to help myself. I came here to insure the truth of what happened was told, aside from the fact that people did not get their fidgets, the only facet heretofore available.
   That has been accomplished. We may disagree, however I <do not> think BellGab would have been better off without it. The GNS thing is a bit monotonous, like Mr. Noory.
pps. And myself as well... in some opinions.
:)

Well I'm certainly glad you got your new site up at  Fidgetland. I personally like the the Noah because I'm in to the color green. Do you offer any of the old style Figits?
Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 10:32:06 AM
No thanks.
[Ignored]
MF
ps. I did not come here to help myself. I came here to insure the truth of what happened was told, aside from the fact that people did not get their fidgets, the only facet heretofore available.
:)

Mr. Fidget

Approval... I'm seeking none, although I do appreciate it.

It has happened above a few... maybe several times, less than a dozen I would guess. Approval is simply the wake of the good ship fidget cutting through the waves.

Disapproval... I'm oblivious to, since it bears no relation to the matters at hand. Fidgets exist, anyone can make one, some find it helpful, and more information about that is coming.
   The information has been suppressed by omission and disapproving of it till the cows come home won't change these facts in the slightest.
   My fidgets are not for sale anywhere online currently, I only make them as gifts and for fun.
   One can engage in commerce with any one of several places selling (what they proffer as) a fidget by whatever name. Some are more honest about the origin than others. No site has my endorsement, there is no offical fidget available currently. I have contributed to the others by providing the design(s), and thus helped fidgeter's and the economy a tad.
   I some cases they have been modified, others sell things they created side by side with my designs. I consider the genre "chain craft."
   When the Mr. Fidget Story eBook is released for free, so too will a guide to fidgets be offered. Construction, Use, Care, and Handling will be addressed in my second free eBook.

MF
ps. Yea I knew you know, I just wanted to make sure you know, I knew you knew.

Yeah all that ?? WTF?? All I want to know is if you sell the old style on your website. I didn't ask for the fucking Gettysburg address..

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
   Approval... I'm seeking none, although I do appreciate it.

It has happened above a few... maybe several times, less than a dozen I would guess. Approval is simply the wake of the good ship fidget cutting through the waves.

Disapproval... I'm oblivious to, since it bears no relation to the matters at hand. Fidgets exist, anyone can make one, some find it helpful, and more information about that is coming.
   The information has been suppressed by omission and disapproving of it till the cows come home won't change these facts in the slightest.
   My fidgets are not for sale anywhere online currently, I only make them as gifts and for fun.
   One can engage in commerce with any one of several places selling (what they proffer as) a fidget by whatever name. Some are more honest about the origin than others. No site has my endorsement, there is no offical fidget available currently. I have contributed to the others by providing the design(s), and thus helped fidgeter's and the economy a tad.
   I some cases they have been modified, others sell things they created side by side with my designs. I consider the genre "chain craft."
   When the Mr. Fidget Story eBook is released for free, so too will a guide to fidgets be offered. Construction, Use, Care, and Handling will be addressed in my second free eBook.

MF
ps. Yea I knew you know, I just wanted to make sure you know, I knew you knew.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on July 04, 2014, 12:03:48 PM
Yeah all that ??
I apologize, "getting it your way" isn't often the way the real world works.
MF
ps. I find something lacking in your general demeanor.

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 12:28:42 PM

pot, meet kettle.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: onan on July 04, 2014, 06:34:36 AM
See and it only took one post... for you it took what, enough crying to float a battle ship.
Quote from: onan on July 04, 2014, 05:59:14 AM
some of us don't hang onto it
Onan, this I am addressing to you. If I am not mistaken you are involved in the medical mental health field. If that is indeed correct, a fact I have no need or desire to try to confirm or disavow, I still know I don't have enough real word experience of you to personally confirm anything about you at all. If I am not mistaken you were on the Gabcast and asked me about my mental health.
    I dont mean you have claimed to diagnose me here, but surely you must understand what powerlessness does to people. I do too. I don't mind talking about fidgets, and anything reasonable... but I don't believe it is very ethical or professional to inferr you had some diagnosis from any actual experience with me to formulate an opinion from. I KNOW YOU HAVE NOT DONE THAT but opening the issue led to everyone forming an opinion in a diminutive light.
   I am sure you don't see it that way, and I don't feel as you've judged me harshly, just that since your opening the issue it is all implied... playground teasing for most of these posts, people made attacking the messenger. Still nothing about the message.
I see these other posts as knee-jerk diagnosis, followed by innuendo about my condition, not you... all of the "get over it" stuff.
   If you can't understand that what I'm doing is cathartic, through the expression of the truth the circumstances, and would be generally a good sign for future progress... I don't know why.

I don't see why it is so difficult for people to understand. I'm not looking to get another bandwagon for anyone to climb onto, I just wanted to tell people what happened.

ca·thar·tic
kəˈTHärtik/Submit
adjective
adjective: cathartic
providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis.
"crying is a cathartic release"
MEDICINE
(chiefly of a drug) purgative.
nounMEDICINE
noun: cathartic; plural noun: cathartics
a purgative drug.
Origin

early 17th century (in medical use): via late Latin from Greek kathartikos, from katharsis ‘cleansing’ (see catharsis).

ps. It's a shame that you did not get to see your Dad!
I would like to offer this surplus "shame" Ms. C. gave me to Sgt. Pickles, if you ask I think she has some more shame she could administer on your behalf additionally.
pps. My shame, although some might say I had none, would be squarely administered upon the shoulders of the "first sergeant" whom had not the "foresight to clarity of role" to have an individual acting in his stead so apparently cruel as Mr. Pickles!
ppps. As a tribute I shall never have a pickles on my burger again! If in fact I am ever asked if I want pickles, NAY! I shall exclaim... "NO PICKLES FOR ME" and go on to nearly inaudible muttering rant about how one bad pickle messes it up for everyone as I recount your harrowing ordeal.
pppps. Really though sorry, I was my Dad's caretaker with my brother.
ppppps. Also really for real I am now ANTI-PICKLE!!!

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 01:10:32 PM
   Onan, this I am addressing to you. If I am not mistaken you are involved in the medical mental health field. If that is indeed correct, a fact I have no need or desire to try to confirm or disavow, I still know I don't have enough real word experience of you to personally confirm anything about you at all. If I am not mistaken you were on the Gabcast and asked me about my mental health.
   Surely you must understand what powerlessness does to people. I do too. I don't mind talking about fidgets, and anything reasonable... but I don't believe it is very ethical or professional to go on as if you had some diagnosis from any actual experience with me to formulate an opinion from. I see it as knee-jerk diagnosis, followed by innuendo about my condition.
   If you can't understand that what I'm doing is cathartic, through the expression of the truth the circumstances, and would be generally a good sign for future progress... I don't know why.

I don't see why it is so difficult for you to understand. I'm not looking to get another bandwagon for anyone to climb onto, I just wanted to tell people what happened.

ca·thar·tic
kəˈTHärtik/Submit
adjective
adjective: cathartic
providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis.
"crying is a cathartic release"
MEDICINE
(chiefly of a drug) purgative.
nounMEDICINE
noun: cathartic; plural noun: cathartics
a purgative drug.
Origin

early 17th century (in medical use): via late Latin from Greek kathartikos, from katharsis ‘cleansing’ (see catharsis).

ps. It's a shame that you did not get to see your Dad!
I would like to offer this surplus "shame" Ms. C. gave me to Sgt. Pickles, if you ask I think she has some more shame she could administer on your behalf additionally.
pps. My shame, although some might say I had none, would be squarely administered upon the shoulders of the "first sergeant" whom had not the "foresight to clarity of role" to have an individual acting in his stead so apparently cruel as Mr. Pickles!
ppps. As a tribute I shall never have a pickles on my burger again! If in fact I am ever asked if I want pickles, NAY! I shall exclaim... "NO PICKLES FOR ME" and go on to nearly inaudible muttering rant about how one bad pickle messes it up for everyone as I recount your harrowing ordeal.
pppps. Really though sorry, I was my Dad's caretaker with my brother.
ppppps. Also really for real I am now ANTI-PICKLE!!!

I am that guy. You presented with pressured speech, circumstantial and tangential thought. I didn't ask as a joke. I still don't. It may have been anxiety speaking with strangers, but I doubt that. You reported being diagnosed at an early age with borderline hyperactivity. There is no such diagnosis. And psychiatrists are extremely cautious to diagnose bipolar disorder in anyone under the age of 16 and that is pushing it. I don't know if you have a mental illness. And with the stigma surrounding mental illness I fully understand the reluctance and resentment of such a question. But if there is an underlying condition, intervention and treatment may well be the most appropriate course.

If I offended you with that, sorry, I would rather you have the info and dislike me than to just let it go.

McPhallus

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on July 04, 2014, 12:28:42 PM

I'm guessing this was said to you at least once.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: onan on July 04, 2014, 01:22:56 PM
You presented with pressured speech,
<All speech is created through pressure, air pressure.>
circumstantial and
<life is nothing but circumstances>
tangential thought.
<life is the one true tangent we all share, all of it is tangential.>

I didn't ask as a joke. I still don't.
<But a joke sure has welled up from within that "non-joke.">

It may have been anxiety speaking with strangers, but I doubt that.
<"doubt," noted. If approached with doubt, anything can be nothing and nothing can be anything. I don't hear any doubt about the veracity of my evidence based on examination.>

You reported being diagnosed at an early age with borderline hyperactivity.
<That is not true, I never said that, nor has that ever happened. I think if we digg up this alleged statement of mine we will find you had a misunderstanding of what I said.>

There is no such diagnosis.
<nor any such statement from me.>

And psychiatrists are extremely cautious to diagnose bipolar disorder in anyone under the age of 16 and that is pushing it.
<My comprehensive evaluation was the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC)>

I don't know if you have a mental illness.
<nor need you be concerned, on my behalf>

And with the stigma surrounding mental illness I fully understand the reluctance and resentment of such a question.
<I'll not post the WISC scores here, but suffice to say... I did just fine. In the top 10%>

But if there is an underlying condition, intervention and treatment may well be the most appropriate course.
<I am not in your office, please save your professional advice for your patients.>

If I offended you with that, sorry,
<Sorry accepted, however I would recommend, as you are a medical health professional that you use the term "apologize" when you're wrong, it is more dignifed and has the semantic distinction of not being flung anound by the "laymen.">

I would rather you have the info and dislike me than to just let it go.
<I don't dislike you, I dont even know you.>
And there it is line by line, I wholeheartedly apologize if it is a break from the normal BG quotes method... in advance.

MF
ps. ANTIPICKLE FOREVER!