• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

It's interesting watching other forums have similar reactions. I don't think a lot of folks are buying this story.

Claudius

Quote from: Freyja on December 11, 2015, 07:08:16 PM
Sadly I have to agree.

Somethings just don't sit right with any of this.

Here we have Art Bell, honored member of the radio hall of fame....one who has $$ apparently to build expensive antennas, studios, ham equipment etc. yet is not equipped with ample security equipment?

Allegedly shots are fired at/near a well known celebrity, Art Bell...yet are there any police reports? Art is not able to hire any private assistance both to determine who allegedly is perpetrating this as well as keeping himself and his family safe until resolution is obtained? Quitting is the only option?

Understandably, safety for Art and his family is paramount, however this makes no sense what so ever....atleast not to me.

Quitting again is the only recourse?

Thank you Art for all the decades of great radio.    Best wishes to you and your family.

Funny analogy, he is Bellgab's Papa who comes back into our lives every so often. We get filled with hope that Dad is actually going to stick around, maybe he won't get back with Mom (C2C), but at least he will have an apartment near by so we can see him. But after a few days he's gone again.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on December 11, 2015, 07:08:16 PM
Sadly I have to agree.

Somethings just don't sit right with any of this.

Here we have Art Bell, honored member of the radio hall of fame....one who has $$ apparently to build expensive antennas, studios, ham equipment etc. yet is not equipped with ample security equipment?

Allegedly shots are fired at/near a well known celebrity, Art Bell...yet are there any police reports? Art is not able to hire any private assistance both to determine who allegedly is perpetrating this as well as keeping himself and his family safe until resolution is obtained? Quitting is the only option?

Understandably, safety for Art and his family is paramount, however this makes no sense what so ever....atleast not to me.

Quitting again is the only recourse?

Thank you Art for all the decades of great radio.    Best wishes to you and your family.

Not the ONLY recourse, just the one he chose. He doesn't owe us anything.

Get over it.

I'll keep listening to Heather for as long as she gives it a shot.

The NYE County Sheriff's Department has a 4.7 out of 5 rating on Facebook? Bullshit.

https://www.facebook.com/nyecountysheriff/

norland2424

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 07:11:35 PM
Funny analogy, he is Bellgab's Papa who comes back into our lives every so often. We get filled with hope that Dad is actually going to stick around, maybe he won't get back with Mom (C2C), but at least he will have an apartment near by so we can see him. But after a few days he's gone again.

But dad said he would stick around for sure this time :-\ lol.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 11, 2015, 07:13:22 PM

Get over it.

+1. I'll keep listening too.

Claudius

Quote from: norland2424 on December 11, 2015, 07:14:23 PM
But dad said he would stick around for sure this time :-\ lol.
I even gave him some "rent" money!

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 07:14:06 PM
The NYE County Sheriff's Department has a 4.7 out of 5 rating on Facebook? Bullshit.

https://www.facebook.com/nyecountysheriff/

How is that bs?

trostol

lol some people are also taking this too personally lol

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 07:11:35 PM

One night he went out for cigarettes. That was 20 YEARS AGO!  :'( :'( :'(

Freyja

Get over it.

Yeah I get he chose quitting AGAIN...actually he stayed on the air this time longer than I expected and I was over it the last time he quit.

Atleast we will never have to go through his quitting again as I'm sure no radio station will even consider signing anything he puts on the air again if he ever changes his mind  :(

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 07:16:10 PM
Just making a joke.

Lol ok, maybe we should all save arts show like we helped hoagie cure Carter's butt cancer.

Get over it.

I would normally agree, but what about the uncomfortable elephant in room--paid subscriptions...

dan7800

He will be back by the end of next week.

I'm going to give it a week. But Art losing one of his biggest affiliates (and the one closest to me) really just slapped me across the face.

Claudius

Why not just say that he is taking a short break in order to allow the authorities to investigate this whole thing. And how about this... Stop talking about your stalker! What do you think empowers a person like that?

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 07:20:52 PM
I'm going to give it a week. But Art losing one of his biggest affiliates (and the one closest to me) really just slapped me across the face.

This was bound to happen. Nobody knows Heather and they were promised Art Bell five nights a week, not one show here and there.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 11, 2015, 07:14:40 PM
+1. I'll keep listening too.
Shit, I listened to Hoagland for about 4 months, and I know Heather is better than the RCH.

Quote from: Claudius on December 11, 2015, 07:22:09 PM
Why not just say that he is taking a short break in order to allow the authorities to investigate this whole thing. And how about this... Stop talking about your stalker! What do you think empowers a person like that?

Exactly.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: dan7800 on December 11, 2015, 07:19:54 PM
He will be back by the end of next week.

I really hope you're right.

dan7800

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 11, 2015, 07:23:19 PM
Shit, I listened to Hoagland for about 4 months, and I know Heather is better than the RCH.

Hoagie really went downhill over the last month.

Show is now a joke.

trostol

a rock...yes one of the ones he swears is an arcology ...is better then RCH

Claudius

Quote from: dan7800 on December 11, 2015, 07:24:53 PM

Hoagie really went downhill over the last month.

Show is now a joke.

There was a time when it wasn't a joke... we are talking about the same HOAGLAND! right?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 11, 2015, 07:22:52 PM
This was bound to happen. Nobody knows Heather and they were promised Art Bell five nights a week, not one show here and there.

Go back and listen to the clips where she interviewed Art before he started back up.  I have every confidence that she will do a good job.

Will she be Art? No.  Will she be better than Clyde Lewis or George Noory?  You can bet your bottom dollar. And she has the best mentor in the business handing her the reins.

I'll keep listening.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: rekcuf on December 11, 2015, 07:18:57 PM

I would normally agree, but what about the uncomfortable elephant in room--paid subscriptions...

I know George says there are no coincidences, but I dropped my Time Traveler subscription just two days ago, the morning after that abortion of a show with David Jacobs.

Catsmile

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2015, 06:40:43 PM
Still looking an iota of 3rd party validation of this whole intruder business.   I'm working hard to suppress my cynical side lest I get banned or stalked.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bells are already in or booked to Manila.

Dude, if I were Art and truly so worried for my familyz safety, those MyFace post would have been from a 19th story condo in Manila.

Fuck sitting around the school and home with a shotgun on your lap waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've lived like that, because I didn't have the means to relocate. Protecting yourself from someone that means you and yours harm isn't like doing a radio show, that you can quit when you get bored, or the going gets tough. Living like that took a huge toll on a 30 year old, both physically and mentally. I can't imagine doing it at 70. Not when you already have somewhere else to go with money to live on.

Well I guess the bright side is that no one got stiffed with satellite radio equipment this time around. 

Will the network linger on or is Rowland just gonna pull the plug? 

SciFiAuthor

I agree. I think she's going to pleasantly surprise everyone.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2015, 07:28:57 PM
I know George says there are no coincidences, but I dropped my Time Traveler subscription just two days ago, the morning after that abortion of a show with David Jacobs.
Who is now the answer to a trivia question. What are the odds of that?