• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 19, 2013, 11:34:25 AM

Indeed on the awesome part. Funny, I was reading the noory sucks thread and just saw your quote regarding the meme. Oh noes, coincidence! I think not! He also seems to know all these things he keeps saying he can't tell us, but he can hint at. If he turned down his Alex Jones type rants, and interviewed more guests he would be better. I don't hate him per say, just think he could be better, and that for some reason pisses me off more. It's like a half-assed attempt.

btw, love your avatar. :)

It just amazes me why PremRat cannot seem to go with a semi-competent host at night.   Noory, Wells, and Lewis all leave something to be desired and, of course, Noory is beyond unbelievably bad or "Beyond Belief."  :P   Art was so many light years better than what we have now it's even harder to take his retirement from radio.

That's why I thought an avatar of Roy was more than appropriate.  I hear him singing "It's over......" anytime I turn on C2C.  :(

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2013, 01:16:29 PM

It just amazes me why PremRat cannot seem to go with a semi-competent host at night.   Noory, Wells, and Lewis all leave something to be desired and, of course, Noory is beyond unbelievably bad or "Beyond Belief."  :P   Art was so many light years better than what we have now it's even harder to take his retirement from radio.

That's why I thought an avatar of Roy was more than appropriate.  I hear him singing "It's over......" anytime I turn on C2C.  :(

John Wells drives me nuts too. It's all conspiracy. Don't even get me started about Alex Jones. So much fear based stuff. I'm open minded, I enjoy exploring possibility, but the possibility of these men emptying my pockets because I am terrified the end of the world is coming is not happening. That goes along with things that annoy me, paranoid radio show hosts who push the whole "the sky is falling " mentality so people buy their stuff.

And as far as the "It's Over" , sadly I think that might be true. I think a lot of people on this board miss being entertained by intelligent paranormal topics along with themed open lines. Not fake "Drs" who are as bad as the host. Sigh.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 19, 2013, 01:25:26 PM

John Wells drives me nuts too. It's all conspiracy. Don't even get me started about Alex Jones. So much fear based stuff. I'm open minded, I enjoy exploring possibility, but the possibility of these men emptying my pockets because I am terrified the end of the world is coming is not happening. That goes along with things that annoy me, paranoid radio show hosts who push the whole "the sky is falling " mentality so people buy their stuff.

I can't listen to Wells.  To me, he sounds like a burned-out, aged stoner who can't string together 3 words without stuttering or taking a bong hit.  It's insane.   Alex Jones is a huckster, nothing more, nothing less.  It amazes me how many people hang on to his every word as some sort of gospel.

I'll give Clyde credit for three things.  He's literate.  That's a huge plus when you compare him to Noory.  He's entertaining.  Even when he's on a rant, he can make it somewhat entertaining.  It's reminiscent of Hoagland in the very early days.  I can listen just to see what crazy thing he's going to say.  He is genuine.  If he disagrees with you, he'll say it.  If you insult him on the air, he has the cajones to call you a stupid bitch right back.  He won't slink off and say they lost the connection with the caller like Noory does. 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 19, 2013, 01:39:35 PM
I can't listen to Wells.  To me, he sounds like a burned-out, aged stoner who can't string together 3 words without stuttering or taking a bong hit.  It's insane.   Alex Jones is a huckster, nothing more, nothing less.  It amazes me how many people hang on to his every word as some sort of gospel.

I'll give Clyde credit for three things.  He's literate.  That's a huge plus when you compare him to Noory.  He's entertaining.  Even when he's on a rant, he can make it somewhat entertaining.  It's reminiscent of Hoagland in the very early days.  I can listen just to see what crazy thing he's going to say.  He is genuine.  If he disagrees with you, he'll say it.  If you insult him on the air, he has the cajones to call you a stupid bitch right back.  He won't slink off and say they lost the connection with the caller like Noory does.

As far as Alex Jones, many do follow blindly, and that's their choice. We all need to make our own minds up.

Regarding Clyde, I agree with you overall. It is the best option currently.

To both ItsOver & HorroRetro, I have enjoyed talking with both of you. The people on this forum have been very kind and welcoming to a newbie like myself and I appreciate it. :) Now if only we could somehow rid ourselves of the awful that has become Coast To Coast Am.

BigDave

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 19, 2013, 02:15:42 PM

As far as Alex Jones, many do follow blindly, and that's their choice. We all need to make our own minds up.

To both ItsOver & HorroRetro, I have enjoyed talking with both of you. The people on this forum have been very kind and welcoming to a newbie like myself and I appreciate it. :) Now if only we could somehow rid ourselves of the awful that has become Coast To Coast Am.

Alex Jones is right on about the BS that the Government is doing,trying to take away Our rights(like the right to bear arms and freedom of speech). You can't really close Your eyes to what is going on ::)

Usagi

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 19, 2013, 02:15:42 PM

Hrm.  Maybe I need to give the dude ONE more chance.  I abandoned the attempt after "Osama/Newton/Guns" was uttered a few too many times for my taste.  However, he has Bruce Campbell coming on, so... I'm willing to give second or third chances (god knows I gave Snoory more than his fair share).

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2013, 02:23:08 PM

Hrm.  Maybe I need to give the dude ONE more chance.  I abandoned the attempt after "Osama/Newton/Guns" was uttered a few too many times for my taste.  However, he has Bruce Campbell coming on, so... I'm willing to give second or third chances (god knows I gave Snoory more than his fair share).

Like with most things (Not Snoory) Clyde is hit and miss, but Bruce Campbell has the potential to be a great interview. There is a grain of truth with most of the hosts out there, it's a matter of what appeals to each person. As far as Snoory, the pizza roll thing alone is enough to make me roll my eyes, never mind the countless other things such as butchering the English language.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: BigDave on February 19, 2013, 02:20:47 PM

Alex Jones is right on about the BS that the Government is doing,trying to take away Our rights(like the right to bear arms and freedom of speech). You can't really close Your eyes to what is going on ::)

I don't close my eyes to what's going on.  I'm about as conservative as you can get, with the exception that I'm not a bible thumper and I drive a Prius  :o , and I see what's going on with this country.  However, I don't need to get my information from Alex Jones.  He takes a kernel of truth and turns it upside down and inside out to fit his conspiracies. 

Just for kicks, we listened to him one day.  He was yammering on about FEMA death camps.  He listed the address for one in Oklahoma City.  We lived about 50 miles south of OKC, so we went for a drive.  The FEMA death camp was a municipal bus barn where the out of service buses were parked.  ::)   No guard towers, no showers with Zyklon B being pumped in.  This country is in a sad state of affairs as it is, and we don't need people embellishing things to gain popularity.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: BigDave on February 19, 2013, 02:20:47 PM

His presentation for me is a turn off for as far as listening to his program. I tried to a few years back. I do understand your point regarding the bill of rights. It all comes down to who appeals to you.

BigDave

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 19, 2013, 02:31:44 PM

Like with most things (Not Snoory) Clyde is hit and miss, but Bruce Campbell has the potential to be a great interview. There is a grain of truth with most of the hosts out there, it's a matter of what appeals to each person. As far as Snoory, the pizza roll thing alone is enough to make me roll my eyes, never mind the countless other things such as butchering the English language.

I'd like to see Clyde one day be the successor to George. At least He seems like He's interested at least

CrabbyOld Bat

Clyde would be much, much better if he'd stop trying so darn hard to be shocking. His interviewing skills are good but he seems to be obsessed with saying totally outlandish things at times, not because he truly believes them but solely to get a reaction or start an argument. He doesn't need to do that. If he'd stop that overkill stuff, he'd probably be in the same entertainment league as Art and Knapp. 

As for Alex Jones...he's been caught in lies countless times and is certifiably nuts as far as I can tell. He's nothing more than an obnoxious, uber-paranoid, fearmonger who makes up "facts" as needed. Oh, and since he owns dozens of guns I'd say he's also dangerous. Severe paranoia + rage + guns = nothing good.

Eddie Coyle

I'd like to thank the inventor of Skype for giving us the opportunity to see more and more ugly people on TV, in particular their nosehair and adenoids. Thank you technology.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 19, 2013, 03:05:20 PM

I'd like to thank the inventor of Skype for giving us the opportunity to see more and more ugly people on TV, in particular their nosehair and adenoids.

I just want to know how the hell those adenoids can get big enough that they explode when they hit the ground. And just how the hell does some nose thing get in space, anyway? "Adenoid strikes earth" - well, hell yeah. Where else is it going to go?

stevesh

The fact that I've had The Jackson Five's 'ABC' stuck in my head for three days.

CrabbyOld Bat

Snorge's laugh/snort/guffaw. Especially since it's inappropriate most times.

Usagi

Dudes who feel the utterly inexplicable need to spit on the ground as they walk, even if someone is all but 10 feet behind them.

If you do this, fuck you.  Everyone hates you.  Stop it.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Usagi on February 20, 2013, 06:05:16 PM
Dudes who feel the utterly inexplicable need to spit on the ground as they walk, even if someone is all but 10 feet behind them.

I totally agree.  It's disgusting.   >:(

Caruthers612

1. The winter hiatus in which television networks suspend regular programming for up to three months.

2. Old people.

3. The appalling lack of content (TV and movies) nowadays that a bright, thoughtful, ederkated person would enjoy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Usagi on February 20, 2013, 06:05:16 PM
Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 20, 2013, 06:10:20 PM
I totally agree.  It's disgusting.   >:(
Not to ethnically profile,  :-X  but I just got back from my weekly Gulliver's Travels, aka a trip to Chinatown, and this vile practice of public expectoration is so constant and omnipresent...it's disgusting. And I'm not exactly prim and proper, but for Buddha's sake I don't loogie like it's going out of style.

CoastCanuck

getting shut out when attempting to buy concert tickets on-line, then seeing ridiculously priced tickets for sale by scalpers

Usagi

I would like some loogie-hocker out there to answer for their crimes.  What is the meaning of this?  Is it some physiological problem?  Do you produce so much nasty-ass viscous mucus that you would literally CHOKE on the side of the road if you didn't expel it immediately?  I couldn't imagine what ungodly condition would induce me to spit on the friggin' busy sidewalk.  Is it a rebellion thing?  Does it make you feel special?  Is it even a conscious act?  Too much dairy? Was your father a camel?

Speak up, assholes!  Defend yourselves! 

onan

Here is a link, more than you probably want to know.

http://sallystrove.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-Guys-Spit

I don't by the way... except when brushing my teeth.

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 22, 2013, 03:13:56 PM

1. The winter hiatus in which television networks suspend regular programming for up to three months.

2. Old people.

3. The appalling lack of content (TV and movies) nowadays that a bright, thoughtful, ederkated person would enjoy.

Can you elaborate on the "old people" item, Caruthers?  You want a Logan's Run world (no one over 30 in the movie, no one over 18 in the book)?  If we're lucky, we're all going to age; it probably beats the alternative.

Sardondi

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 22, 2013, 03:13:56 PM

2. Old people. Oh, just wait; just wait.

1 & 3 are really sort of the same. But this is so, so true. I'm sick of seeing 47 versions of The Truman Show staring at me from the screen. It doesn't have to be big production stuff; good interviews of interesting people would do. But there are only so many Dick Cavetts (uh, none actually in the business it appears), and so many more Octo-Moms than there are Katherine Hepburns.

Wow, you got that right, Sardoni, about their being few Dick Cavett's on TV nowadays.  I also greatly miss William F. Buckley.  He was so well-informed on so many issues.  He and his guest would discuss an issue in great depth, not just the 30-second snarky sound-byte that passes as "discourse" these days.  :o

My wife and I actually did away with cable/satellite when our daughter turned 3.  We didn't like the commercials that kept blasting in.  The programming, we could control to a great degree, but you never know what messages the damn commercials will send.  Indocrination begins early -- buy, buy, buy!  Instead, evil people that we are, we wanted our daughter to read, play, imagine....

We DO have Netflix, so we can watch what we want sans commercial intrusions.

MV/Liberace!

i'd like to know how in the FUCK life is a rock by reunion ended up in my mp3 library.

McPhallus

All these "Honey Boo Boo" references showing up everywhere and the fact that I'm too lazy/apathetic to find out WTF it's about.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on February 22, 2013, 07:00:30 PM
i'd like to know how in the FUCK life is a rock by reunion ended up in my mp3 library.

But dude, it's like a veritable pop music history lesson...up until spring 1974.  :P

I get my regular history lessons from "We Didn't Start The Fire" and "Right Here, Rigt Now". So, I don't know about anything after late 1990.

BigDave

The movie channels on Satellite tv  showing the same movies for six months in a row! >:( ::)