Started by widespread1, September 10, 2013, 02:38:40 AM

widespread1

my mind is butter.... taking a break :|

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on October 14, 2013, 06:00:47 PM
my mind is butter.... taking a break :|

How dare you?! Get back to work. Don't make me whip you. :P

williedee

I know its a lot to ask, but would somebody be willing to use http://www.shchuka.com/software/mergemp3/ (mp3merge) to merge rest of the 2013 shows into single file shows and upload them either to the server or mega.co.nz? I'd like to get some standard stuff going with the archival process.. something something doing it right the first time.. :P

If you could also follow the standard naming convention

yyyy-mm-dd - Dark Matter with Art Bell - Topic - Guest (or Guest - Topic, i'm not THAT anal :D)

I am going to do it with the shows up till now, I just don't want to do it for all of the coming shows.

So if anybody would like to volunteer, please contact me. Thanks

jan78

Quote from: widespread1 on October 14, 2013, 01:12:01 AM
here is a complete list of the shows I have collected including the ones that I have ripped so far
If any of you see any that you might  have that I dont please let me know.
My list is down at the bottom
Download List of collected shows.txt
Got it! Working on this...

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on October 15, 2013, 02:10:35 PM
I know its a lot to ask, but would somebody be willing to use http://www.shchuka.com/software/mergemp3/ (mp3merge) to merge rest of the 2013 shows into single file shows and upload them either to the server or mega.co.nz? I'd like to get some standard stuff going with the archival process.. something something doing it right the first time.. :P

If you could also follow the standard naming convention

yyyy-mm-dd - Dark Matter with Art Bell - Topic - Guest (or Guest - Topic, i'm not THAT anal :D)

I am going to do it with the shows up till now, I just don't want to do it for all of the coming shows.

So if anybody would like to volunteer, please contact me. Thanks

Ok If I add them I will put them together before i do so from now on.

williedee

Quote from: widespread1 on October 15, 2013, 06:42:25 PM
Ok If I add them I will put them together before i do so from now on.

I don't want to be a hardass, but as long as people are doing the work, it'd be nice if it was done just 1 time :)

widespread1

Somebody has taken away my ability to do anything other than upload files to the repo. As of now I am unable to edit names or anything.
was this on purpose?

albrecht

Thanks for the archive and for adding the old Bill Cooper stuff!! He was interesting (RIP) guy.

Noble Eagle

Quote from: widespread1 on October 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM
Somebody has taken away my ability to do anything other than upload files to the repo. As of now I am unable to edit names or anything.
was this on purpose?

Looks like the software was updated (Ajax explorer -> pydio) and it broke permissions.

williedee

Quote from: Noble Eagle on October 16, 2013, 08:06:41 PM
Looks like the software was updated (Ajax explorer -> pydio) and it broke permissions.

Yeah, plus the server's temp directory where it stores the zip files it creates filled up, so its going to need some TLC from me tomorrow haha.

Good news: I am going to free up a ton of space on my box, so this shouldn't happen for a long time.
Bad news: I'm doing it tomorrow, so any issues you're having will have to wait haha.

Night all :)

widespread1

Quote from: williedee on October 16, 2013, 10:56:19 PM
Yeah, plus the server's temp directory where it stores the zip files it creates filled up, so its going to need some TLC from me tomorrow haha.

Good news: I am going to free up a ton of space on my box, so this shouldn't happen for a long time.
Bad news: I'm doing it tomorrow, so any issues you're having will have to wait haha.

Night all :)

Cool take your time man.. I need a break haha :)

williedee

Okay, as far as I can tell everything is working again. Your permissions are still correct, so idk what the problem was. Let me knowif you're still having issues widespread. Thansk!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: williedee on October 19, 2013, 10:00:56 AM
Okay, as far as I can tell everything is working again. Your permissions are still correct, so idk what the problem was. Let me knowif you're still having issues widespread. Thansk!

i suspect it might not matter at this point.

widespread1

Quote from: MV on October 19, 2013, 11:57:28 AM
i suspect it might not matter at this point.
I guess that makes me pretty much ousted huh?
I thought I was pretty civil honestly. I think some people were significantly more bitter than I ever was during that discussion and as you can see the dabate still goes on over there long after I gave up. Now there are whole threads created simply to poke fun at me and those seem to be ok with the moderators. I call some of you guys some hostile nuthuggers and boy that got reported immediately but lets not acknowledge the harsh shit anybody else said.

I am still willing to share the tapes that I have however I have had a lot more people show a lack of appreciation for them than those who do so I am unsure If it is even worth the time spent.
I also no longer see my collection in the archives at all so I am not sure what that is about.
I have to admit voicing my opinion really backfired.

Heather Wade

I've got no problem with you Widespread1.  None at all.  I only hate George Noory.

Just saying.

jazmunda

I've got no problem with you widespread or your opinions. The service you are providing with these tapes is extremely valuable and it would be a shame if you stopped.

I can see the archive and have just uploaded an episode for mike to a Jazmunda folder within the widespread archive.

Willie could you please arrange access to be restored to widespread. His contribution to the lost classics is too important to lose. Thanks.

widespread1

It is appreciated Redacted and Jazmunda 
was my access really taken away from the archives over this?
I realize I might have beat a dead horse but I had no idea really.

jazmunda

Quote from: widespread1 on October 19, 2013, 05:33:34 PM
It is appreciated Redacted and Jazmunda 
was my access really taken away from the archives over this?
I realize I might have beat a dead horse but I had no idea really.

I doubt it. I think the access issue happened before this and affected me too. I don't think Williedee would do that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: widespread1 on October 19, 2013, 03:57:25 PM
I guess that makes me pretty much ousted huh?

no, i was only basing that on the fact that you asked me to delete your account.  i thought you'd given up.

rangerdavid

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bless you for doing this!!!! 

widespread1

Quote from: rangerdavid on October 19, 2013, 07:10:43 PM
This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bless you for doing this!!!!

Hey enjoy rangerdavid :)

Spinner

Quote from: widespread1 on October 19, 2013, 03:57:25 PM
I am still willing to share the tapes that I have however I have had a lot more people show a lack of appreciation for them than those who do so I am unsure If it is even worth the time spent.
Just want to let you know that I appreciate what you're doing for the benefit of all of us. :)

Chine

Quote from: Spinner on October 19, 2013, 09:09:55 PM

Just want to let you know that I appreciate what you're doing for the benefit of all of us. :)

Ditto.

williedee

I don't even know what all of this drama is about, so don't blame me  :P

Widespread lost access cause i updated the software and it got a little messed up, I've had a bad cold the past few days so I didn't get to fix it right away.

Spinner

Quote from: williedee on October 19, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

Widespread lost access cause i updated the software and it got a little messed up, I've had a bad cold the past few days so I didn't get to fix it right away.
williedee:
The "drama" has nothing to do with you or the glitch with access.
It's about something that happened a couple of nights ago on the Live thread. Things just got a little "heated."

I won't presume to speak for every active member of this forum, but I think most of us sincerely appreciate what you and widespread are making possible here.
I know I do. :)

steelbot

Quote from: williedee on October 19, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

;D I KNOW I DO! - I think a lot of tongue and cheek humor occurs.  I know without proper context AND emotion it's sometimes hard to read what others are really meaning.  With that said, others are able to make themselves PERFECTLY clear, and some chose to do that.  I for one just sigh, and move on - Unless they morally or ethically piss me off!  I have exactly zero people on my ignore list and wish to keep it that way.

I will say however, if I were an AM radio personality, the last place you'd find me expecting to find solace, would be this forum site.  :P

steelbot

WillieDee- WHAT IS THAT MUSIC that plays when a stream has stopped beaming to it....but for some reason if i don't refresh my winamp, it stays active, but cuts into this trance chill out vibe stuff?  I want the file  ;D ;D

williedee

Quote from: steelbot on October 20, 2013, 11:10:28 AM
WillieDee- WHAT IS THAT MUSIC that plays when a stream has stopped beaming to it....but for some reason if i don't refresh my winamp, it stays active, but cuts into this trance chill out vibe stuff?  I want the file  ;D ;D
lol oh yeah i forgot i had that setup.

This is the original song -
DeYarmond Edison Bones

I used http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/ paulstretch software to slow it down like 1000%.

Here's the file
http://willstare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/BonesSlow.mp3

steelbot

Quote from: williedee on October 20, 2013, 12:04:59 PM
lol oh yeah i forgot i had that setup.

This is the original song -
DeYarmond Edison Bones
Cool thanks, I've been listening to it for like 3 hrs straight right now lol doing my school work.   I listen to a lot of Ambient muzack

Quote from: williedee on October 20, 2013, 12:04:59 PM
I used http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/ paulstretch software to slow it down like 1000%.
Here's the file
http://willstare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/BonesSlow.mp3
That's wild, I'm gonna try that with a jam that sound's similar, and see how it turns out.  Gonna use Adobe Audition and see how it turns out.

jan78

Widespread,
Good to see you back here :)