• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on July 09, 2015, 08:15:53 PM
I can vouch for this. There is nothing special about the food nor the atmosphere.

If I don't need sub sandwiches shot to me via pneumatic tubes or pizza catapulted from a slingshot I sure don't need rolls thrown at me. Serve them on a goddamn plate and save me the time.
glad I never stopped...now if anyone here remembers the Noah's Ark Restaurant off I-70 in St Charles I'll be very impressed!

chinaclipper

Quote from: MV on July 09, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
Thanks, sweetie. At the moment, I have nothing but time. Waiting in the "Super Park" at the STL airport for my mother in law's delayed flight to get here.

does this mean you're on "vacation," for a while?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 09, 2015, 07:48:29 PM
Yes and it really just sux. How we don't just have the FBI go out and gather up all these hackers in the US and where ever, tell them all, ok people it's a long time in jail for most of you and it's nothing like mom's basement. So from now on you are gonna work for us and you geniuses are gonna kick ass on all these other countries pulling this shit on us...ok. Now let's get to work.

Maybe put the NSA to real use. I can't believe they computerized such sensitive information in the first place. Just stick the SF86's in filing cabinets at the OPM and post some guards. Secure. But no, they just had to digitize it. This is going to cost Hillary Clinton a crap ton of dollars to pay the Chinese government hush money to not leak her list of foreign contacts.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 09, 2015, 07:39:59 PM
They got everyone including the director of the FBI. Basically anyone that's held a clearance after 1998.
They've pretty much gotten everything there is to get already anyway. Notice how their 5th generation jet is an exact replica of the F-35. All they can do is copy shit and can't design anything themselves. They just finished field testing on a hypersonic nuclear capable first strike vehicle, and to think we were doing the same testing around a year ago. Fuck China.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-conducts-fourth-test-of-wu-14-strike-vehicle/

30 minutes to deliver a nuke anywhere on the planet within meters. This baby is in production now folks.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 09, 2015, 08:18:44 PM
glad I never stopped...now if anyone here remembers the Noah's Ark Restaurant off I-70 in St Charles I'll be very impressed!

Of course I remember it! I have a picture of myself as a drunken teenager riding on top of one of the fiber glass elephants.

Too bad they tore that building down. It was a true landmark. Nice Brazilian steak house was built in its place though.

akwilly

I read we are loosing the bumblebees. If that happens we would be screwed, am suprised it not getting more publicity. Maybe a show for Art

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 09, 2015, 08:25:38 PM
Of course I remember it! I have a picture of myself as a drunken teenager riding on top of one of the fiber glass elephants.

Too bad they tore that building down. It was a true landmark. Nice Brazilian steak house was built in its place though.
I read about the demolition a couple of years back...that really sucks...there is a website dedicated to it...supposedly they had very good Clam Chowder...

I drove by it so many times, I wish I had stopped...as a kid I kept asking my Mom to go there, it looked fun for a kid!

Art_s Farts

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 09, 2015, 07:37:17 PM
Dude, i've fought on the streets of NYC Brooklyn and faced more than 5...1st rule, no rules, so you are correct and lasercockface is totally full of shit.

Trust me I am in no way siding with that whiny troll but I saw a large extremely angered Samoan clean the floor with 4 rednecks. They would all jump him and he would throw them off like paperdolls. He ended up beating the shit out of all 4 of them. One went through a jukebox, when went flying over a pool table and the other two were just heaps on the floor. That crazy sumbitch was lucky that none of those good ole boys were armed.

phrodo

Quote from: MV on July 09, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
I have. It's typical bland Midwestern country ass old people dog food. To add insult to injury, you must wait in line behind 400 backwoods lard assess before you can finally enter.

Yeah, they throw the rolls there. We get it.

But YeeHawww... what fun!! You jes got tooo manny teeth and too much book learnins to chow on some down home vittles.  :o

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on July 09, 2015, 08:33:03 PM
But YeeHawww... what fun!! You jes got tooo manny teeth and too much book learnins to chow on some down home vittles.  :o
he he...can't say "vittles" often enough...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 09, 2015, 08:28:51 PM
I read about the demolition a couple of years back...that really sucks...there is a website dedicated to it...supposedly they had very good Clam Chowder...

I drove by it so many times, I wish I had stopped...as a kid I kept asking my Mom to go there, it looked fun for a kid!

I think it closed permanently sometime in the late 80's and just sat vacant until the demolition 20 or so years later. I remember they built a QuickTrip next to it in the 90's and had to cut a hole in the side of it to accommodate the building so in its later years it appeared to be ramming a gas station.

Morgus

Quote from: MV on July 09, 2015, 08:00:56 PM
After it was all over, Julie Newmar helped me move all of my stuff into a storage unit. Thanks, JuJu (as I call her).
Upon meeting Julie Newmar, did you feel strange stirrings in your utility belt, like Adam West said he did?  8)

Morgus

Quote from: akwilly on July 09, 2015, 08:27:19 PM
I read we are loosing the bumblebees. If that happens we would be screwed, am suprised it not getting more publicity. Maybe a show for Art
Linda Howe has been reporting on that story for years now.
Hopefully Art will have Linda on regularly for her reports.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 09, 2015, 07:29:58 PM
Great story. I actually get creepy vibes from about half of the cast of the original Batman when I watch it...
That's what makes it so, err, amusing.

albrecht

Quote from: Art_s Farts on July 09, 2015, 08:32:22 PM

Trust me I am in no way siding with that whiny troll but I saw a large extremely angered Samoan clean the floor with 4 rednecks. They would all jump him and he would throw them off like paperdolls. He ended up beating the shit out of all 4 of them. One went through a jukebox, when went flying over a pool table and the other two were just heaps on the floor. That crazy sumbitch was lucky that none of those good ole boys were armed.
I think I knew that guy. Hahaha. I had a friend of Samoan extraction who used to love getting into bar fights. He had nothing against our country or troops but loved altercations with off-duty recruits in particular or rednecks (even though friends with many of the same types.) Dude looked fat but it was hard-fat and could do some amazing moves- in addition to just simply brawl. Fun times.

Jocko Johnson

I hear ya. Seen stuff like many times. Best to wait them out and just pick up the pieces.

Art_s Farts

Quote from: albrecht on July 09, 2015, 08:51:09 PM
I think I knew that guy. Hahaha. I had a friend of Samoan extraction who used to love getting into bar fights. He had nothing against our country or troops but loved altercations with off-duty recruits in particular or rednecks (even though friends with many of the same types.) Dude looked fat but it was hard-fat and could do some amazing moves- in addition to just simply brawl. Fun times.

Did he frequent bars in the Austin, TX area by chance?

phrodo

Quote from: chefist on July 09, 2015, 08:18:44 PM

I remember it and also drove by it many times on the way to St. Charles Speedway in the late 70's to -
mid 80's - but never ate there. Odd - could just be faded memories but I don't recall it being red .. seems like it was light brownish/gray.

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 09, 2015, 01:36:42 PM
Nope, you want the real news these days you've got to seek it out on your own.
That's why I come here.  It's not just to get shitfaced.

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 09, 2015, 01:51:41 PM
Federal government underwent a major hack today by China. If you've ever filled out an SF86 for the government, China now knows who you are.

Well shit.  I better get extra egg rolls next time I order.

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on July 09, 2015, 08:55:30 PM
I remember it and also drove by it many times on the way to St. Charles Speedway in the late 70's to -
mid 80's - but never ate there. Odd - could just be faded memories but I don't recall it being red .. seems like it was light brownish/gray.
yea me too, I remember being brown...funny what SciFi said about it ramming a gas station!

akwilly

Damn, RIP Kenny "snake" Stabler

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chinaclipper on July 09, 2015, 08:19:57 PM
does this mean you're on "vacation," for a while?

Ooooh yes. It most certainly does. 6 months of it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on July 09, 2015, 08:33:03 PM

What in the hell is a "vittle" anyway? I know I could look it up. But I won't.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on July 09, 2015, 08:40:42 PM
Upon meeting Julie Newmar, did you feel strange stirrings in your utility belt, like Adam West said he did?  8)

If by "stirrings" you mean the self realization that I, too, will one day be wearing adult diapers, then yes.

phrodo

Quote from: MV on July 09, 2015, 09:08:29 PM
What in the hell is a "vittle" anyway? I know I could look it up. But I won't.

Seriously?? You never watched the Beverly Hillbillies??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUYZB0ZCM8

Morgus

Quote from: MV on July 09, 2015, 09:10:12 PM
If by "stirrings" you mean the self realization that I, too, will one day be wearing adult diapers, then yes.

paladin1991

Quote from: MAX on July 09, 2015, 03:44:08 PM

He also took on a gang of 5 I believe but said he was willing to die to protect others, or some such bullshit, dude I fought in the ring nobody's taking out 5 except in the movies or with a gat.
Damn straight.  I got my licks in in one dust up with a couple of guys, but if the coppers had not of been near by, I would have been toast.  (Kinda like Coast ;)    You see what I did there.)  As it was, I pretty much got my shit handed to me.

paladin1991

Samoans are proof of alien activity on earth.  Now I ain't sayin that they aren't human, but I'm not sayin that they are.  but I am sayin that they are Samoan.

And that's all I am sayin.

akwilly

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 09, 2015, 09:20:46 PM
Samoans are proof of alien activity on earth.  Now I ain't sayin that they aren't human, but I'm not sayin that they are.  but I am sayin that they are Samoan.

And that's all I am sayin.
Oddly enough up in Barrow Ak all the taxi drivers are Samoan