• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

LucaParcelli

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2019, 10:39:59 PM
Luka:  Someday, I might just do a regular pod-cast for shits 'n giggles, more pressing things to worry about though.  So for now I will just have to hitch a ride on Lee's cape if he ever forgives me for that comment about drummers and the fact that only their head is visible on-stage is the reason why they slay so much African poon...

haha!

Merry XXX-mas!

-p
I mean, I was in a band in high school. The drummer and bassist slayed... The vocalist and I ( guitarist) were left in the dust. Thank you for your service, MV.

-L

P.s. - jam sesh, one day... bucket list.

pate

Yes, thank you for your service, Lee!

Haha.

I played the bass in a basement/garage band for awhile, we never got onstage...  My career ended when my genius 16yr old self loaned my '79 cherry red Fender Jazz Bass and 200W Peavey (350W? long thyme ago) head/amp/speaker out to a "friend" for a show they were going to do.  Never saw it again...

TRUST NO ONE!

Now I have two violins that I intend to learn to play, someday.  One I will change into a fiddle with a little bridge work so I can play bluegrass/zydeco/Cajun/country someday...

-p

LucaParcelli

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2019, 11:25:58 PM
Yes, thank you for your service, Lee!

Haha.

I played the bass in a basement/garage band for awhile, we never got onstage...  My career ended when my genius 16yr old self loaned my '79 cherry red Fender Jazz Bass and 200W Peavey (350W? long thyme ago) head/amp/speaker out to a "friend" for a show they were going to do.  Never saw it again...

TRUST NO ONE!

Now I have two violins that I intend to learn to play, someday.  One I will change into a fiddle with a little bridge work so I can play bluegrass/zydeco/Cajun/country someday...

-p

Pate, learn Elton John on the violin... I’ll learn some chords on my guitar... We’ll get Liberace to provide vocals and drums to Philadelphia Freedom... We’ll make him Phil Collins Elton John.

Brig, wanna tambourine like Stevie Nicks in our GeorgeNoory tribute band?

P.s. - did the website name change go through and I’m not noticing it?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: LucaParcelli on December 15, 2019, 09:12:37 AM

Not yet.  I haven't had time to do it.

pate

Luka, I would want to go see if the guy that sold me the two violins still has that electric violin I almost bought for your band project...  It was pretty sweet, white tiger stripes, heh.  Would be perfect for an Elton John themed band.

-p

Metron2267

Quote from: VC on December 14, 2019, 12:54:40 AM
Meanwhile, Metron gut punches to the balls.

Shocking to think you might ever have had some!

WOTR

Appearing for one night only- the Noory experience?

How would you ever judge the success of the show?

Lilith

Pate, learn Elton John on the violin... I’ll learn some chords on my guitar... We’ll get Liberace to provide vocals and drums to Philadelphia Freedom... We’ll make him Phil Collins Elton John.

I'll start practicing...

#CircleOfFriendsâ,,¢

I am so confused being out of the Bellgab loop. Something about Brig, AZZERAE apparently has his own forum and podcast. Where can I find the AZZERAE podcast and forum?

Does anyone have primer?

Good grief I am 1.5 hours in and I still have over 3 hours of the newest gabcast.

Lilith

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 17, 2019, 07:58:58 AM
I am so confused being out of the Bellgab loop. Something about Brig, AZZERAE apparently has his own forum and podcast. Where can I find the AZZERAE podcast and forum?

Does anyone have primer?

Good grief I am 1.5 hours in and I still have over 3 hours of the newest gabcast.

You can catch up on AZZERAE and find all of his podcasts in this thread.

https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=12813.0

LucaParcelli

Quote from: Liberace! on December 23, 2019, 05:22:36 AM

Can we do that remotely?
Hmmmmmm... Is there a problem with input lag affecting timing? This is an interesting proposal. I would be quite interested in talking this one out. I have rudimentary recording quipment at my home. Let’s do this remotely!

DynamoHum

Quote from: LucaParcelli on December 23, 2019, 06:43:22 AM
Hmmmmmm... Is there a problem with input lag affecting timing? This is an interesting proposal. I would be quite interested in talking this one out. I have rudimentary recording quipment at my home. Let’s do this remotely!

I used to be heavily into the virtual world music scene ... I have seen virtual bands perform with each member being in a different place in the world all daisychaining to a single stream, so this is definitely possible :)

Lilith

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 23, 2019, 07:08:37 AM
I used to be heavily into the virtual world music scene ... I have seen virtual bands perform with each member being in a different place in the world all daisychaining to a single stream, so this is definitely possible :)

I'm subscribed to Playing for Change. They seem to record seamlessly while being in different places around the world.  Of course, it could be photoshop... 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn25nZ12HEZq_w_m_1DmbbA

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on December 23, 2019, 02:36:41 PM
I'm subscribed to Playing for Change. They seem to record seamlessly while being in different places around the world.  Of course, it could be photoshop... 

They aren't doing it in real time. They're recording their parts and someone is mixing it all later.

Element 115

Quote from: brig on December 23, 2019, 02:36:41 PM

Yes they all do separate takes, then it's all edited and mixed together, Brig

vipjon

Just recently started listing to the GabCast.... I maybe shouldent have started with Nov 2nds show, but I got into it. I don't drink but I smoked a few. The karaoke part I was Not expecting, but yea I sang along to Philadelphia Freedom. The MITD parody is unbearable, Who the hell is that singing? I, myself am gay, but yet still compelled to bash that dude! Um thanks for your service. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next GabCast! 51s all around!

Element 115

Quote from: vipjon on December 29, 2019, 09:10:29 AM
Just recently started listing to the GabCast.... I maybe shouldent have started with Nov 2nds show, but I got into it. I don't drink but I smoked a few. The karaoke part I was Not expecting, but yea I sang along to Philadelphia Freedom. The MITD parody is unbearable, Who the hell is that singing? I, myself am gay, but yet still compelled to bash that dude! Um thanks for your service. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next GabCast! 51s all around!

Midnight in The Cuckshed is the infamous MV, site owner/creator and creator of Gabcast lol.  Praise MV, he rocks.  His falsetto rules.

WOTR

I, myself am gay, but yet still compelled to bash that dude!
As noted- that is MV (aka "the great Liberace.) I would be very careful what you are implying as he already sued a British tabloid for liable in the 1950's when he testified that he "was not homosexual and that he had never taken part in homosexual acts". As you may be aware, he won that case and has now been certified as straight by the British justice system.

It is absolutely scandalous to accuse the flamboyant Liberace of such things.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on December 29, 2019, 04:10:45 PM
As noted- that is MV (aka "the great Liberace.) I would be very careful what you are implying as he already sued a British tabloid for liable in the 1950's when he testified that he "was not homosexual and that he had never taken part in homosexual acts". As you may be aware, he won that case and has now been certified as straight by the British justice system.

It is absolutely scandalous to accuse the flamboyant Liberace of such things.
His solicitor did not have a happy ending, however.   

"he was not a happy man and he hanged himself in the garage of his luxury home in Hove in 1969 while being investigated by police regarding an incident in Hampstead Heath." 

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/4452067.liberaces-libel-victory/

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on December 29, 2019, 04:10:45 PM
...he won that case and has now been certified as straight by the British justice system.

ItsOver

Like hell, that's the exalted Lee singing. He, himself, is not gay, he likes women, only women,  but I am compelled to praise that gentleman for his creative talent.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on December 29, 2019, 04:35:49 PM
he was not a happy man and he hanged himself in the garage of his luxury home

lank Robin Williams vibes

Hog

First weekend of the year has always been a good time for a Gabcast.

Anyone, anyone, Gabcast, anyone?

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Hog on January 02, 2020, 06:06:34 PM
First weekend of the year has always been a good time for a Gabcast.

Anyone, anyone, Gabcast, anyone?

peace
Hog

If anyone wants to co-host tomorrow or Saturday night, let me know.

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on January 02, 2020, 10:34:00 PM
If anyone wants to co-host tomorrow or Saturday night, let me know.

I nominate VC!

VC VC VC VC!!!!  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lilith on January 03, 2020, 09:42:22 AM
I nominate VC!

VC, Azz and Dyna. Now that would be a show! Just ring the bell and let them go at it. I’m all ears.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Lilith on January 03, 2020, 09:42:22 AM
I nominate VC!

Yeah. VC VC VC VC!  Let's see what ya got!  Heh, heh. ;) ;D