George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 31, 2015, 05:54:16 AM
Jorch Torgo.  You fucking creep.
"I am Jorgo.  I serve the PremRat Master.  Art Bell is back.  The PremRat Master is not pleased!"

Zetaspeak

Quote from: michio on January 31, 2015, 04:22:57 AM
Did anyone catch the lady caller at the end of the show? I'll have to listen again later but I swear to Zeus she was talking about Georgie. If she was it went right over his head. It was spot on describing sNoory and his questionable behavior, regardless of her intention. I believe her name was "Karma." Fascinating.

I doubt Noory even heard what she said, he seemed more fascinated by her name than what she has to say.

There was another Noorism that I am not sure if you guys picked  up on. He was talking about the Malaysian airline incident and he said "By far, one of the most..." Which of course makes no sense, how can something be "by far" (stand out individually) and also be grouped as "one of the most"

Nebraska888

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 31, 2015, 06:00:22 AM
I Will need to hear George's outburst from last night

His little temper tantrum began at 3:24 a.m. CST

pyewacket

I was able to listen last night's show from an archive. The intro with him sharing Art's return was strange but not surprising- George made it mostly about himself. I skipped to the parts about the call from Corny- unintentional funny stuff and on to the woman caller with the abusive BF. Once again, George uses someone's painful experience to inject his own complaints about the "haters" and then proceeds to call names and indulge in the same hypocritical sermon we've all heard before. He belittles himself when he does this. I also noticed that he was promoting his latest co-authored book, what exactly is George's expertise in the field of aviation? I'll pass.

It's very telling to me, that despite having all these shows about consciousness, positive thinking, intention, and other spiritual topics, the whole purpose and benefit from these practices seem lost on George. Buddhist practice of meditation can help many people overcome or at least come to terms with their problems, for example. It takes real WORK and HONEST INTROSPECTION- apparently George is not willing to do this.

I am looking forward to Art's return even more than I did before listening to this sad version of the show.

Here's one of Art's bumpers that Noory doesn't use.  Probably because he lacks self-control.

Laura Branigan - Self Control

b_dubb

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 31, 2015, 01:48:27 PM

Coast To Coast AM - January 30, 2015 Purging Spirits

re: driving ... Driving is dangerous.  And super stressful.  We werent' meant to live like that.  I would gladly take a huge pay cut and be able to walk to work or take public transit.  Driving is a form of warfare.

George enjoyed telling the story of the bride that fell to her death waaaaayyyyyy too much. 

George Noory - Radio Vampire and Ghoul

Nebraska888

Quote from: pyewacket on January 31, 2015, 01:17:35 PM
I was able to listen last night's show from an archive. The intro with him sharing Art's return was strange but not surprising- George made it mostly about himself. I skipped to the parts about the call from Corny- unintentional funny stuff and on to the woman caller with the abusive BF. Once again, George uses someone's painful experience to inject his own complaints about the "haters" and then proceeds to call names and indulge in the same hypocritical sermon we've all heard before. He belittles himself when he does this. I also noticed that he was promoting his latest co-authored book, what exactly is George's expertise in the field of aviation? I'll pass.

It's very telling to me, that despite having all these shows about consciousness, positive thinking, intention, and other spiritual topics, the whole purpose and benefit from these practices seem lost on George. Buddhist practice of meditation can help many people overcome or at least come to terms with their problems, for example. It takes real WORK and HONEST INTROSPECTION- apparently George is not willing to do this.

I am looking forward to Art's return even more than I did before listening to this sad version of the show.

Wow......very well said.

pyewacket

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 31, 2015, 02:28:39 PM

Wow......very well said.

Thank you, Nebraska888- I'm just over George and his games. He doesn't have to behave the way he does and doesn't think there's anything wrong with the things he says.

I had to exercise, shower, and then meditate to "clear" away the negative vibe I got from the show.  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: SnapT on January 31, 2015, 04:11:54 AM
I actually found this to be legitimately disturbing.  When has he EVER forgotten to play UFO Phil?
Never before - this was the first time Noory didn't play the UFO Phil song at the end of a Friday night show he hosted in the past 10+ years!

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2015, 03:17:47 PM
Never before - this was the first time Noory didn't play the UFO Phil song at the end of a Friday night show he hosted in the past 10+ years!
\

maybe he is trying to punish the few remaining listeners who like it!

nextgen.fm

OH MAN  he was definitely talking about bellgab! he sounded very angry!!!

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 31, 2015, 12:58:06 PM

His little temper tantrum began at 3:24 a.m. CST

could you help me figure out where that would be on the video?  I guess I'll have to scan through it so that is like near bottom of third hour

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2015, 03:17:47 PM

It's odd though... Five minutes before the end of the program he was discussing having a poll to see if he should still use the UFO Phil song.

pyewacket

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 31, 2015, 03:56:11 PM
It's odd though... Five minutes before the end of the program he was discussing having a poll to see if he should still use the UFO Phil song.

They played this song every week... for 10 years. Maybe it's finally dawning on them that it's not really a "classic"? Maybe it reflects how stagnant the show has become?

A few observations about Jorch's memorable meltdown last night when he lost his mind for awhile and couldn't restrain himself:

Jorch complained that this "chatroom" was one of the "downsides" of social media.

Of course, if this message board praised Jorch, and its members constantly worshipped him for being their personal savior of entertainment -- as in "Jorch is Lord"-- then it would be mentioned on his show at least once a week for others to join and begin prostrations before the demi-god Noory.

Also, notice Jorch nowhere saying in his complaint something along these lines: 

"Naturally, people who dislike me -- or disagree with my comments on vaccinations, politics or any other subject  -- have the right of free expression.  That's what makes this country we live in so wonderful.  I'd like them to like me, but if they can't, then that's quite all right with me." 

He could have gained some respect with a statement like that.  It would have shown the respect for others that his callers routinely and unthinkingly claim for him.  The fact is, the only person Jorch respects is Jorch -- and that sentiment is misplaced. It needs to be replaced with shame.

Jorch also mentioned his "haters" having no life -- as if people couldn't have jobs on the internet while listening to his show.  For a man so supposedly enamored of technology, Jorch is surprisingly ignorant about how the internet affords the freedom to work on so many activities at once.

Listeners of the radio can comment on a message board while coding or designing apps, or writing professionally for technical blogs, or selling things on innumerable websites, or taking courses in some skill, or doing legal or scholarly research, or even playing internet poker professionally.  They might be building their own websites or designing new social networks.  Or they might be retired and want to save the world from awful radio.  They could play bingo or shuffleboard, but they like to think.  And there are some bright as hell people on this message board -- remarkable, actually.  That's why Jorch is so upset with them.

Jorch doesn't know anything about your life -- and doesn't want to know.  He wants to hear praise, read those cue cards, and get back to his cave, almost like somebody with no life.

One of the funnier moments came toward the end of the show where Tommy said:  "I think we do a good job."

Who expected Tommy to speak in any language other than Sycophantian?

Now you talk about somebody with no life.  Here's a guy whose "job" -- if you can call it that -- is to screen phone calls and kiss the ass of Jorch Noory so hard each night that he runs the risk of suffering from an NFL-type brain injury.  Tommy makes sure to block out anybody who might embarrass Jorch while lovingly licking the butt that feeds him. 

How's that for multi-tasking? 

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 31, 2015, 04:12:24 PM

Jorch also mentioned his "haters" having no life -- as if people couldn't have jobs on the internet while listening to his show.  For a man so supposedly enamored of technology, Jorch is surprisingly ignorant about how the internet affords the freedom to work on so many activities at once.

Listeners of the radio can comment on a message board while coding or designing apps, or writing professionally for technical blogs, or selling things on innumerable websites, or taking courses in some skill, or doing legal or scholarly research, or even playing internet poker professionally.  They might be building their own websites or designing new social networks.  And there are some bright as hell people on this message board -- remarkable, actually.

Ha. Good points. The only time I listen to Jorch's crapfest of a show is when I'm doing work at my computer. I sure as heck wouldn't waste free time listening to such dross. But it's somewhat amusing to laugh at the guff while doing work.

WildCard

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 31, 2015, 03:53:47 PM
2:19 is pretty interesting too.

Heh. "Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!"  >:(

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on January 31, 2015, 04:39:42 PM
Ha. Good points. The only time I listen to Jorch's crapfest of a show is when I'm doing work at my computer. I sure as heck wouldn't waste free time listening to such dross. But it's somewhat amusing to laugh at the guff while doing work.

Jorch Einstein, can you photo-shop a picture of Jesus as Jorch -- preferably with a halo over His head?  So we can all worship it?  Make that mustache nice and black on radio's savior.

WildCard

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 31, 2015, 03:54:57 PM

could you help me figure out where that would be on the video?  I guess I'll have to scan through it so that is like near bottom of third hour

@ 2:08:40 Pretty sure he's referring to our vaguely loveable crew:

Hey Jorch, if it's true that you read the posts on this forum, I have a question for you. Why don't you do a few hours of open lines one night, where all the callers who've listened to your asinine crap about vaccinations call in? All the morons who believe the shite you and some of your guests spew about vaccinations can detail the horrendous things that have happened to them or their kids as a result of listening to an unqualified moron speaking about medical matters.  Regarding measles, for instance, I wonder if any kids have had brain-swelling, leading to convulsions and possibly mental retardation? Or ear infections resulting in permanent hearing loss?  Maybe some of their children have even died as a result of Norry's irresponsible stance against vaccines? For every 1000 children who get measles, one or two will die. So come on Jorch, let's find out just how dangerously stupid your (and your guests') opinions on vaccinations are.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 31, 2015, 04:43:07 PM

Jorch Einstein, can you photo-shop a picture of Jesus as Jorch -- preferable with a halo over His head?  So we can all worship it?  Make that mustache nice and black on radio's savior.
If I tried I might get so sick to my stomach I'd probably puke all over my computer.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 31, 2015, 05:52:23 AM
"Peek-A-Boo!  I see you!"

Jorch, so easily summed up in one photoshopped picture.

Nick el Ass

@ 2:08:40 Pretty sure he's referring to our vaguely loveable crew:

I'm so glad this was posted because as I stated before the last part of the show is cut off here. George this is me, and I hide behind nothing... and you are a self absorbed and untalented worm who does not deserve to be in the position you are in. Please resign.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2015, 02:05:14 PM
George Noory - Radio Vampire and Ghoul

He did say at one point he liked to feed of the listeners while discussing Art's return. I think George is going to go into self destruct mode started next week, and I look forward to catching him on occasion as he become more and more paranoid the closer we get.

WildCard

Jorch complained that this "chatroom" was one of the "downsides" about social media.

I hope you freaks are on your best behavior tonight. "Charlie is Listening"

Who expected Tommy to speak in any language other than Sycophantian?

I'm keepin' that.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Nick el Ass on January 31, 2015, 05:03:08 PM

I'm so glad this was posted because as I stated before the last part of the show is cut off here. George this is me, and I hide behind nothing... and you are a self absorbed and untalented worm who does not deserve to be in the position you are in. Please resign.

He did say at one point he liked to feed of the listeners while discussing Art's return. I think George is going to go into self destruct mode started next week, and I look forward to catching him on occasion as he become more and more paranoid the closer we get.

where is the part where he talks about Art?

cowtown

Do you think Georgie and Tommy were sitting opposite each other with their pants off when, in discussing the Superbowl,  they were snickering about "deflated balls"? George had to qualify that by saying, "we're talking about footballs".

Sure, Georgie.

How 'bout that caller who stated upfront he is the exact same age as Noory. They were talking about watching Jimmy Durante on TV as children. In true non-listening brain dead Noory fashion he proceeded to tell the caller, "I was only a child when I watched Jimmy Durante on TV" - implying the caller also wasn't. How's that for Noory's INCRUDIBULL rapport with the caller?

Noory's rambling ode to Art Bell sounded about as coherent as Princess Sarah Palin's recent speech where she finally proved to all she is brain dead. Actually, Noory is the Sarah Palin of late night talk radio.

Noory sounded a lot like Richard Nixon giving his resignation speech: "My mother was a saint", "this country needs good plumbers"...

Ghoulish Georgie's soundbite of the night: "I FEED OFF OF YOU".

Riveting radio.

I think Noory only mentioned art because he didn't want a repeat of last time. He tried the longest to ignore it then the infamous Bateman call occurred. Noory looked like shit that night. Now anytime someone mentions art he can keep up the fake nice guy routine. I bet in a few months or so Oates will be back.