• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2017, 12:46:37 AM

Gilmour and Wright said that Roger was waaaayyyyyy offffff in left field.  He's far too radical but I enjoy his music.
I thought her reference was more in reference to "pig" via the Haram and Kosher aspect. But who knows? Give that business to Iowa or whereever. (Guess what? Mexicans have no problem with pork; processing or eating.)

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 30, 2017, 12:04:11 AM
So I'm wrong, the police aren't corrupt, the judges aren't corrupt, the politicians aren't corrupt.  All Duarte had to do was go arrest the Chinese drug gangs, and all the social problems they were causing would have gone away?  If that's the case, I'm wondering why he didn't start with that. 

I'm also wondering why the people of the Philippines voted for him for president if that's how he conducted himself when he was mayor, and they thought it was over the top unnecessary.

He started the extrajudicial killings at the beginning of his term. He didn't try anything else as president. He created a life and death witch hunt. No innocent people were killed, right? The continued killings hasn't made a dent in their social problems, only adds to them. His unilateral action incenses the corruption problems, increases the mistrust people have of officials, and increases Filipinos mistrust of each other. Living in fear someone might decree you or a loved-one as a drug dealer/user, to even a score, because they don't like you, or your political views, is certainly a very effective way to quiet down decent, or opponents alike. How healthy can that be for the psyche of society? 

I don't claim to know the minds of all the Philippine people, what they knew, believed, or liked about Rodrigo Duterte. Maybe he was the lesser of all the evils to pick from. Maybe they weren't voting FOR him, but voting AGAINST opposition, like most elections. Thats my best guess.

Duterte didn't take what you think should have been reasonable first action, so therefore he must be correct in his extreme action. Fuck law and order, take whatever action you want, because some officials are corrupt? The whole world has corrupt officials. Following your logic. All the world should throw out laws and justice, and burn it all down, as the strong man sees fit. That is your argument. P*BFacts&Logicâ,,¢

The lulz, this thread always delivers.

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 29, 2017, 11:03:24 PM
I don't know if you realize this, but the Philippines IS a banana republic. They have not achieved the level we have as far as the rule of law, a level economic playing field, education, opportunity, and all the rest that goes with a modern western country.  

They had a drug epidemic, caused by the Chinese drug gangs.  It was creating death, violence, and poverty.  Options are limited when the police are corrupt, judges are corrupt, and politicians are corrupt.  They don't have The Rule of Law as we know it.  We Americans really need to get off our high horses, stop interfering in the internal affairs of other countries, and let them decide how best to handle their own problems.  If they want our input, they'll ask.

Most third world countries are in worse condition than The Philippines, and have worse leaders.  But we should single out The Philippines because they are our allies and we have a good relationship with them?  If the people of that country don't approve, they will vote for another oligarch next time around. 
Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 29, 2017, 11:55:47 PM
Um, you're the one being sanctimonious here.  And isn't interfering with our government what everyone's pretending to be upset with the Russians about? 

sanctimony
noun
pretended, affected, or hypocritical religious devotion, righteousness, etc.

Obsolete. sanctity; sacredness.

I'm sticking to the facts, provided by their own Constitution that dictates the Rule of Law. Not preaching what I believe from a high horse. It's simply holding officials & politicians feet to the fire. To Uphold the oath they took from their nations. Adhering to the Rule of Law is the foundation that gives nations stability. Which in turn can create a somewhat more level playing field for its people to prosper. Ignoring Rule of Law can have the opposite effect. Giving nations special treatment only encourages bad behavior. I want them to prosper. If other nations are prosperous, they might not seek to migrated elsewhere. Which can save money on building walls, and fighting court cases, and political football arguments ad-nauseam.

I don't seek to interfere with any nations Laws or Due Process, INCLUDING THE USAs. I have to trust in my nations Due Process, even if I don't like or think the outcome is correct. To do otherwise would mean the demise of our Republic as it stands. The USAs justice system isn't swayed by what anyone believes, or what anyone thinks is right or wrong, or what anyone deems as just or unjust. Law Enforcement and Judges do their jobs, showing their work, from whence their opinions come. Outcomes can be appealed multiple times, to be overturned or upheld. With everyone showing their work, as to why, and how they decide the outcome of the case at hand. Do I believe our justice system is perfect? HELL no. On the other hand what endeavor of man is perfect?

You are the one opining from upon high about how other countries need special treatment, letting them ignore their own Constitutions & Laws. You are proposing a equivalent to political affirmative action on a sliding scale, as compared to the USA. They can do as they wish without interference, but that doesn't negate their bad behavior, nor should it negated ones opinion of said behavior.   

Lulz... MOAR!!   

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 29, 2017, 11:03:24 PM
drug epidemic, caused by the Chinese drug gangs

Effects rarely have single causes.

Jackstar

Quote from: Catsmile on May 30, 2017, 04:30:57 AM
sanctimony
noun
pretended, affected, or hypocritical religious devotion, righteousness, etc.

Obsolete. sanctity; sacredness.

It's hard not to be impressed with this schtick you stole from me. Kudos.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2017, 12:13:00 AM
People come to the politics thread with very carefully thought-out beliefs

Jackstar

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on May 29, 2017, 07:41:55 PM
Nope, I simply don't think it's realistic to think that the Clintons had anyone murdered.

How do you support this fanciful delusion? Are you taking any prescribed anti-depressants?

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 29, 2017, 09:21:50 PM
Yeah but did you buckle at the knees like you had been poleaxed and did it require several burly men to keep you from doing a face plant and to flop you into the backseat of a limousine like a gaffed flounder.  If so, getting your affairs in order might be a good idea and you probably shouldn't buy any green bananas.

Maybe it's a tumor.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WOTR on May 30, 2017, 12:15:08 AM
Hello Alice Cooper.  I really don't care if somebody like Trump or Clinton- but using your stage to push your stupid agenda is in poor taste.  "Please pay me $100 to hear me spew my useless views on politics."  But I digress.

The original quote was "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are."

But, it seems recently he gave an interview and expounded.

Cooper weighed in on the subject by bluntly stating, “I absolutely hate it. It’s the worst idea ever. First of all, why do people think rock stars know more than they do? That is the biggest fallacy in the world â€" if anything, we’re dumber. We’re not smarter than anybody else. I mean, why do you think we’re rock stars?”

...“Trust me, we don’t read magazines you don’t read. Nobody calls us up and gives us as inside information on politics. We know less than you do. If I watch TV, it’s Family Guy.”

Furthermore, Cooper believes rock “was built to go as far away from politics as you could get” ...

Anyhow, take it from Alice Cooper- you are a moron for thinking that the opinion of Waters has any relevance.  ;)

Abso fuckin lutely. In the interviews I've seen with AC he comes across as a smarter guy than he seems to be givng himself credit for here. Apparently a very amiable down to earth, likeable bloke who freely admits it worries him some of his fans think 'Alice' is really him all the time. How many rock stars do we know who have been happily married to the same woman over forty years?

The number one sanctimonius prig in the 'I'm a rock god so lsten to my politcs' in my book is the prancing Bono. The moment he opens his mouth telling me I should feed the world some more, after he chartered a private jet to fly a hat of his from the UK to the States, I switch off. The story goes he stood on stage in Glasgow clicking his fingers, and told the throng that each click represented the death of a child in Ethiopa. A bloke in the crowd shouted: "Stop clicking your fucking fingers then!"

I have no problem with helping anyone if through no fault of their own they're the victims of oppression, corruption, starvation and war. But when that cunt rakes in millions a week and lives in tax havens I don't need to be told I should be guilty for my lack of charity.

paladin1991

Quote from: Catsmile on May 29, 2017, 11:50:42 PM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. These rights apply to all human-beings, without a sliding scale.

No Due Process denied Life and Liberty to thousands killed in the Philippines. Which is in direct opposition to the people of the Philippines laws. Spare the world your sanctimony.

Unless, of course, there are assholes that need killing.  If some group unleashes a plague upon your ppl, do you just roll over and offer them your ass?  Or do you go medieval  on them and bring death and desolation to the enemies of your ppl? 
I'll take your answer off the air.

Yorkshire pud

If he can't have real followers, why not buy them?  :-\

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on May 30, 2017, 09:15:06 AM

Unless, of course, there are assholes that need killing.  If some group unleashes a plague upon your ppl, do you just roll over and offer them your ass?  Or do you go medieval  on them and bring death and desolation to the enemies of your ppl? 
I'll take your answer off the air.

Seems harsh to do that on the Trump family firm in the WH, couldn't you just settle for banishment to the North Pole?

Yorkshire pud

Sean Spicy Spicer doing the press briefing now. Or in other words "My boss is next door and watching the telly, I'd better really lay on the sycophancy if I want to keep my job". How does this man sleep at night knowing there's a portrait in his attic slowly disintegrating?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2017, 02:13:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLpqTlMwLLY

Infowars...guess it must be true even though AJ's lawyer said it was performance art. :-\

Wrong thread too.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2017, 02:25:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mpdQUPd0k

Exposed?

Read: Trump thought he'd be cute in inventing a reason to sack him (Re: being disrespectful to Clinton last year), but dropped the real reason in an interview that it was 'The Russia thing'. The problem being, that he'd told the AG and the DAG the day before firing Comey, that he wanted them both to submit a memo asking for Comey to be fired. Dutifully they both did their master's bidding. Oh and Kushner wanted Comey fired too...weird, considering that he had no reason to see him fired having had no political experience.

The DAG pulled a blinder and appointed Mueller as a special counsel, so taking the heat.

Of course, Trump can fire both of them, and maybe will when the questions he doesn't want answered start being asked.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 30, 2017, 02:39:21 PM
Exposed?

Read: Trump thought he'd be cute in inventing a reason to sack him (Re: being disrespectful to Clinton last year), but dropped the real reason in an interview that it was 'The Russia thing'. The problem being, that he'd told the AG and the DAG the day before firing Comey, that he wanted them both to submit a memo asking for Comey to be fired. Dutifully they both did their master's bidding. Oh and Kushner wanted Comey fired too...weired, considering that he had no reason to see him fired having had no political experience.

The DAG pulled a blinder and appointed Mueller as a special counsel, so taking the heat.

Of course, Trump can fire both of them, and maybe will when the questions he doesn't want answered start being asked.

If you're going to respond to a video you should really watch it first otherwise you just look like a big idiot. Actually, there's probably nothing that can prevent that. Carry on.  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2017, 02:42:19 PM
If you're going to respond to a video you should really watch it first otherwise you just look like a big idiot. Actually, there's probably nothing that can prevent that. Carry on.  :D

The title said it all. You go on about so called fake news that shows Trump and his entourage as crooks, yet post a yt video  as empirical fact.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 30, 2017, 02:46:33 PM
The title said it all. You go on about so called fake news that shows Trump and his entourage as crooks, yet post a yt video  as empirical fact.

No pud. You're not psychic or even remotely intelligent enough to be able tell what a video's all about from the title. It's all part and parcel of how you TRY to argue in general. LAME!  ::)

P.S. Facts are presented in the videos but you need to watch them to know that. Keep believing the BBC though, grandpa. ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2017, 02:52:37 PM
No pud. You're not psychic or even remotely intelligent enough to be able tell what a video's all about from the title. It's all part and parcel of how you TRY to argue in general. LAME!  ::)

P.S. Facts are presented in the videos but you need to watch them to know that. Keep believing the BBC though, grandpa. ;)

You need to get your yt reporters to re-title their videos then. They need a hook based on the content. Maybe a bigly one. With sureity.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 30, 2017, 02:57:34 PM
You need to get your yt reporters to re-title their videos then. They need a hook based on the content. Maybe a bigly one. With sureity.

You need a labotomy. You're brain's no good.  :-\

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2017, 02:54:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QD5utREg2A

Lololololol.. before he increases his own wealth? Ha ha.... employs his daughter and son in law who know zero, absolutely zero about government, yet only listens to those two, and you think that Trump has designs on making the US economy better?  ;D ;D