• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pedestrians mowed down on London Bridge

Started by 21st Century Man, June 03, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 01:16:01 PM
They ultimately want your submission. You're doing a fine job of it.

Really? And who the fuck are you?

Oh, hang on, I know. Another know-nothing Yank.

bateman

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 01:19:28 PM

Enjoy living under the caliphate, cuck.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Well we do know one thing Shreddy.  A bunch of your fellow countrymen just got carved up like Thanksgiving turkeys by three fucking clowns with knives.  KNIVES.  To hell with your "leadership," and to hell with ours.  When was the last time they ever did anything effective to ameliorate the situation?  What some of us are talking about is how to save your (and our) wee little asses out there on the street.   

albrecht

The Home Office should designate Islam as a "proscribed terrorist organization." The Department of State should list Islam as a "designated terrorist group." Instead of a religion to be protected it should be considered a seditious political movement. Deport where possible, seize assets, raze mosques and Islamic centers and schools, ban garb, profile, not allow immigration or entry from certain countries or for Muslims generally, and stop selling them weapons and technology. Wean ourselves off their products (oil&gas) and buy from non-Muslim countries, domestic production, alternative energy, etc.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 01:16:01 PM
They ultimately want your submission. You're doing a fine job of it.

The UK didn't submit to the PIRA. Why would they now? PIRA had a spate of blowing things up pretty much every week for months. They even tried killing Thatcher. More than once. Assassination attempts on nearly all the Royal family. Even when US congress and senate wouldn't assist (because they helped fund the PIRA), you didn't see panic or capitulation.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 01:09:59 PM
Terrorists want you to panic, that's their main objective. If you want to give an enemy what they want that's up to you. People like you don't care what action is taken, as long as it seems sufficiently punitive. I notice that all those people who are for the liberty of the individual change their tune at times like this and can't wait to abandon the rule of law and lock people up. Enjoy your fascist utopia over there, we don't want it.

I've seen this from a lot of people over there and it strikes me as a classic bit of British overthinking, the kind of too-clever-by-half stuff you guys used to satirize so well in military contexts.  Their main objective is to appear as a potent force on the international stage to attract recruits and funding, and you are just a prop, your reaction incidental.  You are the target but not the target audience.

Terrorists want you to panic, that's their main objective. If you want to give an enemy what they want that's up to you. People like you don't care what action is taken, as long as it seems sufficiently punitive. I notice that all those people who are for the liberty of the individual change their tune at times like this and can't wait to abandon the rule of law and lock people up. Enjoy your fascist utopia over there, we don't want it.

I don't think anyone is panicking.  And that isn't their main objective anyway.  That ultimately leads nowhere, ''hey, we sure scared them, lets do it again sometime''.  Really?

Let me help you with this, step by step.  Conservatives demand low taxes and a small unobtrusive government.  For that we are attacked, and said to want no government at all.  The truth is we need government to perform certain functions, and national security is at the top of the list.  Followed by defending the rule of law within the country. 

Governments are formed to protect the citizenry.  We hand over a great deal of wealth and power to them to do so - which is grossly misused and otherwise intrusive.  If officials are not willing or competent to fulfill their prime responsibilities, they should resign or be forced from power.

It should be obvious that ensuring people who are a threat do not enter the country is a prime responsibility of government.  It should be obvious that the vetting being done for Muslim immigrants has been woefully lacking.  Providing security - which includes immigration rules - doesn't erode the liberty of the individual, it upholds it.  Its not an abandonment of the rule of law, it is the rule of law.  You keep heading in the direction you're going and you will achieve the fascist utopia you claim to not want.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 05, 2017, 01:39:19 PM
I've seen this from a lot of people over there and it strikes me as a classic bit of British overthinking, the kind of too-clever-by-half stuff you guys used to satirize so well in military contexts.  Their main objective is to appear as a potent force on the international stage to attract recruits and funding, and you are just a prop, your reaction incidental.  You are the target but not the target audience.

I spent a large part of my life knowing that there was a small but real chance that the IRA might have planted a bomb in London where I happened to be. I've been stuck underground during a bomb alert. You certainly learn not to panic in situations like that. All people are doing is following a primitive instinct to act, no matter the consequences, and it is wrong.

Seriously, you Brits have Jihadis right under your noses appearing on TV, for Christ's sake.  There are reasonable steps that can be taken to provide some measure of safety.  The government should be monitoring shows like The Jihadist Next Door for obvious reasons.  It doesn't take a brain surgeon.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 01:22:34 PM
Enjoy living under the caliphate, cuck.

Fuck off. If you get tired, take a five minute break, then continue fucking off. Repeat until you learn to stop sounding like a clichéd ponce.

Good to see you taking time off being the center mouthpiece at a muslim gloryhole!

I thought bellgab was going to have to do an intervention.

You just can't get enough muslim cock in your mouth.

You, the mouth and Ol' Yorkie the ass.  Like two peas in a muslim pod.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on June 05, 2017, 01:51:32 PM
Good to see you taking time off being the center mouthpiece at a muslim gloryhole!

It hardly needs Dr Freud to figure out what's going on with you.

>be in manhattan on 911
>breath in aerosolized skyscraper
>walk by bits of charred meat and fat
>listen to britbong appeal to authority
>"was stuck in a subway during an alert"
>renders an opinion on current events with all the nuance of daytime television
>"know nothing yank"

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 05, 2017, 01:39:19 PM

That's part of it.  Another part is to soften up the target society, who will then appease them and move towards Islamization.  More immigrants, more neighborhoods and towns taken over, slow replacement of current law with sharia.  Right now in Britain and other parts of Europe, there are areas where the police can't or won't go, there are councils set up to dispense sharia law for those who choose it.  Etc, etc.

Various military tactics work in certain situations and times, and don't work in others.  Gandhi's tactics of peace worked against the British, but they wouldn't have worked against, say, Stalin.  Martin Luther King's marches wouldn't have worked in Cuba.  Terrorism would be much less effective in certain parts of the world, because the reaction to it would be much different. 

In war there is material power, and will power.  The US won every battle in Vietnam but lost the war.  We had the military might, but little willpower, the North and the Viet Cong were weak militarily but had enormous willpower.   Britain had no stomach for mowing down Gandhi and his followers, Mao would have had no problem doing so.

The jihadists are very weak as far as military might, but they have willpower.  For example they're still angry and going on about the crusades (when Catholic Europe was trying to reverse Moslem attacks and destruction of the Byzantine empire).  The West doesn't seem to have much willpower to resist the jihadis. 

We've historically fought wars against counties and rebel groups, this is a very different enemy, one with no borders, no capital, no supreme leader.  We're not recognizing the threat, aren't paying attention to it, and have no idea how to respond to it.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on June 05, 2017, 01:59:45 PM
>be in manhattan on 911
>breath in aerosolized skyscraper
>walk by bits of charred meat and fat
>listen to britbong appeal to authority
>"was stuck in a subway during an alert"
>renders an opinion on current events with all the nuance of daytime television
>"know nothing yank"

Let me guess, you're planning to attend a Halloween party dressed as a passive aggressive fuckface and thought you'd try it on early?

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 01:47:47 PM
I spent a large part of my life knowing that there was a small but real chance that the IRA might have planted a bomb in London where I happened to be. I've been stuck underground during a bomb alert. You certainly learn not to panic in situations like that. All people are doing is following a primitive instinct to act, no matter the consequences, and it is wrong.

Tempting as it is, I'll not extol the virtues of panic in the face of the enemy but point out that while you all were keeping calm and carrying on you were also kicking the shit out of the enemy, using some instincts that were very primitive.  I think it's reasonable to ask whether that is being done in this case.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 02:08:27 PM
Let me guess, you're planning to attend a Halloween party dressed as a passive aggressive fuckface and thought you'd try it on early?

Your barbs aren't as witty today.  You need to get a handle on your temper, SV. You might want to try being angry at the incompetence of your government rather than with those of us here.  That actually might be productive.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 02:08:27 PM

Imagine that, wit drying up with reason.

bateman

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on June 05, 2017, 02:18:33 PM
Imagine that, wit drying up with reason.

Give him a few hours to recharge, he just had a good wank to this post so he's tapped out for a while.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2017, 11:57:45 AM
Hell, freaking Morrissey would be a better leader for the UK or London than the idiots in charge now.  At least he is aware of what the problem is.

I'd vote for him. This could be his campaign song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRu9WAA-k

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 02:28:54 PM
Give him a few hours to recharge, he just had a good wank to this post so he's tapped out for a while.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 05, 2017, 02:33:40 PM
I'd vote for him. This could be his campaign song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRu9WAA-k

The Tory and Labour parties are failing Great Britain just as the two parties are failing here.   They need an outsider to straighten things out.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 12:22:41 PM
You don't have to look much further than the WH for someone else who has spoken of restrictions. You think it a good thing that terrorists can use it like you and I?

The internet should remain FREE, you obvious fascist bastard! ANYONE could be a terrorist. Some of them communicate through letters. Maybe we should stop all mail too? Some of them have been known to talk directly to each other. Let's make it illegal for people to talk to each other without government permission, right pud?  :D ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2017, 12:27:27 PM
It's a slippery slope.  Just how much should a people sacrifice for security?  I don't have the answer just posing the question.

Grow a fucking spine! ::)

Dr. MD MD

Really?! They seem to just keep doing it in spite of your stupid stiff upper lip approach. I think the next step for your country will be mass suicide where you do the jihadists work for them.  ;)