• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

It seems to me that Giuliani tried to throw Trump under the bus. Why would he go on Fox and state that Trump came to him to help him draft a Muslim ban? This is what the 9th district judges are using as a basis for striking this down. I know people give him credit for cleaning up NYC but I've thought he was a weasel ever since 9/11, which I'm sure he at least had advanced knowledge of.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 10:11:45 PM
... This is what the 9th district judges are using as a basis for striking this down...

So much for going by the law.

Every hack Lib judge uses some excuse for their illegal rulings.  It sounds like for this case, they used that.  Pathetic.  Pathetic and impeachment worthy.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 09, 2017, 10:16:51 PM
So much for going by the law.

Every hack Lib judge uses some excuse for their illegal rulings.  It sounds like for this case, they used that.  Pathetic.  Pathetic and impeachment worthy.

Lets bring it on!

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 09, 2017, 10:27:25 PM
Lets bring it on!
What can be done about the corrupt cucks that have (just) left office?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chefist on February 09, 2017, 07:11:43 PM
Jeff's on the job now... Always hope...

He's going to have to clean house first. Too many seditious insiders still left in the DOJ. The ones conspiring behind the scenes with their alt-gov accounts.  ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 09, 2017, 10:01:33 PM
Because in Obama's rush to get as many future Democrat voters in as possible, the sloppy vetting couldn't have possibly let people in who shouldn't be here?

I realize the courts claim to have jurisdiction over anything that is brought before them, but a line needs to be drawn at some point.  They simply do not have Constitutional authority over this.

Yeah if you read the decision the government apparently tried to make the same case you're trying to make -- that in the name of national security the president can do basically anything.  How in heaven's name they thought this wouldn't be like waving a red flag to a bull is beyond me.  That's why I suspect most of this is political theater.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 09, 2017, 10:43:18 PM
Yeah if you read the decision the government apparently tried to make the same case you're trying to make -- that in the name of national security the president can do basically anything.  How in heaven's name they thought this wouldn't be like waving a red flag to a bull is beyond me.  That's why I suspect most of this is political theater.

No, you're the one who's being hyperbolic. They're not claiming he can do ANYTHING. However, the constitution clearly states the president can stop immigration for matters of national security if he deems it necessary. It doesn't say anything about any judges having to verify that. If so, share it here and enlighten the rest of us.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 11:08:47 PM
No, you're the one who's being hyperbolic. They're not claiming he can do ANYTHING. However, the constitution clearly states the president can stop immigration for matters of national security if he deems it necessary. It doesn't say anything about any judges having to verify that. If so, share it here and enlighten the rest of us.

I know that parsed order.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 11:08:47 PM

Haha what else does "not reviewable" mean?  It means the courts have no jurisdiction, therefore the pres can do anything.  That was the government's position.

And it's not all immigration that's at stake; it's people who've been granted permission already.  The administration recognized the order was too broad already by granting waivers to all those people and pointing out that relatively few were inconvenienced.  They're arguing against themselves at this point.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 09, 2017, 11:23:58 PM
Haha what else does "not reviewable" mean?  It means the courts have no jurisdiction, therefore the pres can do anything.  That was the government's position.

And it's not all immigration that's at stake; it's people who've been granted permission already.  The administration recognized the order was too broad already by granting waivers to all those people and pointing out that relatively few were inconvenienced.  They're arguing against themselves at this point.

I wasn't saying it was all immigration only that it could be if the president deemed it necessary. And yes, the courts have no jurisdiction over this as it's stated.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 09, 2017, 11:23:58 PM

How would non-citizens outside the country, have standing, let alone due process?

K_Dubb

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 09, 2017, 11:30:03 PM
How would non-citizens, outside the country, have due process or even standing?

They were granted the right to it with their visas or permanent-resident status.

Meister_000

Preping for SNL? -- Feb. 9, 2017
Rosie O'Donnell tweets photo of herself as Steve Bannon ;-)

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on February 07, 2017, 04:35:11 PM
I dare you to ask her to make you a sandwich first.  ;D

Before or after Pankration sex?

paladin1991

Quote from: Got to love an Aston on February 08, 2017, 05:00:14 PM
With thanks to Robin Williams, a Compassionate Conservative is the owner of a Volvo with a gun rack.  ;)

That's my Volvo V70!

paladin1991

Quote from: Got to love an Aston on February 09, 2017, 12:55:21 PM
I was quoting the title dumbass.

I'm curious pud.  Do you participate in any British forums?  You sure spend a lot of time here.  Maybe we could all join you on one of your forums....and troll the shit out of you there like you do us here?

What great fun that would be.

Quote from: Justin Time on February 10, 2017, 03:23:01 AM
I'm curious pud.  Do you participate in any British forums?  You sure spend a lot of time here.  Maybe we could all join you on one of your forums....and troll the shit out of you there like you do us here?

What great fun that would be.

I'm sure Pud would appreciate some expertise from the former colonies regarding British royalty and Parliament just as we appreciate his "expertise" on the Constitution and all matters of American politics.  I say that with tongue firmly in cheek. :D

Meister_000

OMG! -- already, It Begins
new Attorney General Jeff Sessions (head of DOJ) tweets on his swearing-in day, Feb. 9, 2017:

"I'm advising you to stop spreading fake news and false accusations. I will shut down hateful people like you."

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 07:10:19 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the actual opinion of the 3 judges from the . . . 9th Circuit!
* this guy linked from Volokh's blog thinks there might actually be a conspiracy (Trump actually didn't want his EO to stand:)
https://lawfareblog.com/does-trump-want-lose-eo-battle-court-or-donald-mcgahn-simply-ineffectual-or-worse

Yup. And thanks for the Lawfare blog link, good article (and, he covers 2 or 3 possible explanations).

WildCard

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 10, 2017, 03:49:15 AM
OMG! -- already, It Begins
new Attorney General Jeff Sessions (head of DOJ) tweets on his swearing-in day, Feb. 9, 2017:

"I'm advising you to stop spreading fake news and false accusations. I will shut down hateful people like you."

Well that's funny as hell.  "Shut it down." kek.

But Talcum X?! Are you fuckin kidding me?!

I will vote for Doctor Evil before any candidate that panders to BLM. If the Democratic party so much as mentions BLM, I'm changing my party to The Legion of Doom.

And could we all start using the r-word more. I just saw the most delicate flower on bellgab use the word cuck. If everyone and everything is racist, nothing is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FYz-zMZrA

Quote from: WildCard on February 10, 2017, 04:36:48 AM

But Talcum X?! Are you fuckin kidding me?!

I will vote for Doctor Evil before any candidate that panders to BLM. If the Democratic party so much as mentions BLM, I'm changing my party to The Legion of Doom.

And could we all start using the r-word more. I just saw the most delicate flower on bellgab use the word cuck. If everyone and everything is racist, nothing is.

The insane thing about that Toronto pride ban is that the BLM STOPPED THE PARADE, yet they ban the police for actually showing support.  Look at the pictures, the police are wearing rainbow ribbons and everything.  The cops have shown nothing but support. 

"The group, who criticised the event’s alleged “anti-blackness”, only agreed to let the parade continue when Pride Toronto organisers signed a “contract” that commits to more funding for minority events and the removal of police floats at future Prides.".  -pinknews.co.uk

So these assholes "allowed" the parade to continue, and the parade organizers cowered to them.   
FUCK BLM.  They should be treated as terrorists and exterminated.

And whoever uses the word "cuck" is the least original person on this forum.  That person is nothing more than a follower, sheep.

Meister_000

Quote from: WildCard on February 10, 2017, 04:36:48 AM

. . . .If the Democratic party so much as mentions BLM, I'm changing my party to The Legion of Doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FYz-zMZrA

She's great, thanks. (MyNameIsJosephine)

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on February 10, 2017, 05:02:28 AM

And whoever uses the word "cuck" is the least original person on this forum.  That person is nothing more than a follower, sheep.

Boy you got that right. They can only parrot what they hear elsewhere. Such as #winning, as if they need to convince/reassure themselves, even though Trump's WH has been nothing but a major clusterfuck of chaos and infighting.

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on February 10, 2017, 05:02:28 AM
... "The group, who criticised the event’s alleged “anti-blackness”, only agreed to let the parade continue when Pride Toronto organisers signed a “contract” that commits to more funding for minority events and the removal of police floats at future Prides.".  -pinknews.co.uk

So these assholes "allowed" the parade to continue, and the parade organizers cowered to them.   
FUCK BLM.  They should be treated as terrorists and exterminated...

When people point to the thugs and rioters as the New Fascists and refer to them as Brownshirts, it's not just rhetoric. 

This has been going on here in San Francisco / Oakland / Berkeley since at least the 1980s.  It began as a coalition of various groups holding joint riots.  At some point it was revealed they were under the funding and direction of ''Solidarity International''.  When that turned people off it became ''Occupy Wall St''.  When that turned people off the name changed to ''Black Lives Matter''. 

Acorn used to be at the heart of it, now those same people have reformed under various groups funded by George Soros.  The whole idea that everyone is peaceful except for the actions of ''a few people from out of town'' is exactly backwards.  What is really going on is those people and some others are at the core of this, they are able to attract misguided easily led younger people to plump up the numbers and use them to hide behind and make the attacks look like something other than what they are.

Lt.Uhura

Not BLM (it's Utah), and not Antifas (it's not Berkeley, but Utah!) These are regular folks and they are pissed. These raucous townhall meetings will set the tone for mid-term elections, and serve as a reminder the Senate works for the people, and not the other way around.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/318869-protesters-swarm-chaffetz-town-hall

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 10, 2017, 07:39:24 AM
Not BLM (it's Utah), and not Antifas (it's not Berkeley, but Utah!) These are regular folks and they are pissed. These raucous townhall meetings will set the tone for mid-term elections, and serve as a reminder the Senate works for the people, and not the other way around.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/318869-protesters-swarm-chaffetz-town-hall

The ''Progressives'' have seized the Democrat Party and either control it completely or have tremendous influence in it in most states.  Even Utah. 

The easily led rank and file party members don't even realize their party has been stolen, and that it has gradually changed over the past 15 years to what it has now become.  Thankfully most people see it and have voted Democrats out of office at the state and national level. 

In other words, these people don't represent us, regardless of how ''pissed'' they are, or how many riots they throw.

The ''Progressives'' are trying to make the country ungovernable so Trump can't undo what needs to be undone, or to do what he was elected to do.  It's an outrage.

CornyCrow

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/donald-trump-s-feud-nordstrom-sparks-warnings-ethics-experts-n719141

"Around the globe, and especially in developing countries with weak government institutions, leaders frequently become enmeshed in scandals for allegedly mixing personal business with their public duties . . .

Over and over again, you see this pattern of populist leaders, often democratically elected, who use the power of office to enrich themselves, their families and their cronies, . . .

This is the behavior of a Mafia don defending his turf, not the president of the United States,
A tipping point came Thursday morning, when Conway gave what she said was a "free commercial" for Ivanka Trump's clothing line . . .

The Republican National Committee, for example, warned during the campaign that Clinton would be compromised if she became president and left her daughter, Chelsea Clinton, on the board of her foundation because donors might try to buy access with charitable gifts. Now Trump and his staff appear to be openly promoting his daughter's private business, which benefits her directly . . .
Watchdog groups have accused Trump of violating the "emoluments clause" of the Constitution â€" which bars presidents from receiving benefits from foreign governments â€" by maintaining a stake in hotels and other businesses that can do business with actors abroad . . . "

Trump really needs to consult with others before he puts his big foot in his mouth.  If he had added Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to his list of countries he could more easily have claimed that the ban was for security purposes, and not religion.  Because there are Trump businesses in those two most dangerous, radical, violent countries, (who have attacked us and currently train and fund more attackers) he omitted them from his list and because of this, we are admitting what might be terrorists into the country.  What a self-serving schmuck!  I kept warning people that his main goal was money for the family coffers and now, judging from his moves, that's proving to be true.  God, his main motivation through most of his life has been making money.  It is almost impossible to break such habits at his age.   

Quote from: Segundus on February 10, 2017, 08:04:32 AM
...  I kept warning people that his main goal was money for the family coffers and now, judging from his moves, that's proving to be true...

So of all the things Trump has done in his first several weeks in office, his aide making an offhand comment about Nordstrom's cowardice is what stands out for you?  Really? 

. . . "Let the jury consider their verdict," the King said, for about the twentieth time that day.
"No, no!" said the Queen. "Sentence firstâ€"verdict afterward."
"Stuff and nonsense!" said Alice loudly. "The idea of having the sentence first!"
"Hold your tongue!" said the Queen, turning purple.
"I won't!" said Alice.
"Off with her head!" the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. Nobody moved.
"Who cares for you?" said Alice. (She had grown to her full size by this time.) "You're nothing but a pack of cards!"

Meister_000

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 10, 2017, 07:38:39 AM
When people point to the thugs and rioters as the New Fascists and refer to them as Brownshirts, it's not just rhetoric. 
This has been going on here in San Francisco / Oakland / Berkeley since at least the 1980s. 
It's not just rhetoric it's Bullshit. I've lived IN San Francisco for 37 years, since exacly 1980. Fact is, there was nary a whimper of protest or activism of ANY KIND to speak of in the SF Bay Area during that *entire* 37 year period _except_ a few flare-ups around the time of Occupy and a couple in the last 2 or 3 years over police killings of Blacks both nation-wide and locally. You are completely full of shit. [and I was a teenager in the late 60's so I know/remember what Real protest-times look like!]