• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quick Karl

I can't say that I have ever been Hoagland's greatest fan when he has been a guest on the idiot's show or with Art, but I think he is 100x better as a radio host and he sure seems to have a wealth of knowledge.

It would be nice though, if his callers weren't calling him just to be assholes - give the guy a break and don't be jealous because he got the gig and you didn't.

And, who is the mental case that was stalking him last night - kinda reminds me of Yorkshire pussy...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 15, 2015, 11:35:16 AM
I can't say that I have ever been Hoagland's greatest fan when he has been a guest on the idiot's show or with Art, but I think he is 100x better as a radio host and he sure seems to have a wealth of knowledge.

It would be nice though, if his callers weren't calling him just to be assholes - give the guy a break and don't be jealous because he got the gig and you didn't.

And, who is the mental case that was stalking him last night - kinda reminds me of Yorkshire pussy...

I'm amazed by it all. I never bought Hoagland's theories in the slightest and thought I would HATE his show. But it turned out to be a perfect mix of campy delivery and intelligent commentary. Now I look forward to Hoagland's show as much as I do Art's. It's like living in the Twilight Zone. Art's back and better than ever and Hoagland turned out to make for a compelling radio host. Freaky, but I'll take it.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 11:57:00 AM
I'm amazed by it all. I never bought Hoagland's theories in the slightest and thought I would HATE his show. But it turned out to be a perfect mix of campy delivery and intelligent commentary. Now I look forward to Hoagland's show as much as I do Art's. It's like living in the Twilight Zone. Art's back and better than ever and Hoagland turned out to make for a compelling radio host. Freaky, but I'll take it.

I feel the same way...I subscribed even! They really have late night fully covered...why would anyone listen to C2C is beyond me....

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on August 15, 2015, 11:59:04 AM
I feel the same way...I subscribed even! They really have late night fully covered...why would anyone listen to C2C is beyond me....

I subscribed too. I listened for hours and hours last night while I was editing. Dark City, MITD, Hoags, it was fantastic listening. Best $10/month I've ever spent. C2C is not even on my radar now.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 12:02:16 PM
I subscribed too. I listened for hours and hours last night while I was editing. Dark City, MITD, Hoags, it was fantastic listening. Best $10/month I've ever spent. C2C is not even on my radar now.

The posts on GNS have gone down to a trickle...he has become irrelevant...

I totally agree with you BRILLIANT combination Art & RCH

Quote from: Anthony Barnett on August 15, 2015, 12:05:59 PM
I totally agree with you BRILLIANT combination Art & RCH
I wish i could locate RCH sound track..

dan7800

I am too surprised by the quality of RCH's show. I was really against him getting a show and couldn't stand it when Art interviewed him.

On weekends, I might give C2C a try if Knapp is hosting, but that is about it. Now, 12-5 est fully covered for me (When I can stay awake).

These are good times we are living in friends.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 11:57:00 AM
These kind of "testimonials" could form the basis of a very effective Hoagie Other Side promo campaign! 

Quote from: Étouffée on August 15, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
These kind of "testimonials" could form the basis of a very effective Hoagie Other Side promo campaign!
Excellent posting buddy and the science aspect is good also...thats my attraction.

Has anyone signed up for the webinar 'Modern Knowledge' conference in Canada tomorrow ' all day' for $20. Check it out. I'm in... ;D

Quick Karl

Where do you subscribe to Hoagland?

ItsOver

Hoagie is perfect for that time of the night and following Art.  Now if I could only stay up that late. 

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on August 15, 2015, 02:07:00 PM
Hoagie is perfect for that time of the night and following Art.  Now if I could only stay up that late. 

Totally agree. I hit a wall at 3:45 or so.

coaster

last night, did Richard's stalker say "I'm going to get you motherfucker"? I vaguely remember something like that, but surely that can't be. If he knows the guy personally,  I'd suggest getting a restraining order.

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 03:33:11 PM
last night, did Richard's stalker say "I'm going to get you motherfucker"? I vaguely remember something like that, but surely that can't be. If he knows the guy personally,  I'd suggest getting a restraining order.

Something to that effect.  He definitely used that verbage.  RCH just broke out laughing hysterically, covering up the rest of the call.

Quick Karl

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 03:33:11 PM

I would suggest getting a .45 and learning how to be proficient with it.

coaster

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 15, 2015, 03:42:28 PM
Something to that effect.  He definitely used that verbage.  RCH just broke out laughing hysterically, covering up the rest of the call.
There was a link someone posted last night to a thread at abovetopsecret, that supposedly detailed the guys problem with hoagland, but I can't find it.

coaster

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 15, 2015, 03:46:42 PM
I would suggest getting a .45 and learning how to be proficient with it.
Yes, yes, you're a badass. We get it. Nothing at all wrong with mowing down the mentally ill. Hi five, clint eastwood.

AppealPlay

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 03:51:51 PM
There was a link someone posted last night to a thread at abovetopsecret, that supposedly detailed the guys problem with hoagland, but I can't find it.

Oh, yes.  If you could find that link I would very much appreciate it.  I'll go look as well.

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 03:51:51 PM

Thinking about it further, I think it was more like "I'm going to sue you mf'er."  He had made a call a few minutes earlier claiming he had started court proceedings to sue Hoagland in a couple of months.

coaster

Quote from: rtz on August 15, 2015, 01:49:06 AM
Found the Stalker thread?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread778133/pg1
Think this was the link I saw last night.
Something about codes hidden within the show UFO Diaries. I don't understand any of it. It really does sound like the ramblings of a mad man.

K_Dubb

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 04:27:52 PM
Something about codes hidden within the show UFO Diaries. I don't understand any of it. It really does sound like the ramblings of a mad man.

Happy reading!  Short version:  Uncle Hoagie sold secret Mars images to the Russians, presumably in exchange for torsion-field technology.  IMO Hoagie got the better end of that deal; makes 007 look like a stumblebum.

zeebo

... C2C is not even on my radar now.

Except for maybe an occasional weekend guest-host show, same for me.  I've been Noorie-free for like three mos. now and it feels great.  So much good and original content out there I find these days I'm not even curious what the Pizza Roll Prince has scheduled.

Herakles

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 04:27:52 PM

Yes it does not make any sense at all.

Interesting too that the Gary guy I think was mentioned on some Art Bell shows in the early years with RCH, he had this website / radio show Mars Revealer as the article stated.
Hoagland did appear on his radio show from time to time, from what I recollect.

I reckon they clearly had some disagreement and this guy has never got over whatever it was, so has been a thorn in Hoagie's side ever since.

But this code thing is just bizarre! and the idea RCH would cover up other faces on mars etc... is just funny in the extreme, when Hoagie is talking about Archologies all over the solar system and an Elenin Space Ship!  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 15, 2015, 04:12:33 PM
Thinking about it further, I think it was more like "I'm going to sue you mf'er."  He had made a call a few minutes earlier claiming he had started court proceedings to sue Hoagland in a couple of months.

I can't remember exactly either, but I think it was "Richard you mf'er, I'm going to sue your a$$ off" and then Richard started laughing and cut him off. I remember liking how Hoagland handled it.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on August 15, 2015, 04:46:23 PM
Except for maybe an occasional weekend guest-host show, same for me.  I've been Noorie-free for like three mos. now and it feels great.  So much good and original content out there I find these days I'm not even curious what the Pizza Roll Prince has scheduled.

Yeah, there's just plenty of stuff to listen to now. And it's what Noory wanted anyway, he said he wanted his haters to stop listening. Well, they are moving on. So everyone's happy now.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 05:04:39 PM
Yeah, there's just plenty of stuff to listen to now. And it's what Noory wanted anyway, he said he wanted his haters to stop listening. Well, they are moving on. So everyone's happy now.

Just out of curiosity, having heard hoagie for a while, could you see yourself finding enough common ground for a decent conversation with him?  I mean, you're both futurists in way with different visions.  It's all speculative, so who's right and who's wrong wouldn't really be the issue.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 15, 2015, 05:11:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, having heard hoagie for a while, could you see yourself finding enough common ground for a decent conversation with him?  I mean, you're both futurists in way with different visions.  It's all speculative, so who's right and who's wrong wouldn't really be the issue.

I could if we left Richard's research off the table and focused on the future. I don't know if that's possible, since my vision would have direct negative implications on his theories. Technologically advanced societies do not build glass domes on the moon. Hell, an advanced nanotechnological society doesn't even need an atmosphere or any kind of structures at all. They would just appear as a cloud deck covering the surface of their world.