Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

SergeantMajor

Right Mikey, they’re there, everywhere, we can’t see em

Aquarius

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 02, 2018, 03:36:19 PM
Alrighty then, looks like your gyroscopic nav isn't broken after all... ???

Oh, sorry, I guess my quick retort, meant to playfully mirror his snarky reply to me was misinterpreted. Perhaps I wasn't clear.

My gyroscope is intact, actually quite in the center, which reflects my political views as well. I am fed up with both the far right and far left, Republicans and Democrats, Conservatives and Liberals, and any other groups which identify by facile labels and have come to exist mostly to hurl invectives and insults at each other. I mourn the loss of balanced dialogue among Americans of all views and opinions, and of the desire to TALK to each other and work through some kinds of compromise agreements in which no one wins everything but all of us win most of what we desire. It's do-able, even in fraught circumstances, if there's a willingness on all sides to really LISTEN to others' points of views with respect and than TALK things through for everyone's benefit. But we are so polarized these days, and imho everyone holds equal accountability for the mess we're in. The simple either/or, black/white paradigm just ain't working for any of us any more.

And now I'm bowing out of any further comments on politics, most especially because this is not a thread devoted to politics.

Whew!  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: SergeantMajor on July 02, 2018, 09:51:25 PM
Right Mikey, they’re there, everywhere, we can’t see em

It's nice to see you SergeantMajor  :)

K_Dubb

Shooting the chat?  I always heard "chewing the fat", but maybe it's a regional thing.

SergeantMajor

Thank you Brig! Always a pleasur3 to read your posts

SergeantMajor

He constantly mixes his metaphors...if your not in someone else’s shoes you shouldn’t throw rocks...what does that mean?

SergeantMajor

Honestly, did Vara have a stroke at some po8nt? It would explain the slurred speech, weird comments and rambling.

SergeantMajor

Guess I’ll see who Dave has on

Sean92008

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha.

People send her money?

What? To keep her off "the air?"

Sean92008

Quote from: WildCard on July 02, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
bart el predicted this
Maybe a letter?  Since Mushmouth Michael referenced a letter tonight...

Aquarius

Quote from: SergeantMajor on July 02, 2018, 10:00:42 PM
Honestly, did Vara have a stroke at some po8nt? It would explain the slurred speech, weird comments and rambling.
That or drugs? Just speculating...

Aquarius

Quote from: WildCard on July 02, 2018, 10:07:13 PM
bart el predicted this
He did... and he knows how to keep his cards close to his vest, as it were...

Heater has upped the ante from 15 million to 20 million Art Bell listeners.  He didn't have 20 million listeners per night, dingbat, he had 15 million per week at his peak - which is 3 million per night.

The population of the US in the late 1990s was around 200 million.  One person in ten - men, women, and children were not listening to the radio every night.  To a radio show that started at 1am on the East Coast, 10 pm West Coast.

''Boy'', didn't happen.  ''And well...'' why do they need to lie about it?

Bounder

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 02, 2018, 10:14:03 PM
Heater has upped the ante from 15 million to 20 million Art Bell listeners.  He didn't have 20 million listeners per night, dingbat, he had 15 million per week at his peak - which is 3 million per night.

The population of the US in the late 1990s was around 200 million.  One person in ten - men, women, and children were not listening to the radio every night.  To a radio show that started at 1am on the East Coast, 10 pm West Coast.

Boy, didn't happen.  And well... why do they need to lie about it?

Joseph Campbell called it folklore.

Wait till you hear what they're saying about Art 100 years from now.

Pizzapunch

When people are literally paying for your show, you think that one would have the courtesy and appreciation to tell in advance when she won't be on the air. They are freaking out on her Facebook page and it's beautiful.  I'm glad we have our professional Dave.

Keef did her a favor not allowing the use of ''the wormhole''. 

That was horrible from first time they used it.

Quote from: Pizzapunch on July 02, 2018, 10:17:13 PM
When people are literally paying for your show, you think that one would have the courtesy and appreciation to tell in advance when she won't be on the air. They are freaking out on her Facebook page and it's beautiful...

It's a class operation all the way

Bluejay

Quote from: Pizzapunch on July 02, 2018, 10:17:13 PM
When people are literally paying for your show, you think that one would have the courtesy and appreciation to tell in advance when she won't be on the air. They are freaking out on her Facebook page and it's beautiful.  I'm glad we have our professional Dave.

Sean92008

Any interesting screen shot sharing coming up?

Bounder

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 02, 2018, 10:25:35 PM
Any interesting screen shot sharing coming up?

Yes, anything?  Please?