• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Protests in Charlotte, North Carolina

Started by mikuthing01, September 20, 2016, 10:05:34 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 24, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
Charlotte Officials To Rioters â€" Anyone Caught Looting Will Have Welfare And Food Stamps Revoked For Life

http://baltimoregazette.com/charlotte-officials-rioters-anyone-caught-looting-will-welfare-food-stamps-revoked-life/

I'd say that threat is largely hot air and probably illegal as it's a federal program.  ;)

I'm with you guys. I don't know how you can make that threat either. Still the news is funnier than any form of entertainment these days.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 24, 2016, 07:12:19 PM
I'm with you guys. I don't know how you can make that threat either. Still the news is funnier than any form of entertainment these days.
I never gotten any of those give-aways but I think some of them, like SNAP and "Section *", are Federally Funded but administered by the States (and also administered by merchants (not all place accept it those most grocers and convenience stores do because it is "free" money for them.)) So a State, I think, could implement some "disqualification" say if convicted of a felony or a certain class misdemeanor. Drugs are also an option that some States disqualify and others don't. So this could be possible.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/snap/12-State_Options.pdf
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2016, 07:11:27 PM
Obama will have step into this now as I'm pretty sure it's still a federal program.
Funded but not administered though (see my other post) but I'm sure if the change was deemed "discriminatory" or not following the law, the Feds would step in or the Courts would.

I wonder how you would institute this for the supposed 70% of out of state instigators?

I just think it's hilarious this even came up as an idea. How many people are going to have their careers destroyed for even coming up with this pragmatic logical idea?

GravitySucks

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 24, 2016, 07:07:05 PM
http://baltimoregazette.com/charlotte-officials-rioters-anyone-caught-looting-will-welfare-food-stamps-revoked-life/

Novel idea but when 70% of the people arrested are from out of state, it seems to be lacking teeth.

Surprised noone has called them racist for assuming black people that riot must be on food stamps and welfare. What about the ones that are being paid to be there?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 24, 2016, 07:26:43 PM
Novel idea but when 70% of the people arrested are from out of state, it seems to be lacking teeth.

Surprised noone has called them racist for assuming black people that riot must be on food stamps and welfare. What about the ones that are being paid to be there?
If they were paid that would be a source of income and also another reason they could be taken off the various government give-away programs.

paladin1991

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 24, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
Charlotte Officials To Rioters â€" Anyone Caught Looting Will Have Welfare And Food Stamps Revoked For Life

Well, that'll do it.  The thought of having to get a fucking job and support their own asses will sober them the fuck up.  I can hear the malt liquor bottles dropping in the streets, as they hurry the fuck home to hide in their subsidized housing, from here.

paladin1991

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 24, 2016, 07:23:52 PM
I wonder how you would institute this for the supposed 70% of out of state instigators?

I just think it's hilarious this even came up as an idea. How many people are going to have their careers destroyed for even coming up with this pragmatic logical idea?

Maybe we could just cut their hands off.  You know, like other countries do.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 25, 2016, 12:53:17 AM
Maybe we could just cut their hands off.  You know, like other countries do.

We're going in the opposite direction of those grandma fucking sand heathens, son!  >:(

How was that? I feel like I really capture your essence.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on September 25, 2016, 01:10:49 AM
I usually try to stay balanced (at least a little.)  And I do understand the history of oppression and do feel that in some ways, history does contribute to a feeling of hopelessness.  I do get that things are still not completely "fair."

That said- when I actually heard Obama giving a speech while opening the museum of African American history and culture, my jaw hit the floor.  And if I were African American, I think I might be even more upset that he said the things he did while opening up a museum dedicated to my culture.

He actually makes an excuse for Ferguson and NC and almost says that it is no big deal.  Apparently, keeping the history and culture in mind- it should help keep the riots in perspective.

"And so this museum provides context for the debate of our times, it illuminates them, and gives us some sense of how they evolved, and perhaps keeps them in proportion. Perhaps they can help a white visitor understand the pain and anger of demonstrators in places like Ferguson and Charlotte."

I actually do think that I can at least grasp a small amount of the pain and anger... What I don't grasp is the speech that was given.

You can read the whole speech here... I found much of it distasteful.
http://time.com/4506800/barack-obama-african-american-history-museum-transcript/

My thoughts exactly. Half a billion dollars probably could've made some real, significant change for some black folks lives but no, they get a fucking museum instead. That would make me want to riot (not that I'm advocating that).  ;)

Anyway, I actually started a thread about the museum. You should cut and paste this over there too.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2016, 01:47:03 AM
My thoughts exactly. Half a billion dollars probably could've made some real, significant change for some black folks lives but no, they get a fucking museum instead. That would make me want to riot (not that I'm advocating that).  ;)

Anyway, I actually started a thread about the museum. You should cut and paste this over there too.

And risk the wrath of MV for multiple postings?!?  OK.  ;)

Aha... I found a way around MV's silly rules.  Remove the first post, let your quote of it stand here, and then copy the post over to the other thread.   ;D  the troubles I go through to stay on MV's good side.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 24, 2016, 07:10:27 PM
I'd say that threat is largely hot air and probably illegal as it's a federal program.  ;)

I am no expert on welfare and food stamps, but I believe those benefits are paid for at a state level.

Does anyone else wonder how there is room for millions of shiftless "Dindus" to live rent free (while doing God knows what) inside the heads of a dozen or so Bellgabbers?  Asking for a friend.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on September 25, 2016, 02:26:51 AM
I am no expert on welfare and food stamps, but I believe those benefits are paid for at a state level.

I'm not totally sure myself but I know it's a federal program, so the funds/stamps are issued federally but they're distributed at the state level, of course. In terms of how much control a state has over how the funds/stamps are distributed, I don't know. However, if they start using them as a political wedge then I'm sure Obama will step in.

WOTR

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 25, 2016, 02:47:12 AM
Does anyone else wonder how there is room for millions of shiftless "Dindus" to live rent free (while doing God knows what) inside the heads of a dozen or so Bellgabbers?  Asking for a friend.
Please inform your friend that the answer involves a vacuum... Pvac = Patm − Pabs

laserjock

I went steady with a few different dindos and almost married one (a career choice and a lot of tears moved us apart). So if I married a Dindo, would that make me a DooDoo?

You freaking racist fascist morons.

As far as welfare, about something like 90% of welfare recipients across the nation are cracker white. And many of THEM are on Meth. Go figure. Oh, buuut the dindus are the real evil, the mudkings, right?

Once you've fallen in love with a black girl and seen things through her eyes, it changes you. You bleed red just like they do. You have a heart and circulatory system identical to theirs. You shit stinky poo just like them. Stop putting down your FELLOW human, like it or not, you come from the same origins, the same ancestors, so get a grip, racists.

WOTR

Quote from: laserjock on September 25, 2016, 05:23:52 AM
I went steady with a few different dindos and almost married one (a career choice and a lot of tears moved us apart). So if I married a Dindo, would that make me a DooDoo?

As far as welfare, about something like 90% of welfare recipients across the nation are cracker white. And many of THEM are on Meth. Go figure. Oh, buuut the dindus are the real evil, the mudkings, right?

Once you've fallen in love with a black girl and seen things through her eyes, it changes you. You bleed red just like they do. You have a heart and circulatory system identical to theirs. You shit stinky poo just like them. Stop putting down your FELLOW human, like it or not, you come from the same origins, the same ancestors, so get a grip, racists.
I'm going to be brutally honest with you...  If you found BG hard to take before (and I think you did) you are really not going to like it now.  Nothing against BG- but it has taken on a slightly harder edge...

Anyhow, have fun this time around- but I have a feeling that it is going to get ugly.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on September 25, 2016, 02:26:51 AM

Oh? Something else you know jack shit about? Tell us again about how you believed Corbyn was potentially your hero until you had your arse handed to you to tell you he wasn't.

It is funnier each time you mention it.

Anyone not know, look up the Corbyn thread KoK started.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 25, 2016, 02:47:12 AM

Its easy oh Ghosty one; your 'friend' can be assured they have room because their skulls are bereft of anything else. It begs the question how so many of these dog whistle yappers have the time to be on here almost 24/7 if they're also being 'murican' and going out earning a living to be more 'murican' like their hero Trumpy trump. Your friend shouldn't be alarmed.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2016, 01:02:27 AM
We're going in the opposite direction of those grandma fucking sand heathens, son!  >:(

How was that? I feel like I really capture your essence.  :D

Son, is that your warface?  Pick that up fm the toddler across the street did you?  I'm not convinced.  Work on it.

paladin1991

Quote from: laserjock on September 25, 2016, 05:23:52 AM

I'm confused.  Are we racists or fascists? Or does it matter what thread you post in? 

Imconfused

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on September 25, 2016, 02:28:20 AM
Should have picked our own cotton.....

The whole world is built on cotton!

(except the wheel,  they didn't invent that)