• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
George Noory: Give it up. Did you know the late actor Fred Gwynne did an adaption of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" in a radio play and did it correctly. Listening to you recite it was painful. Flat. Empty. Fred Gwynne you are not, George. Make the listener "feel it" as well as hear it. Noory, you can't do that.

What a putz. Hearing Noory recite Poe is like hearing someone with no substance try to "act." George Noory sucks. So bad. In that he thinks he is "good" at anything.

From George Noory himself. How his mother taught and drilled him hard in baseball that he was so good. Despite the fact that Harvey S. Lowery High School, its school newspaper ("The Lowery Light"), its yearbook ("Futorian") or any of the major weekly newspapers in the Dearborn, Michigan from 1965 to 1968 had ZERO press about George Noory the standout baseball player and athlete. It must have been in his own mind and the lies of his mother, huh?

Sound byte played back. Unaltered. This is what Noory claimed. February 2, 2016. Who taught him to lie and try to deceive? Maybe his mother at a young age. Since Noory claims something his high school records cannot confirm.

Like mother, like son -- bold faced lies. She got her son ready for the top levels of the professional ranks -- even though no proof can be found to support Noory or his mother's "facts" inflicted on the public.

I think George Noory loses track of reality. In this case, confusing himself with the actor Kurt Russell. Who I understood had major league potential. But playing second base, got "stepped on" trying to turn a double play and got his knee's ACL torn out. Hard to fix in those days. Ending his ability to play in MLB. Hence going into theater and acting, instead.

Did you know George Noory was so good at baseball and played "so much of it" that his high school has no record of him doing it? Sound byte attached, with his own words. How true is this person? With no press of him doing anything, but now claims he was on another level, supposedly?

From April 19, 2014. Noory claims he was "that good" despite his high-school records not confirming it.

ShayP

I still want to see what Noory's restaurant was all about.  I know it's name.  There's not much online.  I want to see the menu.  He blames the change in traffic patterns for it going belly up.  That is possible.  However, if you have a really good place people will come no matter where you are located.

Quote from: Here We Go Again on July 08, 2017, 05:37:09 PM
Did you know George Noory was so good at baseball and played "so much of it"...

I wonder how much baseball he played that wasn't in his backyard.  Oh, right, none.

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 08, 2017, 06:42:25 PM
I wonder how much baseball he played that wasn't in his backyard.  Oh, right, none.

I'd like to make a Strat-O-Matic card for George.  ;D

Dateline

I discovered these two fun Norry baseball facts:

1.  His mother would always strike him out.

2.  He played only wiffle ball.

And, on another note remember baseball cards?  You would buy those and get some hard gum to chew.  We should be vintage and create a new kind of trading cards.  We could manufacture "host cards".  You can trade them, collect them, or throw darts at them.  You can collect your favorite hosts, J.B. Wells, Alex Jones, and Falkie.  The Norry card is redundant.

ShayP

Quote from: Dateline on July 08, 2017, 10:46:21 PM
We should be vintage and create a new kind of trading cards.  We could manufacture "host cards".  You can trade them, collect them, or throw darts at them.  You can collect your favorite hosts, J.B. Wells, Alex Jones, and Falkie.  The Norry card is redundant.

LOL!  Noory would be the card you'd get in almost every pack.  If you tried to collect the set you would have 20 Noory's and none of your friends would trade with you.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and collected pack by pack to get a set.  I used to get this guy all the time.

I had so many of his cards.  I just threw them away.  George Noory is the Wayne Nordhagen of talk show cards.  ;)  :D   Sorry Wayne.   :-\  ;D

Quote from: ShayP on July 08, 2017, 10:57:14 PM
LOL!  Noory would be the card you'd get in almost every pack.  If you tried to collect the set you would have 20 Noory's and none of your friends would trade with you.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and collected pack by pack to get a set.  I used to get this guy all the time.

I had so many of his cards.  I just threw them away.  George Noory is the Wayne Nordhagen of talk show cards.  ;)  :D   Sorry Wayne.   :-\  ;D

This was the one I always got one year.  I don't know how many Enzo Hernandez cards they put out that year, but I think I got them all

Juan Cena

Quote from: Here We Go Again on July 08, 2017, 02:42:04 PM
Last night, George Noory has another "mother story" that's probably just as credible as what he aired a few years back. Did you know George Noory was taught and trained in the sport of baseball by his mother? Yes, his mother. Did you know Noory claims he played a lot of baseball and it was one of the things he was "very good at" in life?

Have any of you read his recent autobiography "Mad As Hell"? Does he even mention how he spent so much time in playing baseball and was in line for a major-collegiate scholarship? How he stated he was once "forced" to choose between a baseball career and pre-dental or broadcasting?

Does he mention in his book his mother as the one who got him so good, he even sought a tryout for the major-league Detriot Tigers? Then we heard the "chance encounter" story -- but why didn't that woman's husband who claims to be some "loyal listener" ask Mrs. Noory to confirm the "George Noory, outstanding baseball-player story"?

What happened there? I'm sure Mrs. Noory is an honest person and would tell a straight story. Like explaining what her son stated. Being so very good at the sport he was basically on another level compared to other boys -- thanks to her training and tutelage.

Yet, Harvey S. Lowery High School in Dearborn, Michigan, has no record of George Noory playing any sports. No listing on the "Men's Varsity Club" roster. Zero evidence he played so much baseball as he claims and never seemed to land a spot on any Polar Bears team.

Ask Mrs. Noory that. I'm sure she remember those days when her son was so good at baseball he had "major-league potential" due to her own coaching and drilling. Ask her. 

Just as good, all you fools who bought into that "live event" in Everett, Washington and were even asked by George Noory to bring your bought copies of "Mad As Hell" for a signing. Please stop and ask -- "Um, George, you bragged on-air that your mother taught you baseball and you were some standout player in school. Um, George, how come the autobiographical book doesn't mention that?, nor does your school have any record of you playing ANY sports? How come requests to confirm that were made to members of your Class Of 1968 online and NONE of them would confirm your ball playing? Can you explain that?

Did you check the girl's softball team roster?

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 08, 2017, 11:04:46 PM

This was the one I always got one year.  I don't know how many Enzo Hernandez cards they put out that year, but I think I got them all

I wonder what the system was?  I guess keep the stars to a minimum to make you buy more packs, and flood the rest of the set with cards like we noted.  LOL!

Ahhhh good times.  I used to love collecting cards back then.  8)

ItsOver

Ha!  Jorch sounds like a Wayne Nordhagen sort of guy.  :D  And looks like the Mario of baseball

You guys are terrible. And I mean that in a good way. You beat me to posting the Major-League Baseball trading-card thing. I was going to do it weeks ago, but seeing the above posts had me dropping everything to get this "important task" done.

After much searching, yes, I found George Noory's 1969-season, Major-League Baseball Detriot Tigers "Rookie Card." Yes, that's him, all right.And he hasn't aged a day since then. I ponder how much that would fetch on Ebay? Or when the "Coast To Coast AM" website posts it -- or, as I requested of them, any clippings of Noory's supposed "baseball prowess" in his school days to back up his claims made on-air. So far, they have not. So, at least, I can offer them this. (Sorry it wouldn't allow me to post the jpeg or other image for display here sans weblink).

Quote from: ItsOver on July 09, 2017, 09:24:32 AM
Ha!  Jorch sounds like a Wayne Nordhagen sort of guy.  :D  And looks like the Mario of baseball

Doesn't it appear with Noory's batting helmet that the ear flap is on his right side? Meaning he bats lefty at the plate? It appears he is gripping the bat lowest with his left hand over the right as well. Does that mean Noory is left-handed? But it seems he is standing in a right-handed batter's pose for the photo op. You got me in what is going on there.

I don't think anyone has asked him that yet. If he is a lefty. Remember Ian Punnett's bit about that "right-handed, left-handed" thing years ago. Maybe Noory failed to get a piece of any soft pitches that day because he forget what side of the plate to stand while batting?

ItsOver

Quote from: Here We Go Again on July 09, 2017, 10:04:38 AM
Doesn't it appear with Noory's batting helmet that the ear flap is on his right side? Meaning he bats lefty at the plate? It appears he is gripping the bat lowest with his left hand over the right as well. Does that mean Noory is left-handed? But it seems he is standing in a right-handed batter's pose for the photo op. You got me in what is going on there.

I don't think anyone has asked him that yet. If he is a lefty. Remember Ian Punnett's bit about that "right-handed, left-handed" thing years ago. Maybe Noory failed to get a piece of any soft pitches that day because he forget what side of the plate to stand while batting?
Jorch looks goofy in just about ANY pose.  I get a laugh from this one with how he's stiffly leaning to one side, as in the Jorch Leaning Tower of Pizza Roll,  ;) , he's holding the bat in an odd manner, much like some kind of big toothpick, the long shirt makes his body look out of proportion, and, of course, he has the usual dimwit expression on his face.  He certainly doesn't look like a natural at baseball, let alone any sport.  ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on July 09, 2017, 10:13:43 AM
Jorch looks goofy in just about ANY pose.  I get a laugh from this one with how he's stiffly leaning to one side, as in the Jorch Leaning Tower of Pizza Roll,  ;) , he's holding the bat in an odd manner, much like some kind of big toothpick, the long shirt makes his body look out of proportion, and, of course, he has the usual dimwit expression on his face.  He certainly doesn't look like a natural at baseball, let alone any sport.  ;D

And nothing like an experienced player who shows up for batting practice wearing...blue jeans? I hope that MLB invites George Noory to the All-Star Game's "home-run derby" and see him knock them out of the park!

I think Noory makes up such stories to try and impress celebrities. Yes, like that film "The Natural" with Robert Redford. Who, I understood, was indeed a "natural" in his younger days in baseball and earned a full-collegiate athletic scholarship to the University Of Arizona at Tempe. He apparently was even being scouted by the major leagues -- but his heavy drinking and partying cost him his scholarship. He ended up doing what so many do when they can't do anything else -- go into theater.

Odd how Noory claimed his real passion was for theater. Yet, despite his self-professed "major Hollywood connections," he has yet to land an acting gig. Now I can see as he is age 67 and realizes his "big break" will never come, using those live events to "act" like he is some major entertainer and singer in front of the fools who buy into such bullsh*t "major events," as Noory calls them.

"Major events?" Only in Noory's own mind are such piddly stage shows qualify for being "major events." Sometimes, I can't help but feel bad for that guy and his delusions. If such as me are "losers" in his view, I'd hate to think what he is. A sad, pathetic person who I feel is so bitter about his own failures he can't wait to "take it out" on anyone who comes along and calls him out for being the untalented, narcissist and deceiver he no doubt is.  

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on July 09, 2017, 10:13:43 AM

The proportions are closer to our four-legged friends. (Picture a dog or a cat in a human shirt) His belly is more a primordial pouch. Not to worry, he can still knock over chairs with his "back feet" and eat with his front paws. Its not easy being a quadraped in a bipedal world.

Quote from: Here We Go Again on July 09, 2017, 10:04:38 AM

How many left handed second basemen are there?  How many are right handed in the field, but bat left?

I'm thinking his mother knew he'd be more valuable as a left handed hitter and have an easier path to the bigs, so from an early age she had him practice that. 

Dateline

Keeping with the all-American spirit of the favorite pastime, some caller should call in and ask Norry to recant some of his favorite major league stories.  Maybe as a free giveaway, he could send an autographed baseball.

Better yet, someone in Detroit needs to contact the publicity department of the Tigers, and suggest they hold a  Norry day to honor the second baseman with 0.00 batting average.

Norry could throw out the first pitch and arrive a la flying saucer.  It don't get better than that.   To capture the moment even further, he could sing the national anthem. 

Now, if any of this comes true, I expect a cut on the ticket sales or Norry's fee as his unauthorized agent.  The typical industry standard will do me just fine and keep me in cheese.

Dateline

One last suggestion, Ma Norry can be a special guest of honor and lob a ball as the second pitch of the day.

Lord Grantham

I'm just down the block from Comerica Park, I'll pop over one of these days and check out the new museum. I'll post some pics of me and the Noory statue.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 09, 2017, 11:37:57 AM
How many left handed second basemen are there?  How many are right handed in the field, but bat left?

I'm thinking his mother knew he'd be more valuable as a left handed hitter and have an easier path to the bigs, so from an early age she had him practice that.

Based on the stories of the tranny lawyer from Kentucky, maybe he is a switch hitter.

ShayP

Why hasn't Noory thrown out the first pitch for any baseball teams?  Tigers, Cardinals, even the Dodgers since he's in LA half the time.  They'll let almost anyone do it.  He's a radio "celebrity."  It would be a boon to have Noory throw out a first pitch at one of the venues.  Wouldn't it?

In fact, it would give me a lot of pleasure to hear Noory do play by play for one inning.  He'd have to be able to pronounce all those different names though.  Think of the fun it would be to hear Noory give these players a nickname of his choosing.

For the Tigers...Leading off in the bottom of the 5th...Firstbaseman...Micky Cabriola!   (Actually his name is Miguel Cabrera, but you guys get the picture)  ;)

Quote from: ShayP on July 09, 2017, 12:59:24 PM
Why hasn't Noory thrown out the first pitch for any baseball teams?  Tigers, Cardinals, even the Dodgers since he's in LA half the time.  They'll let almost anyone do it.  He's a radio "celebrity."  It would be a boon to have Noory throw out a first pitch at one of the venues.  Wouldn't it?

In fact, it would give me a lot of pleasure to hear Noory do play by play for one inning.  He'd have to be able to pronounce all those different names though.  Think of the fun it would be to hear Noory give these players a nickname of his choosing.

For the Tigers...Leading off in the bottom of the 5th...Firstbaseman...Micky Cabriola!   (Actually his name is Miguel Cabrera, but you guys get the picture)  ;)

Yes, with that listener base, one would think a George Noory Day at the ballpark is in order.  Throwing out the first pitch, National Anthem, sitting in on play-by-play for an inning or two, the $1 Noory Dog with extra mustard, a Noory bobblehead giveaway...

I'm thinking an old fashioned letter writing (email) campaign by his fans to the Dodgers to get this done...

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 09, 2017, 01:21:49 PM
Yes, with that listener base, one would think a George Noory Day at the ballpark is in order.  Throwing out the first pitch, National Anthem, sitting in on play-by-play for an inning or two, the $1 Noory Dog with extra mustard, a Noory bobblehead giveaway...

I'm thinking an old fashioned letter writing (email) campaign by his fans to the Dodgers to get this done...

We're on to sumthin' PB.  ;)  We could contact Danheiser/Wagner entertainment and set up a meeting with the baseball muckety-mucks.  Noory could sing the National Anthem.  What a great honor for his years of Naval service.  We'll need sponsors though.  I propose the bobble head has half of a mustache and is sponsored by Totino's.   :D   We also could identify ourselves as PB&Shay LLC.   8)   ;D

Dateline

As a side attraction, there must be a red-carpet area for pics with the celebrities.  I will come costumed in my PreRat suit with samples of cheese, probably as a photography assistant.  "Say Cheese." 

Maybe he should also throw out a "Red Rubber Ball."

Ohhhhhh, "Take Us Out To The Ball Game.. .

I could also see some type of pre-game celebrity inning or two with the Coast regulars, Doc Wallet, Peter Davenport, Mr. Skye, you could get nine together.  Norry will have to show what Ma taught him, and I especially want to see that knuckleball sail over the plate.   Danhouser will be the catcher.  Linda could be the bat girl.

My bitch was Tom Veryzer.  Lord knows how many of these cards I pulled.   It was crazy

He played for the Tigers prior to his time in Cleveland.    If I close my eyes I can still hear Ernie Harwell:

"Hard smash to short........  It's off the glove of Veryzer and on into center field"  A guy named Trammell came along
and filled the position for the next 18 years, so it was see ya for Veryzer.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 09, 2017, 12:11:24 PM
Based on the stories of the tranny lawyer from Kentucky, maybe he is a switch hitter.
Ouch. What is the skinny on that lawsuit and situation? I know a restrainer order was made but unclear on details and who initiated the legal actions.

ps: I think the Norry baseball game-day folks are discussing is an excellent idea. He could also bus in "loyal listeners" and "frequent callers" to a cheap seat section. Like the movie "Couch Trip" where the fake doctor took all his nutty clients to a Dodgers game.

WOTR

Quote from: Here We Go Again on July 08, 2017, 04:02:43 PM
George Noory: Give it up. Did you know the late actor Fred Gwynne did an adaption of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" in a radio play and did it correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTxyN0gUZFI

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on July 08, 2017, 07:53:58 AM
Jorch has many talents?  I don't think I'd include serving as a fill-in celebrity parade rider, choking on pizza rolls, and parading on a stage as a lounge lizard as talents.

Every time I see that and watch the piece of paper peeling off to reveal the name of the celebrity who did not make it, I smile...
Quote from: ItsOver on July 08, 2017, 07:58:55 AM
I believe you need a wishing machine for the Mack truck option.
In the video for the vortex wand, he does say that it "helps" his other products to make them even better.  Perhaps if I use the vortex wand before the wishing machine I can go for a grand piano falling out of the sky right above his towel on the beach in the Bermuda triangle?  Certainly doctor Jim Colonic would not endorse a product unable to manifest grand pianos?