• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Nick el Ass

Quote from: wotr1 on May 23, 2015, 03:31:19 AM
But why would RCH jump from 2 million gullible listeners who may attend his seminar or buy is crap to jump to MITD with what? Say 50 000 more intelligent, skeptical listeners?

Add to that the fact that even Art is not 100% sure that he can make a go of it and you have to figure the math says that if it is one or the other that you would have to chose the one where you are going to make some $$$ from the cat ladies who still tune into coast and might buy what you are selling.

The best case scenario is that Coast just admits that there is room for both and does not try to put conditions on guests appearing on Coast (there is no non-compete contract for guests- but I can see them threatening if they can...)

I'll take quality before quantity, and if anything happens Dave will let him come back if he crawls in on his hands and knees begging for a little something. I agree with the last part, but chances are they want to be the only show in town trying to cash in on Art with the older shows. I guarantee you that is why most people sign up for the downloads on the C2C site, and when Art comes back they will jump ship too. The rats like Hoagland will be first to try. Art has a lot of fans and followers, and I have no doubt he can succeed. It will take a lot of work, but the man built C2C from the ground up too while Dave had it handed to him... and added 200 affiliates then lost 10 million listeners.

WOTR

Quote from: nbirnes on May 22, 2015, 11:44:01 PM
I wonder if there is even one sweet virgin here?
If not, I believe that taintco makes a product to help...

(Would you believe that I have been reading a blog about the worst things for sale on the internet?  And yes, this is an actual product sold on amazon.)

Paradox

Quote from: wotr1 on May 23, 2015, 03:52:12 AM

(Would you believe that I have been reading a blog about the worst things for sale on the internet?  And yes, this is an actual product sold on amazon.)
Now that is one of the most bizarre products I have ever seen.  Do you think it is basically hemorrhoid cream?

WOTR

Quote from: Paradox on May 23, 2015, 03:58:26 AM
Now that is one of the most bizarre products I have ever seen.  Do you think it is basically hemorrhoid cream?
People wonder why I use a VPN?  I don't see why the NSA needs to know that I am searching the internet to find the active ingredient in vaginal tightening cream...

Anyhow, it turns out that it is a glycerin based gel with the active ingredient being a potassium alum compound, also known as “Dridhranga,” “Sphatik,”' or “Argilla Vitriolutum”.  Apparently, they claim that this ingredient causes skin cells to swell.  Needless to say, the FDA has not looked into these claims.  You can read more at
http://www.medicaldaily.com/virgin-18-again-vagina-tightening-cream-claims-mineral-compound-offers-better-sex-306458

WOTR

I'm seriously done now... I cannot continue as this whole thing is just too bizarre when you start looking at it.  Would you believe that there is a commercial in India for this exact product (again, I'm not joking...)  I particularly like the end with the senior citizen lady logging on to buy some...

I realize that I am derailing an Art Bell thread- but it was only meant as a short, one liner joke in response to a post- and now I am at three of four...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX3n-B6G-E

paladin1991

What?  18 and a virgin?  Bwhahahhahahahahah!  Here?  Try 12 and a virgin and you might catch a few, at least here in the PRC.  18?  Hahahahahaha.

BobGrau

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 23, 2015, 04:19:41 AM
What?  18 and a virgin?  Bwhahahhahahahahah!  Here?  Try 12 and a virgin and you might catch a few, at least here in the PRC.  18?  Hahahahahaha.

It means 18 millimeters  ;)

BobGrau

I just want to apologise for that last post. And probably the next.

paladin1991

Quote from: wotr1 on May 23, 2015, 04:16:59 AM
I'm seriously done now... I cannot continue as this whole thing is just too bizarre when you start looking at it.  Would you believe that there is a commercial in India for this exact product (again, I'm not joking...)  I particularly like the end with the senior citizen lady logging on to buy some...

I realize that I am derailing an Art Bell thread- but it was only meant as a short, one liner joke in response to a post- and now I am at three of four...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX3n-B6G-E
*Channels Denzel Washington*

Okay son, listen to my voice and keep your eyes on me.  No!  don't look at the keyboard.  Look at me.  Look.  At. Me.  I know you're scared.  Okay.  Okay. That's okay. Scared, that's okay.  But we can't be scared right now.  That's for later.  Yes, okay, just look at me.  You can be scared later.  Later, we'll both be scared.
That's right.  Now slowly, I mean, slooowly, take your fingers fm the keyboard.  Okay, okay.  One finger at a time.  Good.  Good.  That's good. 
See?  We're doing this. Now slowly, ease out of your chair and come to me.  Slowly, caaaaarefully.  You're doing great. 
NO!  DON'T LOOK BACK.  Keep coming.  that's right, keep coming into the iight of day.  Gooood.....take my hand now.
Gooooood.   Okay, hang on tight.  I'm going to pull you into the light.  Hang on now   Annnnnnd, there. 
it's okay, to be afraid now, we're done.  It's okay. Sh-sh-sh-shssssssss.  Yes.  It's okay.  It's good now.  That's right.  You can be scared now.  It's alright.  Yessir.  It's alright.

paladin1991

Quote from: BobGrau on May 23, 2015, 04:29:35 AM
It means 18 millimeters  ;)
You can apologize to the sissy pants around here, but not to me.

https://youtu.be/aTR-Q7c8SjY

Nick el Ass

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 23, 2015, 04:19:41 AM

Any younger, and Chris Hansen is the company spokesman... maybe Noory needs a new sponsor.

BobGrau

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 23, 2015, 04:35:53 AM

You can apologize to the sissy pants around here, but not to me.

https://youtu.be/aTR-Q7c8SjY

I refuse to apologise for apologising. I mean, I used the metric system for god's sake...

Skunk Ape

Quote from: onan on May 23, 2015, 12:16:37 AM
Not anymore. And 50 bucks might be a bit excessive.

Ah it was only 30 last time I looked. I did notice the $11 shipping and handling though, I guess they ship it along with a cinder block.

Queen

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 23, 2015, 02:25:39 AM

Awww, cheer up. Art will be back soon... and you don't want to miss that.

I dont have internet. I just get get 1 gig of data a month on my phone

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NIN3 on May 23, 2015, 01:34:52 AM
I miss barbara simpson and hilly rose.  I wonder who snoory had to suck to get arts radio show??

I liked Barbara.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: NIN3 on May 23, 2015, 07:36:38 AM
I don't have internet interweb. I just get get 1 gig of data a month on my phone

Fixed

Quote from: MV on May 23, 2015, 11:02:35 AM
I liked Barbara.

Hilly, Barbara and Rollie were all decent host, I thought.

laserjock

I dislike Rollye myself partly because of her politics. 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: NIN3 on May 23, 2015, 07:36:38 AM
I dont have internet. I just get get 1 gig of data a month on my phone

Just be a Falkie, and beg someone to give you an internet.

aldousburbank

Quote from: laserjock on May 23, 2015, 11:58:19 AM
I dislike Rollye myself partly because of her politics.
If political agreement was my standard for liking anybody I would have offed everyone years ago.

laserjock

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 23, 2015, 12:22:56 PM
If political agreement was my standard for liking anybody I would have offed everyone years ago.

I don't like listening to diatribes that are political and wrong headed.  If you like listening to things that annoy you, good for you.  But I don't like having wrong headed ideas shoved down my throat.  I also don't like political diatribes that I agree with, I just don't like politics.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 23, 2015, 11:51:40 AM
Hilly, Barbara and Rollie were all decent host, I thought.
Yes, they were.  Why, oh why did it have to be Dave?

wr250

Quote from: laserjock on May 23, 2015, 12:35:51 PM
  If you like listening to things that annoy you, good for you.  But I don't like having wrong headed ideas shoved down my throat.
just like the ones that lissen to nooron nightly?

I don't like listening to diatribes that are political and wrong headed.  If you like listening to things that annoy you, good for you.  But I don't like having wrong headed ideas shoved down my throat.  I also don't like political diatribes that I agree with, I just don't like politics.

Like this post for example?

Aren't you the one on this thread who's always going on about 'right-wingers'?

SciFiAuthor

This product creates more questions than it answers. As a male, I'd be deeply concerned about going into something slathered in "shrink cream".

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: wotr1 on May 23, 2015, 03:05:54 AM
I had missed your posts- it's good to see you back.

I know where you are coming from with Hoagland.  I used to make fun of him and dread his Coast appearances with Dave.  What a waste of time.  I also found myself wondering why Art would bring him on when he was doing Dark Matter. 

While I cannot say that I buy any of what he was selling, the interview itself was one of the best (of that short run.)  It demonstrated clearly the difference between a show hosted by Art and one hosted by Dave.  Same guest, completely different shows.

I question if he will be on MITD.  I can see Coast telling him that while they only cut him off for a few months last time he made the appearance that they will permanently delete him from the guest list if he dares to join Art again.  Knowing that even Art has said that this show is a gamble, I don't know if he would be willing to financially risk loosing the audience that Coast has...

Anyhow, welcome back.  I'm sure there are a number of people who are questioning their sanity and their judgement after having enjoyed that interview.

It really was a fantastic interview. I bet Hoagland shows up on MITD. The one thing about Hoagland that I've noticed is that he doesn't really push his book or anything anymore. He promotes his website, but if he really needed to make money he'd be writing five books a year, putting them up on Amazon and then hitting the radio circuit promoting them and selling 20k copies per appearance. I think he made his money and is just out having fun now. Could be wrong though, he may well be living in a shabby trailer park in New Mexico hocking the armitron to get by until the next appearance with Dave as "science adviser".

aldousburbank

That's funny, I've always received great pleasure from your wrong headed diatribes. To each his own I guess.

Paradox

Quote from: wotr1 on May 23, 2015, 04:09:32 AM
People wonder why I use a VPN?  I don't see why the NSA needs to know that I am searching the internet to find the active ingredient in vaginal tightening cream...

Anyhow, it turns out that it is a glycerin based gel with the active ingredient being a potassium alum compound, also known as “Dridhranga,” “Sphatik,”' or “Argilla Vitriolutum”.  Apparently, they claim that this ingredient causes skin cells to swell.  Needless to say, the FDA has not looked into these claims.  You can read more at
http://www.medicaldaily.com/virgin-18-again-vagina-tightening-cream-claims-mineral-compound-offers-better-sex-306458
Thank you so much.  I never expected you to actually check it out.  I was going to google it later and see what I could see.  And *duh* of course you would want the tissue to swell and the hemorrhoid cream would do the opposite.  Not thinking clearly on that one.

I apologize for derailing the thread and report myself.

I will now go castigate myself.

Roswells, Art

If that were true with me I would have stopped listening to MV's radio trainwreck. Wow do i ABSOLUTELY disagree with his stances back then HOLY CRAP do I! But he is interesting to listen to and makes me laugh. Also he was able to give me an understanding of the other side's view of nuclear power so that is good. I should have put this in another thread though and no I'm not starting a new thread dammit.

CornyCrow

Quote from: MV on May 23, 2015, 11:02:35 AM
I liked Barbara.
Was she that right wing announcer whose daughter beat her up?