• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on March 13, 2013, 01:24:23 AM
Wheres the second half guest tonight? I just tuned in and its open lines?
as has happened before with a first time UK guest, Noory's staff couldn't reach the guest by phone at the scheduled time.
but they managed to reach him after a half-hour, so Noory only did open lines for a half-hour until then, the guest came on for the last 90min.

Juan

I suspect George, Tommy and the geniuses at Cheap Channel forgot that the US and UK don't go on daylight savings time at the same time.

When George wanted to know what would happen when the Earth looked like Mars, waterwise, and the guest laughed, and George said "We'd be toast." and the guest laughed again, I had to laugh out loud. I'm afraid I woke the neighbors.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 13, 2013, 04:00:32 AM

When George wanted to know what would happen when the Earth looked like Mars, waterwise, and the guest laughed, and George said "We'd be toast." and the guest laughed again, I had to laugh out loud. I'm afraid I woke the neighbors.

That's the one that cracked me up too, the guy was outright laughing at Georgie.  Then when he said use rocks and the guy laughed again and said, yes George, they would use less water than grass. 

John Smith

OMG what HORRIBLE radio last night with Nigel Kemer. Kemer just rambled-on in a stream-of consciousness rant with Snorge doing very little to reign-in or control the interview.  Terrible guest.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Doomed on March 13, 2013, 01:22:03 AM
His family tree looks like a light pole?

Snorry's family tree probably looks more like this.

The Snoorge knows all about rocks. It's what he's got in place of brains.

As an aside, I was watching an episode of The Bionic Woman and the people on an Air Force base got their minds taken over by a space rock ( same one that power's Snoory's mind ? ) and what got me it turned dark and they were shambling along using flashlights. All government issue too. They were LIKE zombies but not the kind that eat people. First time I ever saw zombie types using flashlights.

They're running episodes of that, The Six Million Dollar Man, Banacek, and Charlie's Angels on Cozi along with one of my all time favorites, I Spy.

Hmm, Snoorge and Tommy as world travelling spies for the turmeric cartel. Snoorge's cover is ... masquerading as a talk show host.

Naaaa. It would never work.

Why, Spy ?
;D

May the late, great Robert Culp's soul and spirit rest in peace. He and Coz were so cool, maybe even cooler than Napoleon and Illya whom I also loved. So sad that Culp died of a heart attack while taking a walk.

Here Culp talks about working with Cosby and how much fun it was to do the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l0ET-eBbL8

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Juan

I do have to say, though, that I enjoyed the caller who was near the end of the show.  She was piling up her exercise equipment against her front door to keep "them" - presumably the soul-stealing space aliens - from getting into her apartment.  Then she revealed that she had been given an eviction notice because she was running around with a hammer and making threats.  She said that she planned to hit "them" - presumably the soul-stealing space aliens - with that hammer.

sNoory cut her off, probably because she was the most entertaining call of the night, to ask the guest if one could actually hit a soul-stealing space alien with such a hammer.

George Noory sucks.

Kaiborg

I know that we already know this, but I stumbled upon the "proof" that you might find interesting.  My apologies if it's already been posted. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_Communications#Use_of_paid_actors_posing_as_callers

and the full referenced article at
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/58759/radio-daze

lonevoice

Quote from: Maxwell on March 12, 2013, 11:38:18 PM
You'd think the host would get the name of his own show right.  But we're talking about George here.

Oh my.  That's bee on the bleef!   I wouldn't have bleefed it if I hadn't heard the audio evidence.  Thanks for today's first good laugh, Maxwell.

ufogadfly

Apropos (yes, proper usage) of nothing recent, but I just remembered one that floored me last week.
Guest Paola Harris stated that France had done 800 nuclear bomb tests in the Pacific. This apparently didn't strike disGeorge as an excessive number because he made no comment on it.
I did some quick checking and came up with a figure of under 200. And only just over 200 if you count tests in other locations.
Maybe he simply has no concept of that many tests. Or wasn't listening.
He could have said something like, "That number seems a bit high."
He seldom challenges anything a guest says, even in a mild way, unless it goes against his own views. And sometimes not even then, though that would make for an interesting exchange.

Pragmier

He does insist on the existence of a creator ad nauseam.

Sardondi

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 13, 2013, 10:27:10 AM
I do have to say, though, that I enjoyed the caller who was near the end of the show.  She was piling up her exercise equipment against her front door to keep "them" - presumably the soul-stealing space aliens - from getting into her apartment.  Then she revealed that she had been given an eviction notice because she was running around with a hammer and making threats.  She said that she planned to hit "them" - presumably the soul-stealing space aliens - with that hammer.

sNoory cut her off, probably because she was the most entertaining call of the night, to ask the guest if one could actually hit a soul-stealing space alien with such a hammer.

NEWS ITEM
"...announced today that three Sheriff's Deputies were seriously wounded by a woman wielding a hammer. The deputies had been attempting to execute a lawful writ of eviction based on the woman's threat's to beat neighbors' heads in, plus her failure to pay rent for the past year. Deputies noted the woman seemed to be taking instructions from George Noory, the host of the overnight radio talk show CoasttoCoastAM. Readers may be more familiar with the program's original host, radio legend Art Bell, who resigned that chair in 2003, since which time ratings seem to have fallen quite a bit.

"It appears that as deputies were trying to make entry into her apartment, the woman called Noory on-air, claiming that aliens were attempting to enter and take her away. Noory, over the air, told the woman to block the door and then 'hit them in the head' with her hammer if they came in. Which the woman proceeded to do. After being tasered into jello, the 300-pound woman was heard laughing at the wounded officers, saying, 'Ya'll ain't no aliens! But George Noory told me to hit you in the head with my hammer, so go talk to him!'

The District Attorney, speaking with a reporter for The News, said, 'What kind of idiot tells an obviously deranged woman with a hammer to hit someone in the head?! Was it just a big joke to Mr. Big Shot radio talkshow host? I don't know, but I'm going to find out, because Noory is going to get a subpoena to next month's grand jury.' "

Juan

Ha.  I see you've spent time in city and misdemeanor courtrooms, too.  Peace warrant days were always my favorite.  Even better than temporary hearing days in divorce courts.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on March 13, 2013, 02:48:04 PM

NEWS ITEM
"...announced today that three Sheriff's Deputies were seriously wounded by a woman wielding a hammer..."

This is wonderful!

You really should write some stories about your time as a federal prosecutor. I've asked you before, and you know how things go when Chew Mouse becomes Mad Mouse.

But seriously, I'm certain you've got some amazing stories in that head of yours.

coop

Watch George go on with his Petttrrrrusss Rrrrrromanuuuusss rant tonight!    :(

coop

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on March 13, 2013, 12:27:23 AM
Angus is in the cattle business - LOL!
And Fishman is an expert on water??  You can't make this stuff up.

That's hilarious!!!

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Kaiborg on March 13, 2013, 12:00:19 PM
I know that we already know this, but I stumbled upon the "proof" that you might find interesting.  My apologies if it's already been posted. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_Communications#Use_of_paid_actors_posing_as_callers

and the full referenced article at
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/58759/radio-daze

That was an interesting read. I was looking at the comments from the second article and heres one someone posted two years ago.
"Very intriguing and eye-opening article. I too have no doubt whatsoever that the trainwreck of a show, Coast to Coast a.m., utilizes paid voice actors to call in and speak with the incredibly dim-witted, incompetent George Noory. This show needs to be completely scrapped and re-built from ground zero. A wonderful concept for talk radio which has gone wrong on so many levels it would take a couple of pages to effectively convey."   
Why am I not surprised?

MV/Liberace!

sorry to cross post, but wanted to make sure everyone knows...

i believe youtube embedding is fixed on the forum.  when you post the url of the video, remove the s from https.  the s seems to break it for whatever reason.

ziznak

yeah but without the "S" it's no longer secure!!  be careful gabbers

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on March 13, 2013, 06:32:43 PM

he's joking.  i think.

LAM4:2

All we need is the Numbers lady to call in tonight and discuss how the new Pope was elected on the 13th. The Fatima apparitions happened on the 13th of each month, see it's the number 13 it's all 13.

ufogadfly

Quote from: LAM4:2 on March 13, 2013, 09:29:25 PM
All we need is the Numbers lady to call in tonight and discuss how the new Pope was elected on the 13th. The Fatima apparitions happened on the 13th of each month, see it's the number 13 it's all 13.

I know! I know! Finally, someone else who sees this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

ziznak

Quote from: ziznak on March 13, 2013, 06:32:43 PM
http://www.ecommerce-web-hosting-guide.com/what-does-http-stand-for.html
its the secure http like when you log into your bank... I don't know how much security we need when we post youtube links... probly none. 

so it was automatically adding https:// to the youtube links as the default? when we add pics it always puts just http://

Quote from: LAM4:2 on March 13, 2013, 09:29:25 PM

argentinapope also has 13 letters.

George Drooly

How many times per night does George say "of course" when introducing a guest, mentioning their book or product, or reading a news story? Not only is his use of the phrase often inappropriate (Hey Nooron, it implies familiarity... not something you should assume with first time guests, etc.) but his overuse is rendering it meaningless. Fool.

Maxwell

Quote from: George Drooly on March 14, 2013, 12:18:40 AM
How many times per night does George say "of course" when introducing a guest, mentioning their book or product, or reading a news story? Not only is his use of the phrase often inappropriate (Hey Nooron, it implies familiarity... not something you should assume with first time guests, etc.) but his overuse is rendering it meaningless. Fool.
He just said, "Let's go next to, of course, Julio on our Skype line."

popple

Someone didn't copy+paste his q-cards right  :o

When ever Jorch mentions skype I think of that one time he said something like we can see you so make sure you have clothes on. He made it sound like someone he was talking to was naked before. He was giggly.

George Drooly

Either tonight or last night, can't recall (not like it makes a difference from one show to the next) -- I swear I heard the Nooron mis-name his own "TV" show as "Beyond the Belief"... it should be called "It Beggars Belief" what with the idiocy mutating the airwaves every night.

Juan

I found the wiggling on the Pope by both John Hogue and sNoory interesting.  First, Hogue said we don't yet know what Pope Francis will do, so he may yet commit acts that will have him called "The Black Pope."  I'll sort of give them that one.  After all, we didn't know Nixon was a crook nor that Bill Clinton didn't have sex with a particular woman until later in their presidencies. 

But Hogue really wiggled and backtracked on the number of Popes.  He said the first 111 (or whatever number it was) had definite numbers, but the last was in a separate paragraph.  After all his previous certainty, Hogue now says that maybe there are popes in between the last numbered one and the actual last one. Ha.

BTW, 13 is 1+3 or 4.  Pope has 4 letters.