• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dennis Miller: Liberal or Conservative?

Started by Marc.Knight, March 18, 2011, 11:24:23 AM

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 03, 2013, 05:06:56 PM
...  On the other hand, I've heard a caller say something pretty silly ("Obama wants to take away all of our guns") and Miller won't challenge the caller...
PaperBoy called Dennis Miller?

So, I was listening to Miller for a few minutes today.  He had on some global-warming denier who has written a comic book on the subject ("that contains real science!").  The guy went on to liken himself to Glenn Beck.  Miller said that some of his friends who don't like to read have spent "a few minutes" with the comic book and "came away with something".  So a guy who is like Beck has written a comic book for people who don't like to read....

Something like 97% of climate scientists agree that global warming is real, largely man-driven, and is dire.  But Miller and co. see it is a hoax, a way for a bunch of liberal elites to get rich with all sorts of grants to do junk science.

I know people here have gone around and around about the subject of global warming, and my intention here is not to just stir that pot again for shits and giggles, but I think the Miller interview I mentioned is all too typical on most talk-radio stations:  under-informed people spewing opinions as though they are absolute facts while making "the other side" sound like morons. 

moto-rama

Quote from: Marc knight on March 18, 2011, 11:24:23 AM
I thought he was a liberal... was this a change to ensure the existence of an audience?

He is actually controlled by Victoria Jackson, and since she has no brain, is really controlled by a Mark Levin operative that is bunkered with nano-bot bodyguards in the south of Florida. They are all owned of course, by the Koch Brothers...

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: moto-rama on August 11, 2013, 06:26:20 PM
He is actually controlled by Victoria Jackson, and since she has no brain, is really controlled by a Mark Levin operative that is bunkered with nano-bot bodyguards in the south of Florida. They are all owned of course, by the Koch Brothers...

I get it now! You're a right-winger pretending to be a left-winger.

God, I hope so, Nucky...  Hyperbolic invective is not a good way to influence people.

onan

Arguing over the political stance of miller is the best definition of a waste of time I can think of.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 11, 2013, 07:20:28 PM
God, I hope so, Nucky...  Hyperbolic invective is not a good way to influence people.

It's better to drop obscure references on "The O'Reilly Factor". This is coming from someone who bought two books of his rants.

ksm32

Quote from: George Drooly on March 18, 2011, 10:09:10 PM
Can't stand the guy. His whole f-ing career is based on him concluding every sentence with "...my friend" -- how is that funny? Plus he probably spends more time on his hair than Howard Stern.

Howard doesn't spend any time on his hair, somebody named "Toni" takes care of that. Just sayin. ;)