• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 21, 2020, 07:51:31 PM
UP? I've had a pet theory that Will/Bill from Madison might've even been a professor at UW or something once. Or just a really severe obsession with Finns. I looked up some of the sources he mentioned before and they were very academic papers on some arcane stuff about Finnish mining history and cabin design. The language/migration stuff is fairly mainstream knowledge but he would sometimes mention an author and book and it would be real thing but nothing one could find at a normal bookstore or amazon but in academic indexes and footnotes in other books.

I thought he said he was a retired professor.

It seems there's an endless supply of these giggly older broads selling hocus pocus to suckers. It's replaced Tupperware and Mary Kay, I bet in the back of magazines they sell mediumship/tarot/numerology/astrology DVD and online courses promising a lucrative income. Tonight's charlatan is Colette, a friend of Glyniss the Numbers Lady, Colette doesn't do numbers, she can tell your future with a deck of Oracle Cards, not tarot cards, Oracle cards. This sounds like something from Kickstarter.

and the two sad sacks Noory and Dannheiser continue to plug that stupid Everett Washington show, George is really excited about the band, Tommy says they sound rad, imagine decrepit George doing his hip thrusting  version of Rock Around The Clock - the ladies will be a swooning that's for sure.

I have a perverse fantasy that they pull off that show and Noory is a super spreader of the corona virus and the 300 people in the audience all get Covid19 and there are deaths and Noory becomes an international news story reviled by all and Premiere fires him. Lawsuits bankrupt him. Criminal charges as well and he spends the last years of his life in prison. Could happen, I guarantee he won't do the right thing and be tested for coronavirus before that show. Up there on that stage belting out songs, deadly virus laden Noory spit spraying over the audience.

oh a fascinating bit of Noory trivia tonight, new to me, George entertained his guest with a story about his days in the broadcast news business -  George became famous in the newsroom for the weird stories he'd find and add to the newscast and because of this they gave him the nickname Captain Bizarre and it lasted for years. What a great story told by a great storyteller.

God he really is the dullest interviewer I've ever heard. It's very difficult on the guest, when there's a normal guest as opposed to the paranormal clowns there is always a lot of uncomfortable laughter/giggling - they simply don't know how to respond to Noory's conversation killing comments so they nervously laugh.

His second guest is a guy who writes books - there's probably a name for the kind of books he writes but I don't know it - books that are a collection of interesting facts/stories related to one theme/topic, one of his books is The Big Book of Mars. At one point Noory as he often does completely draws a blank, partly because he does no preparation for guests and partly because he's dumber than dirt, so the best he could come up with as a question was 'How many chapters in the book Mark?' LOL can you imagine any other radio or TV interviewer asking an author how many chapters are in their book? It's absurd.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 22, 2020, 03:34:46 AM
...At one point Noory as he often does completely draws a blank, partly because he does no preparation for guests and partly because he's dumber than dirt, so the best he could come up with as a question was 'How many chapters in the book Mark?' LOL can you imagine any other radio or TV interviewer asking an author how many chapters are in their book? It's absurd.
Ha!

"How 'bout sentences in your book, Mark.  Can yeeewww tell us how many?

It was quite painful. I had to disengage.

But The Big Book of Mars sounds worthy of checking out.

When the author accidentally said we had sent spacecraft to Mars in the 1960s, I understood. Simple alliterative switch between Moon and Mars.

But Noory didn't even notice. He's thinking too far ahead on his next dumb question to be paying enough attention to what the guest is saying.

And I'm godamned SICK of Noory asking "where can we get the book?" and "How did you get interested in X?"

Fuh King Shoot Me

expat

That Tarot â€" sorry, Oracle â€" lady was painful.

But I think we're going to be all right,
Yes, the worst is over now,
The morning sun is shining like a RED RUBBER BALL.

Dateline

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 22, 2020, 12:19:26 AM
It seems there's an endless supply of these giggly older broads selling hocus pocus to suckers. It's replaced Tupperware and Mary Kay, I bet in the back of magazines they sell mediumship/tarot/numerology/astrology DVD and online courses promising a lucrative income. Tonight's charlatan is Colette, a friend of Glyniss the Numbers Lady, Colette doesn't do numbers, she can tell your future with a deck of Oracle Cards, not tarot cards, Oracle cards. This sounds like something from Kickstarter.

and the two sad sacks Noory and Dannheiser continue to plug that stupid Everett Washington show, George is really excited about the band, Tommy says they sound rad, imagine decrepit George doing his hip thrusting  version of Rock Around The Clock - the ladies will be a swooning that's for sure.

I have a perverse fantasy that they pull off that show and Noory is a super spreader of the corona virus and the 300 people in the audience all get Covid19 and there are deaths and Noory becomes an international news story reviled by all and Premiere fires him. Lawsuits bankrupt him. Criminal charges as well and he spends the last years of his life in prison. Could happen, I guarantee he won't do the right thing and be tested for coronavirus before that show. Up there on that stage belting out songs, deadly virus laden Noory spit spraying over the audience.

In Cali, I read, that Gavin Newsome, outlawed singing in churches because that spreads the infection even more. So, Norry by singing is recoined Corona Norry spreading the virus everywhere he belts out a song.  There will be sweat, there will be deep voiced singing notes, there will be talking, and dancing, all of the things that lead to spread. 

Dateline

If Norry, had prepared and written out questions for each and every interview and logged them into a data base, he would have it so easy.  He could simply do a search, say of Mars, and there would be a whole show full of intriguing questions.  All he would have to do is print them out.  Or, it could even be a paper file full of questions.  There is no excuse for not having an insightful interview with these guests.  Some people can engage in the interview conversation and in the normal flow ask riveting questions.  Somewhere this breaks down with Norry. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Dateline on July 22, 2020, 08:41:48 AM
There is no excuse for not having an insightful interview with these guests.

There is both an excuse as well as an explanation. Whichever one would like first, that can be arranged.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 21, 2020, 08:36:17 PM
I thought he said he was a retired professor.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Quote from: expat on July 22, 2020, 08:05:38 AM
That Tarot â€" sorry, Oracle â€" lady was painful.

But I think we're going to be all right,
Yes, the worst is over now,
The morning sun is shining like a RED RUBBER BALL.
Oh, no! Colette Baron-Reid already stole your idea and is releasing THE RED RUBBER BALL ORACLE deck in 2021.

albrecht

Norry is either just lazy about the show, uninterested in subjects or guests, nervous, or especially incompetent. Sure, there are places in which one should 'stick to the prepared questions.' or answers. Depositions, court testimony, press conferences, etc. Often some politicians are told by handlers to "stick with the talking-points" and what-not. But the interviewer, reporter, or cross-examiner usually like to dig and ask questions, even leading ones if then can. I wonder if Norry's job as a "Press Officer" for the Navy has something to do with it? I'm probably over analysing.

But he frequently misses following up an interesting answer or story by guest with another question to get into details. Instead he just doesn't even acknowledge the answer and moves on to another subject such as "where can we buy your book?" (Certainly not on Amazon!) or "how do you do what you do?" or "what's your favourite?" etc. 

It is almost as if he is paid by completing a certain set of questions, the same questions. Like a spiel for a cold-caller sales pitch or some piece-meal payment method. "Well, Gorch, you didn't ask him "how do you do what you do" last night so we are docking your pay.

Dateline

It has occurred to me that he is paid to dumb down the subjects as much as possible so that he can reach a broader audience base.  It could be one of his payment or review objectives is to do that.  Some of the subjects covered scientifically can be quite complex, and could easily blow over the heads of many listeners, causing them to tune out.  It is all about market in the radio  business, number of listeners, and affiliates.  I know that some of the answers to questions sound like a grade school interview or discussion in science class.  If that is the case, then Norry is excelling at his job by dumbing down the masses.  For that, he gets a satisfactory on his report card, and even a gold star.

I can hear the discussion at the Geek about taking a discussion about Mars and seeing how simplistic they can make it.  Every subject is dissected and cut into little bitsy pieces.  I could dialogue it, but it is time to eat.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dateline on July 22, 2020, 05:16:52 PM
It has occurred to me that he is paid to dumb down the subjects as much as possible so that [...] he gets a satisfactory on his report card, and even a gold star.

I can hear the discussion at the Geek

So jelly!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 22, 2020, 05:59:42 AM

And I'm godamned SICK of Noory asking "where can we get the book?" and "How did you get interested in X?"

Every interview includes the penetrating 'How did you get interested in ______ ?' question along with a bunch of other stock questions. Sometimes on local news and sports broadcasts they'll have 7 year old kids on as  'our Junior Reporter' to do an interview, kid dresses up in a little business suit and the kid reads off a card they've printed their questions on - the questions are all Noory questions 'How did you get interested in astronomy?' 'How many chapters should a book have in it?' 'Do you have any pets?'  He literally functions on a 7 year old level.

Now last night Colette the Oracle Card lady mentioned she was an alcoholic and had been the victim of traumatizing violence -    let's hear about that, it might be interesting but all Noory could respond with is his trademark 'JEESH' and didn't follow up. He's such a prissy little bitch of a man, alcoholism and sex abuse are too risque for him and his audience. Meanwhile I bet it's all an act and he is a freak in his private life - he loves to get away to LA far away from his family so he can hire prostitutes to shit on him probably.

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 22, 2020, 06:20:19 PM
Every interview includes the penetrating 'How did you get interested in ______ ?' question along with a bunch of other stock questions. Sometimes on local news and sports broadcasts they'll have 7 year old kids on as  'our Junior Reporter' to do an interview, kid dresses up in a little business suit and the kid reads off a card they've printed their questions on - the questions are all Noory questions 'How did you get interested in astronomy?' 'How many chapters should a book have in it?' 'Do you have any pets?'  He literally functions on a 7 year old level.

Now last night Colette the Oracle Card lady mentioned she was an alcoholic and had been the victim of traumatizing violence -    let's hear about that, it might be interesting but all Noory could respond with is his trademark 'JEESH' and didn't follow up. He's such a prissy little bitch of a man, alcoholism and sex abuse are too risque for him and his audience. Meanwhile I bet it's all an act and he is a freak in his private life - he loves to get away to LA far away from his family so he can hire prostitutes to shit on him probably.
A perfect example. The Oracle Card fraud lady started going into a story about her mom getting angry, drunk and telling her to throw out 'that cross' because we are really Jewish and relatives died at various camps. But they were living in Canada as Christians for decades with a "German" father. That could've been an interesting story of survival, intrigue, and even violence/death (usually a fascinating subject for Norry) but he doesn't follow up and goes to break and back to the boring questions.

ItsOver

At least it's a Noory-free Friday.  No early bail out, with some awful Jorch recording, closed out by the horrific squalling of UFO Phil.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on July 22, 2020, 06:43:54 PM
At least it's a Noory-free Friday.  No early bail out, with some awful Jorch recording, closed out by the horrific squalling of UFO Phil.
Noory did a quick early bail out last night instead, replaying a tired old bit at the end...

I would venture a guess that MV checking this out on his large 4k screen surfing setup might enjoy the digital divination of Colette's oracle cards. (Listen to JUL 11 2020's The Spec Sheet.)

Your experience on a handheld device may differ.

The most significant card I pulled was HOME SWEET HOME.

The question I asked was non-bellgab related.

Colette's free virtual reading site:

https://www.colettebaronreid.com/use-colettes-free-online-oracle-cards-app/

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 22, 2020, 09:41:24 PM
I would venture a guess that MV checking this out on his large 4k screen surfing setup might enjoy the digital divination of Colette's oracle cards. (Listen to JUL 11 2020's The Spec Sheet.)

Your experience on a handheld device may differ.

The most significant card I pulled was HOME SWEET HOME.

The question I asked was non-bellgab related.

Colette's free virtual reading site:

https://www.colettebaronreid.com/use-colettes-free-online-oracle-cards-app/

oh damn she probably is Jewish, she's got what looks to be a pretty slick business going -  i wonder which degree is worth more -  one from Colette's Oracle School or one from Trump University.

unbeleefable indeed - reading the reviews for her Oracle card decks on Amazon, soooooooo many simpletons believe in this shit, and these are people with jobs and families. this woman is making a fortune I think. card decks sell for $22-26 -  nice artwork, decks probably cost her $5 and made in China like everything else.

Jackstar

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 22, 2020, 11:00:56 PM
soooooooo many simpletons believe in this shit

Coming soon: The "Who Killed Kennedy?" Oracular System.

Set contains 33 cards. Every card is a picture of a magic bullet. Should be a hot seller with the talking head crowd.

https://youtu.be/bI50fgzwaKc

off to a good start tonight Jorch, his first guest is a gun control expert who dispels myths about gun control laws. So the guest goes through a long description about the current rise in shootings across America and the causes, we know what's causing them, the fucking governors let out a ton of violent criminals due to coronavirus spreading so easily in jails, the BLM riots and the demonization of police, defunding police, police discouraged, not arresting people  ........ so after this pretty good wrap up, Noory always in doofus mode 'We had a restaurant in Chicago 14 people shot and today a shooting in St. Louis at a mall they had to shut down the mall ..... John what's causing this?'  The guest as other guests often do is a bit stunned by Noory's apparent inability to actually listen or comprehend what his guests are saying - so in more polite terms basically says 'I JUST FUCKING TOLD YOU FOR FUCKS SAKE!'

Going into commercial 'Stay tuned, we'll let you know where to get John's book.' 

lol this is another one of his dotard habits, asking where a book is available, of course it's 2020 for the rest of us and the answer is always the same 'Amazon, Barnes and Noble or from my website.' Snoory thinks he's providing a service for the guest and listener,  lives in 1985.

Dateline

The Norry dedication of the week is from what else "The Mystics" and it even has guardian angels in it:

https://youtu.be/A4pUiHBiR3k