• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

RoseGirl

Quote from: Segundus on December 17, 2015, 07:13:01 PM
No, I just like to back up and deal with the facts when things get overly emotional.  The police found no shells.  Shots were fired - the neighbor heard them, but the neighbor, from what I've read, did not testify to this to the police. 

As others had mentioned, it could be that some clown fired into the air. 

Why did Art not want to file a police report, just wanted it on record that he had a threatening phone call?  Wouldn't YOU want as much police involvement as possible?  Wouldn't YOU have made out a report?

I believe Art.

Simple. To the point. No fuss, no muss.

Beyond that, Art Bell's personal life, family decisions and reactions to violent crazy people standing in his back yard is, quite frankly, none of my business.

Show some respect.

Element 115

Quote from: phrodo on December 17, 2015, 07:14:42 PM
Just because no brass was found does not mean a shot(s) was not fired. A revolver does not eject spent cartridges. Or a shot fired from within a car could contain an ejected cartridge.

It could have also been a firecracker, according to Art.

CornyCrow

Quote from: phrodo on December 17, 2015, 07:14:42 PM
Just because no brass was found does not mean a shot(s) was not fired. A revolver does not eject spent cartridges. Or a shot fired from within a car could contain an ejected cartridge.
Yes, and I'm not refuting that things that sounded like shots occurred.  I'm just saying there was no evidence.  No bullet holes anywhere.  You'd think a house would be an easy target, wouldn't you?  You'd think Art was probably standing between the house and the shooter and if they missed Art (IF they were aiming at him) they'd have hit the house.

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 07:17:41 PM

Art's words: "I don't know."

albrecht

Are firecrackers or gun-shots something that someone living in a semi-rural area, in Nevada of all places, in the desert freakout over? I think the trespasser and the phone threats in combination with the shots are the issue. Heck, random shots or firecrackers could just be some kids or rednecks having fun. Not worth worrying over, unless the shots are directed at your house in particular (in which there would be evidence.) But in combination with the cut cords, the trespasser, and the phone threats? Yeah, then I would, like Art, be concerned. But get out of Dodge for a bit, improve security, get your lawyer to followup and put pressure on the local Sheriff, heck even move if that bad etc. I hope Art and family are safe and feeling safe and he comes back, but if not, it has been a heck of a ride and we still have our memories and archives....

ItsOver

Quote from: Diabhal on December 17, 2015, 05:44:19 PM
Couldn't Art get Major Ed Dames to remote view the guy and get him arrested?
While I believe Ed Dames is a complete fraud, it's probably not enough reason to arrest him.

CornyCrow

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

I believe Art.

Simple. To the point. No fuss, no muss.

Beyond that, Art Bell's personal life, family decisions and reactions to violent crazy people standing in his back yard is, quite frankly, none of my business.

Show some respect.
I respect the facts, m'am, and where they seem to lead.  I would think Art would have asked for as much police involvement as possible, but such does not seem to have been the case.  You would think he would have brought in outside help - people whose job it is to solve such mysterys, but that too seems not to have been the case.

It would make any sane person, in my humble opinion, a bit suspicious. 

I have never been one to idolize a human without question.  No good comes from such an attitude.  Maybe, to have such an attitude as an adult it would have been necessary to have been reared in a repressive 'don't question' religion in my youth or believed that, as a woman, I should 'know my place'.  These things never happened to me so I do not stop my mind from wandering into areas that others may be too much in denial to wade into.  I don't mean to offend, but I think asking questions is healthy, no matter where it leads.  No one is perfect.

Freyja

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 17, 2015, 06:53:27 PM
I think you've espoused the feelings of many fans/listeners.  I'm curious, however, if you think Art doesn't understand such feelings or just doesn't care?

WOW...that is the question, isn't it?

I have no way to know, however after all these years, the only conclusion I can come to is that Art seems to be an attention seeking drama queen.

It almost seems that he thrives on playing these attention seeking games, more than doing a program which was extremely successful...but hey, that's just a guess.

Art used to do programs of "energy vampires" in his day.

That is how I feel about what he is doing to many of us now. It almost seems that he continually is sucking up the energy of his devoted fans by jerking them around time and time again, but he still keeps doing it. It almost seems like he gets off on people like us who wait for years to see him back, get off on any cryptic message he sends out to get some reaction...almost like someone pulling the legs off a spider just to see what it will take. For me it's gotten kind of creepy, but that's just me.

The feeling I get is that he just might be laughing at all of us..look at all of us dumb asses who keep saying "oh Art" etc. while he keeps playing his games, while he screws his audience, but most importantly how he has now screwed Keith, DMDN...all the people here on this forum who went to bat for him: jaz, redacted...the blitz...sorry I don't know all of you well enough to mention you by name. How he screwed so may by the Sirius fiasco when his fans took out subscriptions, bought "devices" etc.

There are many people on this planet that lack emotional maturity.

There are also many people on this planet who suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder

You asked me what I thought... >:( with my educational background in this field, however if I had to guess, the above has a lot of relevance to what we have seen over the years.

Element 115

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
Are firecrackers or gun-shots something that someone living in a semi-rural area, in Nevada of all places, in the desert freakout over? I think the trespasser and the phone threats in combination with the shots are the issue. Heck, random shots or firecrackers could just be some kids or rednecks having fun. Not worth worrying over, unless the shots are directed at your house in particular (in which there would be evidence.) But in combination with the cut cords, the trespasser, and the phone threats? Yeah, then I would, like Art, be concerned. But get out of Dodge for a bit, improve security, get your lawyer to followup and put pressure on the local Sheriff, heck even move if that bad etc. I hope Art and family are safe and feeling safe and he comes back, but if not, it has been a heck of a ride and we still have our memories and archives....

I agree it's a combination of several things. I was commenting on the shooting/firecracker incident.

ItsOver

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 06:58:08 PM
You do realize that had that shooter been a slightly better shot, we'd all be here belly-aching about the flower arrangements at Art Bell's funeral.

Just give that some thought. Sheesh, eh?
True.  And we'd still be hoping Art would come back one more time.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Segundus on December 17, 2015, 07:26:58 PM
I respect the facts, m'am, and where they seem to lead.  I would think Art would have asked for as much police involvement as possible, but such does not seem to have been the case.  You would think he would have brought in outside help - people whose job it is to solve such mysterys, but that too seems not to have been the case.

It would make any sane person, in my humble opinion, a bit suspicious. 

I have never been one to idolize a human without question.  No good comes from such an attitude.  Maybe, to have such an attitude as an adult it would have been necessary to have been reared in a repressive 'don't question' religion in my youth or believed that, as a woman, I should 'know my place'.  These things never happened to me so I do not stop my mind from wandering into areas that others may be too much in denial to wade into.  I don't mean to offend, but I think asking questions is healthy, no matter where it leads.  No one is perfect.

I think appropriate boundaries are healthy.

And yes....you do mean to offend. And we both know it.

TigerLily

Quote from: Segundus on December 17, 2015, 07:05:28 PM
It's already been determined that no shells were found, no evidence that shots were fired in his direction.
I keep reading no evidence, no shells, etc. Not being a gun person, myself, can't you pick up the shells after you shoot?  And with several buildings and 5 acres of land plus surrounding land, not knowing where the alleged shooter was standing and unknown trajectory may be difficult to find bullets, foot prints, etc?

Quote from: Freyja on December 17, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

I have no way to know, however after all these years, the only conclusion I can come to is that Art seems to be an attention seeking drama queen.

It almost seems that he thrives on playing these attention seeking games, more than doing a program which was extremely successful...but hey, that's just a guess.

That is how I feel about what he is doing to many of us now. It almost seems that he continually is sucking up the energy of his devoted fans by jerking them around time and time again, but he still keeps doing it. It almost seems like he gets off on people like us who wait for years to see him back, get off on any cryptic message he sends out to get some reaction...almost like someone pulling the legs off a spider just to see what it will take. For me it's gotten kind of creepy, but that's just me.

The feeling I get is that he just might be laughing at all of us..look at all of us dumb asses who keep saying "oh Art" etc. while he keeps playing his games, while he screws his audience, but most importantly how he has now screwed Keith, DMDN...all the people here on this forum who went to bat for him: jaz, redacted...the blitz...sorry I don't know all of you well enough to mention you by name. How he screwed so may by the Sirius fiasco when his fans took out subscriptions, bought "devices" etc.

There are also many people on this planet who suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder

You asked me what I thought... >:( with my educational background in this field, however if I had to guess, the above has a lot of relevance to what we have seen over the years.

*readying popcorn*

CornyCrow

First shot, the only witness did not file with the police.
Second contact, a threatening phone call that Art did NOT want the police to pursue.
Third, another shot, Art says this could have been a firecracker. 

Result - shut down the show, effectively.

Element 115

Quote from: TigerLily on December 17, 2015, 07:32:27 PM
I keep reading no evidence, no shells, etc. Not being a gun person, myself, can't you pick up the shells after you shoot?  And with several buildings and 5 acres of land plus surrounding land, not knowing where the alleged shooter was standing and unknown trajectory may be difficult to find bullets, foot prints, etc?

Yes, AKA policing your brass. And yes a bullet would be very hard to find on the surrounding land.

Element 115

TL's in the hizzle.

RoseGirl

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 07:33:37 PM
*readying popcorn*

*pulls up a lawn chair*

gawd...pop some for me too. I wanna watch this guy do his little song and dance.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
But the police say Art did NOT want to file an official report on the threatening phone call, he just wanted it on the record.

He does not seem to be very aggressive in wanting to pursue this stalker.  If I were so frightened, and my family, I would want ALL the help I could get.  It just seems so odd.

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 07:37:21 PM
*pulls up a lawn chair*

gawd...pop some for me too. I wanna watch this guy do his little song and dance.

*cracks open a beer* Would you like one?

RoseGirl

Quote from: Segundus on December 17, 2015, 07:38:21 PM
But the police say Art did NOT want to file an official report on the threatening phone call, he just wanted it on the record.

He does not seem to be very aggressive in wanting to pursue this stalker.  If I were so frightened, and my family, I would want ALL the help I could get.  It just seems so odd.

oooohhhh.....lookie that fancy footwork! Pass the salt.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Freyja on December 17, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

Nothing there I can take issue with, thanks.

RoseGirl

Quote from: rekcuf on December 17, 2015, 07:39:34 PM
*cracks open a beer* Would you like one?

well...I don't usually drink....but it is Christmas.

:)

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 07:40:43 PM
well...I don't usually drink....but it is Christmas.

:)

Eggnog? I like eggnog.

trostol

guess my lil soliloquy was for nothing lol

aldousburbank

I would want it on record sans report if I was planning on bagging dude myself. Having said this, I hope everything remains quiet at the Bell compound.

CornyCrow

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 17, 2015, 07:32:01 PM

I think appropriate boundaries are healthy.

And yes....you do mean to offend. And we both know it.
You're projecting. 

I do not hero-worship.  Searching for truth should never be offensive.  Art is a public figure.  His life is much more open for viewing than yours.  The boundaries are set differently.  I am questioning his version of what happened and see that certain of his actions may not substantiate his public posture.  That should not be considered offensive, but clarifying. 

Element 115

Art mentioned on air that his phone provider was unable to trace the call also. Remember when he said that on air?

TigerLily

Also, seems like the usual escalation you read about with stalkers. Cut wires, phoned death threats, trespassing, shots fired. 

I haven't read all the pages and pages and pages and pages...so maybe these items have been addressed. I've been resisting going into the speculation rabbit hole. But here I am anyway  ::). But just this one time, then I'm going cold turkey, I swear

Quote from: Segundus on December 17, 2015, 07:45:39 PM
You're projecting. 

I do not hero-worship.  Searching for truth should never be offensive.  Art is a public figure.  His life is much more open for viewing than yours.  The boundaries are set differently.  I am questioning his version of what happened and see that certain of his actions may not substantiate his public posture.  That should not be considered offensive, but clarifying.

Solid retort. +1

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on December 17, 2015, 07:26:37 PM
While I believe Ed Dames is a complete fraud, it's probably not enough reason to arrest him.
How about for gold fraud, then?