• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on October 03, 2020, 10:52:01 AM
One of Grapefruit's kids--the cleverer one--just said to me, "Maybe your neighbors don't like you because you're too sarcastic."

To which I replied, "Well, that would be too bad." The kid might have a point.

Maybe you need to start texting them more YouTube links.

whoozit

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 03, 2020, 01:38:20 PM

Looking at your Avatar makes me wonder if Enik was discrinated against by the other Sleestak. #Brown Sleestaks Matter

WOTR

Random, stupid things on my mind? Alright... Why didn't I empty the freezer of both the food and the 25 gallons of rotting liquid in the bottom when it cratered? Why would I think it was a good idea to take out the solid food (minus a rotting chicken, as it turns out) and then leave the fluid for three years while I contemplated removing it from the basement?

If I never post again, just assume I was killed due to pure disgust. The freezer is now too heavy to get up the stairs without emptying out the fluid. And given that it has had years for anaerobic decomposition to occur, it may suck the oxygen out of the basement when the lid is opened and kill me.  :'(

Quote from: whoozit on October 03, 2020, 03:21:21 PM
Looking at your Avatar makes me wonder if Enik was discrinated against by the other Sleestak. #Brown Sleestaks Matter

Heh heh

Quote from: WOTR on October 03, 2020, 06:58:58 PM
Random, stupid things on my mind? Alright... Why didn't I empty the freezer of both the food and the 25 gallons of rotting liquid in the bottom when it cratered? Why would I think it was a good idea to take out the solid food (minus a rotting chicken, as it turns out) and then leave the fluid for three years while I contemplated removing it from the basement?

If I never post again, just assume I was killed due to pure disgust. The freezer is now too heavy to get up the stairs without emptying out the fluid. And given that it has had years for anaerobic decomposition to occur, it may suck the oxygen out of the basement when the lid is opened and kill me.  :'(

You're going to need a green tinted face shield on an airtight oxygen-tanked hazmat suit.

The green glass will facilitate neutral viewing of anything untoward you may encounter.

Or, consider using TaskRabbit.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 03, 2020, 07:19:03 PM
You're going to need a green tinted face shield on an airtight oxygen-tanked hazmat suit.

The green glass will facilitate neutral viewing of anything untoward you may encounter.

Dry Ice could freeze the nasty back to a solid movable state? This is very disturbing, and I hope you find a solution. I can see why this would cause remorse and disgust. I am a bit of a clean freak, so these are not the type of regrets I deal with generally. Fascinating!

WOTR

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 03, 2020, 06:39:29 PM

Where did you find the picture of the life form that evolved in the anaerobic conditions present in my freezer?

WOTR

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 03, 2020, 08:11:58 PM
Dry Ice could freeze the nasty back to a solid movable state? This is very disturbing, and I hope you find a solution. I can see why this would cause remorse and disgust. I am a bit of a clean freak, so these are not the type of regrets I deal with generally. Fascinating!

I considered dry ice. But it would give off many, many cubic feet of shit smelling CO2 while it froze the lake of putrid fluid. I considered a shop vac (same problem) I considered a submersible pump and hose, but was afraid the chicken would clog it up (though I do have a 220V sewage pump at work.)

Ah, yes. But I would estimate that it had been two months between freezer crapping out and the initial discovery. Those freezer seals are amazingly good, and the smell does not escape. So upon discovery, I brought plastic totes to the basement and emptied the meat, pizzas, cardboard boxes and bags of unidentifiable sludge into my garbage bin over a couple of weeks (I was popular with my neighbours.)

I then figured I would return to finish the task and empty the fluid. My revulsion lasted for days, then weeks. Then I started to fear breaking the seal. Yes, the freezer had to go- but at what cost to what little remains of my sanity?

Well, now we have the answer. It is empty, and I am forever changed by the experience.*

*Oh, and on a side note, it is still too heave to comfortably get up the stairs. I'm sure I will get it out- but I'm really starting to wonder how... Time to go and ponder. I assume it will be straps and herniated discs.  :(

Jackstar

This show prep meta is next level. Kudos.

WOTR

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 03, 2020, 07:19:03 PM

Oh, that is inhumane.*

*But, I suppose this is Bellgab.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: WOTR on October 03, 2020, 08:26:46 PM
I'm sure I will get it out- but I'm really starting to wonder how... Time to go and ponder. I assume it will be straps and herniated discs.  :(

My uncle had this happen but he had a door on the side of his house that lead to the basement. So i hooked my winch to it and pulled it up the stairs, if you dont have that then i guess hire some Mexicans.

WOTR

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 03, 2020, 08:31:08 PM
My uncle had this happen but he had a door on the side of his house that lead to the basement. So i hooked my winch to it and pulled it up the stairs, if you dont have that then i guess hire some Mexicans.
Considered. There is a "jog" between the front door and the stair case or it would be hooked on now. I have considered using my little portable 1000lb winch and screwing it to the floor boards at the landing.

In the end, I could hire someone. I could even ask a friend. But I am stubborn and convinced that I can do this myself...

Roswells, Art

I considered dry ice. But it would give off many, many cubic feet of shit smelling CO2 while it froze the lake of putrid fluid. I considered a shop vac (same problem) I considered a submersible pump and hose, but was afraid the chicken would clog it up (though I do have a 220V sewage pump at work.)

Ah, yes. But I would estimate that it had been two months between freezer crapping out and the initial discovery. Those freezer seals are amazingly good, and the smell does not escape. So upon discovery, I brought plastic totes to the basement and emptied the meat, pizzas, cardboard boxes and bags of unidentifiable sludge into my garbage bin over a couple of weeks (I was popular with my neighbours.)

I then figured I would return to finish the task and empty the fluid. My revulsion lasted for days, then weeks. Then I started to fear breaking the seal. Yes, the freezer had to go- but at what cost to what little remains of my sanity?

Well, now we have the answer. It is empty, and I am forever changed by the experience.*

*Oh, and on a side note, it is still too heave to comfortably get up the stairs. I'm sure I will get it out- but I'm really starting to wonder how... Time to go and ponder. I assume it will be straps and herniated discs.  :(

Taking off the door will lighten the load a little and make it smaller.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on October 03, 2020, 08:18:06 PM
Where did you find the picture of the life form that evolved in the anaerobic conditions present in my freezer?
Interesting.  Apparently your freezer life form made it to Svengoolie tonight.

https://svengoolie.com/blog/we-kick-off-halloween-month-with-peter-cushing-trapped-with-deadly-man-made-creatures-on-the-island-of-terror

pate

You need a hand-truck or "dolly"

https://www.amazon.com/Harper-Trucks-6781-Appliance-Truck/dp/B0026WG51S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=hand+truck+appliance&qid=1601780320&sr=8-2

That one is a bit pricey, but you get the idea.  It is built so that you can strap whatever you are moving to it, and when you lay it down the back rails are designed to work like a sled for going up/down stairs.

Have fun, maybe you know someone that will loan you one of those for the project?

Good luck.

Also, you could just dump a gallon of bleach into the stinky liquid.  That usually works to kill odors, of course you are stuck with your house smelling sort of like a swimming pool until that dissapates(sp)

-p

SpaceMeowMaid

You guys are really making me miss my Warn Winch on my Gladiator.

pate

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 03, 2020, 10:20:05 PM

Wench rhymes with winch.

-p

ediot:  does the donut chain Winchell's still exist?

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: pate on October 03, 2020, 10:27:09 PM
Wench rhymes with winch.

-p

ediot:  does the donut chain Winchell's still exist?

No ID... I like to make them fresh so they taste like Country Fair. Or Larsens European Bakery.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 03, 2020, 10:20:05 PM

>Gladiator

for fuck sake i hope it's not an FCA one because that's NOT a Gladiator.

There will only be one Gladiator and it was not plastic and never had a shitty V6 made in Mexico.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 03, 2020, 08:42:03 PM
Interesting.  Apparently your freezer life form made it to Svengoolie tonight.

https://svengoolie.com/blog/we-kick-off-halloween-month-with-peter-cushing-trapped-with-deadly-man-made-creatures-on-the-island-of-terror

This film disturbed me as a child and I tuned in to Svengoolie tonight.

Unlike many married couples, I am still in love with this movie after all these years.

I still cringe during the amputation scene, and am shocked at the freefall attacks via tree and skylight.

A remake would be fun, to make the monsters' locomotion more believable.

I would want Giger-styled updates to the silicates using both big budget CGI and analog practical effects.

It would be a blockbuster.

Easily.

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 03, 2020, 11:28:05 PM
Unlike many married couples, I am still in love with this movie after all these years.

So, I guess I have to see this one huh? K.

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on October 03, 2020, 08:04:14 PM
[attachment=1,msg1425373] #SleestakLivesMatter

That moment when you discover that a lot of other people had the same idea to come as Sleestak to the Halloween party.

WOTR

Quote from: pate on October 03, 2020, 09:00:26 PM
You need a hand-truck or "dolly"

https://www.amazon.com/Harper-Trucks-6781-Appliance-Truck/dp/B0026WG51S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=hand+truck+appliance&qid=1601780320&sr=8-2

That one is a bit pricey, but you get the idea.  It is built so that you can strap whatever you are moving to it, and when you lay it down the back rails are designed to work like a sled for going up/down stairs.

Have fun, maybe you know someone that will loan you one of those for the project?

Good luck.

Also, you could just dump a gallon of bleach into the stinky liquid.  That usually works to kill odors, of course you are stuck with your house smelling sort of like a swimming pool until that dissapates(sp)

-p

It's out.

I had a massive dolly. 12" balloon tires and as wide as the freezer. But because of the size of the tires it makes you lean it way back so that you pull horizontal up the stairs instead of lift. And the "P" handle makes it so that it will not slide if you push from the bottom. That said, if you ever require a full size fridge delivered to a beach party, I have the equipment.

I put the freezer on a car ramp balanced on a moving dolly and pushed it onto the second stair up. Then managed to "roll" it up the stairs. Yes, I balanced a freezer on a rubber car ramp balanced on a small 4 wheel moving dolly. I'm sure that there is a special injury reserved for people like me...

The freezer was hiding a bottle of Merlot behind it. I should be drunk posting within the hour...*

*Damn it! 2007 Shiraz! That is really not meant to age- but I will drink the rather boring, flat, uninspired bottle.