• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: laserjock on May 23, 2015, 11:58:19 AM
I dislike Rollye myself partly because of her politics.
Even Barbara - Was she that right wing announcer whose daughter beat her up?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 23, 2015, 02:51:57 PM
If that were true with me I would have stopped listening to MV's radio trainwreck. Wow do i ABSOLUTELY disagree with his stances back then HOLY CRAP do I! But he is interesting to listen to and makes me laugh. Also he was able to give me an understanding of the other side's view of nuclear power so that is good. I should have put this in another thread though and no I'm not starting a new thread dammit.
On a show that's not supposed to be political they should not be sneaking in propaganda.  If they need to go on to an issue that is political, they should be honest enough to represent both sides.  There are shills paid for, in some way, by various industries, like nuclear and fossil fuels just to get on forums to post as normal people and bias things.  "They" have big bucks and probably also have shills with bogus stories who go on shows like this. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 23, 2015, 03:32:00 PM
On a show that's not supposed to be political they should not be sneaking in propaganda.  If they need to go on to an issue that is political, they should be honest enough to represent both sides.  There are shills paid for, in some way, by various industries, like nuclear and fossil fuels just to get on forums to post as normal people and bias things.  "They" have big bucks and probably also have shills with bogus stories who go on shows like this.

I haven't listened to the shows that I think you are talking about but I am aware enough that when I listen to a show I can tell if it is biased. Even if it is biased in my direction. But enough about me.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: PathoJen on May 20, 2015, 05:37:03 PM
I know! I can't recall who he gave the title to that evening.

This was the show where Art was trying to get practice for judging a weird person contest he was going to participate in (10/27/1997) So he opened a weird person line.

I listened to the show and here are the results:

The guy with the 'orgasmatron' got 5/10

The guy that called in who said he had Rh= blood got a 7/10

He gave us some great math then his conclusion had nothing to do with his math it went like this:
"a positive plus a positive is a positive, a negative plus a positive is a negative, a negative and a negative is a negative" and his conclusion was: "so I am an equal'

The guy that rented Faces of Death 27 times and found it erotic and had a coffee can full of fingernails got a 9/10

The guy that followed an ant around for five hours before it fooled him by going down a storm drain got 9/10

There was a guy that thought he caused localized wind and tornadoes when he got mad, Art didn't rate him.

My favorite was the guy that ate yard rocks, he received a 8/10

A guy who walked around King of Prussia, PA and asked strangers how it felt to be alive got a 5/10

There was also an unrated lady who put coins in her right shoe.

albrecht

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 23, 2015, 03:16:01 PM
Was she that right wing announcer whose daughter beat her up?
Yes. Not sure how the case ended up though. I'm not sure if elder abuse is the same as wife beating (it doesn't matter if victim won't testify you still go down) or child abuse (you go down even if child recants or won't testify.)
http://www.mercurynews.com/my-town/ci_26824883/moraga-daughter-arrested-suspicion-beating-mother
I was out of the country during her years so never heard on C2C.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 23, 2015, 03:16:01 PM
Was she that right wing announcer whose daughter beat her up?

Haha, well, I suppose that's how some might remember her. I never knew her politics while she was hosting coast.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 23, 2015, 02:51:57 PM
Also he was able to give me an understanding of the other side's view of nuclear power so that is good.

Really. Jeeze. I'm going to have to go check this show out.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on May 22, 2015, 11:30:07 AM
Tomorrow (Saturday) night, my friend will be firing up his pirate FM radio station and we'll all be jerking around on there from about 9:00PM until Midnight, eastern time.  Should be some good karaoke for your listening pleasure.

You can tune in live here:
http://ufoship.com/chat

Here is the audio from last time:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbwc08m2xaooduv/kmeat_scoped_20141231.mp3?dl=0
As you can hear by listening, things got drunker and stupider as the evening progressed.  Tomorrow night will not deviate from that pattern.

You'll be able to call us on air at 347-91-KMEAT.

Hey everybody. Please consider tuning in to the drunken stupidity mentioned above. Thank you.

WOTR

Quote from: Paradox on May 23, 2015, 02:45:37 PM
I will now go castigate myself.
No need.  I have already reported both of us.  I'm sure the owner will be along shortly for the ritual "spanking."

serenity

For anyone interested KSYL in Louisiana is playing 2 hours of old time radio shows then at 8 till midnight Somewhere in time with Art Bell from 5-30-2002 the the radio goes back to Dark Matter Radio. ( Don't want to break it with C2C )

Link to listen http://ice5.securenetsystems.net/KSYL

WOTR

Quote from: MV on May 23, 2015, 04:29:35 PM
Really. Jeeze. I'm going to have to go check this show out.
Quote from: MV on May 23, 2015, 04:35:27 PM
Hey everybody. Please consider tuning in to the drunken stupidity mentioned above. Thank you.
Shouldn't you be doing some of your 8 hours of show prep and preparing a turkee sammich?

albrecht

Quote from: serenity on May 23, 2015, 05:11:36 PM
For anyone interested KSYL in Louisiana is playing 2 hours of old time radio shows then at 8 till midnight Somewhere in time with Art Bell from 5-30-2002 the the radio goes back to Dark Matter Radio. ( Don't want to break it with C2C )

Link to listen http://ice5.securenetsystems.net/KSYL
Nice! That is a good format I love OTR and Art shows. A great idea. More should start with that idea.

wr250

Quote from: wotr1 on May 23, 2015, 05:14:09 PM
Shouldn't you be doing some of your 8 hours of show prep and preparing a turkee sammich?

who says he hasnt been doing the 8 hours of show perp? as well as making turkee sammiches and pizza roles.

eddie dean

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 23, 2015, 03:55:11 PM
This was the show where Art was trying to get practice for judging a weird person contest he was going to participate in (10/27/1997) So he opened a weird person line.

I listened to the show and here are the results:

The guy with the 'orgasmatron' got 5/10

The guy that called in who said he had Rh= blood got a 7/10

He gave us some great math then his conclusion had nothing to do with his math it went like this:
"a positive plus a positive is a positive, a negative plus a positive is a negative, a negative and a negative is a negative" and his conclusion was: "so I am an equal'

The guy that rented Faces of Death 27 times and found it erotic and had a coffee can full of fingernails got a 9/10

The guy that followed an ant around for five hours before it fooled him by going down a storm drain got 9/10

There was a guy that thought he caused localized wind and tornadoes when he got mad, Art didn't rate him.

My favorite was the guy that ate yard rocks, he received a 8/10

A guy who walked around King of Prussia, PA and asked strangers how it felt to be alive got a 5/10

There was also an unrated lady who put coins in her right shoe.

Nice recap!
That was a fun show.

Art Bell

Well, I am all in now.

Art

dungiven

Quote from: Art Bell on May 23, 2015, 07:53:07 PM
Well, I am all in now.

Art
Wouldn't want it any other way!

Catops

Quote from: Art Bell on May 23, 2015, 07:53:07 PM
Well, I am all in now.

Art

While I like to think this is good news, it has a faintly ominous tone.  Never mind.  I will continue to mount the barricades outside the Bell compound, wave the flags of Nye and Cydonia and assert our human right to hear All Things Bell.

I'm sure Art is just talking about the studio but "all in" does have some bad juju attached to it after Dark Matter.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 23, 2015, 08:09:43 PM
I'm sure Art is just talking about the studio but "all in" does have some bad juju attached to it after Dark Matter.

Would it be any fun if there was not an element of uncertainty?   ;D

chinaclipper

great art!  hope now u can semi-relax or at least take a breather....our anticipation mounts!

jerry

I am sure that is EXACTLY why he chose those words.   To stir up the pot here a bit :P

zeebo

We are buckled in, course is set, all that's left is to hold on and enjoy the ride.   :)

ItsOver

Hang on.  I'm ready to ride.

Yeah, it's right up there with ''George gets it''

Jamal Abanane

Quote from: ItsOver on May 23, 2015, 08:44:55 PM
Hang on.  I'm ready to ride.
Quock, write this down...NO!

Jamal Abanane

Mmmmm, bad Ju-Jubes