• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

DanTSX

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 21, 2013, 03:22:51 AM

That's the thing about George Knapp.  He has the absolute worst guests.  As a host he's not sucky like the Snorge, and he's not a punk like Ian, but his shows are mostly unlistenable because of the guests.

And this is a show built around having guests that are often frauds.  Knapp's guests are generally that much worse than the rest.

It's too bad.  He's only on once a month, I think, and he can't find 12 good guests a year, or even 5 or 6?

Didn't George ban Uri from the show in one of his few times he brought his spine to work with him?

Could GK be thumbing at GN by having Rubberspoonrubberspoonrubberspoon on ?

I mean things are So crazy between these two shows right now that I wouldn't be surprised to see Jorch drunk, shirtless, sitting on the floor languidly picking at cold Wendy's fast food while tommy videotapes him threatening to kick Art's ass, with Thommy pleading"you told me you wouldn't get this drunk anymore George!  I'm doing this dr your own good!".

This developing rivalry is pretty entertaining

Next installment.......Jorch interviews Whitley streeber over Skype video phone and when he asks about the alien's sexual organs, he slips his Weiner through a slit cut into the inside of the front cover of Communion and drunkenly asks " maybe they reproduce orally through a porthole ?"

Winding down?  This whole mess is just winding up!

saucerlike

Sorry I missed this one, but Uri Geller... blech.  Would love to have an update show about the Skinwalker Ranch.  I could listen to Knapp for hours with that subject or UFO's.

Nebraska888

I enjoyed the entire program.   ;)

Morgus

Quote from: saucerlike on October 21, 2013, 12:35:40 PM
Sorry I missed this one, but Uri Geller... blech.  Would love to have an update show about the Skinwalker Ranch.  I could listen to Knapp for hours with that subject or UFO's.
Yeah, Knapp should so a Skinwalker Ranch program since there is a movie I keep hearing advertising recently thats about the strange happenings at the ranch.

Johnnyace99

George Knapp is truly NON-PARTISAN and well rounded.. Thank goodness !! The show is supposed to be paranormal NOT political.. Good going, George Knapp...

mombird3

I listened to URI and it was good. Knapp did a good job. Yes I remember Noory not wanting URI on his show.

Juan Cena

Did anybody watch the "Blackfish" documentary on CNN the past couple of nights. Knapp had the filmmakers on a few months ago.

saucerlike

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 26, 2013, 04:42:06 AM
Did anybody watch the "Blackfish" documentary on CNN the past couple of nights. Knapp had the filmmakers on a few months ago.

I DVR'd it but haven't watched yet.  I have yet to listen to Knapp's interview on c2c either... Had to look it up on my only c2c related bookmark: (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/george-knapp-shows) it was 7-28-13. 

Tonight's show:

Hidden History/ Nuclear Power
Date:     10-27-13
Host:     George Knapp
Guests:     Oliver Stone, Peter Kuznick, Helen Caldicott

In the first half, George Knapp will be joined by film director, Oliver Stone, and professor of history, Peter Kuznick, for a discussion on how far the United States has drifted from its democratic traditions and the powerful forces that have struggled to get it back on track.

In the latter half, activist and author, Helen Caldicott, will talk about myths surrounding nuclear energy, the actual costs and environmental consequences of the controversial power source, and why the Fukushima disaster is only the beginning.

WOTR

Overall I enjoyed what I heard of the show tonight.  I usually like Stone (to a degree) and Caldicott was an interesting balance to the guest Art had on.  No doubt (like almost everything in life) the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  There is something to worry about, but we are not all going to be dead tomorrow.  I liked when she said that the radiation can cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes and just about every other disease know to man.  That makes it really easy to build a case that this Fukushima thing is the cause of every bodies death and health woes.  If I were not already diagnosed as ADD I might be tempted to blame Japan...

Come to think of it, my Opa is turning 92 in a few days and he has been sleeping more and more over the last year... it could be the radiation got to him.

(Before anybody jumps on me- I realize that it is not a "good" situation and I would not want to be living anywhere near the reactor- just saying that at this point I will give death by radiation as much thought as I do death by cancer when I light up a pipe a few times each month as I consider each one as likely as the other to affect my long term health.)

I have no idea why Knapp has that Hollyweird, Castro-worshipping, crackpot, Stone, on the show. 

ItsOver

I haven't listened to Knapp since Art's return.  Unfortunately, he's the sole bright spot of C2C and I just kind of forget about him with all the crap that he's surrounded by.

I did tune in last night but tuned out when I heard the topics.  Just not interested.  The first one was pretty much political in nature and I've never been a big fan of Stone.  Politics all day, so I just don't need it at night.  Too bad it wasn't the paranormal that Knapp does so well.

Quick Karl

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 28, 2013, 05:16:22 AM
I have no idea why Knapp has that Hollyweird, Castro-worshipping, crackpot, Stone, on the show.

I listened for about 10-minutes and that was all I could take - I'm pretty sure Stone believes that Hugo Chavez was really a sweet harmless angel...

saucerlike

I'm interested in the Nuclear stuff, but not Oliver Stone.  Got too many shows to catch up on,  haven't listened to the Timothy Good Dark Matter interview yet either....

I'm not really worried about Fukushima myself, given that I'm near the east coast those particles won't be strong enough to do anything (given current conditions). 

mombird3

I listened to both guests last night. I thought Knapp was good as always. He is the best one C2C has.

Nebraska888

Quote from: mombird3 on October 28, 2013, 06:21:34 PM
I listened to both guests last night. I thought Knapp was good as always. He is the best one C2C has.

Agreed!   :D

BobBlahBlah

Knapp really is the best alternative to Bell. He just has that intense tone in his voice all the time and you know he's fully connected to those in the Area 51 world. He seems to have the same interests as Art and steers clear of the usual C2C Alex Jones conspiracy stuff.

FM451

YES!  Another show on the mysterious Dylatov Pass Incident.  Almost a month ago, George Noory did a half-show on this topic.  Now, the excellent George Knapp devotes a full show to this mystery. This Sunday, Knapp will be interviewing a different author regarding Dylatov Pass, the full show. This has the potential to be a classic Knapp show, just like the Paulides shows. Can't wait!   ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: FM451 on November 14, 2013, 11:53:21 PM
YES!  Another show on the mysterious Dylatov Pass Incident.  Almost a month ago, George Noory did a half-show on this topic.  Now, the excellent George Knapp devotes a full show to this mystery. This Sunday, Knapp will be interviewing a different author regarding Dylatov Pass, the full show. This has the potential to be a classic Knapp show, just like the Paulides shows. Can't wait!   ;D

Glad I saw this.  I haven't listened to Knapp since DM came and went.  It'll be nice to hear a decent show again. 

EarthAlien007

I'm thankful we get George Knapp back Sunday. Here's the details:

Date:    11-17-13
Host:    George Knapp
Guests:    Keith McCloskey

Author and investigative researcher Keith McCloskey joins George Knapp for a discussion about what happened to the nine young people who lost their lives in the mysterious "Dyatlov Pass Incident," which took place in Siberia in 1959. The autopsies claimed the victims' violent injuries were caused by "an unknown compelling force."
Website(s):

keithmccloskey.com
http://www.keithmccloskey.com/

Book(s):

Mountain of the Dead: The Dyatlov Pass Incident
http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Dead-Dyatlov-Pass-Incident/dp/0752491482/ctoc

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 15, 2013, 06:00:24 PM

Author and investigative researcher Keith McCloskey joins George Knapp for a discussion about what happened to the nine young people who lost their lives in the mysterious "Dyatlov Pass Incident," which took place in Siberia in 1959. The autopsies claimed the victims' violent injuries were caused by "an unknown compelling force."
Website(s):

keithmccloskey.com

Book(s):

A worthwhile show coming. Thank God.

zeebo

Quote from: FM451 on November 14, 2013, 11:53:21 PM

Definitely going to catch this one. 

Quote from: wotr1 on October 28, 2013, 05:03:33 AM
(Before anybody jumps on me- I realize that it is not a "good" situation and I would not want to be living anywhere near the reactor- just saying that at this point I will give death by radiation as much thought as I do death by cancer when I light up a pipe a few times each month as I consider each one as likely as the other to affect my long term health.)

We all need to get a hold of ourselves.

This is not the first time something like Fukushima happened. The Russians dumped 12 (or more) nuclear reactors directly into the arctic ocean between 1960 and 1990, without any regard for safety at all, and the radiation has not killed us (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/04/world/soviets-secret-nuclear-dumping-causes-worry-for-arctic-waters.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm). Hell, the average man did not notice anything different at all until we became aware of how serious the situation was. Every armchair ecologist begins weighing in once it becomes a story.

Would I like to live next to Fukushima or eat fish from those waters? Hell no. But it's a big ocean and that stuff is going to diffuse, making it essentially harmless. It's scary and sad, and depressing as hell to think about the oceans used as a waste dump, but take all of the doom saying about Fukushima with a grain of salt. Just make sure it's not Cesium salt. Because that stuff's radioactive.

ZHero

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2013, 01:46:20 AM
Definitely going to catch this one.
Amen! Hope it's as good as the missing people in national parks shows!

FM451

Quote from: ZHero on November 16, 2013, 06:41:13 AM
Amen! Hope it's as good as the missing people in national parks shows!

I agree, Zhero!  The Paulides shows took me by surprise; I didn't think they would be that compelling! I downloaded all of them, they hold up to repeated listening.  The show about the elderly man and his dog who disappeared w/o a trace was another show that was one of Knapp's best.

I bought "Mountain of the Dead" a while back. McCloskey has an interesting solution regarding the 'unknown force' that compelled the skiers to flee.

ZHero

Gotta nap some today so I can stay up and listen to Knapp tonight! Oh and my favorite soap-opera that an occasional zombie wanders through once in a while, as well.

bateman

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 15, 2013, 06:00:24 PM

Website(s):

keithmccloskey.com

Book(s):

Oh shit, seriously? I'm interviewing this guy in literally 2 hours. http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5028.new#new

Nebraska888

KNAPP NIGHT!!!!!!    :)

bateman

Quote from: BobGrau on November 17, 2013, 05:09:43 PM
Poacher!

Mmm, get ready for the numbers lady next.

(Not really. Never happening.)

ziznak

I'm down for knappy tonight