• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm getting off of the Art Bell train

Started by ponyboysunset, January 15, 2016, 07:15:12 PM

boxman

Quote from: trostol on January 16, 2016, 02:30:27 PM
gonna have to agree to disagree here...cause this run of shows wasnt great...Art might have been fine interviewing..but many of the shows were not good
Which sadly can be blamed on Heather.. I dont understand why they did not replace her after all the screw ups she did with not researching the guests properly. The only few decent ones was the same old guests who have been on his old shows and is constantly on c2c. Nearly all new guests where not researched at all like that satanic chick.
It was obvious they wanted more of a traditional satanist with a dark show but Heather did not research her beyond her being a "satanist".

Bounder

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 16, 2016, 03:31:41 PM
Good point, except for using the word "evolved." It's not hard to make the case that after the fall of Greek civilization, and certainly through the period of the Dark Ages, the world actually devolved. I'm not so sure that we haven't devolved since the '90s, either.

I agree, but by "evolve" I mean the biological sense of blind adaptation to change, value-neutral, not for better or worse.  The process itself, not the result.

Semantics, though I grok your sentiment.

boxman

Quote from: Jackstar on January 16, 2016, 02:35:51 PM
What are you, fucking high? Making a deal with Premier and doing the show one wants to do are mutually incompatible terms.
What difference would it have made really?? He had the same exact guests and topics and it was generally worse than even his last years on c2c.
Even with the limitations of c2c/pemier it would have turned out better than MITD.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on January 16, 2016, 03:13:11 PM
Weren't we all thrown off the train back in December when Art quit again?
Art jumped off the train when he thought he heard a bandito shooting at him.  The conductor took over in the cab.  A lot of us got off the train at the last stop when we realized we were on a train to nowhere and the former train engineer started threatening some guy who's just trying to pay for diapers.

3OctaveFart

I was done with the guy in 2013.

Give someone enough time and rope and they will eventually show you what they're made of. AB is a quick read and a selfish person.

Bounder

Quote from: Meatie Pie on January 16, 2016, 03:49:01 PM
I was done with the guy in November 2013.

Give someone enough time and they will eventually show you what they're made of. AB is a quick read and a selfish person.

Sidenote: what happened to your Dormer avatar?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: boxman on January 16, 2016, 03:39:16 PM
Which sadly can be blamed on Heather.. I dont understand why they did not replace her after all the screw ups she did with not researching the guests properly. The only few decent ones was the same old guests who have been on his old shows and is constantly on c2c. Nearly all new guests where not researched at all like that satanic chick.
It was obvious they wanted more of a traditional satanist with a dark show but Heather did not research her beyond her being a "satanist".

Good producers find a way to book good guests. Heather didn't do this. As an example, I listen to John Bachelor, who has several guests per show (rarely any dealing with the paranormal). They're uniformly good interviews and he has plenty to work with.

Granted, good paranormal guests are hard to find. But given the choice of a poor paranormal guest and a good science guest, or even a guest on another subject (Art has that kind of range and people would still listen), the poor guest is a bad choice. Of course, Art did put her in that job and didn't replace her.

TigerLily

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 16, 2016, 03:31:41 PM
Good point, except for using the word "evolved." It's not hard to make the case that after the fall of Greek civilization, and certainly through the period of the Dark Ages, the world actually devolved. I'm not so sure that we haven't devolved since the '90s, either.
I am

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2016, 03:46:52 PM
Art jumped off the train when he thought he heard a bandito shooting at him.  The conductor took over in the cab.  A lot of us got off the train at the last stop when we realized we were on a train to nowhere and the former train engineer started threatening some guy who's just trying to pay for diapers.

I thought it was something like that...

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on January 16, 2016, 04:14:51 PM
I am
Idk relistening to shows from the 'archives' it seems like it is the 90s again. The issues Art and callers talked/ranted about seem to be the same ones today: immigration (legal and illegal,) militias, the 'guvmint' doing/gonna do this or that, gun grabs, Clintons, taxes, wars in the Middle East, terrorism, global warming (Quickening,) and the same old paranormal stuff UFO, conspiracy, ghosts, Bigfeet, fortune tellers, etc.

I gave Art every benefit of the doubt over the past twenty-some years, but my doubts have run out of benefits and now my brain is just done in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXTPaLf_lvE

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2016, 04:19:47 PM
Idk relistening to shows from the 'archives' it seems like it is the 90s again. The issues Art and callers talked/ranted about seem to be the same ones today: immigration (legal and illegal,) militias, the 'guvmint' doing/gonna do this or that, gun grabs, Clintons, taxes, wars in the Middle East, terrorism, global warming (Quickening,) and the same old paranormal stuff UFO, conspiracy, ghosts, Bigfeet, fortune tellers, etc.
Nostalgia, I'm sure. Just like people think Art was perfect back then and never laid an egg. We got spoiled by listening only to "the best of" shows

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on January 16, 2016, 05:05:54 PM
Nostalgia, I'm sure. Just like people think Art was perfect back then and never laid an egg. We got spoiled by listening only to "the best of" shows
Yeah, but I gotta say Art even made the politics fun. And I wonder what happened to some of the more frequent callers. Art should've done a 'where are they now' type of show.

trostol

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2016, 05:10:06 PM
Yeah, but I gotta say Art even made the politics fun. And I wonder what happened to some of the more frequent callers. Art should've done a 'where are they now' type of show.

MV makes politics fun

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2016, 05:10:06 PM
Maybe when he comes back. No, no! Bad TigerLily! Remember your oath. No more Bell.

Quote from: TigerLily on January 16, 2016, 05:47:40 PM
Maybe when he comes back. No, no! Bad TigerLily! Remember your oath. No more Bell.

Do we need to start spamming hot men to help you recover?   :D :D

ponyboysunset

Sorry for my absence. Laundry called. Lol. Good to see so many talking freely here.
Um I could use some hot lesbians.  :)

TigerLily

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 16, 2016, 06:13:25 PM
Do we need to start spamming hot men to help you recover?   :D :D
Football is helping. Did you see my TigerLily Cute Guy Bowl lists in the Football thread. Currently I've been drooling over Gronk's ass

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 16, 2016, 06:23:03 PM
Sorry for my absence. Laundry called. Lol. Good to see so many talking freely here.
Um I could use some hot lesbians.  :)
Saturday laundry day here, too.  Just got my second load in the dryer while watching the boys throw that funny-looking ball around

I'm sure some hot lesbians could use you too.   ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on January 16, 2016, 06:34:13 PM
Saturday laundry day here, too.  Just got my second load in the dryer while watching the boys throw that funny-looking ball around

I'm sure some hot lesbians could use you too.   ;)
Did you really make that thread?
I wish they could use me, wait that came out wrong.

norland2424

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 16, 2016, 06:35:38 PM
Did you really make that thread?
I wish they could use me, wait that came out wrong.

lol

pyewacket

Since some of us lack closure and that is important when emotions are involved; why not post a movie clip that fits your impression of a proper 'the end'.

I'm going with Sunset Boulevard "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMTT0LW0M_Y

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on January 16, 2016, 06:36:47 PM
Since some of us lack closure and that is important when emotions are involved; why not post a movie clip that fits your impression of a proper 'the end'.

I'm going with Sunset Boulevard "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMTT0LW0M_Y
I'm not sure I like "our" closure.  It seems a little too final.