• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

georgesucks

What is the status of Art Bell? Is there any new word about his NC?

littlechris

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 17, 2013, 09:03:02 PM
It's a testy kitty too, ready to scratch eyes out on a dime.   8)

HAHA!! Sooo True!! Cannabalizing Cats!!!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on November 17, 2013, 10:34:57 PM
Noory is OK, and sometimes a good interviewer, Wells is better, Knapp is very good and sometimes great and Bell is in a class with few others (actually Savage and Clyde Lewis might be up there with Bell, but their subject matter, venue, and my personal listening association with them is too scant to have a real solid opinion).  Calling Noory a bad host isn't I believe correct, just as a good college basketball player is better than 99% of the population, but would look like an oaf compared to Michael Jordan in his prime, so to does Noory suffer by comparison to those who are gifted. With that said he could improve dramatically with greater show preparation, and a more "curious", challenging, and even skeptical approach (where appropriate).

Well said.

nika01

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 17, 2013, 10:54:34 PM
Well said.

Apparently the loonies have taken over. If you take out all references to Noory being good  you might have something, but I cant let the Noory is OK statement go unchallenged. Not ok, listening to him endumbens all that hear.

urbie88

No matter who the host is this week, the c2c lineup is just bad. Shirley McClain and past lives??? Snorefest. And we'll end the week with another JFK conspiracy show. So original!!

ziznak

i dunno man... ive seen many a thread get pronounced dead only to just get up and go again  the next time Art merely logs into the forum.

Bill Burr vs. Donut

Heather Wade

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 17, 2013, 09:52:20 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA! OK, this made me spit wine all over my monitor  ;D

Thank you â€" I really needed that laugh. :)

Poor Dave.

Because you laughed, I smiled.

jazmunda

My wife just called on her cell. I could barely hear her and asked if she could get to a landline. I couldn't hear her response so I just hung up on her.

Signs you've listened to too much Art Bell?

Quote from: jazmunda on November 17, 2013, 11:45:47 PM
My wife just called on her cell. I could barely hear her and asked if she could get to a landline. I couldn't hear her response so I just hung up on her.

Ha! Had a similar experience earlier tonight. The connection kept breaking up so I did a next caller routine....unfortunately I believe I was the only one amused....

littlechris

With that said he (George Noory) could improve dramatically with greater show preparation, and a more "curious", challenging, and even skeptical approach (where appropriate).

I absolutely agree with you here. I hope "King" Noory is taking notes, cuz I know he's reading this . George, Improving on the above in bold would make you a MUCH better host.

samdean

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on November 17, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
Ha! Had a similar experience earlier tonight. The connection kept breaking up so I did a next caller routine....unfortunately I believe I was the only one amused....

LMAO.

My wife called me "Mr. Bell" tonight because I was on the phone with someone and their cell phone kept dropping out and I told them, "Give me a call when you get to a real phone" and hung up.

AppealPlay

"Please turn your radio off."

synthetic

Noory is OK, and sometimes a good interviewer, Wells is better

Wells is terrible.  He's a fear monger who thinks Alex Jones is a reliable news source. 

samysam1313

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 17, 2013, 06:55:51 PM
Perhaps someone should begin a nice chat thread for those who can't cope with adult language. I dub it "The-Disagree-Without-Being-Disagreeable-I-Hate-George-Noory" thread. I promise to stay away.

It's not adult language. It's profanity. I'm not squeamish by any means but why do so many posts I read have FUCK and other such words in them. It sure isn't necessary. Can't people say what's on their minds without adding foul language to nearly everything? It's called having some CLASS. Would these same people who use these words so frequently talk like that to their bosses or business associates? Adult language my ass. It's more like childish language.

samysam1313

Quote from: weeberwubber on November 17, 2013, 07:02:16 PM
I'm new here so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sensing that you maybe think people are too harsh regarding Mr. Noory.

To each his own. They have a right to their opinions. What I have issue with is the slamming that goes on and the constant foul language. I don't need to read "fuck" in most of the posts I see. Not to mention all the other foul things I read. "Gargling someone's balls" to me is way rude. They think it's funny but I think it's childish and overly rude. Not liking someone is one thing but a lot of what is here isn't just opinions. A lot of it is downright character assignation and defamation of character. That to me is over the top. Some were even commenting about being sued for it in the GNS thread, so those people know it's not exactly cosher. I have no beef with those that don't like George or any of the other Coast hosts, but it can be said without being so rude and defaming that person. Of course that would take some class and wouldn't be as much fun for them.

Falkie2013

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 17, 2013, 10:13:33 PM
I bullshit on your bullshit remark. I haven't heard a broadcast of Knapp's where he doesn't at least touch on the topic of UFOs and aliens.

Giibs smack for you.

Hello ?

Remember C2C was known for its emphasis on the paranormal, the weird and UFOs.

Be glad we have one host who hasn't forgotten that unlike $noory who has said you can't do paranormal 24-7 and went Hollywood instead.

Knapp is great. Leave him alone.

Falkie2013

Quote from: samysam1313 on November 18, 2013, 12:29:34 AM
It's not adult language. It's profanity. I'm not squeamish by any means but why do so many posts I read have FUCK and other such words in them. It sure isn't necessary. Can't people say what's on their minds without adding foul language to nearly everything? It's called having some CLASS. Would these same people who use these words so frequently talk like that to their bosses or business associates? Adult language my ass. It's more like childish language.

You're absolutely fucking right.

;)

I couldn't resist.

I think in some cases its just people who are so frustrated they can't think of anything to do except swear.

I'm ready to do that with Bank Of America. I now have to go in tomorrow for the 3rd time because their security department keeps blocking my account, my atm cards and my online logon despite 2 calls from them and two visits to the branch.

Its all I can do to keep from swearing when I have to deal with those incompetent fools.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 17, 2013, 08:43:24 PM
Don't pay it any mind. It's a part of Bellgab/coastgab history.  MV will be along at some point with the big janitor's broom and make a clean sweep. Again.
Oh that's a fucking riot!  I was told to use ignore and it's my pleasure.  Why don't you go first.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 17, 2013, 11:45:47 PM

That's a whole new topic we could start.

You know you've listened to too much Art Bell when you ... ?

Falkie2013

Quote from: samysam1313 on November 18, 2013, 12:43:20 AM
To each his own. They have a right to their opinions. What I have issue with is the slamming that goes on and the constant foul language. I don't need to read "fuck" in most of the posts I see. Not to mention all the other foul things I read. "Gargling someone's balls" to me is way rude. They think it's funny but I think it's childish and overly rude. Not liking someone is one thing but a lot of what is here isn't just opinions. A lot of it is downright character assignation and defamation of character. That to me is over the top. Some were even commenting about being sued for it in the GNS thread, so those people know it's not exactly cosher. I have no beef with those that don't like George or any of the other Coast hosts, but it can be said without being so rude and defaming that person. Of course that would take some class and wouldn't be as much fun for them.

You'll kindly excuse me if I continue to stay on the attack against Noory.

He's so much fun to make fun of.

dortmunder

Quote from: samysam1313 on November 18, 2013, 12:29:34 AM

Your statement is entirely subjective. To consider something either "classy" or "foul" is based on personal opinion, to which you are entitled. And the rest of us are entitled not to give a fuck. We come here to talk about Art Bell and to have some fun, not to be lectured.

samysam1313

Quote from: DanTSX on November 17, 2013, 06:39:07 PM
It's hate.

George is not welcome here.

When he comes around, I treat him like someone trying to use my property as a shortcut to their crack dealer.  I tell them to fuck off.

Thats why I tell George to fuck off.

If he didn't come here, I wouldn't say it.

There are better ways to tell someone to get lost and FUCK Off ain't it.

samysam1313

Quote from: DanTSX on November 17, 2013, 06:40:17 PM
No.  It is perfectly appropriate.

This is the internet.  It is serious business.

If George is all butthurt, he can just stop reading here, and poof!  The angry talk goes away.

But he still sucks at the end of the day.

Let me get this straight. So because it's the internet, it's totally appropriate to use foul language and have no class????? That doesn't mean you don't have a right to your opinions but opinions can be stated without having to use the F word so casually. It's used almost as much as the word "the".

Catsmile

First... world... problems... so classy.

samysam1313

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 17, 2013, 06:40:48 PM
So what language is appropriate for Noory, a guy that puts David John Oates on the air, a guest who knowingly falsely accuses people of child molestation?

I agree about Oates being on coast but I am not assuming like most here that George even knew about Oates and Art. As for what language is appropriate; if you don't know that, then I recommend taking some language courses. The language here was the same before Oates was even on Coast, so that's not an excuse.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: samysam1313 on November 18, 2013, 12:57:42 AM
There are better ways to tell someone to get lost and FUCK Off ain't it.
Really?  Get fucking lost then.  You are on a forum that #1) encourages free speech #2) most here loathe fucking Noory's voice, looks and fucking idiocy and #3) you are not a fucking moderator.  So I'm sorry why did you stop by?  To lecture?  Good luck with that.

Spinner

Let's just see what the new week brings.