• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

ISIS

Started by Quick Karl, June 10, 2014, 04:34:29 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 16, 2014, 10:25:04 AM
I agree; I also think fear is a motivator too. We're having a problem at the moment with Muslim girls being sexually exploited but threatened with worse if they go to the police. No win situation.
Why do I doubt that most Brit Muslims consider it a problem?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 16, 2014, 10:45:35 AM
Why do I doubt that most Brit Muslims consider it a problem?

You may be right; as I've said before I live across the road from a Muslim family. They have three kids and he dotes on them. The opposite end of the spectrum I know people who would call themselves Christian but are horrible. I still think fear is the controller; the fear of being banished, ostracised from the group. It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist.

albrecht

What is so crazy is that this guy, apparently, converted to the "religion of peace" and those peaceful Muslims still beheaded him. And Obama wants to arm and train more Islamist rebels, to fight his former supported rebels, and sending troops and more bombs! Islam is not the answer: whether conversion or funding the "right" Muslim rebels (because this time we will assuredly pick the right Muslims.)

Embargo the whole region (sure oil&gas prices might spike but we have plenty here and will save $$$ from military spending trying to keep that region safe, wars, etc), find and kick out all of the fifth column Muslim immigrants here in the West, stop all VISAs, student VISAs, etc from Muslim lands, seize funds in banks from those "royals" Muslims, and stop all public funds, housing, and dole for all these immigrants. And, maybe, ship some of those Ebola patients over there back with them when we send those Muslims back home.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11140973/Peter-Kassig-Idealistic-aid-worker-who-converted-to-Islam-in-captivity.html

Delphi

I guess they were unable to pay the ransom?  It's the Englishman again.

https://sendvid.com/nphywh91

Here is a page with comments from people if you feel like getting mad

https://vid.me/RMEQ

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Delphi on February 01, 2015, 07:04:00 AM

Less likely unable; more likely unwilling; tempered with it being futile as Jordan wouldn't have released the potential suicide bomber.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2015, 08:38:23 AM

Less likely unable; more likely unwilling; tempered with it being futile as Jordan wouldn't have released the potential suicide bomber.
Jordan was apparently willing to let her go, but asked for "proof of life" for the pilot days ago and got no response.

Delphi

I have some news on the pilot,  let me find it

Eddie Coyle

The last outfit this proficient in chopping heads off were eventually rewarded with the '72 Winter Olympics. Maybe Istanbul can get an Olympiad out of this mayhem in the long run.

VtaGeezer

They put him in a cage, poured gasoline on him and burned him to death.  I'm OK with tactical nukes in Syria and Iraq. The question is whether this will scare off some coalition members.

Juan

I have grave reservations about our involvement in tribal warfare, but now it is time for very serious retaliation against this bunch.  I don't believe we'll do it though.

Eddie Coyle

ISIL, another reason Bush/Cheney/Powell should be in The Hague. That madness of 2002-03 will haunt us for God only knows how long.

Maybe the CIA/Mossad can team up to kill ISIL's leader in 2035. They got Mughniyah a good two decades after his peak. Though ISIL has done something profoundly wise. Their utter lack of scientists, scholars and paralyzed elderly clerics, thus depriving the Mossad of their favored assassination targets.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Juan on February 03, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
I have grave reservations about our involvement in tribal warfare, but now it is time for very serious retaliation against this bunch.  I don't believe we'll do it though.
ISIL is a movement of psychopaths and needs to be iradicated.  The defeat has to come from inside the Muslims themselves to be successful.  They need to shut down militant preachers in mosques everywhere; they're the wellspring for all Islamist violence.  ISIL is trying to intimidate; I hope they fail but their savagery sends a potent image to any outside combatant being sent into the fight against these animals. 

G.W. Bush warned us in 2007. I`m pretty sure Obama`s brain (Val Jarrett) wasn`t paying attention. Subsequently, it should come as no surprise to anyone that Obama handed Iraq over to ISIS on a White House, Obama-monogrammed platter.

(HD) Remember this? Chillingly prophetic words from then-President George W. Bush in 2007

Yeah security agreement with China, good work Iraq.

This also goes to show what a bullshit boondoggle "training local forces" strategies are. Didn't work in Vietnam, hasn't worked in South and Central America for the last 40 years, and didn't work in Iraq. Probably will be a failure in Afghanistan too.
Oh and it's expensive, very expensive.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 03, 2015, 01:20:43 PM
This also goes to show what a bullshit boondoggle "training local forces" strategies are. Didn't work in Vietnam, hasn't worked in South and Central America for the last 40 years, and didn't work in Iraq. Probably will be a failure in Afghanistan too.
Oh and it's expensive, very expensive.

Hearts and Minds only works if you got them by the Balls. We have a knack for backing the guy that the majority is repulsed by.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 03, 2015, 01:04:49 PM
G.W. Bush warned us in 2007. I`m pretty sure Obama`s brain (Val Jarrett) wasn`t paying attention. Subsequently, it should come as no surprise to anyone that Obama handed Iraq over to ISIS on a White House, Obama-monogrammed platter.

(HD) Remember this? Chillingly prophetic words from then-President George W. Bush in 2007

So if I hit a hornet's nest with a baseball bat, am I considered prescient for warning people they might be stung? No. I'd be rightfully seen as the asshole who hit the hornet's nest.  If we weren't over there monkeying around to begin with, there would be no ISIS. I wish Bush's fortune telling skills had been operative prior to April 2003.

Marc.Knight

For Obama there are no Islamic terrorists, none of this is done in the name of religion, this isn't happening...

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on February 03, 2015, 01:55:12 PM
So if I hit a hornet's nest with a baseball bat, am I considered prescient for warning people they might be stung? No. I'd be rightfully seen as the asshole who hit the hornet's nest.  If we weren't over there monkeying around to begin with, there would be no ISIS. I wish Bush's fortune telling skills had been operative prior to April 2003.

Your counterfactual assertion might be correct, but ISIS also evolved out of the putrid hell that is Syria at the moment, and it is driven by legions of Imams preaching death and torture to all non-Muslims (mostly originating in Saudi Arabia).  These people are brainwashed and collectively make up a death cult within a cult... the product of religiously teaching and thus learning hate and destruction from childhood to adulthood. 

VtaGeezer

W in that vid is nothing more than an arsonist pulling the fire alarm on his way out of the conflagration. You're one crazy guy to post a vid of that jackass tool murderer, the man who let let his old man's crew of gangsters create this ENTIRE mess, and say "he warned us".  His picture's in the dictionary next to the definition for "stupid"...and if there's ever a Wiki page on "America's Demise", he and his top thug Cheney will headline it. 

albrecht

Quote from: Marc.Knight on February 03, 2015, 02:07:29 PM

Your counterfactual assertion might be correct, but ISIS also evolved out of the putrid hell that is Syria at the moment, and it is driven by legions of Imams preaching death and torture to all non-Muslims (mostly originating in Saudi Arabia).  These people are brainwashed and collectively make up a death cult within a cult... the product of religiously teaching and thus learning hate and destruction from childhood to adulthood.
The mistake both of these guys Bush and Obama make it firstly claiming that Islam is the "religion of peace"- a statement that has no basis in historical, or current, fact. And supporting "royals" in countries like Saudi Arabia who fund the most extreme elements, have uneducated and backward cultures, are corrupt, and set up schools all over the Muslim world to spread the most virulent type of the religion.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 16, 2014, 12:19:53 PM

You may be right; as I've said before I live across the road from a Muslim family. They have three kids and he dotes on them. The opposite end of the spectrum I know people who would call themselves Christian but are horrible. I still think fear is the controller; the fear of being banished, ostracised from the group. It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist.

You are just one "a" away from being a "theist".  That word (atheist) is somewhat useless as it asserts a contrary by also asserting its opposite proposition to be existing.   (If there is no basis for theism, then how can there be a "theist")  One cannot be an opposite (or contrary) of what does not exist. 

You illustrate an intelligent point - principles, be they religious or otherwise are non-agents, they cannot "act" upon the world.  People who act on principles are agents of their own limitations, they imperfectly ascribe their actions to principles they construe as being from a higher power - thus the ancient call for blood and murder written in the Quran is seen as a divine imperative that must be acted upon to be true to the faith.  Mix this with power hungry, deluded Imams, and mal-educated youth and you get the global scourge we have now. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: albrecht on February 03, 2015, 02:14:04 PM
The mistake both of these guys Bush and Obama make it firstly claiming that Islam is the "religion of peace"- a statement that has no basis in historical, or current, fact. And supporting "royals" in countries like Saudi Arabia who fund the most extreme elements, have uneducated and backward cultures, are corrupt, and set up schools all over the Muslim world to spread the most virulent type of the religion.

They are feeding a domestic audience with the peace idiocy.  History tells us a story of unbelievable violence and unending death at the hands of Islamic invaders and pirates for centuries.  The same bloody, torturous history is found in the Catholic faith which combined forces with political entities in Europe to decimate (torture and burn to death) millions of indigenous peoples across the Americas.  Most of the major religions had their "reformation" that tamped down their more violent activities, but Islam had no such reformation.  None of this killing at the hands of Islamic warriors is new - just a long line of centuries-old violence in the name of Allah.

b_dubb

You're a drug addled fucktard.  Please go play with your paint chips in the corner and leave the grown ups alone.

albrecht

Quote from: Marc.Knight on February 03, 2015, 02:32:50 PM

They are feeding a domestic audience with the peace idiocy.  History tells us a story of unbelievable violence and unending death at the hands of Islamic invaders and pirates for centuries.  The same bloody, torturous history is found in the Catholic faith which combined forces with political entities in Europe to decimate (torture and burn to death) millions of indigenous peoples across the Americas.  Most of the major religions had their "reformation" that tamped down their more violent activities, but Islam had no such reformation.  None of this killing at the hands of Islamic warriors is new - just a long line of centuries-old violence in the name of Allah.
True, they need a reformation or, better yet, join modernity in at least limited tolerance of others. Speaking of those holy "indigenous peoples across the Atlantic" our modern history books seem to leave out the tortures inflicted upon their enemies in internal Indian tribal conflicts, slavery, etc. Some tribes more than others, of course. But some were particularly adept and took torture of captives to the next level- probably beat our ISIS or the Inquisition in their technique in fact. Not to mention the "rape culture" in many Indian tribes- you had a bad lot if you were a woman captive (and not just white women though that came later once we arrived.) Children and babies were usually just killed and so got off easy. And, of course, the human sacrifices and ritual games in certain Mesoamerican cultures. As soon as we evil Westerners landed Indians quickly adopted our technology (first the horse and later firearms) and commenced killing each other and driving enemy tribes from their lands, played Western powers against each other (and often siding with the West against their old tribal enemies), etc.

Quote from: Delphi on February 01, 2015, 07:04:00 AM

Apparently the pilot First Lt. Moaz al Kasasbeh was murdered on January 3rd before any demands were made by ISIS for the female suicide bomber's release. Now it'll be interesting to see if Jordan makes good on its promise to execute her and the other terrorists they have in custody. For what it's worth, this latest act of depravity should convince any doubters that there is no point in  negotiation for hostages with this group. They need to be put down as one would a rabid dog, and I can't believe I, a peaceloving person, actually typed that, but I think society needs to be protected from psychopaths. That includes revoking the citizenship and passports of anyone who left their country to fight with this group. The ones responsible for destabilizing the area in 2002-2003 with the invasion of Iraq should be in the Hague, on trial.

Jordan says they are going to execute several ISIS members they've caught in retaliation.  Including that woman they were offering to trade.  Within hours.

I hope they do so, or better yet - have already done so.  And televise it. 

I believe in killing terrorists in retaliation for specific acts that are beyond the pale, not really concerned about which 'group' they may be from - i.e., any Islamic terrorist in our possession will do.  Instead of releasing the Gitmo pukes (the worst of them, the never to be released types) or trading them for deserters, killing a few each time in retaliation for beheadings, etc, seems like a fine way to rid ourselves of them. 

By the way, isn't Lebanon holding one of the ISIS leader's wives? 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/islamic-state-shows-burning-of-hostage-jordan-vows-earth-shaking-response/ar-AA8WfI1?ocid=ASUDHP

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 03, 2015, 07:02:08 PM
Jordan says they are going to execute several ISIS members they've caught in retaliation.  Including that woman they were offering to trade.  Within hours.

I hope they do so, or better yet - have already done so.  And televise it. 

I believe in killing terrorists in retaliation for specific acts that are beyond the pale, not really concerned about which 'group' they may be from - i.e., any Islamic terrorist in our possession will do.  Instead of releasing the Gitmo pukes (the worst of them, the never to be released types) or trading them for deserters, killing a few each time in retaliation for beheadings, etc, seems like a fine way to rid ourselves of them. 

By the way, isn't Lebanon holding one of the ISIS leader's wives? 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/islamic-state-shows-burning-of-hostage-jordan-vows-earth-shaking-response/ar-AA8WfI1?ocid=ASUDHP
Yes, but in Muslim culture, especially in either the very rich "royal" houses and with the more radical extremist groups, wives are not that valued so I'm not sure how much leverage simply having one of the ISIS wives in custody could be gained. At least no leverage by killing, torturing, or imprisoning her. He could likely care less. Though maybe if she got her own reality tv show and was shown drinking and sexually cavorting with all kinds of men- without garb even. Being cuckolded for the world to see on a reality tv show, including his fellow Muslims, might be an effective strategy. Maybe even go so far as to show her going to school, driving a car, showing some ankle, or something really shameful in that culture. That would bring shame and angst to the ISIS guy and all his radical buddies would make fun of him (at least behind his back.)

Invading Iraq is very likely the worst military decision we've made in our history.  And that's saying something.  George W Bush and his advisors own that forever.

Obama pulled out of Iraq without a status of forces agreement - leaving a huge vacuum - while proclaiming al-Qaeda was 'on the run'.  In essence handing territory the US fought for and took causalities over to a reinvigorated al-Qaeda offshoot (ISIS).  A massive blunder piled on top of Bushes' massive blunder.

As it stands now, the Sunni Caliphate ISIS is gaining support from the worst groups in Syria, Iraq, northern Africa, and Nigeria (Boko Harum) and everywhere in between.  The Shia Caliphate Iran is on the move and now has under it's wing southern Iraq, Yemen, and Hezbollah (southern and eastern Lebanon) - and has stepped up agitation in the Gulf States among the Shiite population there. 

Turkey - with their Islamo-fascist leader Erdogan - is standing by hoping to swoop in and re-establish the Ottoman Empire if and when ISIS and Iran burn themselves out.

Meanwhile Obama and Kerry are trying to cut a horrible deal (for us and the rest of the world) with Iran, isolate Israel, and bring down Netanyahu in the upcoming elections there.