• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on August 27, 2016, 03:03:10 AM
jokes aside that would be weird to have a bellgab related dream tho

don't think I've had one yet but I have had dreams from video games and books, although most of them seem to come from nowhere which I find really interesting, like there's some part of the brain which can just generate these places - maybe that's what writers can tap into

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2016, 02:58:42 AM
Maverick?

Nope, but here's the lineup:

Master Buddwing
How Sweet It Is
The Americanization of Emily
The Thrill of It All
36 Hours
Hour of the Gun
Support Your Local Sheriff
The Great Escape
Grand Prix
Skin Game
Marlowe

& then Gary Cooper day starts.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:04:14 AM
For sleeping another thing that really helps me is good quality white noise.  I made my own system since the off-the-shelf ones suck.  I got these great mp3's of natural sounds like rain, ocean waves, air-con unit etc. and put them on endless repeat.

I have an app called Brainwaves for my iPhone that uses white noise and binaural beats. Works great, except you have to use earbuds or headphones. That gets old after awhile. Especially if you toss and turn.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2016, 03:08:39 AM
I have an app called Brainwaves for my iPhone that uses white noise and binaural beats. Works great, except you have to use earbuds or headphones. That gets old after awhile. Especially if you toss and turn.

I have an old cd-mp3 player from like '99 that I plugged computer speakers into and blast rainstorm sounds at my head.

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:04:14 AM
For sleeping another thing that really helps me is good quality white noise.  I made my own system since the off-the-shelf ones suck.  I got these great mp3's of natural sounds like rain, ocean waves, air-con unit etc. and put them on endless repeat.
Those actually work quite well. I also have about 7 hours of elevator music for lack of a better term, as mp3. You'll actually find it w/ the search term 'elevator music' - lol

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:12:00 AM
I have an old cd-mp3 player from like '99 that I plugged computer speakers into and blast rainstorm sounds at my head.

Just listen to skyrim ambient sounds  :)

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:12:00 AM

cant do that..i have earplugs i put in and a sleep mask..have to have complete dark and no sound

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on August 27, 2016, 03:15:19 AM
Just listen to skyrim ambient sounds  :)

ha that's funny you say that .. sometimes I fall asleep at my desk that way ... often inside an empty castle room with a roaring fire ... zzzz

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:06:55 AM
don't think I've had one yet but I have had dreams from video games and books, although most of them seem to come from nowhere which I find really interesting, like there's some part of the brain which can just generate these places - maybe that's what writers can tap into
I wouldn't doubt that one bit.
When I was learning OOP, I was so heavy into it that I actually used to dream in code. There's a pretty good website named that too.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:17:08 AM
ha that's funny you say that .. sometimes I fall asleep at my desk that way ... often inside an empty castle room with a roaring fire ... zzzz

Im being serious, any time i play skyrim i turn the music all the way down and just enjoy the sounds

Quote from: OstrichThief on August 27, 2016, 03:14:36 AM
Goodnight all!    Till next week
Have a good one OstrichThief, and next week, we'll need those pictures of your loot, else you'll have to requisition a name change. ;)   ;D

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on August 27, 2016, 03:18:04 AM
Im being serious, any time i play skyrim i turn the music all the way down and just enjoy the sounds

yep me too .. i found some mods that add more ... i esp. love the weather sounds ... i also love skyrim at nite, just gazing at the landscapes

akwilly

I sleep on boats like a baby. After many days doing that it's hard to sleep at home. What helps is my little dog. He snuggles up and I am scared to move and usually zonk out

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on August 27, 2016, 03:22:36 AM
I sleep on boats like a baby. After many days doing that it's hard to sleep at home. What helps is my little dog. He snuggles up and I am scared to move and usually zonk out

boat is like a train...rocking motion

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:22:04 AM
yep me too .. i found some mods that add more ... i esp. love the weather sounds ... i also love skyrim at nite, just gazing at the landscapes

Nothing beats seeing that planets double moons at midnight

zeebo

Ok all ... well all this talk of dreams is making me sleepy finally.  Wishing you all peaceful nocturnal voyages of the unconscious.   8)

akwilly

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:24:09 AM
Ok all ... well all this talk of dreams is making me sleepy finally.  Wishing you all peaceful nocturnal voyages of the unconscious.   8)

catch you later zeebo

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:24:09 AM

Have a good one zeebo. :)

As for me, I'm off to fire up the oil, grab some cornmeal, and wrap a couple of hotdogs with batter.
Enjoy the weekend everyone :)

akwilly

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on August 27, 2016, 03:37:45 AM
Have a good one zeebo. :)

As for me, I'm off to fire up the oil, grab some cornmeal, and wrap a couple of hotdogs with batter.
Enjoy the weekend everyone :)

damn that sounds tasty. I am grilling chicken. Catch you later logan

K_Dubb

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2016, 03:06:55 AM

That is a fascinating theory, and makes sense in a way.  For most folks, that imagination which must be responsible for dreaming is blocked in the conscious state.

My dreams (which seem to be encouraged by the consumption of large amounts of meat at dinner -- wtf?) seem to be 90% made up of pieces of reality with 10% strangeness -- vivid colors, fantastic scenarios, and imagery that can only be described as surrealist.  Never having taken psychedelics, I like to imagine I'm getting a little taste.

I Am Gary

Quote from: PaulAtreides on August 27, 2016, 08:41:54 AM
I'm surprised that he wears pants.
Then I guess he buys his @ the "Pants that look like shorts with pasty old man legs with varicose veins" store.

pate

Hoax needs to see this video, on the screen behind the singer you can clearly see the structures on the Moon.

https://youtu.be/ItXygU9SJCA?t=195

I am glad pop-culture is finally following Hoax's (Hoaxes'?) lead in getting this information out to the peeps!

ediTest'd: foar brevity, data-wise it is in thar!