• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Art Bell on February 21, 2015, 08:37:49 PM
No news yet. The deal is actively being worked on by both sides, I will let you all know the moment we have a deal because until that time THOSE PEOPLE would screw with it. For all I know they have already tried to steal Falkie away for their bumpers.

I love this board, never change.

Art

Sir, can you please tell Falkie he doesn't need to wear drag for a radio gig?

Humbly yours,
Man who doesn't want to wake up to a Falkie-in-drag video.

coaster

I love that Art loves the site.

elbee

elbee

Whut is thu inurnette?

It has to have started somehow!

Omphen Lines!

starrmtn001

Thank you Art for keeping us updated. :D

Quote from: coaster on February 21, 2015, 08:57:09 PM
I love that Art loves the site.

I hope we do something to become vaguely lovable again!

Daggit

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Art are you taking the lead on these negotiations or are you using Keith?

Oh and C2CAM can have Falkie or was that your plan all along? You magnificent genius.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Daggit on February 21, 2015, 09:05:26 PM

Oh and C2CAM can have Falkie or was that your plan all along? You magnificent genius.

Daggit, you are a magnificent e-tard. Falkie isn't going to C2CAM.

popple

Art
To change would take far too much energy anyways....

WhiteCrow

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 21, 2015, 09:03:27 PM
I hope we do something to become vaguely lovable again!

Well then pick up your game!  God knows I'm trying with my limited abilities.

Quote from: El Bee on February 21, 2015, 09:00:17 PM
Whut is thu inurnette?

Omphen Lines!

Leslie Gore invented it then she died.  No wait, it was Al Gore.  No wait, it was...uh never mind.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: El Bee on February 21, 2015, 09:00:17 PM
Whut is thu inurnette?

Omphen Lines!

C-   Good start! ...I would of graded you lower but wouldn't want to stifle future efforts.

Dateline

This sounds like a serious relationship, never change.

I know what the secret is, it is the Falkie bargaining chip.  :)

Thanks for the update, Art!

Heather Wade

Art loves BellGab, and I love popple's gif.  So much.

Danger!UFO

Thanks for the update, Art!

Please keep the rights to rebroadcast your new show. I hope everything works out the way you want it! Bumper music and all!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 21, 2015, 09:37:07 PM

... sweet dreams tonight.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 21, 2015, 09:56:41 PM
He's the guy always being mean to Dave

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Obviously anyone would be proud to have Art Bell in their line up but I just hope Sirius/XM was a learning experience and all parties involved are 100% satisfied moving forward on this yet-to-be-revealed deal. No more 1001 errors, music rights issues cleared up, and no more Jimmy Chimichanga Ghost Investigators Society.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 21, 2015, 02:29:21 PM
Yeah but we generally keep noory shit contained to his thread or where it is at least relative. The super long post with pointless images are redundant. His schtik is getting pretty old. People could always block him but then they wouldn't understand wtf is going on in the Bellgab universe.

I'm fine with falkie and his redundant posting but keep that contained to his thread. It doesn't need to be in the art bell thread too.

The idea that Falkie posts long streams of consciousness and refuses to stay confined to his thread is part of his charm

I don't read any of it or watch the videos - I just enjoy reading peoples reactions.  Which is also the way George Noory is best enjoyed.

Heather Wade

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 21, 2015, 09:40:29 PM
... sweet dreams tonight.

Nah, as usual I will be up all night wondering why Fox Mulder has never posted a single thing.

Chaim

No news yet. The deal is actively being worked on by both sides, I will let you all know the moment we have a deal because until that time THOSE PEOPLE would screw with it. For all I know they have already tried to steal Falkie away for their bumpers.

Art

just doing a quick brainstorm about what might be there to negotiate and what is there to consider.

1. Free stream wordwide obviously costs money. Only income is through ads. Makes my head spin to think about how to calculate this mess, but I don't have any experience with advertising and how much money it can bring in. Can Art make deals with advertisers himself, or only his partner.

2. calculating Art's share in the bumper music cost.

3. who owns Art's recorded radio shows, or who has what usage rights.

4. which percentage of the "pay-wall customers" revenue goes to whom. (I imagine we can download the shows in better quality than the stream, and possibly other goodies like some video).

5. all the aspects of selling the show to (terrestrial) radio-stations.

6. time-frame of the contract, and possible non-compete clauses. Everybody hates this, but I also understand a _reasonable_ safety for the partner has to be included. It's a lot of work to set this up, and the partner probably wants some security that Art isn't abusing this and switches to another partner after a few months once his show has grabbed enough attention again, or decides to quit suddenly (god forbid).

Anyway, good luck, and as everybody here - I can't wait to hear your "first" new show. Also, I'm eager to hear when the deal is set in stone and we can get the details to start help you promote the new show with youtube videos and other things.

WhiteCrow

Using super XX secret c-crane, Russian sputnik-satellite, North-Korean e-clones, email hacking technology, intercepted the following:

Tommy: Hi George, sorry to email so late but just informed by our DaveBots on Bellgab, that Art has some 'big' plans in works about his comeback.

George: No worries Tommy, I'm the King and if need be I'll post on Bellgab with my King Avatar again.

Tommy: No George, the King crown isn't going to make it this time, Bateman posted on Bellgab that C2C-IHeart lost $700 million last year. The jig maybe up for us. Art's going to take over the streaming Internet, we better find out what he is up to.

George: Again Tommy, you worry to much, everyone loves me. I'll call into Gabcast next week, those suckers love it when I do that.

Tommy: But George you hired me to keep on top of the competition, and I'm telling you something big is going on with Art.
My DaveBots on Bellgab are coming up clueless.

Tommy: Hi George, just got an update from two of our Bellgab DaveBot. Art has some new plans to revolutionize his Bumper Music. It's some big cost savings idea, where he doesn't have to pay royalty fees anymore. I'm going to work up a white-paper on it.
It may save our butts too.

George: Do you think we can offset IHearts/C2C 2015 one billion projected lost by cheating those greedy Artist out of royalties.

Tommy: Yep that's what I'm hoping, if not that, we should be close. You'll be the King again, I'll make sure you get credit for it.

George: Har har har,  beat Art at his own game again and save C2C too. I'm best there ever was. I'll go down as top broadcaster ever, Rush can lick my boots.

Tommy: The DaveBots just sent an update with more of Art's plan; Over on Bellgab they have this amazing talent, that Art plans to hire to sing all his bumper music. I'll press the Bots for more info. Back at you soon.

George: OK was going to die my stache and rug, but I'll wait for your update. If need be, grease those Bellgab DaveBots a few months of free Coast Insider streaming and free Best of Art CD box set. 

Tommy: That Art just can't keep his plans secret, what a dope. I just emailed this guy named Falkie that is going to sing all of Art's bumper music; that whatever Art is paying Falkie to sing his Bumper Music, we'll double the offer.

George: Tommy make sure that Flakie signs a long term non compete, and offer him triple Art's rate if need be. WE NEED FLAKIE!

Tommy: BTW his name is Falkie not Flakie, Got it will do the non compete agreement, 20 years should tie him up good. And no need to do your die job tonight, I can give you a touch-up in the morning.

George: The bottle of boot-black that I use for touch-ups is almost empty, so pick up a new one on your way to work and dust off my King's crown too. I'll want to wear it when I present your white-paper to the execs.

When all is said and done and the needle is cruising nicely in the groove, I hope that Mr. Bell will have, as a guest in the not too distant future, a psychic medium who can put us in touch with Dr. Shafica Karagullaligloolagliyah.

We need to talk to her about "the problem nephew."

Quote from: MV on February 21, 2015, 04:46:10 PM
i'll thank you not to make fun of my moobs, sir.

Lol. Falkies are better. I've been working hard on my moobs, running on the treadmill in the gym. Since you said your a fat fella I encourage you to start working out if your not already. I feel a lot better since hitting the gym and sleep better to.

I am actually not trying to be a dick. This goes for anyone really.

Chaim

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 21, 2015, 09:37:07 PM
Your avatar should be illegal. It's too hot.

http://youtu.be/6DG_LIHtkB0
Like this album by The Cure.

coaster

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 21, 2015, 10:57:09 PM
Falkies are better.
I'd slather them in mayo and motor boat them. ok, that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

WOTR

Art
I almost died trying to keep the port down (yes, tonight it is port...)  I was reading about Falkie ruining Arts thread, Falkie sending MV his PM's, Eddie being a shop steward and FTF dealing with diva strippers and then I read this.  God, I love this board.

WOTR

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 21, 2015, 03:14:29 PM
   My PTSD from being a shop steward is flaring up. Having to deal with roughly 3 dozen Falkies on an hourly basis. The USPS was a magnet for that type of idiosyncrasy.
Sorry EC- I was going to nominate this for most amusing post of the week until Art posted.  Now you have to settle for second place.

I read the part about PTSD from being shop steward, glanced over to find who posted it and laughed myself silly with the mental image of you being a shop steward.  Then I got further to find it was for USPS and wondered if the comedy would ever end.

I am imagining you dealing with every little benign bitch that a USPS employee could come up with and trying to maintain your sanity.