• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on September 11, 2013, 09:35:59 PM
Yeah, I could just dub them into Audition or something. Sit tight.

Still sitting...

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 11, 2013, 10:28:37 PM
  C'mon, I thought the dummies were real

I missed this dummy thing.  Do you have a link?

bateman

Quote from: Spinner on September 11, 2013, 10:42:05 PM
Still sitting...

Having technical difficulties over here. Ross is gonna take a crack at it. Fuckin' Myspace, man.

eddie dean

Quote from: Renaldo on September 11, 2013, 10:11:34 PM

From the C2C site. The description is:
A few years ago George Noory came to visit Chicago, I think to host an event or to receive an award. I was a board operator at the radio station in which he did the broadcast prior to the event. I took the opportunity to sketch, what I believed happened that night and had George sign off on it.

Wow, even the caricature Noory sucks

sleeplessinca

So I'm sitting here alone on page 1233 and the tally thingy says there are 82 folks reading this....  I'm out of Marty Feldman quotes...  Maybe you all like Flips and are mad cuz I shot my firehose at him?  or maybe we need some new topic...

How about those Niners!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on September 11, 2013, 10:42:56 PM
I'll see if I can find it.  Embarrassing

zeebo

Quote from: lonevoice on September 11, 2013, 09:11:14 PM
She's getting more information about his activities by actively interacting with him and attempting to engage him?  She spends a lot of time kicking the anthill at GNS whenever he's around.  It might be useful to see how he reacts when the natives get restless.  I don't know, there are so many possibilities.  It could still be about watching us, but just as easily it could be about watching Dave.  I rather like the possibility of Dave getting paranoid about it, so I think I'll go with it.

Maybe she's trying a variation of the Turing test, seeing if whoever's on the Gnoory account is technically an intelligent life form.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 11, 2013, 10:46:39 PM
So I'm sitting here alone on page 1233 and the tally thingy says there are 82 folks reading this....  I'm out of Marty Feldman quotes...  Maybe you all like Flips and are mad cuz I shot my firehose at him?  or maybe we need some new topic...

How about those Niners!

Could be worse - could be raining.

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on September 11, 2013, 02:53:23 PM
going back in time to witness the Gettysburg Address.   
Would this be the infamous Gettysburg address you are referring to?

Spinner

. . .  or maybe we need some new topic...

How about those Niners!
How about,
George Noory Sucks x 3

Renaldo

So I'm sitting here alone on page 1233 and the tally thingy

How about those Ninjas!

I read that as TALL-y. hahaha

sleeplessinca

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 11, 2013, 10:41:37 PM
You missed me! How sweet.

Yeah, George made another blunder. I won't be listening to the truther either.
You just pop-up all over the place like those freaky underwater Nazis in "Shockwaves".
I could not sleep for weeks....

Renaldo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 11, 2013, 11:04:14 PM
You just pop-up all over the place like those freaky underwater Nazis in "Shockwaves".

hahaha I love that movie. How crazy that you'd reference it like that!

Renaldo

Wow, decapitated and dismembered? I like how Gruesome Dave puts the emphasis there.

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on September 11, 2013, 10:58:22 PM
Would this be the infamous Gettysburg address you are referring to?

Well the story of zipping back in time to see it has become somewhat infamous  :D

Btw for those interested, this came up once before, and SnapT was kind enough to post Basiago's claimed picture of the event:

http://coastgab.com/index.php?topic=3.msg139619#msg139619

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Renaldo on September 11, 2013, 11:09:14 PM
hahaha I love that movie. How crazy that you'd reference it like that!
Am I right?  I'm trying to get a picture to share.  Those images still haunt me.
Anyone curious just google Shockwaves Nazi images.  Big fun.

George Noory Sucks x4

Quote from: Ravenna on September 11, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
One has to wonder why PremRat would want to ruin a radio show that had such a flourishing listenership, allowing them to charge top dollars to advertisers due to the show's ratings.  I can only surmise it must have been some sort of vendetta to Art, but why cripple your cash cow just to make one man unhappy.  Makes no sense to me, so I can only assume my surmise is incorrect.

To me that's what this whole thread is about - exploring how George Noory got this job and how he keeps it.

It's not because he has the talent or an aptitude for it, or because the ratings are great, or because people like George or think he does a good job, or because they get lots of positive email, or because the show is entertaining, or educational.

I think much of it is that late night and overnight radio is and always has been a wasteland with few listeners (other than Art Bell).  As long as they have something to bundle with packages of other shows, it must be enough. 

Morning and afternoon drive time is where the listeners are and where the advertising dollar is.  PremRat has dozens of other shows with much better time slots t worry about.  C2C is an afterthought to them.

Phantom

Tonight’s show is very disrespectful IMO.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 11, 2013, 11:04:14 PM

Had never heard of it.  Cult Horror Films says, "The best of the Nazi zombie movies."

Hey, and Adrian Monk's real life wife is in it - Brooke Adams.  And get this TV fans - wait for it.....Luke Halpin!!  So, there is our tie in with Captain Dolphin.  Luke was one of the boys from Flipper!!  What are the odds that Sleepless would pick a movie and one of the Flipper boys is in it?  Ashtronomical!  There are no coincidences.   8)

fotd

Guest:  Are you serious?  This is a serious question? <literally laughing in George's face>

Awesome!

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 11, 2013, 08:05:31 PM
Alright lovelies, I got the go ahead to come clean and tell you who I am and who I work for. I'm . . . *ate by polar bear*

SciFi, I swam with Flipper. I knew Flipper. Flipper was a friend of mine. SciFi, you are no Flipper. You are a shark in dolphin's clothing. You are an artificial porpoise with an ulterior purpose. There is something fishy about you. I won't take the bait.

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on September 11, 2013, 10:42:56 PM

[attachimg=1]

George with grandson Gavin

[attachimg=2]

George's dummy collection

Spinner

Quote from: fotd on September 11, 2013, 11:24:04 PM
Guest:  Are you serious?  This is a serious question? <literally laughing in George's face>

Awesome!
I'm afraid to ask, but, What did the dimwit ask?

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on September 11, 2013, 07:40:01 PM
I dunno Ravenna. I don't think management is worried about the show, from a marketing aspect. As long as they are making profit and continuing to lower their operating costs they are going to be happy. They may well be making more profit with shittier shows.

I don't think they care all that much about Art coming back. I would guess they don't see SiriusXM as a competitor. If just five percent of their listeners spends 100 dollars a year that is 17.5 million. I would think many advertisers would want a piece of that
I think this perfectly reflects PremRad's attitude. And I think it reflects reality as far as Sirius not being a direct competitor to commercial radio. I think C2C will get along like it has been, a mediocre show hosted by a genially incompetent host who doesn't terribly offend most people; and any changes which may occur in the future will have little to do with Art's presence in a very small, upscale market.

Divine

I am disgusted with tonight's show time to crash for the night.   

George Noory this is really a sick show and topic to re-hash First I have been a firefighter for Over six years at the time It took Place and by capitalizing on it to make money, it is sick, Your Suck Level Is going to new Heights.

RIP

ALC

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Phantom on September 11, 2013, 11:19:38 PM
Tonight’s show is very disrespectful IMO.

Most of his shows are. They insult your intelligence.

Guest: "Glad to be back."
George Noory: "You too." (actual quotes from tonight's program)

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 11, 2013, 11:29:37 PM
Woah. You photoshopped the guys grandson ????

Wtf why?

I didn't do it. 

Someone was asking about the dummies and if the photo was real.

fotd

Quote from: Spinner on September 11, 2013, 11:27:52 PM

I'm afraid to ask, but, What did the dimwit ask?

George asked why they haven't reopened the investigation into 09/11. 

Renaldo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 11, 2013, 11:17:55 PM
Am I right?  I'm trying to get a picture to share.  Those images still haunt me.
Anyone curious just google Shockwaves Nazi images.  Big fun.

In case people are curious:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076704/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Probably the best Nazi zombie movie starring Peter Cushing.