• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 03, 2017, 07:30:03 AM
What better way to say “I love you”, than the gift of 24k gold. 😄😄😄

I am not one afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome but that's really disturbing..........

136 or 142

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 08:49:16 AM
I have been a sports hero,

You were responsible for the U.S National Soccer Team failing to qualify for the World Cup!  You God Damned LOSER!

Swishypants

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 04:33:52 PM
You were responsible for the U.S National Soccer Team failing to qualify for the World Cup!  You God Damned LOSER!

Keeping the US out of Soccer would be considered a heroic deed in the USA. We don't give a fuuuuuuck about dumbass Soccer!

Swishypants

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 04:33:43 PM
I am not one afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome but that's really disturbing..........

Trump is the greatest Troll the world has ever known. Everytime I see his image it makes me roll around on the ground laughing. He's the funniest dude ever! "LIBERTY" should be replaced with "COVFEFE!"

136 or 142

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2017, 10:50:38 AM
No: that's what results from massive tax breaks for corporations and so called 'trickle down economics'.

Which planet do you live on? Shareholders are the first consideration for a big company. That is business law. Shareholders (and the private equity firms therein) decide what path the firm will take and if they decide the board is going to shed jobs, then jobs they're going to shed.

Were? This isn't history, it goes on today. Ask why Trump and his daughter have their shit made in South East Asia and the the far east...It isn't because they love America.

Again, you use the past sense.

Actually no. Most shareholders are Private pension companies and private equity/hedge fund firms (Many many foreign ones) . They're not evil, but neither do they have any love for the staff of the firms they hold shares in.

Why? Because the firms they work for make it so (Small businesses excepted). You make it so over simplistic it isn't really worth trying to explain. You know don't you that in the last thirty or so years the gap between the very highest paid and the lowest has widened exponentially? In the 70's one half of a couple went to work, bought their home, ran a car, and had holidays...These days both HAVE to work, the percentage of their combined salaries is far higher to going to keep the roof over their heads, and many are living week to week.

Jesus fucking christ. Stop watching Fox. Grow up.

1.There is a difference between a firm firing an individual employee and a firm 'laying off' tens, or hundreds or thousands of employees at the same time.

I don't know what the attitude of publicly traded companies on laying off employees is right now.  I know it goes through fads in much the same way that fashion goes through cycles.  At one time, laying off thousands of employees was among the most certain ways of getting a short term increase in the share price.

The psychopath and totally incompetent CEO Al 'Chainsaw' Dunlap made himself extremely wealthy by doing this for a number of firms while adding zero wealth to any of those companies.

2.For many low level employees, the jobs may not change all that much, but the work requirements have increased significantly while the pay has not. 

albrecht

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 03, 2017, 01:17:50 PM

They don't seem to even care about ages, all is fair game: from the very young (as I posted before) to teenagers to senior citizens and often not just rape, which is bad enough, but brutally beating the victim, in addition to other crimes.
I'm sure these people fully support "sanctuary cities," Obama DREAMers, and open-borders:
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime/article/Charges-Woman-bludgeoned-raped-at-Burien-11438986.php
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/man-accused-of-burien-rape-facing-possible-deportation/

http://www.kgw.com/news/woman-65-in-ne-portland-reports-sex-assault-break-in-and-car-burglary/459231264
http://www.kptv.com/story/35979018/court-docs-portland-sex-abuse-suspect-has-history-of-arrests-deportations

But, hey, only women so who cares? Certainly worth being able to get your lawn cut at a cheaper rate!

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 04:33:43 PM
Same and I like many of his policies and love how he trolls Hollywood and their media. But his garish personal style in architecture and manners make me think he could go for those coins!

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 05:00:38 PM
Same and I like many of his policies and love how he trolls Hollywood and their media. But his garish personal style in architecture and manners make me think he could go for those coins!

Trump has policies?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2017, 12:12:47 PM

They don't pay 35%. Because the firms that would, employ accountants to ensure they don't.

Some do, some have no way to do so.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 05:04:00 PM
Trump has policies?
Yes, trying to ban terrorists from entering, trying to get illegals out, appointing good Justices/judges, eliminating many regulations and telling agencies to enact new ones you must eliminate others, and trolling Hollywood, the Democrats, the Left, and their media. And purging some Republicans who love the whole DC-based hog-at-the-trough system from politics (of course they will likely go to work for lobbyists, a lawfirm, or a defense contractor and make more money, but still.)

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 03, 2017, 02:23:25 PM
You do know that because of all the loopholes, the EFFECTIVE tax rate for most is significantly lower, even 0 for the likes of GE, right?

Yes, as I mentioned certain favored industries pay far lower.  I'm very well aware that GE, whose chairman was head of Obama's economic advisory council, pays zero in taxes.  But the loopholes are mostly targeted to certain industries, or to encourage certain activites, so not every company can reduce their rate much, if at all - although certainly plenty do. 

But when there are 1.7 million traditional C corporations in the US, leave it to a Lib to point to one very politically connected company that arranges things so it can pay nothing, as if that's the norm.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 03, 2017, 12:05:29 PM
When all else fails, break out the immigration boogeyman.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2017, 12:15:21 PM
Massive immigration? You mean Mexicans doing the jobs the indigenous population won't do?

The population of the US in 1980 was something less than 230 million.  Today it's a little over 330 million.  The bulk of that increase is from the Third World. 

That rate of increase; and from places that are poorer, less educated, people who have fewer job skills, a language barrier in most cases, and who don't share our traditions and culture (such as democracy) are going to affect all aspects of society here.

It's a little disingenuous when explaining why things have changed over time to throw it back in someone's face when they point out immigration had an impact on whatever the issue under discussion is.  It's more of the same old charges of ''racism'' the Left and the Democrats always seems to fall back on.

So yes, massive immigration had an effect on real estate prices, and kept wages down to the extent the population rose faster than job creationover that period.  I do hope these concepts aren't too difficult to grasp.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 07:00:17 PM
Yes, trying to ban terrorists from entering, trying to get illegals out, appointing good Justices/judges, eliminating many regulations and telling agencies to enact new ones you must eliminate others.

I suppose three of those qualify as policies, especially since you used the word 'try.'  I agree with that, whether his policies in these areas will be effective or not is another matter, as you seem to indicate you are aware of as well.

Of course, appointing judges is not a policy, and whether they are 'good' or not is a value judgement.

In regards to the regulations, there actually is no Trump policy on requiring agencies to eliminate regulations when coming up with new ones.  It's actually far more of an advisory position than a requirement, as there are no details behind this 'requirement.'

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/01/trumps-regulation-eo/515007/

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2017, 12:11:31 PM
Again, you're simplistic. You condone the bad treatment by firms and then blame the worker for not doing something about it. Not everyone can just get another job, just like that...But its okay, because you're now saying "Well they shouldn't complain and just get on with it"

Why? Because unless you've been living in a cave on the Moon for the last thirty years, the jobs market is shrinking, and many are exported to low wage countries. Therefore those that are left are at a premium, and the firms know this and so can basically say take it or leave it.

In the REALWORLDâ,,¢, Many jobs that used to be well paid no longer are. Automation negates high skills and therefore employers don't need to pay for them. Zero hour contracts are also far more prevalent than they ever were.

Which skills are you referring to? Manufacturing? The manufacturing industries in the west have almost collapsed because its cheaper to get things made in the far east. Ask Apple. Loads of jobs in things you need a good degree in and things such as selling.

I'm all for low taxation; Just make it equitable. In other words stop throwing crumbs to the majority of us, and throwing money at those who dump their assets offshore anyway.

You hate Thatcher and Reagan.  You believe bigger government and more rules, programs, and spending are the answer to any problem.  You fundamentally don't believe in capitalism, believe businesses are out to screw everyone, and that the public sector is noble and there to help us.  Oddly enough, this all follows the Democrat Fake News Media narrative.

When business malfeasance is emphasized by the media, and the incompetence of government is overlooked, over a period of time it's easy for the news consumer to consciously or subconsiously come to the conclusion that businesses are evil and operate out of greed and self interest, but the government sector is just the opposite.  Especially when that is backed up by Democrats, academia, Hollywood, and various other voices.

At this point in your life, you've decided business is bad; government is good; Reagan and Thatcher were evil, and their polices only benefited the rich; etc, etc, the whole Liberal talking point list, and you pick and choose your information accordingly.  And we get posts like the one I'm responding to. 

You'd probably faint if I told you the politicians and government employees are just as selfish, power hungry, and greedy as the folks in the private sector are.  I'd say they're worse on every level - the above plus incompetence, lack of accountability, lack of responsiveness, uncaring, etc etc.  Obviously that's painting with a very broad brush and there are plenty of excellent people working in government agencies and plenty of rats in the private sector, but would you rather be in line at the store in a government office? 

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 07:26:38 PM
I suppose three of those qualify as policies, especially since you used the word 'try.'  I agree with that, whether his policies in these areas will be effective or not is another matter, as you seem to indicate you are aware of as well.

Of course, appointing judges is not a policy, and whether they are 'good' or not is a value judgement.

In regards to the regulations, there actually is no Trump policy on requiring agencies to eliminate regulations when coming up with new ones.  It's actually far more of an advisory position than a requirement, as there are no details behind this 'requirement.'

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/01/trumps-regulation-eo/515007/
The Atlantic? Sorry, had to clean up laughing after spilling my drink. Aren't they the ones with almost no sales and just had to fire the editor for sexual harassment? And the old article written by a "former" staff writter as attrition happens? Ha. Epic.

I don't know why you care but I encourage, as I have done for many years, that citizens read this website at least weekly or have fun and search around. I dare people to find one aspect of your business life, property, or commerce that is not regulated- often for regulatory capture for 'connected' companies or Foundations or simply aggrandizement of agencies, protecting budgets, and of the Federal government.
https://www.federalregister.gov/
https://www.archives.gov/federal-register

THEN you also have to worry about the Legislative branch and whatever wacky make-a-law goings-on in the Judicial branch. And then on down because the same regulatory burden, judicial activism, and crazy "I'm not working unless I make a new law" legislators are always working hard on those levels also.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 03, 2017, 07:16:37 PM
That rate of increase; and from places that are poorer, less educated, people who have fewer job skills, a language barrier in most cases, and who don't share our traditions and culture (such as democracy) are going to affect all aspects of society here.
When all else fails, break out the immigration boogeyman. An American tradition since the 1800's.
QuoteSenator Ira Hersey of Maine lamented, “We have thrown open wide our gates and through them have come other alien races, of alien blood, from Asia and southern Europe … with their strange and pagan rites, their babble of tongues.” (When he spoke of “pagan rites,” Hersey almost assuredly meant both the Latin Mass and the Hebrew service.) Congressman Earl Michener of Michigan only echoed conventional wisdom when he argued, “the Nordic [race] laid the foundations of society in America,” and to compromise Nordic genius was pure race suicide.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/when-america-hated-catholics-213177
In the late 19th century, statesmen feared that Catholic immigrants were less than civilized (and less than white).

Swishypants

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 03, 2017, 08:03:20 PM
When all else fails, break out the immigration boogeyman. An American tradition since the 1800's.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/when-america-hated-catholics-213177
In the late 19th century, statesmen feared that Catholic immigrants were less than civilized (and less than white).

It's not IMMIGRATION when it's ILLEGAL INVASION! ILLEGAL! ILLEGAL! ALIENS! NOT REFUGEES! NOT IMMIGRANTS! ILLEGAL!

Swishypants

Oh, and they are ILLEGAL! They are not like immigrants who came legally and assimilated as in the past. Did I mention they are ILLEGAL?

Swishypants

Fuck paying taxes or obeying speed limits! You can break federal law now and get federal help doing it! AIN'T GONNA' OBEY SHIT NOW! Illegal is ok!

Well, so what?  What does what somebody said 125 years ago have to do with anything?

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 03, 2017, 07:16:37 PM
... It's a little disingenuous when explaining why things have changed over time to throw it back in someone's face when they point out immigration had an impact on whatever the issue under discussion is.  It's more of the same old charges of ''racism'' the Left and the Democrats always seems to fall back on.

...  I do hope these concepts aren't too difficult to grasp.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 07:47:42 PM
The Atlantic? Sorry, had to clean up laughing after spilling my drink. Aren't they the ones with almost no sales and just had to fire the editor for sexual harassment? And the old article written by a "former" staff writter as attrition happens? Ha. Epic.

I don't know why you care but I encourage, as I have done for many years, that citizens read this website at least weekly or have fun and search around. I dare people to find one aspect of your business life, property, or commerce that is not regulated- often for regulatory capture for 'connected' companies or Foundations or simply aggrandizement of agencies, protecting budgets, and of the Federal government.
https://www.federalregister.gov/
https://www.archives.gov/federal-register

THEN you also have to worry about the Legislative branch and whatever wacky make-a-law goings-on in the Judicial branch. And then on down because the same regulatory burden, judicial activism, and crazy "I'm not working unless I make a new law" legislators are always working hard on those levels also.

I'm not sure what sexual harassment or lack of sales has to do with the validity of the article or the source it is quoting (I suppose you could argue they would engage in sensationalism to try to reverse a lack of sales), however while I don't know about the sales figures of Atlantic Monthly, you appear to be confusing this magazine with The New Republic whose editor either just resigned or was fired.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/hamilton-fish-new-republic-resigns_us_59fccfc8e4b04cdbeb333476

So, since you are a regular reader of the Federal-Register (and people say I'm boring!), has their been an elimination of federal regulations consistent with this 'policy'?

Swishypants

P.S. Catholics are shit, and Pollock's and Italians are not White people! :)  England, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Austria, and Northern Spain only! FUCK THE IRISH!

Swishypants

The USA was created for free, white, land-owning, protestant, heterosexual, males.  Anyone else is not human so they don't count.  8)

albrecht

Yes, brought a lot of disease, crime, and corruption with them. Even brought over their sectarian conflicts and terrorism. Not just here but into Canada also. Bad stuff (Fenians, etc.) Those coming from primarily Catholic countries and then later various and sundry Eastern and Southern European countries, often Catholic also, etc what with their anarchism and organized crime. Many bombings, The Black Hand, the Mafias, and what-not. And, many decades later, the Irish ones begat us a drunken Kennedy who by championing Hart-Cellar Act in '65 which sealed the fate of the country. But, for the most part, after decades they have assimilated and even gave an excuse for people to wear green and drink to excess (and, sure, some mass pedophilia scandals) but a boon to the brewing industry! And good mob movies.
But, also, also cheap labor and voters for corrupt political machines! So "all good."

136 or 142

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 08:10:10 PM
P.S. Catholics are shit, and Pollock's and Italians are not White people! :)

And England is a fag country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dKpHtc9F9M

Swishypants

England is a fag country! That is true!

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 08:08:44 PM
I'm not sure what sexual harassment or lack of sales has to do with the validity of the article or the source it is quoting (I suppose you could argue they would engage in sensationalism to try to reverse a lack of sales), however while I don't know about the sales figures of Atlantic Monthly, you appear to be confusing this magazine with The New Republic whose editor either just resigned or was fired.

http://ksn.com/2017/10/27/the-atlantic-removes-an-editor-over-harassment-claims/

Lord Grantham

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 03, 2017, 08:08:35 PM
Well, so what?  What does what somebody said 125 years ago have to do with anything?
It's literally the same shit you just said. They got it wrong then, so maybe you might be getting it wrong now.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 08:14:32 PM
http://ksn.com/2017/10/27/the-atlantic-removes-an-editor-over-harassment-claims/

OK, I was not aware of that.  Interesting he worked at The New Republic as well though, and seems to have been employed at the Atlantic in semi retirement (working as a contributing editor.)

Of course, I presume this means you don't regard Fox 'News' as a credible source or regard Trump himself as a credible source either for that matter.

Swishypants

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 03, 2017, 08:16:37 PM
It's literally the same shit you just said. They got it wrong then, so maybe you might be getting it wrong now.

ILLEGAL! NOT LEGAL! ILLEGAL!!!