• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

Chine

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 12, 2016, 09:31:26 AM
But the dog thought it sucked? I'm reading between the lines there.

Ha. Hi, Sredni! She was half heartedly listening as there was a bowl of popcorn nearby. While Dr. Liebert and Steve discussed prison escapes, she was contemplating her strategy to reach the popcorn. Actually, she does listen in on various podcasts.

bateman

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 12, 2016, 09:31:26 AM
But the dog thought it sucked? I'm reading between the lines there.

Dogs hate my show, it's true.

jjsmooth

Hey Bateman,

For a true crime interview, how about talking to Alston Chase about the back story on the unabomber:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/03/books/books-of-the-times-the-unabomber-and-the-culture-of-despair.html

Or for something a bit stranger, maybe you could try to talk with Margaret Howe. Teaching dolphins to talk; dolphin love, heartache, and suicide; and LSD... this story has it all:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2653422/The-woman-taught-dolphin-speak-fallen-love-her.html

bateman

Quote from: jjsmooth on January 12, 2016, 09:50:36 PM
Hey Bateman,

For a true crime interview, how about talking to Alston Chase about the back story on the unabomber:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/03/books/books-of-the-times-the-unabomber-and-the-culture-of-despair.html

Or for something a bit stranger, maybe you could try to talk with Margaret Howe. Teaching dolphins to talk; dolphin love, heartache, and suicide; and LSD... this story has it all:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2653422/The-woman-taught-dolphin-speak-fallen-love-her.html

Both great ideas.

chefist

STEVE: Also consider the angle of getting law enforcement guests on to discuss certain cases...and agree to talk candidly about investigative and prosecutorial neglect and corruption...,most will not want to talk about that, but the ones you can find will make for great broadcasting!

cosmic hobo

Quote from: bateman on January 11, 2016, 07:32:16 PM
There were some... interesting developments over the weekend. I can say with certitude there will be a live show either this weekend or next at the latest.

Great news. Kick that bitch out of that seat.

#takebackthenight

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on January 12, 2016, 10:26:14 PM
talk candidly about investigative and prosecutorial neglect and corruption...,most will not want to talk about that, but the ones you can find will make for great broadcasting!

Now that would be an interesting show.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 14, 2016, 05:47:05 PM
Now that would be an interesting show.

That is what I have seen...there are so many shows, but no one in law enforcement wants to talk about it...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on January 14, 2016, 05:52:35 PM
That is what I have seen...there are so many shows, but no one in law enforcement wants to talk about it...

Yeah, me too, I had to testify for something once and it was just appalling to see how the prosecutor behaved.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 14, 2016, 05:56:36 PM
Yeah, me too, I had to testify for something once and it was just appalling to see how the prosecutor behaved.

I'm not saying it would be easy to find someone...but true crime stories and governmental corruption are real winners with the audiences...

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on January 14, 2016, 06:05:04 PM
I'm not saying it would be easy to find someone...but true crime stories and governmental corruption are real winners with the audiences...
Since he is broadcasting from NYC maybe Frank Serpico would be an interesting guest? I think he has moved back to New York somewhere upstate? He's been on a few radio programs and lecture circuit over the past few years. And he might only be known due to the movie to the younger audience but has some important tales to tell about the old(?) NYPD, corruption, etc.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2016, 09:42:06 PM
Since he is broadcasting from NYC maybe Frank Serpico would be an interesting guest? I think he has moved back to New York somewhere upstate? He's been on a few radio programs and lecture circuit over the past few years. And he might only be known due to the movie to the younger audience but has some important tales to tell about the old(?) NYPD, corruption, etc.

Starting with these two:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Eppolito_and_Stephen_Caracappa

bateman

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 14, 2016, 11:01:07 PM
Or this guy.  I think he was just on 60 minutes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C3%ADn_%22Jack%22_Garc%C3%ADa

I saw that segment a couple weeks ago, would love to have him on.

Faustina

Quote from: bateman on January 11, 2016, 07:32:16 PM
There were some... interesting developments over the weekend. I can say with certitude there will be a live show either this weekend or next at the latest.

Like.... this weekend?!

twiki

What time is the Live show this weekend? Very exciting news Steve.

bateman

I tried to hook up the livestream a couple hours ago, but being the tech retard I am, I couldn't get it to work. On a happy note, I just wrapped up with Zoltan Istvan, presidential candidate running on the Transhumanism Party ticket. Great, wide-ranging discussion on the implications of rapid technological advancement that will force us to redefine what it means to be human, sooner rather than later.

On another note: I've parted ways with DMDN. This was after a week of very careful consideration of an offer to fill in on MITD. My concerns piled up over the course of the week and I decided it was in my best interest to step away.

Another show is being taped tomorrow - may actually be live if I can get the stream to work, so that'll be a show with calls and everything.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bateman on January 16, 2016, 10:14:42 PM
I tried to hook up the livestream a couple hours ago, but being the tech retard I am, I couldn't get it to work. On a happy note, I just wrapped up with Zoltan Istvan, presidential candidate running on the Transhumanism Party ticket. Great, wide-ranging discussion on the implications of rapid technological advancement that will force us to redefine what it means to be human, sooner rather than later.

On another note: I've parted ways with DMDN. This was after a week of very careful consideration of an offer to fill in on MITD. My concerns piled up over the course of the week and I decided it was in my best interest to step away.

Another show is being taped tomorrow - may actually be live if I can get the stream to work, so that'll be a show with calls and everything.

Good luck bud. Wish you nothing but the best. Seriously.

albrecht

Can't wait to hear the new shows. And wish you the best, I can't presume but my 'gut' and BG, says a good decision with regard to DMDN. It seems/seemed an odd-ball outfit from the get-go, despite me wishing it went well (and still do so.)

jazmunda

What's the phone number? Too soon? Muhahahahahaha.

trostol

i think that was a wise move good sir

Ciardelo

I heard the Zoltan when he was on one of nbirnes' shows. I think he only gave her 30 minutes so I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on January 16, 2016, 10:22:44 PM
What's the phone number? Too soon? Muhahahahahaha.

Just go to hardlinechat.com to find out.

cosmic hobo

WTF? Do tell. 

Hmm, interesting. Good decision on walking away. That place is poison now and you don't want to get any of that negativity coming your way. Congrats on the live show!! Don't forget us little people when you make it big.

venix

A coup? I imagine that Heather would have lost her shit over this. You should go up live against her Steve.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on January 16, 2016, 10:26:31 PM

It says I already have an account but I can't remember my password.

How do you know about this site Steve?

You should talk with either Curtis or Prairie Ghost or if desperate that god damn infidel MV. They should be able to sort you out with a live stream.

GravitySucks

Quote from: jazmunda on January 16, 2016, 10:38:37 PM
It says I already have an account but I can't remember my password.

How do you know about this site Steve?

You should talk with either Curtis or Prairie Ghost or if desperate that god damn infidel MV. They should be able to sort you out with a live stream.

Hey Destroyer Bloke. You don't need to call in. Seriously.

jazmunda

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2016, 10:39:47 PM
Hey Destroyer Bloke. You don't need to call in. Seriously.

Why do you hate Bateman?

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on January 16, 2016, 10:26:31 PM
Thanks for that. You should do more of those clicks things and "help me with my computer password" or my "bank account needs to verify." More money in it.  ;) Now I'll be getting more support Bernie and political crap. Then again, I'm off the FEMA "red list" now. So I'm good with it.