• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

K_Dubb

Interesting to hear him dismiss Melba Ketchum's claim that her research is being suppressed by scientific journals as nonsense.

I wish he'd gone into what he's found out about the Russian ape woman, Zana.  Some of his results are here:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/44347/20150406/dna-test-suggests-russian-apewoman-zana-was-not-human-and-yeti-may-not-be-a-myth.htm

Here's a better article:

QuoteBut the big surprise in Sykes' results was that Zana's DNA is not Caucasian at all, but African. Khwit's tooth sample confirms her maternal African ancestry and the saliva tests on the six living descendants show that they all contain African DNA in the right proportions for Zana to have been genetically 100% sub-Saharan African.

“The most obvious solution that springs to mind is that Zana or her ancestors were brought from Africa to Abkhazia as slaves, when it was part of the slave trading Ottoman Empire, to work as servants or labourers,” says Professor Sykes. “While the Russians ended slavery when they took over the region in the late 1850s, some Africans remained behind. Was Zana one of them, who was living wild in the forest when she was captured?“

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/was-russian-bigfoot-actually-an-african-slave

doctor weird

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 20, 2016, 12:01:37 AM
I wish he'd gone into what he's found out about the Russian ape woman, Zana.  Some of his results are here:

gotta buy the book!

zeebo

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 20, 2016, 12:01:37 AM
Interesting to hear him dismiss Melba Ketchum's claim that her research is being suppressed by scientific journals as nonsense.

Ha, I missed that.  It does seem like she often defends her claims by referring back to her own website.

AvDaBr

It's Bigfoot comedy hour.

CornyCrow

Quote from: doctor weird on March 20, 2016, 12:25:32 AM
gotta buy the book!
Yes.  It was funny.  The guest kept refusing to end stories in an effort to get folks to buy the book, so it ended up being a rather dry interview.  After that, who would WANT the book?  Dave got so annoyed with him that he published an article that gave one of  the 'secrets' away.

Don't go on a show if you do not wish to discuss what's in your book.  The guest would not really commit as to whether he believed that bigfoot does exist.  At one point he mentioned 'if there were a body', after which time a someone in the audience called him on it, saying he sounded as though he thought killing another 'human' in the name of science were acceptable. 

Poor Dave. 

Noory definitely seems to leave what he thinks are the toughest interviews for the weekend shows. 

zeebo

Quote from: Segundus on March 20, 2016, 04:18:39 PM
...Noory definitely seems to leave what he thinks are the toughest interviews for the weekend shows.

He prefers the ones that go like this ...

George:  So nutrition is important, right?
Infomercial Guy:  Yes.

Chine

Quote from: zeebo on March 19, 2016, 08:54:29 PM
Schrade's got a bigfoot/yeti lineup tonite w/ a dash of ufo's.  Could be kinda fun.

I tried to stay up to listen but fell asleep. I really like Schrader . Darkness Radio has been the only podcast I listen to frequently. Great to go through the archives of shows as well. There was a show on Michael Jackson death hoax. That was nutty but in a good way. Amusing, yet a couple points made me 'Hmm... Is it possible?' (For 30 seconds... Then I went back to 'Oh come on, this is nutty'

Quote from: Chine on March 20, 2016, 10:12:47 PM
I tried to stay up to listen but fell asleep. I really like Schrader . Darkness Radio has been the only podcast I listen to frequently. Great to go through the archives of shows as well. There was a show on Michael Jackson death hoax. That was nutty but in a good way. Amusing, yet a couple points made me 'Hmm... Is it possible?' (For 30 seconds... Then I went back to 'Oh come on, this is nutty'

Don't worry, the 1st guest just kept repeating its in the book. Schrader was getting pissed. The second guest, was just silly. Whoever booked this show needs some practice.

Uncle Duke

Finally got around to listening to this program, I really enjoyed the first guest despite the fact I have almost zero interest in Bigfoot.  Admittedly I got a little annoyed with his "that's in the book" answers, but it was refreshing to hear a "researcher" in the truest sense of the word on a show like C2C.  The average "researchers" we hear on paranormal radio are at best well intentioned amateurs who have little understanding how to conduct a scientifically based research effort, and even less understanding how to present the information/data resulting from their efforts. These same people also bemoan the fact their work is not accepted by "mainstream science" and brush aside legitimate criticism as debunking, disinformation, and dishonesty. 

DaveSchrader

Saturday Night/Sunday Morning April 2 & 3 join me as I host Coast to Coast AM! Midnight to 4am cst.

Date: Saturday - April 2, 2016
Host: Dave Schrader
Guests: Chris Fleming, Richard Estep 

In the first half, paranormal investigator and medium Chris Fleming joins Dave Schrader (email) to discuss the ins and outs of channeling sessions and communicating with the future, including a session from 10 years ago that appeared to be a man channeling his future self, regarding a murder-suicide. Followed by paranormal researcher Richard Estep, who'll talk about the world’s most haunted hospitals, including chilling paranormal encounters in asylums, institutions, and a frightening apparition at an old Utah hospital whose appearances predict patients' deaths.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations

TigerLily

Wow. First two hours were very creepy from the echoing to the channeling. On to the last two hours

Morgus

The first guest was Mr. Echo...

I caught a little bit of the show tonight. I have more fun listening to Hey-Way.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on April 03, 2016, 01:42:03 AM
The first guest was Mr. Echo...

Yes, that was definitely irritating.....but, still.....a good program.  I enjoy Dave!  I have no complaints about his hosting skills.

TigerLily

Tonight's show sounds promising.....

Dracula, Jack the Ripper, & Bram Stoker
Saturday - April 23, 2016
Since its publication in 1897, there have been suggestions that the fictional exploits of Dracula were more closely associated with Jack the Ripper than a Transylvanian Count. Historian Neil Storey joins Dave Schrader (email) for the full show to discuss the first British-based investigation of the sources used by Bram Stoker. He paints an evocative portrait of Stoker, his influences, friends, and the London he knew in the late 19th century while exploring how Stoker created Dracula out of the climate of fear that surrounded the Jack the Ripper murders in 1888. Did he know Jack the Ripper personally and hide clues to this terrible knowledge in his book?

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on April 23, 2016, 03:32:55 PM

Since its publication in 1897, there have been suggestions that the fictional exploits of Dracula were more closely associated with Jack the Ripper than a Transylvanian Count. Historian Neil Storey joins Dave Schrader (email) for the full show to discuss the first British-based investigation of the sources used by Bram Stoker. He paints an evocative portrait of Stoker, his influences, friends, and the London he knew in the late 19th century while exploring how Stoker created Dracula out of the climate of fear that surrounded the Jack the Ripper murders in 1888. Did he know Jack the Ripper personally and hide clues to this terrible knowledge in his book?

hmm..might be the first time i tune into C2C in months..maybe a year

“Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!”
                                                                           ― Bram Stoker

(I'll be listening, too)
Go, Good Dave, go!  Break a stake!

lurkernerge

Aw yeah, Schrade night, sounds like it's gonna be a good one.

trostol

Jack the Ripper is gonna turn out to be someone very high profile in england and it was all..covered up

Juan Cena

Quote from: TigerLily on April 23, 2016, 03:32:55 PM

Jack the Ripper is always a good way to get me to stick around.

Interesting so far, with Storey slamming some of the Ripper theories with connections to Queen Victoria.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 11:31:12 PM
Jack the Ripper is gonna turn out to be someone very high profile in england and it was all..covered up

There's an old theory that it was Prince Albert Victor, Queen Victoria's grandson. As I recall he had syphilis and strange tendencies.

trostol

ugh...listening reminds me why i hate C2C...damn iheart stations lol

Juan Cena

Quote from: Étouffée on April 23, 2016, 09:35:10 PM
“Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!”
                                                                           ― Bram Stoker

(I'll be listening, too)
Go, Good Dave, go!  Break a stake!

"Children of the night...SHUT UP!"

Dracula (George Hammilton) - Love at First Bite

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2016, 11:34:58 PM
There's an old theory that it was Prince Albert Victor, Queen Victoria's grandson. As I recall he had syphilis and strange tendencies.

It's been documented that Prince Albert Victor was in another part of the U.K. (Scotland, iirc) when the murders happened.

It was still probably a good thing he died before he could ascend to the throne, though.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 23, 2016, 11:42:11 PM
It's been documented that Prince Albert Victor was in another part of the U.K. (Scotland, iirc) when the murders happened.

It was still probably a good thing he died before he could ascend to the throne, though.

Yeah, I hadn't heard that theory in a while so I assumed it was dead. But definitely good that he didn't get the throne.

trostol

wow..so this is what it is like what a host just STFU

JesusJuice

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 11:52:55 PM

Yes. It becomes a boring lecture instead of a conversation.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 11:52:55 PM

It's a little weak for me, no dynamic, just a guy reciting his schtick. It's the exact opposite of Hoagland. Not enough host interaction.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2016, 11:57:10 PM
It's a little weak for me, no dynamic, just a guy reciting his schtick. It's the exact opposite of Hoagland. Not enough host interaction.

maybe..but not being interrupted or talked over every 30 seconds is refreshing..but not so sure about the guest..he's a lil..flaky