• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: bateman on May 06, 2018, 08:36:31 PM

https://youtu.be/ezI74z9RD4g

OK - Got through a few words...  That ain't singing that deserves a backing band, tickets sold, etc...  Now, it could be he couldn't hear himself but it was weak & pitchy.  Still better than me but that's why I played bass and stood in the back.

Was that Lasha spinning the discs???

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Robert on May 06, 2018, 05:44:03 PM
Do I get a break?  I got sick over a week ago, hospitalized a few days w parainfluenza B (probably type 3, given the spring peak in incidence) bronchiolitis, setting off my asthma, the treatment for which sent me into atrial fibrill'n & almost into significant hyperglycemia.  Feh.  Probably caught from one of my students -- bet it was one w a young child.  Still going to take a while to get over, then must resume some delayed work.

Hope it all gets much better soon. Rest up!

Quote from: trostol on May 06, 2018, 09:42:14 PM
i almost..want to tune in to find out
I think we’re required to, under BellGab’s TOS.

yoursongs

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 10:07:02 PM
Looking at the source code reminds me how easy things were in HTML 1.0.  I could have done that page in 1/5 the lines, probably less.

For those who say "I hope she does well for herself" and "I don't want her to fail" and all that other bullshit...  She's a fucking psycho.  You cannot appease, encourage or even ignore a fucking psycho...  Take some responsibility for your fellow humans, fellow mammals, fellow earthlings and love your planet.  Rid it of the ear poison of Miss Histrionic 2018, she's an environmental hazard.

And she's even using the same pic.  You'd think she'd want a fresh start, with new everything.  We've got to get to the bottom of the picture thing.  There has to be a real physical reason.  What's your true theory?

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 10:02:17 PM
I'm too excited over the fact that I'm the new C2C host.  Can't sleep.

How far ahead of time do you want me to call to wake you up?

albrecht

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 06, 2018, 10:03:05 PM
For a few minutes I heard something that sounded like windshield wipers and that was the best part.
When JBW started his own show it sounded like he was in an abandoned gas station near highway. Echoey, everyso often what sounded like a distant payphone ringing, and random truck passing and door swinging. It was weird but not in a good way.

69CheckMate

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 06:33:39 PM
I buy gear for projects and usually sell it off as most of my resources are tied up and not quickly convertible to cash...

I frequently buy blowouts from them and sell it used for more than I paid... Sweetwater has a great business model.
I've got some good open box deals at musician's friend. Always free shipping.

Faustina

Quote from: yoursongs on May 06, 2018, 10:13:11 PM
And she's even using the same pic.  You'd think she'd want a fresh start, with new everything.  We've got to get to the bottom of the picture thing.  There has to be a real physical reason.  What's your true theory?

Maybe she has Psoriasis all over her face now, so hasn't taken a new photo since that one?  Or she gained 80 pounds since that photo and it shows too badly coz she has a triple chin?

Sean92008

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 09:43:56 PM
Punnett is not coming back.  No chance.

Tinnitus, as Ian described, is not pleasant.  I have a bit of it.  That non-stop sizzle in my head is annoying enough...  Turn on Heather and its like shits going to blow me head up.

El Chorro

Aldous knows. It's not just that there's no other photo associated with MITD, but no other photo associated with her name. She's a reasonable-looking female and should have photos all over the web.

Aldous said it's not because of physical infirmities or similar issues. It must be an alias name, which would account for no other pictures from her past. And I believe Aldous said he took the photo. So my guess is she's just vain and not terribly photogenic, and neither Keith nor Art would pop for a professional photographer, so they made do with Aldous's.

Quote from: wr250 on May 06, 2018, 08:38:04 PM
noory knows who he is. that means they are a coast host most likely. 3 options:
1. Syrett , who has a radio show in toronto and the surrounding areas
2. Knapp who is a very successful journalist/reporter who has shown no interest in  hosting a 5 day a week show (unless he is retiring...)
C: Shrader (good dave) who i dont know much about, and is a bellgab member.

They all have hosting jobs.  It's Tommee

WOTR

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 10:03:31 PM
Yes, but I was informed by IHR that she won't be able to use "Doucheton" on the air.  Our legal team is working on a solution.  Stand by...

Are you using the same crack legal team as Heather Wad and Art Bell? 

Photography is known to steal your soul...

comaphobe

Quote from: 69CheckMate on May 06, 2018, 10:16:55 PM
I've got some good open box deals at musician's friend. Always free shipping.

I just put a junked out Ibanez Rocket Roll on layaway

K_Dubb

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 10:18:53 PM
Aldous knows. It's not just that there's no other photo associated with MITD, but no other photo associated with her name. She's a reasonable-looking female and should have photos all over the web.

Aldous said it's not because of physical infirmities or similar issues. It must be an alias name, which would account for no other pictures from her past. And I believe Aldous said he took the photo. So my guess is she's just vain and not terribly photogenic, and neither Keith nor Art would pop for a professional photographer, so they made do with Aldous's.

If I remember right, Aldous said he took that photo after she threw a fit at the professional shots arranged for her by Art.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

I think, I’m going to be purposely vague here, with all of the deserved criticism she’s been receiving. I think, I don’t know for sure, she may have a very, very, good reason for only having one photo out there and considering it’s radio, who cares?

That website name tho. That’s some bull.

zeebo

Maybe she's got her hair cut real short as an anti-heat rash measure for the poorly-ventilated shed?

Sean92008

Quote from: Faustina on May 06, 2018, 10:17:05 PM
Maybe she has Psoriasis all over her face now, so hasn't taken a new photo since that one?  Or she gained 80 pounds since that photo and it shows too badly coz she has a triple chin?

Quote from: Faustina on May 06, 2018, 10:17:05 PM

Her mascara has run from all that crying

And why does this shit always go down in the middle of the night?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 10:20:46 PM
If I remember right, Aldous said he took that photo after she threw a fit at the professional shots arranged for her by Art.
Art hired "professional shots" done and she balked?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 10:23:36 PM
Art hired "professional shots" done and she balked?

That's what I remember.  I think they were actually taken and she didn't like them.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 10:23:45 PM
If it is, we'll all still pee on the floor.

If it’s MV, I’ll pee my pants.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Grifynne on May 06, 2018, 08:38:22 PM
Fran is attacking Keith on Twitter... look out...

That second pic of posts, saying that Keith "ignored Arts pick for his predecessor. Predecessor. Omg the stupid, it burns. Make it stop.

SaucyRossy

Chefist isn’t around but I feel like tonight is discord chat worthy, I’m on there. Jump in people.
https://discord.gg/3fAV9

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 10:24:17 PM
That's what I remember.  I think they were actually taken and she didn't like them.
Someposted the site from the legal brothel nearby. "Professional shots" and all the girls had bios about their studies, dance and music training, foreign language expertise, extensive travel, and hobbies. Well-rounded, educated women with "open-minds."

aldousburbank

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 10:20:46 PM

I thought she looked just fine in many of the photos I shot that day but she narrowed it down to just that one. I don't understand the whole thing with how some women pick their looks apart. She's not unattractive but she, like many women I've known, is definitely judgey about her photos. I mean hell, I don't like any pics of me but I also don't give a crap, so it's a non issue.

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2018, 10:27:06 PM
I thought she looked just fine in many of the photos I shot that day but she narrowed it down to just that one. I don't understand the whole thing with how some women pick their looks apart. She's not unattractive but she, like many women I've known, is definitely judgey about her photos. I mean hell, I don't like any pics of me but I also don't give a crap, so it's a non issue.

Maybe the other photos looked too close to her mugshot?