• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 11, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

I'll admit it... I will often click on a thread if I see you were the last poster... I'm glad I did.  So, when did TOSM actually return?  I cannot believe that Hoagie pulled it out of the dumpster in time.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on June 11, 2017, 08:21:52 PM
I'll admit it... I will often click on a thread if I see you were the last poster... I'm glad I did.  So, when did TOSM actually return?  I cannot believe that Hoagie pulled it out of the dumpster in time.

Ha.  Last weekend he had shows 1 and 2; tonight is his fourth.

THE

Quote from: expat on June 05, 2017, 11:05:20 AM
IMHO Gary has chosen absolutely the wrong issue to fight Hoagland on, and I've told him that. All the bullshit RCH has flung around--the Accutron, "Von Braun's Secret," The table of coincidence, all absolute rubbish and demonstrably so. But Gary obsesses about some pictures of other faces on Mars which were used as set dressing on a TV show nobody saw. Silly.

The silly picture that has been cut & pasted by NASA, that is.

THE

Quote from: expat on June 09, 2017, 10:03:59 AM
No--it's his style. He doesn't truly understand that writing and speaking are different talents. Here he is on Facebook, writing about Vesta (note the smiley faces at the end of many sentences):

"Measuring the LINEAR dimensions of these putative structures -- even near the limb -- is NOT the same as measuring their ANGULAR relationships.

You instantly solve the "is that a true 90-degree angle" problem, by ONLY considering "structures" near and around the "sub-spacecraft locations" of those objects (say, within ~100 miles of the center of this Vesta image).

There are SO MANY ~90-degree angles in that small region alone (!), that the "artificial model" is MORE than testable in that confined area .... :)

Since those measured "acute right angles" vary only gradually with increasing distance from the sub-spacecraft point, again -- within a few percent -- you don't need to worry about "geometrical corrections" ... if you confine your measurements to "around the center of this image."

Where, incidentally, the MOST interesting "structures" seem to be ... on the very "south polar mountain" that defines the axis of rotation!

In fact, the more one examines THAT restricted geometry, the more that "mountain" is looking like the remains of "a VERY immense, polar axis PYRAMID" .... :)

This is going to get VERY interesting, even in the next few days ... as I will be describing tonight, on "Coast."

Just like all the ninety degree angles of the cut & paste outlines by NASA, in the image of the Face on Mars, at Cydonia,

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 11, 2017, 08:25:22 PM
Ha.  Last weekend he had shows 1 and 2; tonight is his fourth.
Wow.  I'm actually shocked.  Is there a pool to bet on how long he remains this go around? 

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on June 11, 2017, 08:47:30 PM
Wow.  I'm actually shocked.  Is there a pool to bet on how long he remains this go around?

I think we're treating each new show as a gift.  They are three-hour extravaganzas of Hoagieisms, incongruous musical choices, and slapstick production values.

THE

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 11, 2017, 08:53:37 PM
I think we're treating each new show as a gift.  They are three-hour extravaganzas of Hoagieisms, incongruous musical choices, and slapstick production values.

It would be fun to hear Hoagland interview Expat so we could call in and ask Expat the same questions which he and Hoagland both censor.  Expat and Hoagland are two peas in a body snatcher's pod.  Neither one of them can tolerate any question that the answer to which tends to undermine their prejudice.

K_Dubb

Quote from: THE on June 11, 2017, 08:59:59 PM
It would be fun to hear Hoagland interview Expat so we could call in and ask Expat the same questions which he and Hoagland both censor.  Expat and Hoagland are two peas in a body snatcher's pod.  Neither one of them can tolerate any question that the answer to which tends to undermine their prejudice.

Ha, that one belongs on pay-per-view!

ShayP

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 11, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

K_Dubb, you are a master of your craft(s).  I will take it off your hands thank you very much.  ;)  ;D

K_Dubb

Quote from: ShayP on June 11, 2017, 09:20:15 PM
K_Dubb, you are a master of your craft(s).  I will take it off your hands thank you very much.  ;)  ;D

You are most welcome to it, and cheers!

Lilith

Quote from: ShayP on June 11, 2017, 09:20:15 PM

Top Notch!!!

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on June 11, 2017, 10:04:59 PM
Hi!   :-*

Goodness, there's a lady in the library!  Would you care for a light, my dear?

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 11, 2017, 10:13:02 PM
Goodness, there's a lady in the library!  Would you care for a light, my dear?

Why Thank You my friend!   :-*

Just how far back does Hoaglands contacts with the Russians go?

ShayP

Okay, at times I'm fickle.  :-[  Decided to listen for a bit.  ;D

Cheers all!  :D  Help yourself...

ShayP

Hoagie still has the same ringtone after all this time.

...and probably the same phone.  :D

Zenman

Quote from: ShayP on June 11, 2017, 10:30:12 PM
Hoagie still has the same ringtone after all this time.

...and probably the same phone.  :D

And he doesn't even bother to put the pillow over it anymore.

Lilith

Quote from: Zenman on June 11, 2017, 10:33:45 PM
And he doesn't even bother to put the pillow over it anymore.

I think he might have unplugged it now.  >:(

Hello everyone.  :)

Bassett and Putin.  MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.      ;D