• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 04, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Really late in last night show, Jorge asked his guest if he thought people who encourage others to commit suicide    is wring?

Guest was taken aback and answered of couse. Thankfully Noory agreed.

Young Michelle Carter was convicted because she did not try to arrange intervention when her young boyfriend Conrad Roy was killing himself.  The suicide happened after she goaded him to do it.  The ACLU says that the part about her goading him to do it, though, was free speech.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 04, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Really late in last night show, Jorge asked his guest if he thought people who encourage others to commit suicide    is wring?

Guest was taken aback and answered of couse. Thankfully Noory agreed.

In light of the girl who successfully encouraged her boy friend to take his own life, not an unreasonable subject to broach with a guest discussing suicide.  The act itself was reprehensible, but still not sure what law was actually broken.  The judge in the case sentenced her to prison for manslaughter, but seemed resigned to the fact an appellate court would over turn his decision.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 04, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
In light of the girl who successfully encouraged her boy friend to take his own life, not an unreasonable subject to broach with a guest discussing suicide.  The act itself was reprehensible, but still not sure what law was actually broken.  The judge in the case sentenced her to prison for manslaughter, but seemed resigned to the fact an appellate court would over turn his decision.
I would think there, at least, a tort claim could be found there. I don't know the law in that jurisdiction but couldn't it be considered an assited suicide which would be criminal also? I'm not a lawyer but will play one on BG.

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 04, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
Yeah.  As i read it, they got her for failing to call paramedics or police or anyone.  But her state actually has no intervention law.  But the whole media makes it sound like she was convicted for goading.

michio

Joe from somewhere in New York calls in and rambles for two minutes, necessitating the guest to ask Joe, "What's your question?" You hear that a lot on 'The Georgie sNoory Show.' You have to hand it to good old nightly Joe, it gives sNoory time to wolf down a turkey sammich during the monologue career callers.

Jojo

Quote from: michio on September 05, 2017, 02:44:20 AM
Joe from somewhere in New York calls in and rambles for two minutes, necessitating the guest to ask Joe, "What's your question?" You hear that a lot on 'The Georgie sNoory Show.' You have to hand it to good old nightly Joe, it gives sNoory time to wolf down a turkey sammich during the monologue career callers.
He is so looking forward to Thanksgiving that he said it is the next holiday... unless he whited it out of the final tape.  He says they dont edit out, but they do.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on September 05, 2017, 03:04:26 AM
He is so looking forward to Thanksgiving that he said it is the next holiday.
Did I miss any good songs the last half hour?

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 03, 2017, 10:02:15 AM
this forum has had a bad influence on me, i used to just mock Jorch to myself but I really had no anger, Coast amused me. I'm not even sure how I found this forum, a Google search I guess for something or other Coast related. since I've been reading and posting on this board I have grown to HATE the sleazy idiot. There's nothing else to listen to live overnight, tried Red Eye Radio and it's awful, two middle aged conservatives tediously discussing politics.
The least of two weavils... 
Well, just like love, hate is more than a feelin'...
A show about high strangeness: Marriage counselor, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Zetaspeak

Umm is this guy calling Katrina and Harvey overrated?

albrecht

From last night:
Norry got VERY interested when guest Mel mentioned that certain mental disorders and problems often start in childhood- he chimed in something like "how early, as babies!"

Callers were depressing and I'm not sure all these shows on depression, suicide, etc are a good idea social-health policy-wise. Getting a bit real crazy and not haha funny crazy. Caller Aaron with his issues, Mary who lives in a "one square mile township" of "terrorists and bullies" "neighbor who chopping her steps and called her a B-I-T-C-H" "people put a dead body outside the local bar"etc. Mary had a neighbor who "fought with Texas and got 10 thousand dollars" and the "devil went down to Texas." Mel says "there is no simple answer." Norry: "what if she is a magnet for all these wackos?" ..."It is very odd" says guest Mel. And then the caller whose wife sent him to prison for two days "stay clean it my tip for the day" but is very optimistic and "met a guy who is a magician" and "where the rubber hits the road because I love this girl but the possibility of jail is very realistic...that why I went to karate." Norry says "I wouldn't go back." Mel: "why would go go back there?" Now a caller trying to "keep it as fast as possible" because she "was like being sent messages and had to go there" and "teenagers had a body in the trunk but none of it made sense. It was all bizarre." She needed to get out and "lay hands" and noticed the guy had a bullet hole in his side. She pinned the driver to the steering wheel and helped the guy by climbing through the window and grabbed the guy and all of his sudden "peace and love filled her body" and she raised the "bad guy" and saw a gun "cool, because I'm into guns" and got him to a fire station. A 14 year old girl shot him but she wanted to play in the woods but no because "the killer is in the woods." They left but then they saw them and they were trying to dump the body. 90249-0 was the license plate number. Police didn't believe her, at first. Manhunt ensued and "they got 'em." Danny Varnell and she went to the wake and Danny sent her messages. "Strange story" says Norry. Mel says she was entangled.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 03, 2017, 08:21:27 AM
Ah, yes, time for another Jorch Super Suck Sunday night!  Even better news, guess who's back this week?  Surprise, surprise!  It's Doc Wallet.  That dude must be dumping a ton of money on PremRat/ Jorch.  I never thought I'd miss Ed Dames.   :(

Thursday - September 7, 2017
HOST
George Noory
Dr. Joel Wallach

All you need to know about that failure of a veterinarian and his unjust attacks against proven medical science. And medical doctors, which he is not:

<<BEGIN QUOTE:
"Now, drug dealers in America. Each year. We're talking about slimy, HIV-infected, dirty, scaly drug dealers kill ten thousand people a year in America. You are safer going to one of these scumbag dealers on the street than you are going to a doctor." <<END QUOTE>>
-- Premiere Networks; aired to roughly 600 affiliates; guest Joel Wallach; "Coast To Coast AM"; host George Noory; December 7, 2015.

That Joel Wallach is as full of sh*t in reality as being full of sh*t can be. No fooling. Let's just hope -- very deeply -- that bogus "medical advice" doesn't get anyone harmed. Am I being fair enough, all? Beyond reprehensible, beyond irresponsible, it impacts badly on the image and standing of Premiere Networks, George Noory, and any who allow that. Further, such frauds should be kicked off the air and not allowed to appear ever again. In the name of protecting people from such frauds and despicable persons.

Dr Who

Watch it all now on Gaia tv where our good frien Doc Wallach will be showing his latest snake oil live.

Juan Cena

Quote from: michio on September 05, 2017, 02:44:20 AM

The main reason I will usually won't listen when it's time to go to the phones unless I'm on hold.

klaatu2

Noory's speech impediment is that he usually does not pronounce the ng sound, as in morning and evening, but instead pronounces the n sound. Thus, at the start of each show, he usually says good morneen and good eveneen. But he does sometimes properly pronounce the ng sound, especially in one-syllable words such as ring. So he is capable of pronouncing the sound and it would seem that he would try to notice these words and say them properly.

In my opinion, Noory may be the ideal person to host Coast to Coast AM. I presume most people would think he should occasionally have guests who are spouting nonsense, such as astrologers and hollow-earth advocates and the woman last night who said that to remove spells on a person, one should pour coffee over their heads. Some people complain that he doesn't challenge these people, but if he did they would never come back to do his show again or would not appear the first time.

I do cringe sometimes when his guest is some outstanding scientist, etc., and he brings up paranormal explanations that are totally out of place. I think he knows better, but he has a need to keep that element in the show.

NoMoreNoory

Rest easy, everyone. Especially those of you down in Florida. Joorch promises an 'intention experiment' on Friday to push Irma away from the US and back out into the Atlantic. Thank you, Super Joorch. A grateful nation offers you its undying gratitude.

NoMoreNoory

Given that it is one of his favorite hobbyhorses, strange to note that Joorch made absolutely no mention of the two solar flares released on Wednesday morning. The second, an X9, was the strongest for 11 years, sufficient to disrupt some radio communications.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: klaatu2 on September 06, 2017, 10:45:07 PM
Noory's speech impediment is that he usually does not pronounce the ng sound, as in morning and evening, but instead pronounces the n sound. Thus, at the start of each show, he usually says good morneen and good eveneen. But he does sometimes properly pronounce the ng sound, especially in one-syllable words such as ring. So he is capable of pronouncing the sound and it would seem that he would try to notice these words and say them properly.

He has numerous defects/oddities, 'een' for 'ing' being the most obvious.
He softens his 'tees', so they tend to sound as 'th' rather than 't'.
His long 'ohs' are oddly elongated, as in 'show'.
He tends to pronounce short 'a' as 'i', so 'Paris' becomes 'Pirrus', 'paranormal' becomes 'pirranormal'.
Long 'ees' become weird. Listen to him give out phone numbers: 'zero' becomes 'zurro'.
He has oddly poppy 'pees' (!), like his lips are too wet or something.

It's odd that someone who dreamt of a career in broadcasting, sufficiently to apparently gull his dad as to which major he was doing at college and has spent a lifetime in communication, has never seemingly seen the need to correct some or all of these.

''Thurder'' for theater

Yes, it is unusual for a person in radio to not care to improve, or at least fix obvious defects.  Snorgie chalks it up to ''haturs''

Zetaspeak

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 06, 2017, 11:16:04 PM
Rest easy, everyone. Especially those of you down in Florida. Joorch promises an 'intention experiment' on Friday to push Irma away from the US and back out into the Atlantic. Thank you, Super Joorch. A grateful nation offers you its undying gratitude.

This is the same Noory that had Tim Ball on who said Harvey is overrated and this isn't a big deal either. Now Noory wants to be parts of a divine intervention to stop it.

Yes, scheduled like advertisements are, it appears tonight is another "paid program" sans proper disclosure or disclaimers posing as "news, editorial, or program matter" with criticalhealthnews(dot)com. Yes, an independent Youngevity distributor -- read that as a sales pitch -- apparently run by a radio-station affiliate, that Noory perhaps tries to pass of as some "medical clinic" to stupid, ignorant listeners to call for "help" and maybe unlicensed and downright dangerous medical "advice."

And the Federal Trade Commission? Like that sham isn't so obvious? I will tell all of you what I told them about the "Coast-To-Coast AM" and Youngevity International connection -- note Noory or his guests never mention Youngevity International? -- in recent days:

BEGIN QUOTE: <<Don't make me laugh. You know, I tried through the past few years to make your supposed "consumer protection" agency aware of something that should have been addressed between some "fake news" talk-radio program from a paid sponsor sans what I strongly suspect lacks full disclosure with Premiere Networks' "Coast To Coast AM" and "criticalhealthnews(dot)com."

All I thought was to protect consumers from such deceptive "editorial, news or program matter" when some quacks are allowed to speak unchallenged and "play with" consumers' health and maybe their lives. While providing "money, compensation or anything of value" to aired supposed "news" program.

All I got was "laughed at" by your pathetic agency. For trying to -- see https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/04/ftc-staff-reminds-influencers-brands-clearly-disclose -- do your damn job! Then you dare -- dare -- release such as the above in mere words (see ) when I know you have comfortable government jobs and don't give a darn about doing anything that requires courage or fairness.

You are nothing but people with government pensions and benefits down the road and do little in your jobs to address real issues. Try admitting that sometime. I see. It's OK for some radio program to fool, cheat and possibly harm people with bogus, sponsored programs which poses as "news, editorial or program matter" and calls and input are carefully screened to not allow consumers to know the truth. Only praise and "good experiences" are allowed on some "news" program, while we never, ever hear who might have been cheated and perhaps harmed.

Then I see your above post. Get real. "Coast To Coast AM" never lists any sponsor disclaimer in its social media with its paid sponsor and your agency does nothing about it. The host makes one obscure comment on air about "our sponsor and partner" (whatever that means in who is getting paid for what) and that is OK? Baloney.

As usual. People like you make a living by trying to speak big and strong -- then never following up when real action is needed. I know you all too well. Take your taxpayer money, your easy jobs, pen some useless press releases and try to fool people into thinking you are doing your jobs. Your agency is weak and a huge waste of the "consumer-protection" funds it collects. Man up, will you? Get a spine like some of us do in trying to really do the right thing and protect people from crooks." >> END QUOTE

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 07, 2017, 10:52:09 AM
''Thurder'' for theater

Yes, it is unusual for a person in radio to not care to improve, or at least fix obvious defects.  Snorgie chalks it up to ''haturs''
"pURRfulll" for "powerful"

Rebecca Costa was an interesting guest last night, though a bit pollyannaish about technology I thought, she had interesting points. To which Norry, as usual, would compare to movies. Does the guy ever read? Travel? Did he go to school? I know he has had a family and various work experience- why are movies usually the only reference points he has? With guests, especially if they are legitimate guests, movies are the only examples he can bring up and movies seem to be the only reference point he has? The only bit of other interest he might bring up is investments, which is always "should've bought Apple computer."

Quote from: Here We Go Again on September 07, 2017, 12:40:49 PM
Yes, scheduled like advertisements are, it appears tonight is another "paid program" sans proper disclosure or disclaimers posing as "news, editorial, or program matter" with criticalhealthnews(dot)com. Yes, an independent Youngevity distributor -- read that as a sales pitch -- apparently run by a radio-station affiliate, that Noory perhaps tries to pass of as some "medical clinic" to stupid, ignorant listeners to call for "help" and maybe unlicensed and downright dangerous medical "advice."

And the Federal Trade Commission? Like that sham isn't so obvious? I will tell all of you what I told them about the "Coast-To-Coast AM" and Youngevity International connection -- note Noory or his guests never mention Youngevity International? -- in recent days:

BEGIN QUOTE: <<Don't make me laugh. You know, I tried through the past few years to make your supposed "consumer protection" agency aware of something that should have been addressed between some "fake news" talk-radio program from a paid sponsor sans what I strongly suspect lacks full disclosure with Premiere Networks' "Coast To Coast AM" and "criticalhealthnews(dot)com."
." >> END QUOTE

Yes I stopped by to bitch about that same issue. Two hours of a goddamned infomercial perpetrated by that huckster Joel Wallach. Nice going Snorch, hope you're proud of ruining what was once one of the most interesting shows on modern radio.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 07, 2017, 05:18:35 AM
Given that it is one of his favorite hobbyhorses, strange to note that Joorch made absolutely no mention of the two solar flares released on Wednesday morning. The second, an X9, was the strongest for 11 years, sufficient to disrupt some radio communications.

Joorch reported this tonight. Nearly 48 hours after the event. Way to go, Walter Cronkite.

Morgus

Doc Wallet just recommended a 94 old man needs to eat 10-12 eggs a day! :o

As he's done in the past, George Noory referred to "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" as "our website" -- plural and collective term, meaning what? Him and others?. Then makes a reference to "our webmasters" at that site. Ours?

This entire "news, editorial or program matter" thing needs to be looked into. Noory keeps saying "ours" like he is involved with that site. If so, he has not disclosed to listeners ahead of the broadcast that he may have financial ties to that website. That could be -- could be -- an FCC and/or FTC violation.

Noory also stated "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" is a "major sponsor" to the program. "Major" as in how? Are we hearing what are paid programs sans disclosing that? Know that on that KSCO station -- to which that "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" domain name appears to be registered to the owner of that affiliate -- they disclosure that all Joel Wallach's "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" radio shows are paid programming.

Wallach apparently pays for that airtime -- infomercial -- but it seems he does not on "Coast To Coast AM"? I smell bullsh*t happening and it's about time one of these "consumer-protection" agencies looks into any and all ties between Noory, the "Coast To Coast AM" program and what that "partnership" is really about.

Noory tries to b*s listeners into being fooled to think that "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" is some licensed medical facility out to "help you." It's not. It is nothing but a Youngevity International independent distributor.  Noory never feels the need to properly inform consumers of that. It does not have a medical clinic, nor does does it see "patients." Order takers at the other end of the phone call themselves "nutritionists," but will terminate calls when you point out that they appear to be making "diagnosis" and "recommending treatments" -- all involving buying the overpriced, unproven crap they sell to suckers.

I have anxiety disorder, it flares up out of the blue. So tonight I watched the NFL game and then went to bed early cuz I was feeling shitty, put John Batchelor on, I was in and out of sleep and I was feeling anxious, so i gave up on sleeping and just laid there staring at the ceiling and realized Jorch was on now, as soon as I heard it was the snake oil peddling veterinarian my heart started pounding and my anxiety turned to rage.

'Here We Go Again' guy, GET THESE TWO MUTHERFUCKIN' CONMEN OFF THE PUBLIC AIRWAVES AND IN JAIL!!! FTC and FCC need to take them down.

From what I can see talk radio is now almost fully supported by medical snakeoil fraudsters, the same sponsors are on every major talk radio show, it's disgusting because they are spending a fortune advertising their garbage on these shows because they know the audience for talk radio is older, many in poor health and lonely, the perfect marks. Jorch the scumbag is the worst though because he puts them on his show under the guise they are just guests when we know it's a big time paid deal and Jorch and Premier don't disclose it to their loyal aud ....... victims.

albrecht

Is Norry's C2C considered "brokered programming" in the industry? Does "critical health news" put in to get the show on stations, or even keep the show alive, considering the "health" of iHate Radio, Inc?