• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RANT

Started by Queen, July 02, 2009, 07:02:39 PM

Queen

So you think were smarter today then we were 2000 years ago.  If you believe that then u must be a retard.

Lets see, 2000 years ago hmm..

We didn't have McDonald at every corner, a wal mart every 3rd corner and we didn't have a nuke.  We didn't have a way to the moon ( if we went )  we didn't have computers tv dvd  so i guess yea were smarter today.  We didn't have people running around saying that there are worm holes black holes and countless other holes.  We didn't have pedophiles being praised cos they danced and sung during there life. we didn't have plains trains and automobiles.  So maybe your right and I'm dumb. We are smarter today.  I THINK NOT.

Look at the world. we have gotten fat and lazy and we call it progression.  Progress to what, an early heart attack.  Go stuff Ur fat face with hormone injected beef and two can's of lard. And don't walk to the store drive to it. Were soooo fuckin better then we were 2000 years ago cos today we can sit on our ass and type to friends and family instead of walking or living next to them.  We can send nukes to other countries and destroy them and pollute the world with a push of a button instead of walking up to your enemy and fighting them to the death like a real man. 

Smarter now then then cos we have become lazy piles of shit.

HAL 9000

Quote from: NINSo you think were smarter today then we were 2000 years ago.  If you believe that then u must be a retard.

Just a quick question - no hidden meaning: who did you vote for in this past presidential election?

EvB

Phan's not old enough to vote.

"I said, The sheriff is a *BONG*"

I wrote in for Gabby Johnson.  I found the frontier gibberish he used refreshing and dreamy.

EvB

QuoteI wrote in for Gabby Johnson.  I found the frontier gibberish he used refreshing and dreamy.

Oh WOW!  Me too!

HAL 9000

Quote from: EvB on July 02, 2009, 09:28:44 PM
Phan's not old enough to vote.
It was directed at NIN :)

EvB

Quote from: V for Vendetta on July 02, 2009, 10:07:30 PM
It was directed at NIN :)

AH!  My bad.  Well - NIN is an illegal alien.  Can't vote either.  ;:)

Queen

i didnt vote this time, obama only got in cos he's black, mcain only got the nod because the conservatives gave up LOL this country is pathetic

KnyeGuy

Quote from: NIN on July 05, 2009, 07:46:17 PM
i didnt vote this time, obama only got in cos he's black, mcain only got the nod because the conservatives gave up LOL this country is pathetic

Actually I think Obama got in because 'they' wanted him to (No I don't know who 'they' are exactly but whether it's part of a really big conspiracy or a smaller one, don't kid yourselves, politicians and their backers are pretty cunning).
I mean, who would vote for Mccain after Bush anyways? The country remains so polarized politcally,
but is there really any difference between democrats and republicans? Politicians are all the same. I'd trust Obama about as much as Bush (not that the president has absolute power over anything- he's just a face to push agendas)

No point in going into the whole Obama debate here though. There is plenty of info to find (both ridiculous and credible) regarding his victory.

I am and was pretty much sickened by the blind idolatry revolving around him. Either people are really that ignorant or "mass hypnosis" is more easily achieved than I previously thought...

Queen

i voted for Bush, first election i voted in.  The only thing that he did that pissed me off was not stop the Terri Schivo starvation execution.

KnyeGuy

Quote from: NIN on July 07, 2009, 09:18:08 AM
i voted for Bush, first election i voted in.  The only thing that he did that pissed me off was not stop the Terri Schivo starvation execution.

The Terry Schiavo case was a tough call to make for sure.
So Bush's administration didn't cause any other conflicts within you? Nothing regarding Iraq or 911?
All in all I think he was probably a well-meaning individual (as are most presidents) but unfortunately they aren't really the "deciders" (heh) of anything. And to pose it again: What is the real difference between the 2 parties ultimately?

But I digress,... I'd certainly rather go for a beer with Bush than Obama.

Frys Girl

Quote from: NIN on July 05, 2009, 07:46:17 PM
obama only got in cos he's black
Keep telling yourself that. Please! Republicans are dead dud done dinosaurs you betcha.

Queen

You see my politics are very plain and simple. I didn't have a problem with Iraq, Iraq had been a pain in the ass to this country for over a decade, and right after 9/11 happend with all the intell we had at the time, i think he did the right thing, and i sleep well at night.  The dem's who wanted us out of iraq soooooo bad all these years seem to have shut there face now that obama is in and look he hasn't taken us out. Theres been some mouth action (no pun bill)  regarding that we are leaving soon. What is soon were still in Germany, and that was 1945 lol.

Frys Girl

Intel?? hahahahaaha 2+2=5 bomb baghdad! candy and flowers! yipppeeeeeeeee white man suck at war.

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 07, 2009, 02:25:19 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Please! Republicans are dead dud done dinosaurs you betcha.

Oh Fry, you've got to be blind not to acknowledge that Obama was elected because of the "historic event" factor. He was the first viable, socially acceptable black candidate...and after 8 years of Bush, people went radically in the other direction. You gotta accept the facts. He had no credentials..(unless you count "community organizing" and bullshitting as a civil defense attorney a credential), barely any senate time..(and while he was in he didn't vote on the majority of issues presented to him..he just voted "present"), ZERO international experience in politics, and no military service whatsoever.

I can accept the fact that he's a smooth talker..(when he has a teleprompter anyways)..but that's it. Other than that, most people didn't know why they were voting for him other than CNN perpetuated white guilt or black racism. He's actually more inarticulate than Bush when it comes to how long it takes him to get a god damned sentence out of his fat mouth. Maybe Bush said some stupid/funny things..but at least he didn't speak like a prozac'd drone blabbering on in a monotone dribble constantly saying "uhhhhh" inbetween each fucking word.  :-\

Frys Girl

Keep tellin yourself that. I, for one, am glad the topic of "intelligence" came up. Anyway, I'm happy with my president and I'm hoping we don't get bogged down in Afghanistan. I just wish I had signed up for the military sooner. They wouldda paid my billzzzzz. By the way pirate, I think the factor of the other candidate being a ex-first lady wadn't gonna go over too swell with "da peeple" so most of the evil congressmen and women backed up Obama. Plus, Hillary is hell in a pantsuit, if her campaign was any indication. obama ran a smooth running operation and he won, as he should have. GOP should get over it OR keep turning it into a "he read commooonistic textbooks" and "he's a cooon!" and expect to keep winning elections :)

P.S. for you people who can stomach to learn some Persian language, coon means buttocks in eye-ran speak.

Personally for Pirate: If you liked that big o and dukes show that I had linked you to before, FYI they are going off the air. Talk radio is getting knocked off the air completely here in DC for some reason. The music stations are going mostly IPOD format aka NO DJ!!! Very sad. I feel for the DJs. They are underappreciated. Maybe if there weren't so many douche DJs, the industry would be better off? I don't know much about the business, but if GEORGE NOORY is surviving, why not good quality radio like them? So fucked up!!!

The above is on topic: RANT!

MABUSE

Any detailed study of history will show you that actually humans and their behaviour haven't changed a hell of a lot in 5 thousand years.  Human history is a woeful catalogue of stupidity, greed, misery and injustice generation after generation.  By and large most people and historians just gloss over the "business as usual" bits and focus on the high and low points.  Its those "business as usual" bits that make up 80% of it though. 

Half-assed delusions?  Plenty of those!  Read Lucius Apuleius Platonicus for a start, then follow it up with Suetonius & Gaius Petronius Arbiter. 
Greed and disloyalty?  Read the fragment of Thuthmose advice to his sons on power, loyalty and ruling.
Sexual perversion? Back to Suetonius and Petronius, and of course Sophoclese.
All around fun? Read the Gilgamesh cycle.

Those are just off the top of my head and being "ancient" writings which catalogue behaviour that would be "news worthy" in todays tabloid scandal sheets.  My point being as previously stated: Our behaviour hasn't changed much in 5 thousand years. Our "technology" has improved dramatically, NOT out behaviour. It is the arrogance of every epoch, century, age, generation to think that they have risen above the past and are oh-so-much-better than their forebearers.  They're not.  We ain't.  It doesn't happen.

UPDATE: For a classic example of "How we haven't changed a bit and are still driven by negative impulses" check out the GLP Refugee board with its ongoing childish peevish behaviour.  Proof-Positive of my assertion.

Here endeth the lesson, go thy way and sin some more...

**M**

EvB

QuoteOh Fry, you've got to be blind not to acknowledge that Obama was elected because of the "historic event" factor. He was the first viable, socially acceptable black candidate...

I'd amend that only to say that Obama was the first viable, socially acceptable candidate who was not a white male. Hillary would have done by this measure - except she had too much history. (Not that she was ever my candidate) but I think she was a possibility to the people who were presenting the not-a-white-male option. 

But then, perhaps Hillary's "history" made her non-viable.

Well politics is (and always has been) a "white males' only" club. They invented it, fostered it, amended it, and carried it to what it has become today. I don't think it's racist/sexist to admit that. Although it's also our downfall, as everyone else wants in the club too...and now it's almost a hindrance to your electability to be a white male.  :-\

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 12, 2009, 10:25:42 AM
and now it's almost a hindrance to your electability to be a white male.  :-\
I know. It's like, ridiculous. There's still so much fucking up in the world that we need to witness. So racist it's unbelievable.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 10:29:26 AM
I know. It's like, ridiculous. There's still so much fucking up in the world that we need to witness. So racist it's unbelievable.

Our society needs to mature beyond race, and focus on the quality of the mind.

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on July 12, 2009, 10:35:19 AM
Our society needs to mature beyond race, and focus on the quality of the mind.
I agree. I'm only joking of course. I just think it's funny to lament that white males are in the decline, LOL, especially when you wander to senate.gov or house.gov and see the portraits of our legislatures. Don't worry Pirate. The white man is still in charge.

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 10:29:26 AM

Yes, I'm sure that African and Arab leaders would bring the world to peace.

*cough* excuse me...

BWAHAHAHAHA. xDDD

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 12, 2009, 10:46:22 AM
Yes, I'm sure that African and Arab leaders would bring the world to peace.

*cough* excuse me...

BWAHAHAHAHA. xDDD
They would, actually, and they have. The white man has come into the Mid East and done so much damage, propping up of asshole dictators, then cried about it, that you don't even know what the fuck African and Arab leaders can really mean.

The war this country is mired in wasn't waged by "terrists". It was waged by two dumshits for Pres and VP, who sought to personally benefit, and they probably have. Osama bin Laden isn't a response to Brtiney Spears or Michael Jackson. People "there" couldn't care less about America and "our way of life" as Sean Hannity loves to ejaculate about. They only started caring when the white man meddled to no end.

6 years, and this dumb ass president couldn't win a war in a "savage Arab" land. White man sucks at war and can never win.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 10:56:32 AM
They would, actually, and they have. The white man has come into the Mid East and done so much damage, propping up of asshole dictators, then cried about it, that you don't even know what the fuck African and Arab leaders can really mean.

The war this country is mired in wasn't waged by "terrists". It was waged by two dumshits for Pres and VP, who sought to personally benefit, and they probably have. Osama bin Laden isn't a response to Brtiney Spears or Michael Jackson. People "there" couldn't care less about America and "our way of life" as Sean Hannity loves to ejaculate about. They only started caring when the white man meddled to no end.

6 years, and this dumb ass president couldn't win a war in a "savage Arab" land. White man sucks at war and can never win.

A problem the world faces now is actually a legacy from the past.  Most of the Arab (e.g. Iraq), and especially African "nations" are no such thing... their boundaries were artificially drawn by Britain and other European colonial powers.  The problem was (is), the boundaries did not factor in ancient tribal boundaries which exist to this day - hence the violent conflicts. 

Our country is the most powerful militarily, but one of the youngest to exist.  We tend to lack humility that should come with those two categories. 

Frys Girl

Ask yourself, please, why does America need such a big military enterprise? Why does it waste so much money on chunks of metal? What's the purpose of having bases all around the world? What is the cost to those nations for welcoming American military bases. Peace, of course!
What good is a strong military to citizens? How different this nation could have been (and better and advanced), if the investments were not so focused on military and CIA misadventures. Instead, we have to rely on people like Sarah Palin's son to go to "pertekt are freeeedomzzz". Give me a fucking break.

Omg..lol.

I can't even talk race with you Fry...you must have had some silly or incredibly brainwashed civil rights-era professors in college.

Well when the African/Arab Muslim space program starts up instead of them spending all their money on tribal/religious warfare, drug trades, slave trades, prostitution, oil, and gold - I'll consider them to be on par with white males. Until then, liberal professors can try the 'white guilt" aspect on me as to why these peoples have never succeeded on the earth as we have. I'm not buying that poor excuse for an excuse.

Oh, and America has a large military to keep pacifist liberals like you safe from the real dangers that exist in the world. It isn't roses and daisies in Africa or the Middle East, much less regimes like China or North Korea. Maybe one day you will see that.