• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2014, 12:34:01 AM
The only accusation I made was that you posted it without Art's permission which seems to be correct.

Dude he posted it to the internet and he is a public figure. Not only that but it was shared on a open public forum. Not only that but last year he did post the picture to artbell.com. It is not as if I shared this super intimate top secret picture. I am sure if he did not want the picture shared it would not have been posted. To say otherwise is silly. Feel free to get off your high horse.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 13, 2014, 12:37:17 AM
Dude he posted it to the internet and he is a public figure. Not only that but it was shared on a open public forum.
Feel free to get off your high horse.

You can spin it anyway you want Shrek.

area51drone

Quote from: jazmunda on November 12, 2014, 11:25:23 PM
Agreed. Poor form if you have not received permission from Art. It is one thing if he posted it on artbell.com which is open to the public but this has been taken from his private facebook page.

Says the guy who obviously knows everything Art is thinking.  Including the idea that Art isn't coming back.   You're so in tune Jaz.

I'm not going to speculate whether or not Art cares, but personally, if I was a public figure, I wouldn't be releasing any pictures of myself or my family unless I expected it to be all over the internet.   And guess what? I'm not a public figure and I don't release stuff because I know it could go all over the internet if I did.

jazmunda

Quote from: area51drone on November 13, 2014, 03:17:56 AM
Says the guy who obviously knows everything Art is thinking.  Including the idea that Art isn't coming back.   You're so in tune Jaz.

Couldn't give a fuck what you think mate.

WildCard

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 13, 2014, 12:25:59 AM
Well it was posted on people who love art bell facebook and  his wife sends the pictures to the guy who runs the page, so obviously it was meant to be shared. People shouldn't jump the gun with accusations.
I'm not tryin to be a dick, nooryisawesome. I'm sure the people who don't at least have a sock-puppet FB account appreciated it. But -
QuoteGuess I should have reminded you all about the one rule we have in here, and that is, not to share what is posted. Please respect this one rule, and again, I'm sorry, I should have reminded you...
Thanks, Mj

MV/Liberace!

Guess I should have reminded you all about the one rule we have in here, and that is, not to share what is posted. Please respect this one rule, and again, I'm sorry, I should have reminded you...
Thanks, Mj

if that's written by the person who runs the art bell group on facebook, then it's more about maintaining exclusivity of content than respecting privacy.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2014, 10:51:46 AM

"Guess I should have reminded you all about the one rule we have in here, and that is, not to share what is posted. Please respect this one rule, and again, I'm sorry, I should have reminded you...
Thanks, Mj"

if that's written by the person who runs the art bell group on facebook, then it's more about maintaining exclusivity of content than respecting privacy.
Michael Jackson runs Art Bell's Facebook fan page?!!!

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on November 13, 2014, 12:14:57 PM
Michael Jackson runs Art Bell's Facebook fan page?!!!

while singing "thriller" in his zombie voice .

b_dubb

Quote from: MJ's Zombie Voice
GRRRNNNNAAAA GRRRRLLLLAAAAAAAAAA   ... GRLLLAAAAAAAAA UHHHH IME ... GRILLLLAAAA GRILLAAAA THRILLLLLLAAAAAAAA ... BRAINS

WildCard

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2014, 10:51:46 AM
Yeah, somebody responds -
QuoteI will be happy to abide by your rules, but for the life of me I can't figure out why you don't allow sharing. If something is that private, it should not be on FB in the first place. What is the reasoning behind this rule? Thanks.
Her answer -
QuoteBecause...other pages have been shut down for sharing Arts past shows, I do NOT want to be shut down, please, please, please understand..!
Huh? What does on have to do with the other? Carry on.   

WOTR

Quote from: WildCard on November 13, 2014, 10:26:15 AM
I'm not tryin to be a dick, nooryisawesome. I'm sure the people who don't at least have a sock-puppet FB account appreciated it. But -
I have not bothered to "friend" Art... But the fact is that I doubt he honestly thought he was sharing it with 8000 of his closest friends and family. It was put out for public consumption to his fans. 

How come nobody gets upset when somebody copies Art's facebook posts or Keiths or even Coasts and posts them here if Facebook is now a vehicle for private conversations and secret communications?

Basically, I doubt it matters one way or the other.  If I really want to stay up to date, I will "friend" him on facebook.  As it stands, I would not want to see this thread turned into a mirror of his facebook feed- but the occasional photo is not going to kill us or him.

MV/Liberace!

Because...other pages have been shut down for sharing Arts past shows, I do NOT want to be shut down, please, please, please understand..!

what a dummy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wotr1 on November 13, 2014, 01:08:16 PM
...the occasional photo is not going to kill us or him.

i would agree.  i don't see the issue with it.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on November 13, 2014, 03:05:05 PM
i would agree.  i don't see the issue with it.

Reported to the Moderator of the We Love Art Bell Facebook Fan Page. :P

Ms. C

Quote from: wotr1 on November 13, 2014, 01:08:16 PM
I have not bothered to "friend" Art....

no worry about this ... he can't 'accept' any more 'friends' on FB; too many I guess, one can only 'follow him'

[attachimg=1]

jazmunda

Quote from: Ms. C on November 13, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
no worry about this ... he can't 'accept' any more 'friends' on FB; too many I guess, one can only 'follow him'

[attachimg=1]

I've never understood the 5,000 limit that Facebook puts on friends like they are the authority on how many friends are too many friends. Having said that I have 320 something "friends" of which I actually regularly speak to maybe a dozen not counting family.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2014, 03:35:45 PM
Reported to the Moderator of the We Love Art Bell Facebook Fan Page. :P

i hope she doesn't gum me to death.

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on November 13, 2014, 03:58:39 PM
Facebook.  Bah, humbug.

Pawn Stars: Corey Explains Facebook

Sounds like a conversation I would have with my grandfather were he still alive.

No matter how many times I've attempted to explain the internet to my nearly 90 year old grandmother she just doesn't grasp the concept.

jerry

I have to say, I agree with the older one... :)

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2014, 04:18:50 PM
...No matter how many times I've attempted to explain the internet to my nearly 90 year old grandmother she just doesn't grasp the concept.

I caught a kind of funny clip of some teen show the other day, where they wandered into a library for the first time, wondering what the place was.  One girl said "I think it's old people google."

starrmtn001

This photo is from Art's Facebook page.  I'm sure he'd be happy I'm sharing here as well as on Facebook.

Asia and myself Yesterday at school !
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=736396479741807&set=a.431890216859103.85564.100001143852663&type=1

WOTR

Quote from: Ms. C on November 13, 2014, 03:41:29 PM

[attachimg=1]
What the hell?  Art and I are really close and you are telling me that I cannot friend him?  I passed through the high desert a number of times.  I even considered calling him back when he hosted a radio show.  Maybe he will unfriend somebody so that I can be a part of his online life.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 13, 2014, 10:34:31 PM
This photo is from Art's Facebook page.  I'm sure he'd be happy I'm sharing here as well as on Facebook.
The other photo left me feeling somewhat indifferent.  His wife who I have no connection to and his daughter...  This one is kind of cool showing him living his life.  The important things continue on despite Coast, non-competes and attendance at Church.

WOTR

Interesting... Green exit signs.  I wonder if it is a Paharump or Arizona thing?  I noticed that Houston (among some other cities) had the same.  Most countries have green "running men." where America has both red and green exit signs and Canada has red exit signs (apparently this may be changing in the future.) I inquired and it seems that green is easier to see in an emergency situation.  I often wonder how many thousand lives are saved each year by demanding green rather than red signs.  I would like a real world, controlled, blind study where you drop somebody into a room filled with toxic smoke and count how many are overcome and die of smoke inhalation in the rooms with green vs. red signs.

I suppose after reading 300 pages of Ontario fire code as well as the NFPA 25 I realize that most rules and regulations are stupid, made to be ignored and are a "really nice idea" in a perfect world.

No, I am not off topic at all.

jazmunda

Quote from: wotr1 on November 13, 2014, 11:19:22 PM
Interesting... Green exit signs.  I wonder if it is a Paharump or Arizona thing?  I noticed that Houston (among some other cities) had the same.  Most countries have green "running men." where America has both red and green exit signs and Canada has red exit signs (apparently this may be changing in the future.) I inquired and it seems that green is easier to see in an emergency situation.  I often wonder how many thousand lives are saved each year by demanding green rather than red signs.  I would like a real world, controlled, blind study where you drop somebody into a room filled with toxic smoke and count how many are overcome and die of smoke inhalation in the rooms with green vs. red signs.

I suppose after reading 300 pages of Ontario fire code as well as the NFPA 25 I realize that most rules and regulations are stupid, made to be ignored and are a "really nice idea" in a perfect world.

No, I am not off topic at all.

Newly installed exit signs in Australia are green with white "running man" figure.

Quote from: wotr1 on November 13, 2014, 11:19:22 PM
I suppose after reading 300 pages of Ontario fire code as well as the NFPA 25 ...

Sounds like a fun Saturday night.

area51drone

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=736396479741807&set=a.431890216859103.85564.100001143852663&type=1

Art, if you're reading this, you look great and congratulations to Asia.   Can't wait for your return.

WhiteCrow

Recap of last 20 pages of this thread. Started out with hopes of high drama from the wacky world of paranoamal nut job broadcasters and their handful of tea leaf reading  BellGabbeing groupies.

A storm the phones lines attack was promoted by the Great One. The Bellgabber special forces storm troopers at last received their long awaited call to action to even the score with evil blabbers.
They eagerly programmed their phones speed dealers. Hoping to break through the enemies lines and gain hero status. The evil ones came up with the prefect defensive plan and the BellGabbers returned to infighting and dreaming again about  the return of the Great one.