• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Noory just said Art Bell told him when he took over the show to "not copy him"
Well then why does Noory still uses Art's bumper music so much?

HAL 9000

I'm not listening, and the Ambien is kicking in, but somehow this thread seems to have morphed into a NHZ "live discussion" with play-by-play comments. WTF?

Guess I'll cozy up to my bag of Doritos and hope for some deep slumber.

Morgus

More asskissing guests including Dannion Brinkley now.
Also Brooks Agnew with a hollow earth update? :o

Morgus

very strange that all the callers are Noory ass-kissers, telling him he improved the show and more junk.
this last caller just said she remembered during the Bell->Noory 'transistion' that Noory recovered many affiliate stations that dropped with Bell and then he added many more?
she must have lived in an alternate universe...

bdc

Quote from: Morgus on January 07, 2013, 02:56:55 AM
very strange that all the callers are Noory ass-kissers, telling him he improved the show and more junk.
this last caller just said she remembered during the Bell->Noory 'transistion' that Noory recovered many affiliate stations that dropped with Bell and then he added many more?

This is terrible. I keep trying to call in but I get a busy signal or they won't pick up. And I seem to have gotten myself into a Twitter war with a die-hard Noory fan, which is a huge waste of time.

Doomed

Quote from: Morgus on January 07, 2013, 02:56:55 AM
What a load! When it was clear what noory was going to do with the show, I started tracking the stations as they came and went. I can tell you that the number of 50 thousand watt flamethrowers that carry C2C now are a fraction of those that Art had a decade ago. At one point, from here in Seattle, I could pull in eight city grade signals, all cranked out by big stations like KEX Portland, KGA Spokane, KOA Denver, and several others. This poor deluded woman must've overdosed on Carnivora.
Tonights program is a lesson on self love. Good thing george loves himself because the numbers are dwindling.  :P

Morgus

some of the alternate hosts are calling now like Knapp and Simone

Morgus

Quote from: Doomed on January 07, 2013, 03:08:55 AM
What a load! When it was clear what noory was going to do with the show, I started tracking the stations as they came and went. I can tell you that the number of 50 thousand watt flamethrowers that carry C2C now are a fraction of those that Art had a decade ago. At one point, from here in Seattle, I could pull in eight city grade signals, all cranked out by big stations like KEX Portland, KGA Spokane, KOA Denver, and several others. This poor deluded woman must've overdosed on Carnivora.
Tonights program is a lesson on self love. Good thing george loves himself because the numbers are dwindling.  :P
yep Noory traded big stations for much smaller ones

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: popple on January 07, 2013, 01:49:15 AM
"in the beat of an eye" it will be christmas again. according to jorchie.

OMG. Did he really say "in the beat of an eye"?

I can't stop laughing!!!!

Doomed

Brookes Agnew with a hollow head update.
"George? Do ya hear that echo?"
"Yeth"

Morgus

whitley finally calls in now
Noory again is telling him that it went by too fast he wants another 10 years...

Doomed

"I force my staff to wear weird things"
Must be a riot to see Tommy in a french maids outfit.

armyvet8896

Did you all here him say melsing when he tried to pronounce melting? Freakin hilarious

Morgus

now its john wells, so all the weekend hosts called

MTB

"If I get married..."...."I tell them what to wear"....this show is oscillating from train wreck to circle jerk to laugh riot to desperate cry for help, sometimes in the same call.

Morgus

and now Hoagland himself calls in to promote his upcoming events...

Yorkshire pud

Here's a novel and innovative idea; if you don't like what you're listening to...don't.  ;) ...Or do you also succumb to self flagellation in other ways?

Scully

Thanks to Morgus and his assistants for giving a blow-by-blow description (no pun intended) of the action that I HAD to know about, but could NOT bear to listen to tonight. You should all be given medals for courage.  :-*

And thanks to Art Bell for not calling in - assuming he didn't. 

I would guess there was pressure to do so, and sometimes it's hard to say 'no'.  Didn't someone say George mentioned calling Art about a project or something a few weeks ago.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2013, 03:49:15 AM
Here's a novel and innovative idea; if you don't like what you're listening to...don't.  ;) ...Or do you also succumb to self flagellation in other ways?

Of all the self-destructive behavior we all put ourselves through, listening to coast is one of the least harmful. Well unless you take it seriously...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 07, 2013, 04:22:33 AM

Of all the self-destructive behavior we all put ourselves through, listening to coast is one of the least harmful. Well unless you take it seriously...

There's the quandry; I fear some do... It bestows a perceived level of influence and font of knowledge on George that he neither deserves or is qualified to hold.  :)

Maxwell

"The beat of an eye or the click of an eye."  What the hell is wrong with this man?

I wrote a really long post about how George's show disturbed me last night.. I compared his behavior about being on ten years to Art Bell's during one of his retirements when he told callers to not talk about him retiring. Such a difference.
But I deleted the post. It's Noory's big day. Congrats George on somehow, someway, making it on the air for ten years despite all of this. You beat us ....
And now go enjoy vacation. And ... give us Wells to make us miss you by the end of the week . (Smart move)

KnyeGuy

Thank the heavens that Art Bell did not call.
I think Noory should be held to his verbal contract of retirement from the show after the 2012 Mayan Calendar end date. I'm sure we were all looking forward to that until we heard him renege that promise in the past year or so.

I endured as long as i could. Then, he started talking about his insistence that Tom wear a bunny suit with ears.

I couldn`t take it anymore. What the...

NoMoreNoory

Having screwed up 'host of coast to coast' in the first 25 seconds last night, he proceeded to inform us about the potential dangers of melting glaciers 'in Antarctica in Greenland'. Good try Joorchie. They just happen to be at opposite poles, but don't worry about it. Places at risk from rising sea levels include Bangla Desh and some new geographical feature known only to him. 'Swampertolls', he has decided to call them, and they're in the Pacific Ocean, apparently. All this and barely a minute in. The comedy gift that keeps on giving.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 07, 2013, 09:51:26 AM
I endured as long as i could. Then, he started talking about his insistence that Tom wear a bunny suit with ears.

I couldn`t take it anymore. What the...

There is something seriously wrong with George Noory.  I wonder if we are going to find out exactly what it is some day.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 07, 2013, 01:01:15 AM
This 10th anniversary show is amazingly bad.  Perhaps those of you more versed in psychology than I can comment. What manner of person has a show in which he alternates phone calls for his guest from people who don't have jobs, can't find one, and are suffering, with calls from previous guests who celebrate not only sNoory having a job now, but rejoicing in a projected 10-more years of sNoory working?

Is this schizophrenia or idiocy?  Either way, sNoory sucks.

It's narcissism.  Noory is a very mean-spirited man.  You can tell he gets off when he hears stories about people not being able to find a job, being homeless, etc.  It props up his ego.  I think we all know someone in real life who fits this description.  They only associate with people who are beneath them, because it makes them feel better about themselves.  This is also why he frequently goes on and on about his supposed charitable deeds.  He doesn't care if it embarrasses the recipient; he just cares that it makes him look good  -- at least he thinks it makes him look good.  The rest of us see him for what he really is.