• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Tray von Gutenberg

Quote from: Falkie2013 on August 19, 2013, 10:02:52 AMHow do you transfer stuff to an 8 track tape ? I didn't know one could get blank tapes.

I still have my Olson Electronics 8-track recorder/player. Two nice vue meters and L/R channels slide controls for I/O levels (fade in/fade out while recording) plus microphone jack.

No need for blank tapes (though they used to sell them back in the day). I just used boxes full of demo tapes my dad got from the dealership where he worked, and recorded over them. Used a bulk tape eraser in case the alignment was off. Everybody loved me cuz I could make them "custom" 8-tracks with their favorite music.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ziznak on August 19, 2013, 06:19:52 PM
I listened to the replay after reading through this thread... I think he was really annoyed at the phone issues they were having as well as some of the callers.  The fish in the urinal call was a total waste of time.  I think it was supposed to be a joke.  It just wasn't funny.  That witness protection lady sounded really interesting!! I think that's who you guys were talking about.  Older lady whose husband was in WWII and her son was in Nam?  She ended up on witness protection due to him being some black ops assassin or something.  She'd be a great guest.  The area 51 rant was cool too.  Can't blame knapp for being a bit annoyed at that ya know?  He's been doing stories on the place his whole damn life and he has to see these media douchebags use this recent "announcement" for a silly fluff piece... media douchebag joke fodder... eh I got the chills.

Can't wait to see the Art interview...

The lady's claims were all based of her late husband's background.  She claimed her son was born a special needs child who died in his 40s, he never went to Vietnam.  What was interesting was she repeated, very briefly and seeming not understood by George,  the claim Kennedy had been killed at the behest of a Vietnamese dragon lady.  There was a C2C guest within the past couple years who wrote a book making the same claim.  I think she was was a relative, maybe the wife, of Vietnamese President Diem.

Btw, she claimed she didn't have a phone that was listed anywhere.  I'm sure all C2C callers show up on a caller ID viewed by the screener.  I wonder what showed up when she called George?

aldousburbank

Quote from: WhosURmama on August 19, 2013, 12:53:09 AM
I love Knapp's interrogation style too.  Good for him!

Yes, quite the opposite of doofus boy who follows every friggin statement with "Yes, absolutely" or some dicky thing.

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 19, 2013, 07:21:17 PM

I agree.  From a helicopter and with no parachute.

:)

I could outline several Ian annoyances I have, so I understand folks not being fans, but for some reason on the whole I mostly enjoyed his style.  If nothing else he seems intellectually curious, which counts for alot in my book.

By the way people say you can't skydive without a parachute.  Not true.  You just can't skydive twice without one.   :D

Juan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 19, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
the claim Kennedy had been killed at the behest of a Vietnamese dragon lady.  There was a C2C guest within the past couple years who wrote a book making the same claim.  I think she was was a relative, maybe the wife, of Vietnamese President Diem.

Probably Madame Nhu, sister-in-law of President Diem.  Diem was a batchelor and the Nhus lived in the palace, so she was considered the first lady of South Vietnam. She was quite powerful and referred to as The Dragon Lady. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 20, 2013, 04:35:39 AM
Probably Madame Nhu, sister-in-law of President Diem.  Diem was a batchelor and the Nhus lived in the palace, so she was considered the first lady of South Vietnam. She was quite powerful and referred to as The Dragon Lady.

Thanks Fill, that name sounds right.  Do you by chance remember the C2C guest who wrote the book about Nhu's involvement in the Kennedy assassination?  I remember at the time thinking it might be worth reading, but forgot about it until the old gal mentioned her on George's open-lines segment.

RedMichael

Quote from: ziznak on August 19, 2013, 06:19:52 PM
I listened to the replay after reading through this thread... I think he was really annoyed at the phone issues they were having as well as some of the callers. 

Knapp's shows, i don't know if often is the word, but has by far the most technical trouble compared to Noory or Wells. I think his studio is in Las Vegas. Whatever the issue is they need to let someone go and hire someone else who can remedy that. It is more than likely related to just doing 2 shows a month.

I feel sorry for the guy because the technical problems flat out prevent him from doing his job when they occur.

eddie dean

Quote from: karios8 on August 18, 2013, 11:46:41 PM
Haha. Fish in a urinal phenomenon!?

I just watched a replay of the Colbert Report from 8/14/2013.
He did a story about house flys  etched on urinals in Amsterdam.
Reminded me of the disappearing fish we learned about on sundays Knapp broadcast.

Links:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/u/urinal.htm#.UhP6Zfd5tQM

or

http://www.urinalfly.com/

Juan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 20, 2013, 10:27:23 AM
Thanks Fill, that name sounds right.  Do you by chance remember the C2C guest who wrote the book about Nhu's involvement in the Kennedy assassination?  I remember at the time thinking it might be worth reading, but forgot about it until the old gal mentioned her on George's open-lines segment.
I see that Michael Cohen was interviewed by George, but I don't see a book by him.  Madame Nhu was touring the US when her husband and brother in law were killed.  She threatened whoever did it, saying they would pay.  She ran South Vietnam's secret police and surely would have some of them traveling with her.  If you accept that a professional assassin killed Kennedy, she certainly could have been responsible.  I don't know how to square a plot of only a couple of weeks with all lthe Oswald connenctions, though.

Scully

Knapp posted this pic on his FB page a few days ago.  He said his office is known to be a black hole where things that go in are never seen to come out again.  I say this is what 8 hours of show prep really looks like.  ;)

shell88

Quote from: Scully on August 21, 2013, 11:20:42 PM
Knapp posted this pic on his FB page a few days ago.  He said his office is known to be a black hole where things that go in are never seen to come out again.  I say this is what 8 hours of show prep really looks like.  ;)

Lol  I knew the guy was a genius.  Please do Art's days off  George.  C2C doesn't deserve a class act like you. No need to hang with the rubbish at Coast.  I know Art would grab you in a flash!

michio

Awesome picture. With the advent of computerized technology the paperless office is in full effect with Mr. Knapp. ;)

ziznak

theres a soda fountain cup from sevs there!!!

SaucyRossy

This show so far is just great. George knapp is an amazing host.

SaucyRossy

Blink 182 bumper music!?

Is blink 182 c2c fans!!??!?

WOTR

What the Hell?!?  The guy stole my desk and cleaned it up a little before posing for a picture with it?  The desk had better be returned by Monday with all of my crap exactly where I left it.

ItsOver

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 25, 2013, 11:53:15 PM
This show so far is just great. George knapp is an amazing host.

Just caught the first hour last night but George sounded as good as usual.  His guest sounded a little shaky at first, but by the time I zonked out, Knapp was working his magic on him.  I really do wish Art would scoop him up for "Dark Matter."  I could tune out of C2C completely then.

Ravenna

I'm interested to hear what the first hour guest had to say last night about conspiracy theorists.  I've always sort of gotten the impression they're people who lead boring lives; that, additionally, they're people dissatisfied with their lives in some manner, and so believing something nefarious is going on beneath the surface of things gives them a feeling of excitement to their lives that would otherwise be completely absent. 

I'm going to listen to the YouTube audio of this tonight to see if the guest agrees at all with my  theory.

Synopsis of first hour guest from the c2c website:

Conspiracy Theorists
In the first hour, Dr. Mike Wood, former faculty member at the School of Psychology at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK talked about his study of conspiracy theorists. Rather than judge the veracity of these theories, Wood said that his work was aimed at understanding the psychology of conspiracy theorists as well as how they construct their arguments. He lamented that some media coverage of the study has misinterpreted it in favor of conspiracy theorists. In particular, Wood cited the findings which showed skeptics to be more hostile in their arguments than their conspiracy-minded counterparts. Wood attributed that result to the fact that those in the minority, such as conspiracy theorists, have to be more civil in order to argue their case.

Great show last night.

George "The Postman" Knapp just plain, flat-out, delivers.

God willing, he`ll stay right where he is for many a Summer to come.

Scully

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 26, 2013, 01:34:06 PM
Great show last night.

Couldn't have said it better myself.   8)

Quote from: Ravenna on August 26, 2013, 11:01:28 AM
I'm interested to hear what the first hour guest had to say last night about conspiracy theorists.  I've always sort of gotten the impression they're people who lead boring lives; that, additionally, they're people dissatisfied with their lives in some manner, and so believing something nefarious is going on beneath the surface of things gives them a feeling of excitement to their lives that would otherwise be completely absent. 

Have you read the news lately? Millions of former "conspiracy theorists" are being validated more and more every day. It isn't good news for anyone but your post makes me incredibly nauseous given what is going on right now. I guess it really depends on what you write off as a "conspiracy theory" as MSM puppets like Anderson Cooper, Maddow, Hannity, list goes on.

RedMichael

Quote from: Unbuhliebahble!!! on August 28, 2013, 10:39:08 PM
Have you read the news lately? Millions of former "conspiracy theorists" are being validated more and more every day. It isn't good news for anyone but your post makes me incredibly nauseous given what is going on right now. I guess it really depends on what you write off as a "conspiracy theory" as MSM puppets like Anderson Cooper, Maddow, Hannity, list goes on.

Help me out here, where is the news that more and more conspiracy theorists are being validated every day?

Quote from: RedMichael on August 29, 2013, 06:12:01 AM

Help me out here, where is the news that more and more conspiracy theorists are being validated every day?

You need more than "help" if you don't know what I'm talking about. No thanks.

RedMichael

Quote from: Unbuhliebahble!!! on August 29, 2013, 01:36:34 PM
You need more than "help" if you don't know what I'm talking about. No thanks.

Like a link.

NORGEGORY

I'll help out:  The world's not the place that it seems and there's a lot of truth seekers out there who know they've been brainwashed by the educational system, the media, and the government.  Maybe some of their theories are unscientific and unprovable by mainstream scientific standards, but they've latched on to some snippet of truth, something genuinely real and are simply following the evidence where it leads. 

I'd rather be wrong, but going in the right direction than to be going in the wrong direction and have people think I'm always right just because I'm in a position of power and authority with the privilege of being able to parse fact from fiction or fact from fantasy--which is nothing more than my informed opinion--with the effect that I'm influencing the thinking of a tremendous amount of people, not with the truth, but my own version of it, and the resulting consequences, good or bad. 

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Nebraska888

Agreed!!!!   :D      (And, he is a cutie!)

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 26, 2013, 01:34:06 PM
Great show last night.

Agreed!!!!   :D

CampsieNP

soooo bummed it is the 1st of the month which only means one thing. No, not that the year is whipping by so fast (it is) but that it means No Knapp Time.
Instead it is Nap Time because I go to sleep early on the Sunday the bad host is on. Who wants to listen to Dave playing that horrible music?
Dave really sucks. I just can not listen to him for more than 10 minutes. It seems even worse now that I know Art is coming back some how.

saucerlike

George Knapp is coast to coast right now as far as I'm concerned.  If there was any justice in the world he'd be the full time host. 

awake

Quote from: Ravenna on August 26, 2013, 11:01:28 AM

I'm going to listen to the YouTube audio of this tonight to see if the guest agrees at all with my  theory.

Synopsis of first hour guest from the c2c website:

Conspiracy Theorists
In the first hour, Dr. Mike Wood, former faculty member at the School of Psychology at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK talked about his study of conspiracy theorists. Rather than judge the veracity of these theories, Wood said that his work was aimed at understanding the psychology of conspiracy theorists as well as how they construct their arguments. He lamented that some media coverage of the study has misinterpreted it in favor of conspiracy theorists. In particular, Wood cited the findings which showed skeptics to be more hostile in their arguments than their conspiracy-minded counterparts. Wood attributed that result to the fact that those in the minority, such as conspiracy theorists, have to be more civil in order to argue their case.

Absolutely, and with the reduction in funding for the u.s. education system belief is woo will continue to increase I fear.  The u.s. has leaders who don't understand evolution, climate change and science in general who actually head committees dealing with these sciences.  It simply hurts my heart to see this happen to my country where science and engineering were once revered.