• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Rix Gins

Quote from: ItsOver on July 02, 2017, 08:53:05 AM
Tuned into The Hoagster last night for the first time since he's been back.  His guests sucked but he sounded pretty good to me.

I caught the last five minutes of the show.  A man was describing what some of us will be seeing during the forthcoming solar eclipse in August.  Quite informative and it was fun to hear him and Richard talk about it.  From reading the comments, I guess the other 175 minutes weren't all that hot but I did enjoy hearing about the eclipse. 

Nobody

Quote from: Étouffée on July 02, 2017, 01:39:07 PM

If Hoagie has a producer, and if so, if such producer reads this, I hope he or she or them will reach out to Mr. Ostrum,

Why not tell Hoagland about this guest suggestion via the contact form on his alleged website?

https://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/contact-us/

ItsOver

Quote from: Rix Gins on July 02, 2017, 01:56:59 PM
I caught the last five minutes of the show.  A man was describing what some of us will be seeing during the forthcoming solar eclipse in August.  Quite informative and it was fun to hear him and Richard talk about it.  From reading the comments, I guess the other 175 minutes weren't all that hot but I did enjoy hearing about the eclipse.
I only made it a little past the first hour.  It wasn't all that bad and RCH seemed to be in the "Dick Cavett" mode.  It was almost hard to believe this was the same guy that could crazy-man talk about 19.5 and artifacts on the Moon.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Nobody on July 02, 2017, 02:56:25 PM
Why not tell Hoagland about this guest suggestion via the contact form on his alleged website?

https://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/contact-us/

I wouldn't trust giving my email to Hoagie and his "crew" 

ShayP

Sun/Mon July 2, 2017 â€"  Christopher Loring Knowles

Christopher Loring Knowles is the author of the Eagle Award-winning “Our Gods Wear Spandex: The Secret History of Comic Book Heroes”, co-author of “The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series, the “Myths, and the Movies” and “The Secret History of Rock ‘n’ Roll: The Mysterious Roots of Modern Music”. He was an associate editor and columnist for the five-time Eisner Award-winning Comic Book Artist magazine, as well as a writer and reviewer for the UK magazine, Classic Rock.

He has appeared on ABC’s 20/20 and Vh1’s “Metal Evolution” and several radio shows including “Mancow in the Morning”, “National Public Radio” and the “Voice of America”. He has also appeared in several documentaries such as “Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth and The Man”, “The Myth: Superman”. He was invited to lecture on science fiction, mysticism and mythology at the legendary Esalen Institute at Big Sur, California in 2008 and 2009. He blogs regularly on The Secret Sun.

CozyRozie

Quote from: ShayP on July 02, 2017, 09:24:03 PM

Christopher Loring Knowles is the author of the Eagle Award-winning “Our Gods Wear Spandex: The Secret History of Comic Book Heroes”, co-author of “The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series, the “Myths, and the Movies” and “The Secret History of Rock ‘n’ Roll: The Mysterious Roots of Modern Music”. He was an associate editor and columnist for the five-time Eisner Award-winning Comic Book Artist magazine, as well as a writer and reviewer for the UK magazine, Classic Rock.

He has appeared on ABC’s 20/20 and Vh1’s “Metal Evolution” and several radio shows including “Mancow in the Morning”, “National Public Radio” and the “Voice of America”. He has also appeared in several documentaries such as “Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth and The Man”, “The Myth: Superman”. He was invited to lecture on science fiction, mysticism and mythology at the legendary Esalen Institute at Big Sur, California in 2008 and 2009. He blogs regularly on The Secret Sun.

OK now we know who is Hoagie's new Producer.
Congrats ShayP  8)

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on July 02, 2017, 09:24:03 PM

its like...the same guests over and over lol like every other show..but yet..no Super Dave for what..a year now

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on July 02, 2017, 09:26:39 PM
its like...the same guests over and over lol like every other show..but yet..no Super Dave for what..a year now

Just about. 9/8/16 was his last appearance.

ItsOver

I've got Hoagie's Las Vegas station on now, waiting to see if he actually appears again.  So this is what it was like to live in the 50's.

Quote from: Nobody on July 02, 2017, 02:56:25 PM
Thank you, Nobody.  I was actually kidding about Hoagie interviewing Charly from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

However, I do believe that Hoagie does some of his best interviewing, when he gets out of his comfort zone/ Wheel (Fun) House of science and metaphysical woo.

Comic books are kind of a wobbler topic.  We'll hear how he does.  I'm glad he's out there trying, in any event.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on July 02, 2017, 09:32:10 PM
I've got Hoagie's Las Vegas station on now, waiting to see if he actually appears again.  So this is what it was like to live in the 50's.

That and there are some very disreputable people trying to convince us that there's a Russian hiding around every corner. Careful! You could be one too and not even know it.  :o

Is that Wayne Newton singing "I left my Heart in San Francisco"?

Ring-a-ding-ding!

CozyRozie

..major technical difficulties tonight.

MAKE ALTERNATIVE PLANS LADS

ItsOver

Quote from: Étouffée on July 02, 2017, 09:45:18 PM
Is that Wayne Newton singing "I left my Heart in San Francisco"?

Ring-a-ding-ding!
Ha!  Actually, it's kind of a nice break from the crap of today that's suppose to be music.   

ItsOver

Quote from: =Schlyder= on July 02, 2017, 10:01:51 PM
LOL stealing C2C bumper music.  Come on hoagie.
He, he, he.  Well, it's not like Art's around to use it and Jorch wouldn't know what it was anyways.

ShayP

This song is decreasing my testosterone.  No benefit to my man teets.  :-[

Cheers all!  :D

ShayP

"Technical difficulties...please stand by."   LOL!  ;D

astroguy

Okay, setting my recorder for 5 hours, going to bed.  Going to an amusement park with "in-laws" (quotes because I'm not actually married) tomorrow, including an 8-year-old "nephew."  Gonna take a lot of energy.

ShayP

Quote from: astroguy on July 02, 2017, 10:08:16 PM
Okay, setting my recorder for 5 hours, going to bed.  Going to an amusement park with "in-laws" (quotes because I'm not actually married) tomorrow, including an 8-year-old "nephew."  Gonna take a lot of energy.

Have a funnel cake and a soft pretzel for me.  Oh yeah, and an Italian ice.  Maybe some fresh cut fries.  And an assortment of sandwiches.  That should do it.  Plus have fun!  8)  ;)

astroguy

Quote from: ShayP on July 02, 2017, 10:12:56 PM
Have a funnel cake and a soft pretzel for me.  Oh yeah, and an Italian ice.  Maybe some fresh cut fries.  And an assortment of sandwiches.  That should do it.  Plus have fun!  8)  ;)
The sister"-in-law" is against all that.  We're packing lunches.  Though I'm allowed on Tuesday to make soft pretzels with the "nephew" since we'll have a few hours downtime and I figure the shaping would be something he'll enjoy.

ShayP

Quote from: astroguy on July 02, 2017, 10:14:37 PM
The sister"-in-law" is against all that.  We're packing lunches.  Though I'm allowed on Tuesday to make soft pretzels with the "nephew" since we'll have a few hours downtime and I figure the shaping would be something he'll enjoy.

No offense but boooooooo at the sister in-law.  :P   Making the pretzels sounds fun though.  :)

K_Dubb

Quote from: astroguy on July 02, 2017, 10:14:37 PM

Oh dear.