• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: rekcuf on February 28, 2016, 11:24:15 PM
I call bs on Lady Gaga's victim status. It seems quite fashionable to publicly dub yourself a "rape survivor" these days...
It certainly is the flavor of the day. Everyone is a victim. This woe is me mentality is ruining everything.

I call bs on Lady Gaga's victim status. It seems quite fashionable to publicly dub yourself a "rape survivor" these days...

Not my joke, but if the Oscars wanted racial diversity they could have had the perpetrators of the rapes on stage as well.

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 28, 2016, 11:46:12 PM
Not my joke, but if the Oscars wanted racial diversity they could have had the perpetrators of the rapes on stage as well.

*runs to fallout shelter because a truth-bomb was just dropped*

Value Of Pi

Did she say that? The TV was on by I can never bring myself to watch her for more than five or ten seconds. Except for that time she was wearing meat when I watched a bit longer.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 29, 2016, 12:25:46 AM
Did she say that? The TV was on by I can never bring myself to watch her for more than five or ten seconds. Except for that time she was wearing meat when I watched a bit longer.

She "wrote" and sung a whole song about it. *yawn*

I have friends who are "rape survivors" and they sure as hell didn't "dub" themselves with that description in order to be "fashionable."  Take a few minutes to reflect on your flippant post and ask yourself if you really believe what you said. 

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 29, 2016, 12:39:41 AM
I have friends who are "rape survivors" and they sure as hell didn't "dub" themselves with that description in order to be "fashionable."  Take a few minutes to reflect on your flippant post and ask yourself if you really believe what you said.

I don't believe a multimillionaire artist who's relevance is starting to wane. I'm guessing your friends don't have millions of dollars to gain by playing the vitctim card. Sorry, not sorry.

paladin1991

'friends who are "rape survivors"'       Wow.  I don't know a soul who has been raped and you have multiple friends who have been raped.

What's the common factor there....besides them all being friends of yours? 

coaster

Someone here recently made the news after claiming she was raped when she wasn't. She did it for attention and is currently in jail. People are different and do shit for different reasons. I'm sure your friends and Lady Gaga are completely different people and therefore act in completely different ways.
Weird how that works, huh?

I didn't watch the Oscar show and I haven't read any stories about it because I'm not the least bit interested, so I have no idea what Lady Gaga said to inspire such a knee jerk reaction against rape survivors victims.  Shame on me for offending anyone who has never experienced it. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 29, 2016, 01:23:58 AM
I didn't watch the Oscar show and I haven't read any stories about it because I'm not the least bit interested, so I have no idea what Lady Gaga said to inspire such a knee jerk reaction against rape survivors victims.  Shame on me for offending anyone who has never experienced it.

This IS BellGab. Don't try and write anything using nouns, verbs, and adjectives. It will just cause you pain. Sentences made up totally with curse words or adverbs are usually ok unless you add in a preposition. Someone will try and make you the object of said preposition.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 29, 2016, 01:23:58 AM

I don't believe Lady Gaga's story. Period. You appear to be the offended party, sir. I'm not offended by opinions.

Quote from: coaster on February 29, 2016, 01:10:45 AM
Someone here recently made the news after claiming she was raped when she wasn't. She did it for attention and is currently in jail. People are different and do shit for different reasons. I'm sure your friends and Lady Gaga are completely different people and therefore act in completely different ways.
Weird how that works, huh?

Once in a great while your curmudgeon schtick makes me laugh, but to insinuate that all rape victims are suspect just because some women make false accusations doesn't. I hope it never happens to one of your friends or relatives.  I can't believe we're even debating the subject.

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 29, 2016, 12:54:48 AM
'friends who are "rape survivors"'       Wow.  I don't know a soul who has been raped and you have multiple friends who have been raped.

What's the common factor there....besides them all being friends of yours?
Actually, I have known a few (and still know two.)  Then again, I grew up in the punk scene and maintain "oddball" friendships...  If he maintains friendships with certain groups of people, I would believe it...

Sorry for disobeying the rules GS.  I, we, they, That rule can be difficult to follow.

Quote from: rekcuf on February 29, 2016, 01:40:05 AM
I don't believe Lady Gaga's story. Period. You appear to be the offended party, sir. I'm not offended by opinions.

I can't argue with that logic, so you win.

coaster

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 29, 2016, 01:48:30 AM
to insinuate that all rape victims are suspect just because some women make false accusations doesn't.
I don't know what you are going on about. I never insinuated that all rape victims are suspect
Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 29, 2016, 01:48:30 AM
I hope it never happens to one of your friends or relatives.
Knock on wood.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on February 29, 2016, 01:50:58 AM
Actually, I have known a few (and still know two.)  Then again, I grew up in the punk scene and maintain "oddball" friendships...  If he maintains friendships with certain groups of people, I would believe it...

Sorry for disobeying the rules GS.  I, we, they, That rule can be difficult to follow.

The only rules are the ones MV chooses to enforce. You're good WOTR. Mine was sarcasm.

I enjoy reading your posts. Keep going. You have made me shake some old cobwebs more than once.

ge30542

Quote from: rekcuf on February 29, 2016, 01:40:05 AM
Her story is not "recent". Stern interviewed her 2(?)years ago where she indicated that at a young age, her music " mentor" took advantage. Not sure, but I would give her the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion, not challenging anybody.

Auslandia

Quote from: ge30542 on February 29, 2016, 02:04:50 AM
Her story is not "recent". Stern interviewed her 2(?)years ago where she indicated that at a young age, her music " mentor" took advantage. Not sure, but I would give her the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion, not challenging anybody.

Don't be passive aggressive

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 29, 2016, 01:59:47 AM
The only rules are the ones MV chooses to enforce. You're good WOTR. Mine was sarcasm.

I enjoy reading your posts. Keep going. You have made me shake some old cobwebs more than once.
I can honestly say that I have enjoyed many of your posts as well.  Oh... And "happy birthday" (or anniversary, as the case may be.)  I glanced at your "join date." ;)

WOTR

Quote from: ge30542 on February 29, 2016, 04:28:07 AM
WTF?

I think that was posted in response to "Just my opinion, not challenging anybody."

This is Bellgab.  Rather than not challenging anybody, you should have posted something along the lines of "Shut up, you stupid prick... I am 100% convinced of her story and you are an idiot for thinking otherwise."  And you could have tossed in a couple of four letter words to help get your point across.

Anything less is passive aggressive.  8)

ge30542

Quote from: WOTR on February 29, 2016, 04:49:25 AM
I think that was posted in response to "Just my opinion, not challenging anybody."

This is Bellgab.  Rather than not challenging anybody, you should have posted something along the lines of "Shut up, you stupid prick... I am 100% convinced of her story and you are an idiot for thinking otherwise."  And you could have tossed in a couple of four letter words to help get your point across.

Anything less is passive aggressive.  8)
10-4

WOTR

Quote from: ge30542 on February 29, 2016, 05:33:14 AM
Look here, WOTR, you stupid bastard.  I am anything but passive aggressive and I sure as hell don't need your "help" to figure out how to navigate Bellgab and don't appreciate being told how I should react, nor what I should type...

There, I fixed it for you.  (Your welcome.) 8)

***I promise to stop now... Only because it is bed time....

Hollow Man

Well, I see it's become the Rape Truther thread now. These are truly the best of times...

Auslandia

Quote from: Hollow Man on February 29, 2016, 06:57:09 AM
Well, I see it's become the Rape Truther thread now. These are truly the best of times...

Maybe we should just turn it back to Trump  Lol.

The only good thing I can say about Trump this morning is that he did not attend  The religious liberties conference where this happened:
http://youtu.be/5pLobWHDdVw

henge0stone

As Hillary says, "All sexual abuse accusers deserved to be believed.....unless they are talking about my Husband, then they are cunt face lying hoes."

Tinfoil_Helm

I hope Art (and other Trump zombies) watch this.  Even the dumbest, Trumpiest on here will find it funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

Uncle Duke

In the bigger picture, I agree with rekcuf that celebrities tend to jump on bandwagons when it comes to "fashionable" trends/causes.  Admittedly they may not do so with any greater regularity than us common folk, but obviously they have far greater visibility than those of us in steerage.  AIDS awareness/pink ribbon pins, writing children's books, Kabbalah, adopting children of color, etc.  From my perspective such actions by the rich and famous are not a question of good or bad, right or wrong, nor do I necessarily think all are doing such things just for the press they might generate.   I see a lot of them as simply, " .....yeah, me too!" types.

PKaiser

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on February 29, 2016, 09:44:22 AM
I hope Art (and other Trump zombies) watch this.  Even the dumbest, Trumpiest on here will find it funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

Just what we need: some inbred boring UK SUBJECT telling us about our politics.

Yes, their Queen and Prime Minister are just so much better and smarter that anyone over here.

This idiot in the posted video is probably in love with the Clintons, those wonderfully smart and special people.

I found his sophomoric jokes not funny, just more of the same nonsense from folks who don't research anything but just want to make people laugh, and I'm not even a Trump supporter.  Yet.

Gimme a break....