• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 25, 2015, 07:22:30 PM
Dude.  That's going to be aisle 5, 6, & 7.

Curtis... you once mentioned you have an extra condenser mic.  I will be getting a mixer now, and would kindly pay you shipping for your extra mic if that's not a pain in the ass.  Possibilities have arisen.  I stand amazed & want to be ready.  I'd be in your debt, sir.  I don't think a Yeti is going to cut it for this.

So is this going to be a regular gig?

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on May 25, 2015, 08:02:40 PM
I'll need a mop over here too....

yeah I still have the extra condenser and I would be glad to send it to you.  Its a Behringer C-1 http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/C-1.aspx.

Too grateful for words.  Any tips on a basic mixer? 

eddie dean

How much do you want to spend for a mixer?

I was just helping another gabber with mixers.
Here are a few links to mixers that have the features needed to run a gabcast or similar shos with co-hosts, callers and bumpers.

Soundcraft Sig 12 MTK
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Sig12MT

Yamaha mg16.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MG16

A cheep mixer with a boatload of features:
Behringer x2222usb
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/X2222USB

8 chan mixer
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1204USB

You'll want to get a mixer with USB if you can. with at least 2 Aux channels. If there is effects built in to one of the Aux ch. you will need to make sure you can bypass the fx engine so you have a dry, uneffect Aux send.

Hope this helps. :)

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on May 25, 2015, 08:58:54 PM
How much do you want to spend for a mixer?

I was just helping another gabber with mixers.
Here are a few links to mixers that have the features needed to run a gabcast or similar shos with co-hosts, callers and bumpers.

Soundcraft Sig 12 MTK
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Sig12MT

Yamaha mg16.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MG16

A cheep mixer with a boatload of features:
Behringer x2222usb
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/X2222USB

8 chan mixer
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1204USB

You'll want to get a mixer with USB if you can. with at least 2 Aux channels. If there is effects built in to one of the Aux ch. you will need to make sure you can bypass the fx engine so you have a dry, uneffect Aux send.

Hope this helps. :)

Yes, it does.  Thanks a million.  Do you run the Skype on the GabCast through a compressor too?

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 26, 2015, 02:34:50 AM
Yes, it does.  Thanks a million.  Do you run the Skype on the GabCast through a compressor too?

Yes. I use 2 stages of live compression:
1- I have light compression on the individual mixer channel inserts for:  skype hosts channel, Skype caller channel & my mic.

2- Everything mixed to  the master fader is compressed  via master fader inserts (brick wall limiter)

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on May 26, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
Yes. I use 2 stages of live compression:
1- I have light compression on the individual mixer channel inserts for:  skype hosts channel, Skype caller channel & my mic.

2- Everything mixed to  the master fader is compressed  via master fader inserts (brick wall limiter)

Thanks for that info.  We doing a GabCast tonight?

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 26, 2015, 03:31:32 PM

I don't think I can. I thought we were every 2 weeks.

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 26, 2015, 03:31:32 PM

Sure thing!
Sorry for the late notice.  I can't do a show today.

Also to help clairfy my post about back to back SS & GC, It wasn't meant as a flat out refusal to do it that way.  If back2back helps generate listeners or has another advantageous affect, I can do it that way.  whatever the consensus is, is okay by me.

FYI:
Next week, I will be out of town Monday through  Wed. possibly back Thursday AM. 
Curtis or MV: can one of you run the show in  my absence? 
If not, we can plan to do a show Wed night (if I'm back in time) or Thursday  night.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on May 26, 2015, 03:46:07 PM
I don't think I can. I thought we were every 2 weeks.

Just wanted to check.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on May 26, 2015, 05:53:29 PM
Sure thing!
Sorry for the late notice.  I can't do a show today.

Also to help clairfy my post about back to back SS & GC, It wasn't meant as a flat out refusal to do it that way.  If back2back helps generate listeners or has another advantageous affect, I can do it that way.  whatever the consensus is, is okay by me.

FYI:
Next week, I will be out of town Monday through  Wed. possibly back Thursday AM. 
Curtis or MV: can one of you run the show in  my absence? 
If not, we can plan to do a show Wed night (if I'm back in time) or Thursday  night.

i'll be there tuesday and we'll just roll right in to the gabcast after the spec sheet.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2015, 12:11:30 AM
i'll be there tuesday and we'll just roll right in to the gabcast after the spec sheet.

Ok, I like these double-features.  But, damn, man, you will be so tired by the end of the GabCast. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 27, 2015, 12:15:28 AM
Ok, I like these double-features.  But, damn, man, you will be so tired by the end of the GabCast.

Yeah I'll be tapped for sure. Might have to roll out the Jesus juice.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2015, 12:42:13 AM
Yeah I'll be tapped for sure. Might have to roll out the Jesus juice.

If you want to drink I will take the afternoon off work. Could be funny. Jazmunda is a fun drunk.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 12:54:13 AM
If you want to drink I will take the afternoon off work. Could be funny. Jazmunda is a fun drunk.

I will pay good money to hear drunk Jazmunda & drunk MV on the air.  And by good money, I mean this "share size" bag of skittles on my desk. 

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 27, 2015, 01:02:45 AM
I will pay good money to hear drunk Jazmunda & drunk MV on the air.  And by good money, I mean this "share size" bag of skittles on my desk.

You would hear a lot of "I love you Man" from me. It might not be great listening.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 01:05:27 AM
You would hear a lot of "I love you Man" from me. It might not be great listening.

I'll tell you what a miserable cunt you are. It'll balance out.

onan

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2015, 01:13:20 AM
I'll tell you what a miserable cunt you are. It'll balance out.

I haven't drank since May of 1987. But what a fun thought, a drunken Gabcast.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on May 27, 2015, 04:44:47 AM
I haven't drank since May of 1987. But what a fun thought, a drunken Gabcast.

Grab a bottle of Scotch.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 01:05:27 AM

It's already happened.   I remember an early GC 2.0 from Dec 2013 or Jan. 2014.  you were away on holiday,  drunk and happy.
I think it was the first time you did the show from the bathroom.

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 29, 2015, 10:52:31 AM
OMFG, you guys.

lol!
Curtis once said that Falkie is a dream maker, I think we all realize now that Art Bell is the real dream maker!
You must be high on life right now. Good for yew!! :)
It's amazing to  witness

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on May 29, 2015, 11:43:35 AM
lol!
Curtis once said that Falkie is a dream maker, I think we all realize now that Art Bell is the real dream maker!
You must be high on life right now. Good for yew!! :)
It's amazing to  witness

Thank you eddie dean.  This is unprece... I am not worthy.  But will use all my talk-fu & excuse me while I pass out again.

heater

Congrats (Redacted) on everything that is coming your way!  I am excited for you.

Eddie I would like you to officially note the date and time for me because right now is when Falkie the dream maker no longer held his sway.  that stupid fuck can and should go away.

Heather Wade

Quote from: themudking on May 29, 2015, 09:49:07 PM
Congrats (Redacted) on everything that is coming your way!  I am excited for you.

Eddie I would like you to officially note the date and time for me because right now is when Falkie the dream maker no longer held his sway.  that stupid fuck can and should go away.

I just read your post over there, that's some never before seen mudking rage.  The calendar is now marked 8:52 PM PST.  This is a trip & never intended, but to watch life unfold right now is like watching the aliens walk out of their ship and hand me a lit joint.

Could say thank you guys, but it doesn't feel nowhere near enough.  And I don't want to creep you out.   ;D   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 29, 2015, 09:59:54 PM

Could say thank you guys, but it doesn't feel nowhere near enough.   

just give us more stripper anecdotes.  that'll suffice.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
just give us more stripper anecdotes.  that'll suffice.

There were dudes that would occasionally tip with their hotel room keys. 

onan

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 29, 2015, 11:55:31 PM
There were dudes that would occasionally tip with their hotel room keys.

There is another way of tipping?

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on May 29, 2015, 09:49:07 PM

Noted good sir! Noted.
The end of the dream maker meme couldn't come at a better time. Is there a preferred time zone for this kind of thing? I'll just use GMT
It's apropos this new era be ushered in by the thread's creator. Full circle!
BTW, I think I like the R rated version of mudking!

Heather Wade

We're on tomorrow at 6 PM Pacific?