• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
Probably..unfortunately. This is why I say it should be open season on "journalists." If their lives depended on actually doing their jobs properly maybe they'd actually start doing them instead of collecting millions while laughing at how stupid they think we all are.  ::)
That  has worked out well in Mexico.  Maybe open season on politicians instead?  (Using the same logic.)  ;)

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 04, 2017, 11:48:10 PM
Brietbart (and many conservatives) sure didn't like Trump's fondness for E.D. versus the "rights of the individual", and criticized him for it on a number of occasions. It will be interesting to see if they still feel that way when the lawsuits start again.

Assuming Trump is familiar with the Kelo case beyond it being eminent domain, as a developer he probably would be in favor of it anyway.

Quote from: WOTR on April 04, 2017, 11:58:54 PM
That  has worked out well in Mexico.  Maybe open season on politicians instead?  (Using the same logic.)  ;)

Maybe we could just trade ours for theirs

paladin1991

Quote from: Up All Night on April 04, 2017, 10:33:38 PM
Why doesn't the US just declare war on N. Korea and take care of business.

Tell the little Fuckers that the armistice is over, and go in an finish the job....

If China backs them, then I begin to wonder why the US is spending so much resources on S. Korea. Where exactly is the return on our taxpayer's investment anyway??

Heard a couple of college boys saying the same thing.  "We ought to go over there and fuck their shit up."  I asked them if they were enlisting to go 'fuck their shit up.'  Their response was the usual beta male bull shit.  "Um, no.  We're in college and are working on our careers." Or some such shit.  I offered this, "Until you have pulled the trigger, have deployed or just signed the fuck up, you need to shut the fuck up and let the big people figure this out."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 04, 2017, 11:58:54 PM

No, that would mean civil war but we do need to get a trustworthy 4th estate again somehow. I'm picturing a Running Man type scenario for all journalists with the goal being the truth. Winning that will come with much reward and hoopla. The losers will find other work as field fertilizers and such.  ;)

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 04, 2017, 11:48:10 PM
Brietbart (and many conservatives) sure didn't like Trump's fondness for E.D. versus the "rights of the individual", and criticized him for it on a number of occasions. It will be interesting to see if they still feel that way when the lawsuits start again.

For the record, I made a big deal about it during the primaries. I didn't like how Trump used eminent domain law to push people out of their homes. However, I am for it when it comes to the border wall. I would say most people who  voted for Trump are in favour of it.

the_Stranger

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on April 05, 2017, 12:05:21 AM

Heard a couple of college boys saying the same thing.  "We ought to go over there and fuck their shit up."  I asked them if they were enlisting to go 'fuck their shit up.'  Their response was the usual beta male bull shit.  "Um, no.  We're in college and are working on our careers." Or some such shit.  I offered this, "Until you have pulled the trigger, have deployed or just signed the fuck up, you need to shut the fuck up and let the big people figure this out."
I've been out of the game for a spell, but do we still have the GI Bill?
In olden days there were fellows that enlisted to get their careers/lives kickstarted.
Most got their asses kicked, but a few dug in and made something of themselves.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 05, 2017, 12:24:18 AM
For the record, I made a big deal about it during the primaries. I didn't like how Trump used eminent domain law to push people out of their homes. However, I am for it when it comes to the border wall. I would say most people who  voted for Trump are in favour of it.

The counties along the Rio Grande are democrat stronghold. With the exception of the sanctuary cities, those are the only counties that were blue in 2016.

Trump only got 53% but Clinton only got 43%. Most people in Texas want the border secure.

GravitySucks

Quote from: the_Stranger on April 05, 2017, 12:29:12 AM
In olden days there were fellows that enlisted to get their careers/lives kickstarted.

Not the original GI bill. The new one is called the Montgomery GI Bill if I rememebr correctly. The original one went extinct back around 1990. I know my education benefits are kaput. Texas has a deal for Texas vets that gives 150 semester hours of tuition and fees to any state school.

paladin1991

Quote from: the_Stranger on April 05, 2017, 12:29:12 AM

Yeah.  G.I. bill is still there.  I do believe it morphs as time goes by, but yes, essentially, it's still there.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 05, 2017, 12:33:52 AM
Not the original GI bill. The new one is called the Montgomery GI Bill if I rememebr correctly. The original one went extinct back around 1990. I know my education benefits are kaput. Texas has a deal for Texas vets that gives 150 semester hours of tuition and fees to any state school.

right.  That's it.  the Mongomery G.I. bill.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on April 05, 2017, 01:09:24 AM
right.  That's it.  the Mongomery G.I. bill.

I used the Vietnam Era GI Bill to get a BS while I was on active duty.  It was a good deal.  The government picked up the entire tab for tuition   I believe the Montgomery Bill is a matching fund deal wherein the individual contributes and the government matches the contribution within limits.

Yorkshire pud

Back in 2013, Trump tweeted frequently (often the same day) about his objections to the USA being involved in Syria.

Yesterday he tweeted that the Syria problem was Obama's fault because the USA didn't get involved.

No blame to Putin for chemical weapon attack or supply of. And Trump is sending US troops to Syria. Not advertising of course, because it could be embarrasing if some pesky cynic reminded him of his stance in 2013.

And some still think he's rational.

Zetaspeak

From day one I thought the guy never stood for anything. He liked the freedom caucus health car plan, but also endorsed the moderate plan. He wants to disengage  from world affairs, but also blames America when something  happens  overseas. The guy is justca a shell

In over news, reports is Bannon is removed  from NSC

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 05, 2017, 10:03:56 AM
From day one I thought the guy never stood for anything.

Interesting because also from day one you were feeding us fake poll results here. How'd that work out for ya?  :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 10:06:08 AM
Interesting because also from day one you were feeding us fake poll results here. How'd that work out for ya?  :D
Give zeta a break a about the polls. I thought they were informative  but I also thought they were fudged a bit.I think he was a bit duped by them. Not his fault.

3OctaveFart

Aw, where's Big Steve going to sleep? Tired of his drunk ass stinking up the White House couch?

Worry not, he looks like he's in the middle stages of biliary cirrhosis. He better sharpen his "vision" for the world while he has time. We the people need him desperately.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 05, 2017, 08:57:24 AM
Back in 2013, Trump tweeted frequently (often the same day) about his objections to the USA being involved in Syria.

Yesterday he tweeted that the Syria problem was Obama's fault because the USA didn't get involved.

No blame to Putin for chemical weapon attack or supply of. And Trump is sending US troops to Syria. Not advertising of course, because it could be embarrasing if some pesky cynic reminded him of his stance in 2013.

Everyone has a right and some have a duty, as in the case of a sitting president, to change his position on an issue in response to changing factors and circumstances and with the benefit of information that was not previously available to him (intelligence estimates, expert advice, knowledge gained through direct communications with other heads of state, etc). If you want to think of Trump as a flip-flopper as you clearly do that is your choice. However, any objective observer would, at least  in this particular case, see him as being flexible enough to reverse himself when the situation demands.  We in the military called it "adapting to and overcoming changing threats."  Sun Tzu had quite a bit to say about the importance of this quality in a leader.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 05, 2017, 08:57:24 AM

Kerry and Obama assured us that Assad had surrendered all his chemical weapons and capacity to manufacture them.  The use of these weapons in recent days is just another example of the Obama Administration feckless handling of foreign policy.  Or maybe it was Trump who gave him the weapons in exchange for his being issued building permits to construct hotels in Damascus and Allepo.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 05, 2017, 10:58:04 AM
Give zeta a break a about the polls. I thought they were informative  but I also thought they were fudged a bit.I think he was a bit duped by them. Not his fault.

Right! And now that the election's over of course he's not trying to dupe us anymore, nor is the mainstream news. The election solved everything and now it's all better so we can all go back to sleep again.  ::)

BTW, fudged a bit is the understatement of the century. How could anyone be informed by fudged polls expect to be informed of the  corruption responsible for it? You really need to grow up now!  ;)

smccomas69

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 11:17:31 AM
Kerry and Obama assured us that Assad had surrendered all his chemical weapons and capacity to manufacture them.  The use of these weapons in recent days is just another example of the Obama Administration feckless handling of foreign policy.  Or maybe it was Trump who gave him the weapons in exchange for his being issued building permits to construct hotels in Damascus and Allepo.

It was years ago prior to 2013 I believe. The Syrian "Rebels" used some chemical weapons on the populace. I am inclined to believe that they are responsible for this one also. To me it does make sense for Assad to use them, the Russians are sort of backing him and the Trump admin seems to be less likely to interfere. It does seem likely for the Rebels to use them or at have them in theater.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: smccomas69 on April 05, 2017, 12:19:25 PM
It was years ago prior to 2013 I believe. The Syrian "Rebels" used some chemical weapons on the populace. I am inclined to believe that they are responsible for this one also. To me it does make sense for Assad to use them, the Russians are sort of backing him and the Trump admin seems to be less likely to interfere. It does seem likely for the Rebels to use them or at have them in theater.   

Last time this happened it was traced back to US backed rebel groups and the chemicals used came from us. I don't see any reason to think this is any different now just because Trump is president. Remember John McCain going to Syria on an "emergency mission" shortly after Trump was inaugurated and then, all of a sudden, ISIS had one of our drones? Now they're using chemical weapons. McCain really has no moral boundaries.  ::)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8CCJTJCQk

smccomas69

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 12:25:01 PM
Last time this happened it was traced back to US backed rebel groups and the chemicals used came from us. I don't see any reason to think this is any different now just because Trump is president. Remember John McCain going to Syria on an "emergency mission" shortly after Trump was inaugurated and then, all of a sudden, ISIS had one of our drones? Now they're using chemical weapons. McCain really has no moral boundaries.  ::)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8CCJTJCQk

Concur

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 11:02:36 AM
Everyone has a right and some have a duty, as in the case of a sitting president, to change his position on an issue in response to changing factors and circumstances and with the benefit of information that was not previously available to him (intelligence estimates, expert advice, knowledge gained through direct communications with other heads of state, etc). If you want to think of Trump as a flip-flopper as you clearly do that is your choice. However, any objective observer would, at least  in this particular case, see him as being flexible enough to reverse himself when the situation demands.  We in the military called it "adapting to and overcoming changing threats."  Sun Tzu had quite a bit to say about the importance of this quality in a leader.

Well I'm glad you cleared that up. Some may have thought back in 2013 that Trump was simply tweeting shit on a topic he had neither interest nor expertise in, and spewed out his many tweets simply to try and make himself look some kind of statesman. Naturally, in 2013, the Russians were only just getting started and needed to get their stuff in place without any possible hinderance.

Now that Trump is POTUS, he still knows fuck all, has no interest but finds time to blame his predecessor because he didn't send troops etc into Syria, just like Trump said he shouldn't in 2013.

And the carnage back then was the same as now. Just that Putin (Trump's buddy) has had time to get his bombers to kill more civilians, with no end in sight.

starrmtn001

First Lady Melania Trump Queen Al Abdullah and Betsy DeVos take part in a listening session 4/5/17.

https://youtu.be/hVBjluaUIvY

Kidnostad3

Quote from: smccomas69 on April 05, 2017, 12:19:25 PM

That is a possibility and we'll have to see how this plays out.  In either case it's just another crime against humanity in a war that has gone on far too  long.  If Obama had taken decisive action when the red line that he painted was first crossed in Aug 2013 instead of punting the ball to Congress,  many lives could have been saved and we wouldn't be having this conversation today. 

Obama had all the authority he needed to initiate action under The Warpoowers Act but he did nothing and after a long delay submitted an Authorization to Use Force Bill to Congress that was sure to get bogged down in political wrangling and that is exactly what happened.  In the meantime the Russians had intervened by brokering a deal wherein Syria would surrender it's chemical weapons and associated manufacturing capabilities.  This eliminated the impetus for Congress to act on the Bill and let both Obama and Congress of the hook.  However, Russia involving itself in the conflict as an advocate for the Assad Regime drastically changed the calculus for U.S. intervention and the opportunity to bring the fighting to an end was lost. 

Now we have Russian troops on the ground in Syria at the same time U.S. troops are operating there which is inherently a high risk situation that could lead to a shooting war between the two major powers with a very real potential for escalation to a nuclear exchange.