• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 07:30:51 AM
There are some good horror novelists that were contemporaries of King that I enjoyed.  Richard Laymon,  James Herbert (British novelist), Robert McCammon and Dan Simmons wrote some excellent horror novels.  Laymon and Herbert have since died. The latter 2 still write though their output is much less and is not as enjoyable as their earlier works.
Stephen King is the "Art Bell" of story telling and I suspect that it will only be after his death (hopefully many years from now) that he is recognized for both his story telling and more importantly his "character development" abilities. In addition, if you look at books like The Stand and The Dark Tower you see elements great science fiction and fantasy (as well as one interpretation of Everett's many world's hypothesis which is gaining traction in many physics circles). 

Bluejay

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2018, 11:37:58 AM
Is there a pool going on whether Heather will suffer a third outbreak of Hoagland's Syndrome and refer to Andrew D. Basiago as her "good, good friend"?

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: ItsOver on May 30, 2018, 02:46:52 PM
LOL.  Lock her up, KR2000.

[attachment=1,msg1236466]
Sadly, this is something that will probably have to either be negotiated or litigated. Could be like the time my neighbor's tree fell on my fence (back in Indiana) and he declined to fix the fence or remove the tree. I could have sued him and probably won. However, I didn't have the time (or the money) to go through with the action, and even if I won he wouldn't have pain (nor did he have the money).  Being legally correct is only half the battle.  Still, someone will have to press their trademark/copyright case or the other party will win by default.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 28, 2018, 10:59:42 PM
There sorry I was away, it pained me to be away from all of you. But not to worry, I am back for shoo-er now to listen to my good friend Dave with all of you.
LOL

I'm thinking the same thing, Dyna-X.  I've always liked Good Dave. 
The past is done.  This is Now.  Moving on.  The future awaits. ;) ;D

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
Does this mean that she has always had Art's "sacred" mike (which I feel is destined to be in the radio broadcasting hall of fame) perhaps just by the entrance to Rush's EOB branch? For whatever reason (perhaps the placebo effect, but it seemed pronounced) she was significantly more clear after she announced the move in terms of audio fidelity.  Also, if she did move before she announced (and thus was prevaricating) isn't it possible that she did so for security/privacy reasons (both for herself, Art, and his family?).  I tend to believe that if they (Heather and Art) were having some sort of illicit, ongoing relationship that being so close to Art's wife and family would have made Heather so uncomfortable that she psychologically would not have been able to live there (and continue doing so) without tremendous anxiety (not saying that it is impossible, just unlikely). Also, Heather talked about Art's kids helping with her cats. Again, I believe that if their relationship was not appropriate that Art's wife would at a minimum have put the kibosh on such interactions.  Obviously, Heather isn't perfect and neither was Art (personally, from a broadcasting standpoint he was Michael Jordan) but I have a great appreciation of what they have endeavored to bring to the venue.

Karen at KNYE sure despises Heather and the only reason I can think of that would cause her to feel that way is she suspected an illicit relationship was going on between Heather and Art.

Bluejay

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 30, 2018, 12:36:28 PM
Ha!  While Heather snored (until 3 in the afternoon) and Airyn took the kids to school, Art took one last trudge through the sagebrush to the studio.  Leaving an unmistakable fingerprint in the dust on the drawer front (we heard about this last night), he pinched the smoke she was always reminding him about.  Stealing a final glimpse at her slumbering form, he eased the door shut and locked it (he had the key, of course) and walked slowly back to the house, luxuriating in the clear desert morning air and the heavenly bite (now rather dry) of real, honest tobacco.  Peeking at his phone, he reassured himself of the date, and a wry smile creased his tired eyes...

timebandit

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 02:59:29 PM
Karen at KNYE sure despises Heather and the only reason I can think of that would cause her to feel that way is she suspected an illicit relationship was going on between Heather and Art.
yep, it was pretty nasty to carry Dave when she hadn't carried Heather.. did she ever broadcast Heather?

SredniVashtar

No doubt Art was boning/boned Karen too.

Kolchak

Quote from: timebandit on May 30, 2018, 03:04:11 PM
did she ever broadcast Heather?

She did, until she realized nobody wanted her to.

timebandit

Quote from: Kolchak on May 30, 2018, 03:05:56 PM
She did, until she realized nobody wanted her to.
thanks.. interesting. She didn't carry her even when art was alive..ok

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 30, 2018, 03:05:21 PM
No doubt Art was boning/boned Karen too.

If you listened to her interviews I think you'd realize what a ludicrous speculation that is... :o

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 02:54:53 PM
Sadly, this is something that will probably have to either be negotiated or litigated. Could be like the time my neighbor's tree fell on my fence (back in Indiana) and he declined to fix the fence or remove the tree. I could have sued him and probably won. However, I didn't have the time (or the money) to go through with the action, and even if I won he wouldn't have pain (nor did he have the money).  Being legally correct is only half the battle.  Still, someone will have to press their trademark/copyright case or the other party will win by default.

Exactly, if I were Keith and good Dave; I would let Heather have the name MITD.

It’s not even that great of name worth fighting over. Plus Schrader is from  the Chicago area. Although, he is a Vikings fan ( both teams can go to hell).  MITD makes zero sense as a name for a show primarily hosted by Schrader.

Bluejay

Bluejay

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 30, 2018, 03:10:13 PM
If you listened to her interviews I think you'd realize what a ludicrous speculation that is... :o

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 30, 2018, 12:36:28 PM
Ha!  While Heather snored (until 3 in the afternoon) and Airyn took the kids to school, Art took one last trudge through the sagebrush to the studio.  Leaving an unmistakable fingerprint in the dust on the drawer front (we heard about this last night), he pinched the smoke she was always reminding him about.  Stealing a final glimpse at her slumbering form, he eased the door shut and locked it (he had the key, of course) and walked slowly back to the house, luxuriating in the clear desert morning air and the heavenly bite (now rather dry) of real, honest tobacco.  Peeking at his phone, he reassured himself of the date, and a wry smile creased his tired eyes...

As absurd as this sounds I could see Art doing this.

Nobody

Quote from: timebandit on May 30, 2018, 03:07:59 PM
thanks.. interesting. She didn't carry her even when art was alive..ok

No, no: She did, for a time, then stopped.

I believe she stopped in either January of 2017 or January of 2018, but Art was still alive when Karen gave Heather the chop.

trostol

Quote from: Bluejay on May 30, 2018, 02:54:06 PM

i felt so bad for Kevin at that point ..he looked like he was gonna cry

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 30, 2018, 03:10:13 PM

Then again, I bet Art fucked some nasty pieces at those swingers parties.  He may have been one of those like Richard Burton who would fuck anything with a VJ-J even if it was old Mother Hubbard.  No disrespect towards Karen intended.  I don't even know what she looks like.  She doesn't sound like a model though.

Corona Kitty

timebandit

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
No, no: She did, for a time, then stopped.

I believe she stopped in either January of 2017 or January of 2018, but Art was still alive when Karen gave Heather the chop.
ah ha.. that must have been awkward

weeberwubber

Quote from: brig on May 30, 2018, 12:04:01 AM
See website facelift, and subscribe available:

https://artbelllegacy.com/

I'm 10 pages behind so forgive me if it's been brought up but I just can't believe how ballsy she is:

QuoteWhen you become a Time Traveler, you, the listeners, support the show for only $4.99 per month. You keep Midnight In The Desert with Heather Wade on the air, get access to our archive of shows for a month, and can send Heather Wade your comments and questions through The Wormhole during the live show that she just might read on the air.

Now all the bumper music will be included in the archived shows! Also expect exclusive interviews with the finest guests throughout the Paranormal field that will be available only to Time Travelers.
Wanna take a ride? Subscribe to become a Time Traveler today and don't miss a thing on Midnight In The Desert with Heather Wade! The finest in late night talk.

Same price, same Time Traveler name, same Wormhole name, same everything except now she's allowing folks to download the bumper music defying all sense of monetilogical reasoning. Balls!

Father Jack

Karen. I don't reckon that Art was tapping her what with that cute Filipina at home. I may stand to be corrected, though.

paladin1991

Skipping a shitload of pages.

Quote from: Father Jack on May 30, 2018, 03:49:14 PM
Karen. I don't reckon that Art was tapping her what with that cute Filipina at home. I may stand to be corrected, though.

She's decent-looking for her age.  To continue with the Burton analogy, you would have thought Richard Burton would have been happy with Liz Taylor at home too.  Nope, he's got to keep tapping other asses.  Who knows though?

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 03:35:20 PM
Then again, I bet Art fucked some nasty pieces at those swingers parties.  He may have been one of those like Richard Burton who would fuck anything with a VJ-J even if it was old Mother Hubbard.  No disrespect towards Karen intended.  I don't even know what she looks like.  She doesn't sound like a model though.

Well allow me to bring the theater of the mind back to reality:

http://www.knye.com/photo-album/?occur=1&lang=en&cover=0&album=1

Not a mirror breaker at all really...

Love the Burton line, I just flashed back to "Night of the Iguana"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIvSQDUGkY

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 30, 2018, 03:50:11 PM
Skipping a shitload of pages.

It's hard being a working stiff, ain't it?  I'm sure I've been missing all kinds of juicy stuff  :'(

Sean92008

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 30, 2018, 01:49:45 PM
Do you think Paul and Ella have a joint facebook account due to marriage infidelities?

Uh, great observation and, with the three couples that I know with shared accounts... 

DING, DING, DING!

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 30, 2018, 03:56:49 PM
Well allow me to bring the theater of the mind back to reality:

http://www.knye.com/photo-album/?occur=1&lang=en&cover=0&album=1

Not a mirror breaker at all really...

Love the Burton line, I just flashed back to "Night of the Iguana"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIvSQDUGkY

Thanks. Great movie!  I used to do a pretty good impression of Burton.  Haven't done it in ages though.  Where are the actors with great commanding voices these days?  Back then, you had Burton, O'Toole, Harris.  There's no one in their league now. :-\